More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 07:57:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  skilling mod
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: skilling mod  (Read 6173 times)
cwurts
Retarded Reprobate

Oona Klostermann for senate.

View Profile WWW
skilling mod
« on: 2010 December 23, 21:28:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a mod out there that allows you to set the amount of time a sim will take to perform a skilling action, example garden for 30 minutes; fish for 2 hours.  I know the base game allows you to choose between indefinitely or until level up, but I want my sims to spend a definite amount of time skilling.  This seems like something that people would have thought of already - I know I've seen similar mods.  But I'm wondering if this has been done before exactly how I describe?

Join the Oona Klostermann High Society Club
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: skilling mod
« Reply #1 on: 2010 December 23, 21:54:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh boy. Here we go with the macromicromanagement style. Do your sims ever get a moment to themselves?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 December 23, 22:27:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No.  If cwuntz takes his eyes off of his sims for even a second, they stick their heads in the oven.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
goatrider
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 December 23, 22:53:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think he wants a "script" instead of a "mod".

Try the Egosoft Forum, there are a lot of scripters there for X3 Reunion, maybe they can help you there.
(http://forum.egosoft.com/)
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 December 23, 22:56:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If there are similar mods, why don't you learn how to mod and alter the existing ones to suit exactly what you want?

Then again, whey the hell are you still playing TS3, you hate it so much because it isn't TS2 with improved whatever?

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 December 24, 00:42:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh boy. Here we go with the macromicromanagement style. Do your sims ever get a moment to themselves?
Of course not. Why would you propose an utterly daft thing like that? Do you even KNOW how the Sim AI works? Macro-micromanagement is what I'm ALL about.

Is there a mod out there that allows you to set the amount of time a sim will take to perform a skilling action, example garden for 30 minutes; fish for 2 hours.
No, and the number of increments involved would rapidly get unwieldy to put in a menu. Not to mention you would incur major transaction cost losses.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
cwurts
Retarded Reprobate

Oona Klostermann for senate.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2010 December 24, 03:44:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awwww....but I'm getting so close to perfecting my gameplay style.  I have Twallan's Relativity set to 1/37th of a minute per second; I have Twallan's Portrait Panel set to sort sims by idleness; I've adjusted the rabbithole meta-autonomy to prevent sims from being pulled there when their autonomy is shut off.  All I need now is to stop sims from skilling indefinitely so they WILL become idle instead of continuing on and not showing up as idle on the top of my Portrait Panel.

Join the Oona Klostermann High Society Club
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 December 24, 21:12:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lionhead's "Black and White" games gave you the option to play a god, either good or evil.  As an evil god, you could train your interactive pet to go through your worshippers' village, devouring their children.

This is still less disturbing than the way cwuntz approaches The Sims.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 December 25, 01:30:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awwww....but I'm getting so close to perfecting my gameplay style.  I have Twallan's Relativity set to 1/37th of a minute per second; I have Twallan's Portrait Panel set to sort sims by idleness;
Wow, real-time sims, eh? Does that work out? No errors at all?

No, I understand perfectly what drives it to do what it does.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

Mugged by an iceberg! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 December 25, 01:51:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My INTJ nature cannot help but be impressed by the disturbing way he approaches The Sims, I'm sorry to admit.

Makes me feel like I lack... dedication. Or something. Must go away for a long while and think about this problem.

AIDE to Assmitten | Ask Me How!
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 December 27, 01:19:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find myself terribly confused. Didn't Cwurtz say it hated players who micromanaged their play? Didn't they declare peace in the Middle East?

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 December 29, 10:24:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wait, you mean the end of the war in Iraq was a lie?  Cry  Angry

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: