More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 02:18:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  Two mods: Quicker Conversion and Household Chance
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Two mods: Quicker Conversion and Household Chance  (Read 22957 times)
superstition
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Two mods: Quicker Conversion and Household Chance
« on: 2011 February 21, 21:23:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello,

Here are two mods. The first is Quicker Conversion, which reduces the number of times a player is forced to initiate same-sex romantic actions before the character will be "converted" to gay. It was tested and created for version 1.4.6 of the base game in 2009. I haven't played the Sims 3 since then but I do plan to test this again and update if necessary. There are two versions of this mod. The first reduces the number of forced interactions from 6 (the game's default) down to 1. The second reduces it to 2. Only install one.

The second mod is a Household Chance mod that either just increases the likelihood of there being same-sex households or (with the other version) -- affects the other variables (such as percentage of elderly couples, couples with children, et cetera). There are four versions; only install one.

Reasons for these tuning mods: I find requiring players to force characters 6 times to perform same-sex romantic socials to break the "suspension of disbelief" to a strong degree. Also, the default percentage of same-sex households is very low. I recall that it was 1%, although I am not absolutely certain about that.

Edit: Download and install the basic modding framework file: d3dx9_31.dll, unless you have game version 1.12 or higher.

If anyone knows if the code has changed or been deprecated, please let me know.

Update: These should be compatible with AwesomeMod, as JMP said none of the code I adjusted is dealt with by that mod.

* superstition_samesex_realism_mods.zip (7.64 KB - downloaded 307 times.)
« Last Edit: 2011 March 09, 22:53:19 by superstition » Logged
superstition
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Two mods: Quicker Conversion and Household Chance
« Reply #1 on: 2011 February 21, 21:28:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For those interested in the code, here is the line that Quicker Conversion addresses:

kNumUserDirectedSameSexGenderPreferencesBeforeSameSexAllowedAutonomously value="X"

(X = 6 for EA default. In my mods it's either 1 or 2. 0 has the same effect as 1).

For the "only" version of the household chance mod, this is the code:

<kPercentChanceOfSameSexHousehold value="X">
      <!--Chance of same sex household, in percent-->

(For my mod, X is either 19 or 50, depending upon which one you download.)

For the full version of Household Chance, this is the code:

<kPercentChanceOfSingleParentHousehold value="10">
      <!--Chance of single parent household, in percent-->
    </kPercentChanceOfSingleParentHousehold>
    <kPercentChanceOfSameSexHousehold value="19">
      <!--Chance of same sex household, in percent-->
    </kPercentChanceOfSameSexHousehold>
    <kPercentChanceOfElderlyHousehold value="18">
      <!--Chance of elderly household if childless, in percent-->
    </kPercentChanceOfElderlyHousehold>
    <kPercentChanceOfRoommatesHousehold value="20">
      <!--Chance of a household being composed entirely of roommates, in percent-->
    </kPercentChanceOfRoommatesHousehold>
    <kRelationshipDistributionWithKids value="65, 10, 25">
      <!--Relationship distribution for couples with kids [spouse, fiancee, partner]-->
    </kRelationshipDistributionWithKids>
    <kRelationshipDistributionWithoutKids value="35, 25, 40">
      <!--Relationship distribution for couples with no kids [spouse, fiancee, partner]-->
    </kRelationshipDistributionWithoutKids>

Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011 February 21, 21:32:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What are you talking about? If the Sim being 'converted' has no sexual inclination then they will accept the romantic advances of any other Sim no matter what gender, and become slightly biased in that direction. Sims that take more interactions are already gender-preferenced. Are you going to make it as easy to convert them back again for a neighbourhood of swingers or are you homo-biased?

There are already mods to affect the nature of households moving into the hood. I'm not at my PC atm so I couldn't tell you which one I currently use.

And - Why did you double post?

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
superstition
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011 February 21, 21:38:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perhaps later versions of the game, via patches and EPs, have changed the way the game handles this. As I wrote in my post, these were created for version 1.4.6.

When I created them, the percentage of same-sex households was very very low - unrealistically low, so I created Household Chance.

It took 6 forced (player-initiated) advances before a Sim would act autonomously on same-sex romantic socials, so I created Quicker Conversion. This contrasts with the heterosexual advances which happened without such forcing.

If the code has changed, I would be very interested in seeing a post with the new code.

As for being "homo biased", I have to say that being forced to initiate romantic socials only for same-sex autonomy to be unlocked is hardly fair to gay players. It's also unscientific and politically volatile because people aren't converted and yet there are political groups that make that very claim. There are other things the game did, too, like take my male players and put them in situations where they would meet strange women for the purpose of romance. The bias isn't mine. These mods, especially Quicker Conversion, are designed to minimize the game's bias. If I could get rid of conversion altogether I would.

Even if the code has changed with recent patches, some may want to use an older version of the game and could find these tuning mods useful.

And - Why did you double post?
Because the average player doesn't need to read about the code affected. It's a niche matter.
« Last Edit: 2011 February 21, 21:47:14 by superstition » Logged
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011 February 21, 21:51:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I report on observable facts not code, and if you modify the meaning of 'converted' to 'likely to initiate moves of that sexuality' then I have no specific observations. I would also be interested in code that showed Sims showing either proclivity needing 'priming' for a greater or lesser amount. It has been my general observation that sexuality in the Sims catching and that youngsters make no moves unless moved apon or pushed by a story driver - which is different to (and in EA's case almost completely seperate from) actual Sim preferences.

superstition
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011 February 21, 22:01:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

if you modify the meaning of 'converted' to 'likely to initiate moves of that sexuality' then I have no specific observations.
When we have a situation in which a character acts autonomously toward the opposite sex but must be forced 6 times to act the same way toward the same sex -- then turning gay... that's conversion, right? If not for the forced same-sex interactions, of which a specific number are required, the player would never behave in a gay manner -- unless acted upon by another character who is forced 6 times. I don't see how this isn't a matter of conversion.

Here is a later mod that was posted on ModtheSims. It has two notable tidbits.

Quote from: werismyki
Same Sex relationships are apparently blocked by AwesomeMod and its' users may experience difficulties if attempted.

EA wrote several disadvantages and preventatives for same sex relations. Some of these can be overcome with tuning files, others require core over rides.
« Last Edit: 2011 February 21, 22:06:16 by superstition » Logged
spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

Mugged by an iceberg! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2011 February 21, 22:30:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here is a later mod that was posted on ModtheSims. It has two notable tidbits.

Same Sex relationships are apparently blocked by AwesomeMod and its' users may experience difficulties if attempted.

You should probably not believe everything you read on the Internet.

AIDE to Assmitten | Ask Me How!
superstition
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2011 February 21, 22:42:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I believe is immaterial. That information was posted so it was relevant in this context. I don't think my mods were worked into that person's mod, because I got a PM about them a while back and the mod description doesn't address either the conversion issue or the household chance issue.

If you want to do me a favor, you can check to see if the code in my mods has been deprecated/superseded in the recent patches. I would be very grateful. If not, though, I'm going to install the Sims 3 again in the next day or two and will look into it. I'd like to be certain that the mods are still useful for those with the latest patches/EPs.

Also, if anyone knows of a possible conflict with these, I'd be very glad to know so I can include the warning in the Read Me and opening post.
spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2011 February 21, 22:46:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I believe is immaterial. That information was posted so it was relevant in this context.

No, that's not what relevant means.

superstition
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2011 February 21, 22:57:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not interested in bickering. If you'd like to add something constructive to the topic, please do so. Thanks.
spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2011 February 21, 23:27:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not interested in bickering. If you'd like to add something constructive to the topic, please do so. Thanks.

You don't actually get to tell people what they can talk about here. I'm not sure who informed you that you were given this authority, but they were mistaken.

PS - viewing my profile will bring you no closer to enlightenment on this issue.

Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2011 February 22, 00:09:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What Spockblock meant was Awesome mod does not block any same sex relationships. In fact I have it from Pescado's words that it will actually generate new SS rels once a critical lvl is reached.

And bickering is a basic communication form. Telling people you aren't interested in it is only going to wet their whistles.

spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2011 February 22, 00:16:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What Spockblock meant was Awesome mod does not block any same sex relationships. In fact I have it from Pescado's words that it will actually generate new SS rels once a critical lvl is reached.

Yes. Considering my great love for both Awesomemod and Lesbians, I consider myself an authority in this specific area. And take it from this expert: same-sex romantic socials totally work with AM installed.

superstition
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2011 February 22, 00:19:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't expect otherwise, but posted it because I felt it's relevant. If he had some sort of anti-gay bias we would have known it a long time ago. The Sims 2 Romance Mod, for instance, has been around a long time.

In fact, I was the one who requested No Shock for Outgoing many moons ago on MTS2, back when there was a requests forum, and he was kind enough to create it, so aside from my gratitude for his other work, I personally appreciate that effort.
« Last Edit: 2011 February 22, 00:26:48 by superstition » Logged
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2011 February 22, 00:24:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How is posting something that is blatantly false relevant?  It is misinformation.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Jeebus
Nitwitted Nuisance

MATY's Lord and Savior

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2011 February 22, 00:26:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How is posting something that is blatantly false relevant?  It is misinformation.
Hmm, do we have a new Claeric on our hands?

"Terminate the erroneous data" is an awesome euphemism for an abortion.
superstition
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2011 February 22, 00:28:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ask the person who posted it on MTS. I posted it here to see if it was true, and am glad to have so quickly been informed that it's not.

You know, the incessant sniping really isn't necessary or helpful. Can we stick to the mods, please?
spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2011 February 22, 00:29:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, the incessant sniping really isn't necessary or helpful. Can we stick to the mods, please?

What part of this do you not get yet?

superstition
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2011 February 22, 00:36:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Like a rude version of ELIZA.
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2011 February 22, 00:43:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tell us moar about your rude version of ELIZA.  It seems very significant for you.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2011 February 22, 00:43:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Like a rude version of ELIZA.

Don't forget to click the "thanks" button!

superstition
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2011 February 22, 00:47:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tell us moar about your rude version of ELIZA.  It seems very significant for you.
ELIZA has almost no intelligence whatsoever, only tricks like string substitution and canned responses based on keywords. Yet when the original ELIZA first appeared in the 60's, some people actually mistook her for human.
I suppose this latest and greatest incarnation has been upgraded with new sockpuppet code.
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2011 February 22, 00:49:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I sense some hesitance.  Have you had difficulties with sockpuppet code before in your life?

superstition
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2011 February 22, 00:51:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Entropy is a fact of life for everyone.
ProfPlumbob
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2011 March 01, 07:37:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm, I actually find the current state of homosexuals in the game pretty good.  I get about 4-6 couples in the neighborhood.  I just want to know if there's a mod that allows them to adopt when not playing them.  That would be super. 

Imagination will often carry us to places that never were. But without it we go nowhere.  -Carl Sagan
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: