More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 14:39:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  Store Stuff Made Shiftable: Update 8/11
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Store Stuff Made Shiftable: Update 8/11  (Read 75916 times)
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
Store Stuff Made Shiftable: Update 8/11
« on: 2010 December 01, 05:37:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is a mod (for Crapified TS3 Store stuff) that makes all the wall lights, wall sculptures, wall clocks, wall televisions, mirrors, curtains and paintings from the TS3 store (with the exception of the Christmas Stockings, which are borked anyway) able to be shifted up or down on the wall. I did not separate the files, because if I had I would have been uploading a .rar with 200 something individual files in it, and no one would like that. If you do not have all the items, they will show up as blanks in your item catalog. Did not include ALL curtains as some of them are too big to be shiftable. Some do not shift by much either.

Post any complaints, problems, things I missed or suggestions here. Credits to Gelydh for the idea, Clara for the unlocked stencils which I incorporated for the items with stencils, and Granthes who figured out how to make curtains shiftable.

Also now including tiny update making the WA curtains shiftable as they are not available in the curtain thread on MTS.

Edited to remove the Pirate Signs, as they had stencils that I didn't know about, which were unlocked and made shiftable Here.

Edited Base Game, HELS, and LN wall TVs to make them shiftable. Seperated by EP.

Edited the Award Certificates, the WA Certificates of Partnership, and the AMB awards for Stylists (mirror) Investigators (Plaque) And the 3 generic wall medals to be shiftable. Will not conflict with the mod that fixes the Award Certificate Images. Seperated by EP.

1/06 - Added 'The Queen's Mirror'. Also removed a few redundancies.
2/03 - Added 'Carry a Torch for me Mirror'. Curtains deemed too large to be made shifty.
3/03 - Added Sci-Fi TV and Mirror, and White Rabbit Mirror
4/12 - Added Vined Mirror, and Do it Yourself Curtain.
5/05 - Added Ono Reflections, Gorging Tiki Mirror, and Italian Starburst Mirror
6/02 - Added Windowed Reflections, Beveled Mirror, and the previously unnoticed Overachieving Plate Rack.
7/11 - Added Polished Pebbles Mirror. Check page 2 for working shiftable fish trophies.
4/11 - Added Fission Reaction Reflection Mirror, Ancient Dojo Wall Mirror, Primpin' Player, Narcissa Mirror, Web-O-Wonder, Visions of Grandeur, Electron Entertainment TV, and the simpoint reward guitar mirror.
8/11 - Removed Lagomorph in Neon. Get Clara's fix instead. Added Christmas stockings fix to shiftable store objects, and am including the stockings themselves until they are added to my package files. Check page 3 for shiftable wall sketches for Ambitions, a shiftable wall mirror from Pets, shiftable burglar alarms, fire alarms, and a bulletin board for the base game.

* Shiftable WA Curtains By Moryrie.rar (1.87 KB - downloaded 3332 times.)
* ShiftableWallTVs.rar (4.05 KB - downloaded 3579 times.)
* ShiftableAwards.rar (1.75 KB - downloaded 4013 times.)
* Store Stuff_Shiftable.7z (248.56 KB - downloaded 1930 times.)
« Last Edit: 2011 November 08, 07:58:45 by Moryrie » Logged

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
Re: TS3 Store Stuff Made Shiftable
« Reply #1 on: 2010 December 01, 11:17:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

if you want it decrapified, send me all the decrapified OBJDs, and I'll see what I can do

If people need it decrapified they only need drop it on the decrapify.exe. Even a retarded monkey could manage that. It's my opinion that people releasing pre-decrapified content or requesting it should be shot, as it leads to confusion between versions, conflicts and game issues when people aren't sure what they are using or what they are downloading.  Especially when it's so easy to make something decrapified if you need to.

/rant

Thanks for the mod, and btw. Once aWT finishes this tool, updating mods like this will be a lot safer and easier (regardless of decrapified content). So you may want to keep an eye on that page.
« Last Edit: 2010 December 01, 12:29:22 by Anach » Logged

jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 December 01, 20:26:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

if you want it decrapified, send me all the decrapified OBJDs, and I'll see what I can do

If people need it decrapified they only need drop it on the decrapify.exe. Even a retarded monkey could manage that. It's my opinion that people releasing pre-decrapified content or requesting it should be shot, as it leads to confusion between versions, conflicts and game issues when people aren't sure what they are using or what they are downloading.  Especially when it's so easy to make something decrapified if you need to.

/rant

I hate to interrupt a good rant, but I think what she meant is that this mod isn't compatible with decrapified store content.  That has nothing to do with how easy the decrapification process is.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 December 01, 20:39:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So this will work with .package format (mine are merged together) store items?
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2010 December 01, 20:54:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@ShortyBoo Yes. There would have been no point in me doing this if it didn't work for my own merged package system. Just drop the package in an override folder, and it works.

@jeromycraig, This is also correct.

I will also note that simply decrapifying this package (or any other package editing store items) does not seem to make it work for decrapified store content. When I used decrapified content, and tried that with some other mod, it didn't work, hence why I said I'd make it compatible for decrapified objects if someone would send me all the decrapified OBJDs.

Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2010 December 01, 23:38:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

/rant

I hate to interrupt a good rant, but I think what she meant is that this mod isn't compatible with decrapified store content.  That has nothing to do with how easy the decrapification process is.

My point is that there is no need to release decrapfied content when it is so easy. There are many people (on this forum alone) decrapifying mods and sims3packs without distinguishing the files from non-decrapified content. Eventually they get passed around and shared and people lose track. Its a whole lot easier if people simply dont share decrapified stuff, and if someone needs it decrapified, they can do it themselves in a couple seconds.

It wouldnt surprise me if half the people here have a mix of decrapified and non-decrapified store content and don't even know it.

I will also note that simply decrapifying this package (or any other package editing store items) does not seem to make it work for decrapified store content. When I used decrapified content, and tried that with some other mod, it didn't work, hence why I said I'd make it compatible for decrapified objects if someone would send me all the decrapified OBJDs.

Never had that issue. I have all my store content installed via launcher and decrapified, so I have to decrapify packages such as yours if I wish to use them. Although that tool I linked to will make this whole process unnecessary, as it will apply the changes to the users own OBJD files, decrapified or otherwise, then export them to an override package.
« Last Edit: 2010 December 01, 23:43:41 by Anach » Logged

Noenmity
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 December 02, 20:00:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I completely agree with you Anach.
knightguy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile WWW
Re: TS3 Store Stuff Made Shiftable Now with CURTAINS
« Reply #7 on: 2010 December 03, 07:20:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i'm confused when I first downloaded this I thought it was for non-decrapified sims store stuff but now it says for "Crapified" sims store stuff

so which is it?  Huh

To err is human, but to really foul things up requires a computer.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2010 December 03, 07:44:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Non-Decrapified = Crapified = Has not been Decrapified. It always said Crapified, I just emboldened it.

myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 December 03, 07:45:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i'm confused when I first downloaded this I thought it was for non-decrapified sims store stuff but now it says for "Crapified" sims store stuff

so which is it?  Huh

Really?
Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 December 03, 11:01:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You missed two wall TVs, the LN one that costs 4000§ and the (AMB?) one that costs the hefty price of 9500§. Otherwise, nice work Moryrie. BTW could the windows be made 'shiftable' or is it hard-coded to the bone? That would help a lot with the roof problem.

Edit: Oops, that's what you get when you spend an hour shifting all the wall items in the catalog to test the mod. But now I can haz those TVs, baa.
« Last Edit: 2010 December 03, 22:01:37 by Painkiller » Logged
Heli
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 December 03, 12:21:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are the wall lights from Base Game and EP´s not shiftable without the mod from Geldyth?
In my game ( without LN but patched) I can shift wall lights. Not the store items, but others, yes.
For the store things I will use this mod.
soozelwoozel
Senator

Success Weasel, School of notovny '11

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 December 03, 13:42:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Last I checked, decrapify only worked on Windoze, so Mac users need someone else to decrapify for them, don't they? Spare a thought for us poor souls, with our shiny but gaming-handicapped Eggs.

KNOCK KNOCK, JUNIOR\'S HERE
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2010 December 03, 19:28:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@Painkiller,I didn't 'miss' those, since I was only messing with store crap. But now you can haz your wall TVs too for LN, HELS, and the Base Game.

@Heli, Not all the wall lights are shiftable without Gelydh's mod. There's a couple that got overlooked, and I don't think they fixed the lights for the other EPs.

@Sooze, if you will send me all your decrapified OBJDs, I'll see about doing it. As I told Anach, simply decrapifying this sort of thing and hoping it worked for the decrapified objects in game, never worked for me.

Edit: Shiftable windows do NOT work. At least not the way the others work. Someone else will have to crack that code, and then I'll copy them. xP
« Last Edit: 2010 December 03, 20:47:43 by Moryrie » Logged

Heli
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010 December 07, 13:07:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do not understand this, in my game I can shift all wall lights except custom. Huh

Other thing, is it possible to make kitchen cabinets shiftable and go down with walls?
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010 December 10, 05:42:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Then you have a mod that allows you to do so, like Gelydh's linked to in the first post. Secondly, this deals with store items, not CC. You'll likely have to go into SimPE S3PE and make any CC lights shiftable yourself if you want them to move up and down.
« Last Edit: 2010 December 10, 17:30:13 by Sigmund » Logged

I sing along with elevator music.
Heli
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010 December 10, 09:42:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Then you have a mod that allows you to do so, like Gelydh's linked to in the first post. Secondly, this deals with store items, not CC. You'll likely have to go into SimPE and make any CC lights shiftable yourself if you want them to move up and down.
Hm ?
1. I am not bad with SimPe, but it does not help me for Sims3.
2. Store has kitchen cabinets too .
3. I do not say, I want Moryrie do this mod for CC, I say, I can shift wall lights from BG without Gelydh´s mod. I can not understand this, why this is possible in my game and not for other gamer. It is only a question.

Edit: Huge Lunatic has made the kitchen cabinets from BG and EP´s shiftable.

« Last Edit: 2010 December 10, 09:53:46 by Heli » Logged
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2010 December 10, 17:29:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is English your first language? That's not intended as a dig, I just had a hard time understanding your post.

Without any mods, no wall lights are shiftable. With Gelydh's mod, base game and EP lights are shiftable, but not CC ones or store ones. If you can move your base game or EP wall lights up and down, you have a mod that enables you to do so.

SimPE was a typo that I'll go back and fix-- it was supposed to read S3PE. That's what I get for posting in a hurry, I guess.

Heli
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2010 December 10, 23:06:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sigmund,
I'm sorry. that you had difficulty understanding me.
I think it is better to take the Google translator. English is not my second, nor my third language.
I have understood, you mean S3PE. I have installed S3PE, but did not do much with it. Do I need any plugins, or is it sufficient to deal with the objd grid? Which fields are for?
I wanted to ask Moryrie if she could make the store cupboards shiftable.
Meanwhile Huge Lunatic has published heir version on MTS2.
About the sconces, I wanted to say this: I have game version 4.5.6
I downloaded the mod from Gelydh, but looked up before it's installed in the game. I can move the wall lamps. There is only one that does not allow. I have looked several times in the game and in my folder, every time I deleted the 4 caches. Are there any other mods for that?
Maybe I overlooked something.

Jessnova
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2010 December 10, 23:57:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I get what Heli is saying.  The Base wall lamps became shiftable after the LN patch, so you don't need a mod to get them to move. 
I took out my folder of shiftable mods I'd had installed and double checked - most all of the non-store EA wall lamps are shiftable without a mod. None of my EA Store wall lamps will budge, though.

I'm really not sure what the Gelydh wall lights do, since we could already shift most of them.  Maybe they weren't all shiftable until this most recent patch or something?  I haven't been paying that much attention to the issue until just now.
At any rate, I'm going to remove the redundant wall light replacements from my folder of shiftable mods and put the folder back in my game now.

-tastes like chikin
HugeLunatic
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2010 December 11, 00:11:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's possible Gelydh hasn't patched ALL games so the previous EP's haven't been updated to allow shifting.   Also, any mods for recategorizing, enabling any presets, disabling presets, or changing linked textures are using the old OBJD resource and so it needs to be updated to support the shifting.  
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2010 December 12, 05:36:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as updating CC (I've never tried any store items, so I don't know if they work the same or not), all I did was open the package in S3PE, clicked on the OBJD and changed "CanBeMovedUpDownOnWall" to True. Pretty straightforward, and so far it's worked fine.

Thanks for the clarification, Jessnova. I never tried shifting the lights without the mod, so I assumed it was needed (which teaches me not to make assumptions, apparently). Gelydh's shiftable mirrors one is especially useful, though now I'll have to try the game without it and see if it's needed or not.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2010 December 12, 06:19:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Last I checked, decrapify only worked on Windoze, so Mac users need someone else to decrapify for them, don't they? Spare a thought for us poor souls, with our shiny but gaming-handicapped Eggs.
Decrapify is an extremely crude program that should easily run in any emulator, like VMware.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2010 December 27, 14:05:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Dependable Little Light (lightingOutdoorFranceChateau) from WA is not enabled for moving up and down on walls, also it would not hide with walls down. EA never fixed it.  Have attached fixed resource in a package.

* lightingOutdoorFranceChateau_fix.package (1.23 KB - downloaded 738 times.)
Fizzy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Store Stuff Made Shiftable: Update 1/06
« Reply #24 on: 2011 January 28, 08:23:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi Moryrie,

This is great stuff! Thank you!

From what I understand the StoreStuffMadeShiftable.package includes all the curtains from the Store. I'm wondering if you could include a package that has everything except the curtains. The reason is, I have, and can't live without HugeLunatic's "Curtains! Stop Snapping to that Wall" and she has said in the comments that mods that make curtains shiftable will conflict. I hope you can separate them easily. Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: