More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 06:31:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Disappearing Cars
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Disappearing Cars  (Read 8767 times)
shadow
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Disappearing Cars
« on: 2011 March 08, 16:07:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I searched and only found one relevant post from June 2009. My sims cars keep disappearing. They drive somewhere and come home with out the car and it is no where to be found. Also, after installing OL, all my sims that didn't have cars now have the 'big lemon' or whatever it's called. Does anyone else have this problem.
sabrieljo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Disappearing Cars
« Reply #1 on: 2011 March 10, 16:38:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got the same problem no matter how many cars and motorbikes I give my sims they just disappear, so I came here looking for answers  Grin
BaronElectricPhase
Blathering Buffoon

Caution: May contain Nuts

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011 March 10, 22:30:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...so I came here looking for answers  Grin

BWAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAA
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011 March 11, 01:40:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

By "your sims", do you mean "the currently selected household", or just "your sims in general", that you bought cars for, then switched away from? There's a fun "feature" in non-Awesome TS3 that causes that.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011 March 11, 02:43:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually I am experiencing the same issue. The sims in my neighbourhood, not the player controlled ones, are given some nice bikes and cars so I can make my hood look interesting in what each drive, but no, they use them a couple of times, and then vanish and all turn into Big Lemons. I have Big Lemons in just about every carpark in game, and towderelicts doesn't fix it.

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011 March 11, 02:58:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have no inventory destruction enabled? If you don't turn that feature on, sim inventories get wiped out, which is what causes the loss of the cars.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2011 March 11, 09:44:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have no inventory destruction enabled? If you don't turn that feature on, sim inventories get wiped out, which is what causes the loss of the cars.

Pretty sure I don't but I'll  double check and make sure I don't.

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2011 March 11, 12:10:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the point is you *do* want it enabled.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Roobs
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2011 March 11, 19:36:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have awesome TS3, and I have noticed that moving households while a sim is on a community lot can cause a loss of vehicles (I lost a Police Car, among other cars, due to this). It's a bit of a problem considering AM likes to automatically shuffle sims about as it deems necessary.
spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

Mugged by an iceberg! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2011 March 11, 19:50:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You probably have Tsunami Mode turned on.

AIDE to Assmitten | Ask Me How!
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2011 March 11, 22:44:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have awesome TS3, and I have noticed that moving households while a sim is on a community lot can cause a loss of vehicles (I lost a Police Car, among other cars, due to this). It's a bit of a problem considering AM likes to automatically shuffle sims about as it deems necessary.

I saw this occur once, and was easily fixed in my case.  The sim in question had parked the car in the carpark space outside the lot he went to, and when the rest of the family moved and they moved to catch up, for some reason they caught a taxi instead of taking their own vehicle.  Once i sent the sim back to the lot, they could retrieve their vehicle.  I have found alot of issues with vehicles, and the root cause appears to be the EAxis option to used "preferred vehicle" rather than "vehicle owner" like they did in TS2.  The "preferred vehicle" status does not prevent other sims from taking a vehicle from a garage or parking space even though the vehicle in question is marked as a preferred vehicle for someone else.  This seems to result in vehicles being abandoned by the different sims when they grab a different mode of transport.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2011 March 12, 16:47:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Conversely, however, the preferred vehicle function avoids "abandoned" vehicles that used to happen before, as the preferred vehicle, if available, gets summoned like KITT anytime it is needed, so sims doing the behavior where they park the vehicle on a community lot, then decide their next community lot is close enough to walk to, and stroll off the lot, forgetting their car, and thus leaving it stranded forever, no longer happens.

sabrieljo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2011 March 12, 18:06:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The cars were disappearing from my active household but I think my problem was too many parking spots, I had 4 in a large garage now I have just 2 and its seems ok
Sarafina
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2011 March 14, 05:24:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Vehicles tend to end up in family inventory, where I cannot sell, place, or destroy them.  Pretty annoying.  I have noticed it most with my interior designer sim after she goes out for jobs.  I have three cars in her family inventory that I cannot get back.  Every once in a while this happens to cameras as well.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2011 March 17, 16:41:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have objects stuck in your inventory, try "setconfig moveinventoryobjects true", which should enable you to yank them out. Set it back to false when you're done, or you might damage something.

Sarafina
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2011 March 18, 02:34:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tried that tonight and it did not work.  Wasn't sure if I needed no inventory destruction on, so I tried it both ways.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2011 March 18, 11:17:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try turning moveobjects on as well?

Sarafina
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2011 April 18, 02:18:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, been busy, so I just tested it today and even using move objects it doesn't help.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: