More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 21:34:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  New Patch 1.18/2.13/3.9/4.6/5.4/6.1
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New Patch 1.18/2.13/3.9/4.6/5.4/6.1  (Read 70722 times)
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
Re: New Patch 1.18/2.13/3.9/4.6/5.4/6.1
« Reply #25 on: 2010 December 03, 02:48:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could just re-install WA without uninstalling the rest of the EPs like I do sometimes with HELS.

I never asked, is uninstalling a EP without uninstalling the rest of the game a Very Bad Thing?
Freezerburn
Dimwitted Dunce

I haet F-ly retarded snowflaek

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2010 December 03, 04:55:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could just re-install WA without uninstalling the rest of the EPs like I do sometimes with HELS.

I never asked, is uninstalling a EP without uninstalling the rest of the game a Very Bad Thing?

Why reinstall everything? I had problem with AMB when patching once. And that means only AMB needs to be reinstalled. Correct me if I'm wrong but IMO, I think it is best to not play the game when you have any EP uninstalled because that will bork your save game, right?

ISTJ                       
Imma Ee Ass Elle
Don't Abuse The Search Box!
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2010 December 03, 05:52:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why reinstall everything? I had problem with AMB when patching once. And that means only AMB needs to be reinstalled. Correct me if I'm wrong but IMO, I think it is best to not play the game when you have any EP uninstalled because that will bork your save game, right?

No, you can't play saved games when uninstalling an EP. You will have to start a new game, because the old games will not be accessible.

For some odd reason I have to uninstall and reinstall Ambitions with every patch, that EP never want to patch right. It is not a problem, but you do have to patch it up to the new updates. If you are able to log on to the official site, you can get the big patch for Ambitions or any other EP, to do it all at once.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
Freezerburn
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2010 December 03, 06:08:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I know that, my point is anyone should not play any save game until s/he reinstall the EP back because like you said before, the old save will be borked.

ISTJ                       
Imma Ee Ass Elle
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2010 December 03, 22:53:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, you can't play saved games when uninstalling an EP. You will have to start a new game, because the old games will not be accessible.

For some odd reason I have to uninstall and reinstall Ambitions with every patch, that EP never want to patch right. It is not a problem, but you do have to patch it up to the new updates. If you are able to log on to the official site, you can get the big patch for Ambitions or any other EP, to do it all at once.

Or you can use the patcher from MTS and in most cases get the full patch, without having to access the EAxis site.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2010 December 04, 02:31:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or you can use the patcher from MTS and in most cases get the full patch, without having to access the EAxis site.
Did it after the basegame patch re-borked my launcher.
Mage
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2010 December 05, 16:05:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could anyone share their original TS3EP03.exe and TSLHost.dll, so I can update to the latest patch, please? I use an arr'ed copy of TS3 and lost the original files :S

Thank you.
« Last Edit: 2010 December 05, 21:30:47 by Mage » Logged
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2010 December 05, 16:09:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm trying to avoid making a new thread, and my request is related to this particular patch, so is anyone willing to share their copy of Sims3Launcher.exe from World Adventures (version 2.12.8.009002)? It seems to have gone entirely missing, and I'm unable to patch without it.

It just "went missing" on its own, with no help from you?  Did it leave a note?  If it left a note, it'll probably be back in a day or two.  If the note is made of cut-up magazine letters, then it's probably a kidnapping.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
MissKitty
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2010 December 06, 13:49:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm trying to avoid making a new thread, and my request is related to this particular patch, so is anyone willing to share their copy of Sims3Launcher.exe from World Adventures (version 2.12.8.009002)? It seems to have gone entirely missing, and I'm unable to patch without it.

It just "went missing" on its own, with no help from you?  Did it leave a note?  If it left a note, it'll probably be back in a day or two.  If the note is made of cut-up magazine letters, then it's probably a kidnapping.

Actually I had the exact same problem at some point. I was doing incremental patches because those were the ones I had lying around and it was as if one of them simply decided to delete the exe file. O.o

Of course, rather than make a fuss about it, I simply reinstalled once again.
Narmy
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2010 December 06, 15:02:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could anyone share their original TS3EP03.exe and TSLHost.dll, so I can update to the latest patch, please? I use an arr'ed copy of TS3 and lost the original files :S

Thank you.
Already updated, can't help you. But this is a good lesson for you: always make a backup of the original .exe files before you apply a crack.
Mage
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2010 December 06, 16:04:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Already updated, can't help you. But this is a good lesson for you: always make a backup of the original .exe files before you apply a crack.

Yes, I was stupid. I did make a backup copy, but I think I eventually deleted it...

If anyone can help, I would really appreciate it.
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2010 December 06, 16:08:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't see those extra highrise shells anywhere. Anyone?

Did you look in buydebug? That's where I found them.
Yup, I can see two shells.

The launcher should have appeared in the pic, but it's version 6.1 anyway.
They are absolutely not there.
OmegaStarr
Dimwitted Dunce

I had a psychic once. It was incredible

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2010 December 06, 19:45:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And how THE FUCK do you know whats in my mods folder you USELESS, SHITTY LITTLE CUNT?
Or did you intentionally want to look stupid? Do you not feel embarrassed when you fuck up so bad, every single word you say reinforcing our view that you are a complete waste of flesh. That flesh could be used to make crisp packets. Or are you trying to reach a new level of retardation? Because you are flying dangerously low on my radar.
To not have a purpose, that's one thing. But if your only purpose in life is to constantly shame yourself with your appalling lack of info on a daily basis like that, well that's shocking. Take a bow for that one.

Well seeing as the shells DO show up, what other conclusion would you want anyone(Shouty Voles included) to draw? Especially since you offer no more information than "I haz pwoblem, halp me." Speshul Snowflake as you may or may not be, we do need more info, like what fucking mods you ARE using.
spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

Mugged by an iceberg! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2010 December 06, 20:02:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speshul Snowflake as you may or may not be, we do need more info, like what fucking mods you ARE using.

Today I learned that another way of sussing out Speshul Snowflakes is that they make you login to Facebook just to see their avatar pic. Even if you're not on Facebook.

TL;DR: don't host your avatar on Facebook.

AIDE to Assmitten | Ask Me How!
Freezerburn
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2010 December 07, 01:40:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speshul Snowflake as you may or may not be, we do need more info, like what fucking mods you ARE using.

Today I learned that another way of sussing out Speshul Snowflakes is that they make you login to Facebook just to see their avatar pic. Even if you're not on Facebook.

TL;DR: don't host your avatar on Facebook.

Should I add him as my friend?

ISTJ                       
Imma Ee Ass Elle
gmxGhost
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2010 December 07, 08:36:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't get this patch to work, I get a message about trying to install the wrong region patch? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

Mugged by an iceberg! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2010 December 07, 08:47:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't get this patch to work, I get a message about trying to install the wrong region patch? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here is your help:

USE MOAR SEARCHINGS.

AIDE to Assmitten | Ask Me How!
gmxGhost
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2010 December 07, 09:30:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know that I have to change the "SKU" value in the registry. However I do not have a "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SIMS\THE SIMS 3\SKU" path....if someone wants to take a screenshot of theirs I'd gladly build the registry from scratch.
Narmy
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2010 December 07, 10:07:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why do you think there are five versions of the patch? Just think about that for a moment.
Daimon
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2010 December 07, 12:24:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suck, and I realise it after reading this post and various others that searches brought up. Anyway, I didn't backup my TSLhost.dll file before patching and now I am stuck and stupid. Anyone feel like sharing so I can be stupid but less stuck?

Edit a few hours later:
I am stupid but I am also stubborn. This site has all the exes and tslhost files for all previous patches and packs: http://tehparadox.com/forum/f43/sims-3-all-expansions-stuff-packs-original-files-1473036/ -- hopes this helps anyone else. Me, I'm preening my google fu and feeling kind of fuzzywarm inside now. I'm also making backups.
« Last Edit: 2010 December 07, 14:23:06 by Daimon » Logged
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2010 December 07, 14:16:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suck, and I realise it after reading this post and various others that searches brought up. Anyway, I didn't backup my TSLhost.dll file before patching and now I am stuck and stupid. Anyone feel like sharing so I can be stupid but less stuck?

I think you should use this as a valuable Learning Opportunity while reinstalling your game.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2010 December 08, 06:57:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So any huge, gamebreaking issues with this patch? I haven't noticed any new screwups yet and my game lockups seem to have stopped.
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2010 December 08, 07:09:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sim used to just run to the gym in Bridgeport because it was right across the street from his apartment.  Now he insists on using the subway terminal on the apartment lot to get to the subway terminal across the street on the other side of the gym.  This is very annoying.

ETA:  On the other hand, my toilet hasn't broken 20 times in one week.  So I guess this is some improvement.
« Last Edit: 2010 December 08, 07:31:07 by Dark Trepie » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2010 December 08, 09:37:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it just me, or has anyone noticed that vampires are no longer are centered on the vampire altars?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ascarrott
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2010 December 08, 09:52:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it just me, or has anyone noticed that vampires are no longer are centered on the vampire altars?
Yep I saw that last time I played.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: