More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 14:08:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  The Sims Medieval
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The Sims Medieval  (Read 224979 times)
shadowelements
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: The Sims Medieval
« Reply #50 on: 2011 March 25, 01:10:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For those interested in making conversions, S3PE doesn't seem to have any problem exporting files from the game, and all the hair files can be found in the various fullbuild packages. I can't get any other programs to open anything, though.

S3PE helps. Go back to basics Wink

All ready have the meshes available.

Hey girl hey?
Goggalor
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2011 March 25, 02:39:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Too bad they don't fit the heads without some editing...

YoungOldPrude
Corpulent Cretin

Cat-aholic

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2011 March 25, 02:45:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Besides bemoaning the fact that TS3 children cannot be devoured by bears, I am currently looking at the guide (Page 54), and I cannot help but think that this sounds much more like a glitch than intentional gameplay:
"You may only have two children at a time. However, if a marriage produces more than two children, the "oldest" of the children will just sorta…disappear."

"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life—music and cats." ~Albert Schweitzer

"Happy people can be so cruel."
~ Claudia of Silent Hill 3.
aemetta
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2011 March 25, 03:13:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know that using a NoCD is very unnecessary in this game, right? A simple 4-byte edit to the Twallanian NoCD works fine.

Any hints on which 4 bytes to modify? Opened one of the Medieval mods with a hex editor, and compared it with the Twallian nocd, couldn't see any obvious changes to be made. But then, I'm not awesome.

(something to do with the .Sims3 namespace string?)
professorbutters
Humourless Egghead
Lipless Loser

Humourless Priss

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2011 March 25, 04:15:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Besides bemoaning the fact that TS3 children cannot be devoured by bears, I am currently looking at the guide (Page 54), and I cannot help but think that this sounds much more like a glitch than intentional gameplay:
"You may only have two children at a time. However, if a marriage produces more than two children, the "oldest" of the children will just sorta…disappear."

"Kids are sometimes eaten by bears. To emphasize, that's devoured—not injured. Children do not survive random bear attacks."

What are you talking about?  That's not a glitch.  That's a FEATURE.

I'm assuming that the kids are supposed to be apprenticed/grow up/go somewhere--not that much different from the random "moved out of the neighborhood" stuff in TS3.  Since the kids don't have any genetics, it doesn't seem to matter, although I suppose you could take careful note of their appearances and recreate them as adults for later use.

YoungOldPrude
Corpulent Cretin

Cat-aholic

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2011 March 25, 04:58:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Kids are sometimes eaten by bears. To emphasize, that's devoured—not injured. Children do not survive random bear attacks."

What are you talking about?  That's not a glitch.  That's a FEATURE.

I'm assuming that the kids are supposed to be apprenticed/grow up/go somewhere--not that much different from the random "moved out of the neighborhood" stuff in TS3.  Since the kids don't have any genetics, it doesn't seem to matter, although I suppose you could take careful note of their appearances and recreate them as adults for later use.

Of course being devoured by bears is a feature! A Medieval feature, not a TS3 feature, which is what saddens me.
When Catherine "Brownie Bites" Brown is the one writes the guides, I distrust and suspect every bloody detail. She is too vague and cheerful for her own good. In my book, "…just sorta…disappears" is as reliable and meaningful as something you would find in the complaint posts on the official TS3 forums. I need details, dammit.

"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life—music and cats." ~Albert Schweitzer

bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2011 March 25, 05:02:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a nocd mod out? Or what is this 4-byte edit Pescado's talking about?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2011 March 25, 06:27:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Exactly where do they actually get devoured by bears, as opposed to disappearing in a system glitch? Because it sounds to me like the original game could benefit from some bear-devourment.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2011 March 25, 09:21:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love how EA lacked to at least fix their texts in storyline parts when it comes to gender. My sim's ally, the Trade Prince, had a partner that was a male, and go figure EA reffered to him as a her. Was very annoying.

And really EA?! No allowing Children to have their appearance's changed? A child called "Urchin" is running around the town in what looks like a pretty regal dress, while the Queen's daughter looks like she's more of the kitchen hand than an actual Princess!
« Last Edit: 2011 March 25, 11:53:00 by Rubyelf » Logged

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
Pico
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2011 March 25, 15:09:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To emphasize, that's devoured—not injured.

Devoured but not injured? You mean like in the Jonah & the whale story? Does the bear vomit out the child after three days and three nights and what does the child do then?
Leticron
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2011 March 25, 19:04:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a crudimentary AwesomeMod prototype available for it

Do you think you could find it in you to throw something together, even if it only has the most basic functions?
Let's say Autosave, no CD and no Tantrum.That would already make all the difference.

cwurts
Retarded Reprobate

Oona Klostermann for senate.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: 2011 March 25, 20:04:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you think you could find it in you to throw something together, even if it only has the most basic functions?
Let's say Autosave, no CD and no Tantrum.That would already make all the difference.
...and let's not forget aging, genetics, height sliders, endlessly redoable quests, death by old age, and story mode.

Join the Oona Klostermann High Society Club
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2011 March 25, 20:40:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure most of those are beyond the coding framework a STORIES game would be able to provide.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Sparks
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: 2011 March 25, 22:00:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...and let's not forget aging, genetics, height sliders, endlessly redoable quests, death by old age, and story mode.

If you want to finish all quests/give yourself more QP, type "setQP #" and you'll be able to keep questing. Debug tools need to be enabled for that to work. Also, I just tried the cheat, "RerollQuests" which works so it looks like you can keep questing indefinitely. You'll also never be able to unlock other ambitions this way, but you can keep your kingdom.
« Last Edit: 2011 March 25, 22:44:29 by Sparks » Logged

I Can Haz Portal 2?!
GnatGoSplat
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2011 March 26, 01:04:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know that using a NoCD is very unnecessary in this game, right? A simple 4-byte edit to the Twallanian NoCD works fine.

Any hints on which 4 bytes to modify? Opened one of the Medieval mods with a hex editor, and compared it with the Twallian nocd, couldn't see any obvious changes to be made. But then, I'm not awesome.

(something to do with the .Sims3 namespace string?)

Using a hex editor like HxD, look for 9F F7 C4 2B, change it to 16 B7 E5 E3.  I extracted and re-imported the S3SA, but you might not have to do that because those bytes are clearly visible in the hex editor if you load up the entire .package file.
YoungOldPrude
Corpulent Cretin

Cat-aholic

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2011 March 26, 01:19:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Exactly where do they actually get devoured by bears, as opposed to disappearing in a system glitch? Because it sounds to me like the original game could benefit from some bear-devourment.

It certainly sounds like a system glitch from the way the official guide puts it, doesn't it?
Anyway, some bear-devouring would be absolutely splendid! Unfortunately, I just found out that the Forest is a rabbithole. I believe you click on a signpost to explore it. See the new review here (around 9:02): http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0F50xuorpn8
Naturally, there are just pop-ups to tell you what is happening. No good gory action or anything.

Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: 2011 March 26, 02:13:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In a game like this, the rabbit holes seem...not that big of a deal. I can't be the only one who likes the stories and the detailed drawings you get for major events in the forest. I've never played one of those older heavily-text-based adventure games, but the choices and such from events in the "rabbit holes" seem like they derive from games like that. In a good way.
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2011 March 26, 03:47:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Editing the nocd.package file to change the hex values didn't seem to work properly. It still tells me to enter a valid activation key. Looks like I'm going to be using the reloaded crack (since the one I posted earlier is iffy)
aemetta
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2011 March 26, 04:13:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Using a hex editor like HxD, look for 9F F7 C4 2B, change it to 16 B7 E5 E3.  I extracted and re-imported the S3SA, but you might not have to do that because those bytes are clearly visible in the hex editor if you load up the entire .package file.

Thanks, but it didn't work for me either. I tried switching the bytes around in case I got the endian wrong, but no luck. Any ideas why?
Andistyr
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2011 March 26, 05:23:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got the game guide today and there is a code in it for 2 bonus outfits - Mercantile  Garb and Mercantile Corset (one for the guys and one for the ladies).  If anybody is interested and doesn't have it, the code is BGDT-Z65P-8AEQ-A3MA.
GnatGoSplat
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2011 March 26, 08:03:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, but it didn't work for me either. I tried switching the bytes around in case I got the endian wrong, but no luck. Any ideas why?

Did you remember to put d3dx9_31.dll in Game\Bin?
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2011 March 26, 08:06:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got the game guide today and there is a code in it for 2 bonus outfits - Mercantile  Garb and Mercantile Corset (one for the guys and one for the ladies).  If anybody is interested and doesn't have it, the code is BGDT-Z65P-8AEQ-A3MA.

I'm assuming this is the CD key? If so what of us who have already installed the game and feel too lazy to reinstall it, any otherways to acquire these items? Also has anyone found the pre-order sets yet?

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
Andistyr
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2011 March 26, 08:45:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not a CD key.  When your at the menu for choosing your kingdom, on the bottom left corner of the screen with the menu options, click on redeem code and then when the box pops up, put that code in, and it'll tell you that you unlocked those two outfits.  Here is the code for the 2 throne rooms and the 2 outfits from the pre-order Limited Edition Box - B66H-TCUH-SS9Q-UULP - you also type this in the same place (the redeem code option from the menu on the bottom left corner).
« Last Edit: 2011 March 26, 08:58:05 by jaldeer » Logged
Leticron
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2011 March 26, 11:10:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you remember to put d3dx9_31.dll in Game\Bin?

That did the trick

BTW why don't you just change the 4 bytes in S3PE directly? For people that don't want to download a hex editor:
Open the .package in S3PE. Mark the tag S3SA and click on GRID.
Double click "Unknown 2" and change 0x2BC4F79F to 0xE3E5B716.
Commit, Save, Enjoy
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2011 March 26, 13:18:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Jaldeer. On another note, I have the quest "A Political Marriage" to do in order to make an ally out of Elfstonian (spelling?), however my monarch is already married, anyone know if any other quests will pop up for them to become my allies? I really don't want to have to absolve my monarch's marriage to her knight.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: