More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 19, 11:56:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6510 Members
Latest Member: TGTams
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  The Sims Medieval
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The Sims Medieval  (Read 224718 times)
CLmeow
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
The Sims Medieval
« on: 2011 March 22, 22:39:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just bought the Sims Medieval and was wondering if the good folks here were planning to do their good magic on it and make an awesomemod for it and other stuff?  Not sure yet what it will need as I have yet to run the game.  Just asking.  Smiley  Has anyone played it yet?  What do you think of it?

Cats don't hunt seals. They would if they knew what they were and where to find them. But they don't, so that's all right. - Terry Pratchett
Cats instinctively know the exact moment their owners will wake up. Then they wake them 10 minutes sooner.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
Re: The Sims Medieval
« Reply #1 on: 2011 March 22, 23:18:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If only there were a thread already where people had been discussing this game for five or more pages.  Sad

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
CLmeow
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011 March 22, 23:58:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did a search before i posted and found nothing newer that 2010 on Sims Medieval!  Stupid search!  Gotta search better I guess.

Edit:  Still can't find anything.
« Last Edit: 2011 March 23, 00:04:53 by CLmeow » Logged

Cats don't hunt seals. They would if they knew what they were and where to find them. But they don't, so that's all right. - Terry Pratchett
Cats instinctively know the exact moment their owners will wake up. Then they wake them 10 minutes sooner.
bitterquill
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011 March 23, 00:42:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The first thread provided from a search for the word "medieval" has posts from as recent as, uh, today.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011 March 23, 00:52:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, but that thread is in Retardo Land, so it doesn't count.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2011 March 23, 04:12:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will you be offering any Shinies soon?

*Skadi goes off to hunt down Fat Gwilly Types.

Rockermonkey
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2011 March 23, 07:55:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's no noCD hack out there yet, is there? Ugh, I hate cracks with a passion.
basbas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2011 March 23, 07:56:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you blind? They are everywhere.
Rockermonkey
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2011 March 23, 08:02:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you blind? They are everywhere.

I'm not talking about cracks. I'm talking about noCD mods, like twallan's for TS3. As far as I know, there's no known way to even put mods in this game yet.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2011 March 23, 09:22:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone tried opening the game packages with s3pe yet?  Is it compatible with the modding tools available?

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

Mugged by an iceberg! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2011 March 23, 09:47:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone tried opening the game packages with s3pe yet?  Is it compatible with the modding tools available?

I get a lot of unhandled exception errors with s3pe and the TSM build packages. Not on everything, but on plenty of stuff just selecting it in s3pe brings the error.

This game is fairly bizarre, btw.

AIDE to Assmitten | Ask Me How!
Marquis
fway
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2011 March 23, 10:27:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone tried opening the game packages with s3pe yet?  Is it compatible with the modding tools available?

I was able to open the packages successfully. To add on to Spockers' response, the exception errors I got were for VXPY and RIG. There are probably more file types that get these errors, but I just wanted to see if s3pe would go crazy if I opened up a package file from TSM.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2011 March 23, 10:39:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was able to pull open the script code and begin messing with it, although some modifications to the format and tools were needed. I have a crudimentary AwesomeMod prototype available for it, and I also armtwisted the simpler Twallanian no-CD to work, but as I poke around, it turns out the game is really, really, bare. The script core is just so much smaller compared to TS3. There's really not that much in the game.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2011 March 23, 10:42:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Most of the people who have been asking me if s3pe will work with it seem to be interested in extracting the object meshes for use in their normal sims game.  I suppose if the MLODs and MODLs can be used that will be something - at least can make a new look to existing objects.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
YoungOldPrude
Corpulent Cretin

Cat-aholic

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2011 March 23, 10:57:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The script core is just so much smaller compared to TS3. There's really not that much in the game.

EAxis will remedy that with their planned expansion packs—if they do not bork their own system first. I still cannot get over that patch list. Is the discrepancy due mostly to the lack of aging?

"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life—music and cats." ~Albert Schweitzer

"Happy people can be so cruel."
~ Claudia of Silent Hill 3.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2011 March 23, 11:33:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are expansion packs for this thing? I thought Stories games were one-shots.

Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2011 March 23, 11:40:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It does say "a new base game" on the ad at the EA site.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2011 March 23, 12:21:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It seems really limited as a game, even more so than the Sims Stories set. It's a flat set, with almost a 2D feel. It's the game they were trying to make when they introduced all the bloody questing in TS3. Two of this, three of that, now go here, now do that. It reminds me more of one of those Reflexive games than a modern sims game. I can see maybe trying out several more of those 'heroes' and then giving it up as a lost cause.

I haven't installed the patch because I'm not sure if the cracked exe will work with the patch. I have noticed some echoing audio, but nothing else of note.

I also note that by far the vast majority of artwork at the beginning depicts male heroes. Which is true to the time period I guess, but not very enticing to a more balanced player. They could have at least shown a queen. I think there is a female cook.

A bunch of the royal household have been walking round in a green stink since the first day of play, despite the fact that the sims don't have hygiene bars. Pissing on the pot is a crap animation with the pot clipping through the skirt.

Oh and the petitions the royal takes while on the throne. (No, not that one!) The sims used to have a fairly light touch with humour, now the choices in a petition are likely to be really stupid. Like a petition where the petitioner could have their neighbour put to death for feeding stray dogs, or they could move the whole house away. (I had the neighbour put to death and my popularity plummeted). Cheesy

Unimpressed.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Rockermonkey
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2011 March 23, 12:27:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

^I have the patch installed with the non-updated crack, so I think it's fine.

I did crash once, and my options refuses to open. But other then that, it's seemingly alright.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2011 March 23, 12:42:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It seems really limited as a game, even more so than the Sims Stories set. It's a flat set, with almost a 2D feel.
Yes, and probably more of a pain in the ass to pillage, too.

A bunch of the royal household have been walking round in a green stink since the first day of play, despite the fact that the sims don't have hygiene bars. Pissing on the pot is a crap animation with the pot clipping through the skirt.
And they don't have bladders, anyway. It's unclear why the item even exists, and seems to reflect some sort of change in design mid-development: There is a full set of the code addressing the nonexistent bladder motive, so using it actually does satisfy the bladder motive...except there isn't an actual bladder motive. If this makes no sense to you, it's a coding thing. Just accept that a something can exist in the code, yet not exist. And the Sims games have always done skirts badly, because they aren't so much an actual skirt as they are a flexible leg-wraparound-tube. This is very noticeable when a sim performs an action that should be physically impossible while wearing such a thing.

YoungOldPrude
Corpulent Cretin

Cat-aholic

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2011 March 23, 12:44:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are expansion packs for this thing? I thought Stories games were one-shots.

Medieval is just the start of another money-milking trend. If it sells well, they will make them.

"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life—music and cats." ~Albert Schweitzer

"Happy people can be so cruel."
~ Claudia of Silent Hill 3.
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2011 March 23, 12:50:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It sounds like complete and utter shite.  Not worth either buying or arrring.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2011 March 23, 12:53:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But since you're the maker of IngePE, you're obligated to do so anyway so that people can pillage. Clearly, BlueSoup has failed us! You must not!

Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2011 March 23, 12:56:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But "ingePE" already opens most of it.  The first mods for it are already out.

netza
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2011 March 23, 13:35:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

^I have the patch installed with the non-updated crack, so I think it's fine.

I did crash once, and my options refuses to open. But other then that, it's seemingly alright.

Same here. Crashes alot and no options since patching. Don't know if it's a patch-fault or unupdated crack-fault...

edit:
found updated crack and everything seems to work fine now.
« Last Edit: 2011 March 23, 14:50:47 by netza » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: