More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 13:05:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Newly-placed lights won't light up.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Newly-placed lights won't light up.  (Read 4289 times)
eaglezero
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Newly-placed lights won't light up.
« on: 2010 November 29, 03:20:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I first build a house, all the lights I place work. If I go back later to add more lights, for reasons such as 1. I forgot some lights, 2. I have more money to get BETTER lights, or 3. I built more house, the new lights don't turn on. The sim THINKS they are on, because they don't have the "It's dark!" moodlet, but I can clearly see that they are not, from the fact that there is no light. All the old lights turn off and on like normal, but the new lights don't. They have the option to "turn off," so I can see that the game thinks they're on, but they're not lighting up, which I would like so that I can, you know, see things in my sim's dark house.

I have TS3/WA/AMB, fully updated, and am running with AM, store content, and a few scattered pieces of CC, most of which are houses. I searched the forum but couldn't find anything on a similar problem, just the problem where lights don't bleed over to other stories/lots correctly.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on and/or how to fix it? Has anyone else experienced this problem?

"If at first you don't succeed, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it."
- WC Fields
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
Re: Newly-placed lights won't light up.
« Reply #1 on: 2010 November 29, 03:35:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try loading a different lot, then go back.  If you quit the game and restart they usually work fine.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2010 November 29, 04:43:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ctrl-shift click on the lights and change the color to white (even if they are already white). If that does not work, ctrl-shift click and turn it off, then turn it back on. Repeat these things until they light up.
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 November 29, 17:08:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find toggling black lights on for the entire lot and then toggling them off fixes this too.
Narmy
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 December 01, 23:31:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ctrl-shift click on the lights and change the color to white (even if they are already white). If that does not work, ctrl-shift click and turn it off, then turn it back on. Repeat these things until they light up.
You don't need to ctrl-shift click it. Just click > set color > white > all lights.

I have that bug too sometimes, and changing the color fixes it.
Narmy
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 December 01, 23:53:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You must ctrl-shift-click in buy/build mode, though.
Ah, ok. I do it in Live mode, didn't know there was any other way.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: