More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 16:29:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  blank icons in family tree
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: blank icons in family tree  (Read 4382 times)
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
blank icons in family tree
« on: 2011 January 22, 11:40:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a somewhat borked family tree, can anyone tell me how serious it is?  What might the repercussions be on the 'hood?   

There are 6 sims: 2 alive and 4 dead.  When you look at the family tree for one of the live sims in game, the relationships between all the sims are correct, but the thumbnails for the 4 dead sims are blank.  When you click on one of blank icons, the game changes the blank to the thumbnail of the previous sim.  The 4 dead sims have stub files and can't be resurrected.  SimPE shows thumbnails for them.

This is part of the Monty family which has been exported and cleaned at least twice before being put in Meadow Lawns which is available for download.  5 of the sims were maxis made in the first place and one was born in game.  Yes, I know ... I shouldn't have used them, but I didn't know that then.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: blank icons in family tree
« Reply #1 on: 2011 February 15, 15:08:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2011 February 15, 17:37:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh rats!   Thanks for checking though....

I suspect that Meadow Lawns, like other downloadable 'hoods has a novelty value, but people tend to go back to their 'own' hood relatively quickly.  Certainly no-one has posted to say they are still playing it.  In that case people may never reach meltdown point. 

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011 February 16, 18:56:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree.  As long as people are aware that the neighborhood may become unplayable at some future point, and prevent themselves from becoming too attached, these downloadable neighborhoods can be a lot of fun.

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: