More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 19, 08:15:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6510 Members
Latest Member: TGTams
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AM is Borking Vampires.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AM is Borking Vampires.  (Read 32478 times)
Chaavik
Dimwitted Dunce

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
Re: AM is Borking Vampires.
« Reply #25 on: 2010 November 29, 12:28:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or have Grand Vampires go on a biting rampage to turn half of the customers on a community lot into vampires before dawn.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2010 November 29, 13:49:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, that part was stupid and we got rid of it with Awesomeware. Besides, that sort of happens anyway...only now, the sims turning into vampires never get bitten by anything at all, they just suddenly turn into vampires like it's some sort of strange, contagious disease.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Chaavik
Dimwitted Dunce

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2010 November 29, 15:18:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can there be zombies in TS3? I want them to run around wreaking havoc on the poor unsuspecting Sims AND vampires? I miss Zombie Apocalypse.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Soggy Fox
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2010 November 29, 18:04:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The whole bursting into flames thing isn't mythical, so I have no problem with them just being weak and miserable in sunlight.....  But sparkles >.> *shudders* Ick
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2010 November 29, 23:06:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was fully prepared to go on a blood sucking rampage until I found out you have to get friendly with the victim and then ask them if you can bite them.  A bear doesn't ask you if it can eat you before it eats you.
sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2010 November 30, 00:15:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was fully prepared to go on a blood sucking rampage until I found out you have to get friendly with the victim and then ask them if you can bite them.  A bear doesn't ask you if it can eat you before it eats you.

EXACTLY!  They ought to at least be able to bite/drink from whatever random stranger they encounter in order to survive...

But considering that I played one of them for only a couple days and he managed make something like 6 or 7 vampire babies, that particular instance of Bridgeport is pretty much vampire central now. I haven't been playing that fambly for a while now...just don't want to deal.

I kinda miss the 'bleh'...it was stupid in a Mel Brooks kind of stupidly funny way...or maybe that's just me?

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2010 November 30, 02:33:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quite so.  I was hoping you'd get on with it, myself.  Dark Trepie is the only vampire in my Twinbrooks hood, and he does nothing except work and collapse on the floor.  No vampires populate the vampire lounge, and certainly nobody is drinking anyone else (at least not in the vampire way, to my knowledge).  Perhaps if I have Dark Trepie buy the vampire lounge, it would at least lend some credence to the name.

Tribulatio proxima est
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2010 November 30, 04:57:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

and he does nothing except work and collapse on the floor.

This appears to be a problem with everyone.  It's frighteningly common for me to switch to another household and find everyone passed out in a puddle of their own pee and starving.  There's a couple in my current Bridgeport stuck in an eternal "Tour City Hall" with "Expire" in their queue.
spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

Mugged by an iceberg! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2010 November 30, 06:04:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a couple in my current Bridgeport stuck in an eternal "Tour City Hall" with "Expire" in their queue.

Have you ever actually toured City Hall? I mean the real one in your own town? That's a feature, not a bug.

AIDE to Assmitten | Ask Me How!
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2010 November 30, 06:34:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a couple in my current Bridgeport stuck in an eternal "Tour City Hall" with "Expire" in their queue.

Have you ever actually toured City Hall? I mean the real one in your own town? That's a feature, not a bug.

I'm touring it now, even as we speak.  Please send food.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Mekare
Asinine Airhead

I loveded piggy.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2010 December 02, 05:18:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hate both twilight and true blood.. if it weren't obvious by my name, I'm an Anne Rice vampire fan.  I prefer the old pile of dust as soon as they hit the sun vampires, where only the ancients who are over 1,000 years old can tolerate it.  So yea.. i pretty much hate everything about the Late Night Vamps, lol.  It gave me something to do though.. I went and downloaded some weapons from MTS and went on a shooting spree, cleansing Bridgeport of all the fairy vampires (aside from the mixologists for plasma that keep respawning.. I may have to burn that building down to completely eradicate them). 

All is right in the world! ^_^

☑ Saddam Hussein
☑ Osama Bin Laden
☐ Justin Bieber
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2010 December 02, 05:55:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only thing impressive about Anne Rice's vamps is that she managed to take her head out of her ass long enough to write umpteen novels about her beloved Mary Sue, Lestat.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Mekare
Asinine Airhead

I loveded piggy.

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2010 December 02, 06:02:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not true! She said sometime before, maybe multiple times, that Lestat was based on herself... or her alter ego. Therefor she was writing umpteen novels about herself. =)

Either way, i'm a fan of the books, not the lady. Head up her ass or not, the woman is a great storyteller.

☑ Saddam Hussein
☑ Osama Bin Laden
☐ Justin Bieber
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2010 December 02, 06:06:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not true! She said sometime before, maybe multiple times, that Lestat was based on herself... or her alter ego. Therefor she was writing umpteen novels about herself. =)

You haven't the slightest clue what the term "Mary Sue" means, do you?

Mekare
Asinine Airhead

I loveded piggy.

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2010 December 02, 07:04:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I don't.. ^^

ETA: ok, looked it up.. now I do! Tongue

Though I did like Lestat..

☑ Saddam Hussein
☑ Osama Bin Laden
☐ Justin Bieber
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: 2010 December 02, 07:12:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lestat is a whiney emo. The only book he's good in is the first one, and that's before you know he's a whiney emo, because you think he's a psychopath instead.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
MissKitty
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2010 December 02, 10:45:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I don't.. ^^

ETA: ok, looked it up.. now I do! Tongue

Though I did like Lestat..

Some people do like to read about other people's Mary Sues, which is why it's still feasible to churn them out. Heck, some Mary Sues can even be enjoyable to those of us who don't normally like Sues, if they are done particularly well or at the very least are doing interesting things. I don't recall Lestat really fitting either criteria (at least after the first book).

But I admit that I also liked Lestat / Anne Rice as a 12. And I also have an internet handle (in other places, didn't dare use it here Tongue) that stuck because of it. Fortunately, I eventually grew out of it.
Charity
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2010 December 02, 13:08:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Urge to buy Late Night decreasing. DX

I loathe breeding vampires. They're undead ffs, they can't have babies.

And aren't they more likely to bite someone expendable who they don't know than bite a friend and risk killing them?
MissKitty
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2010 December 02, 13:20:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Urge to buy Late Night decreasing. DX

I loathe breeding vampires. They're undead ffs, they can't have babies.

So funny how the babymaking is always what people get hung up about. Why shouldn't they be able to breed when they can walk, talk, and do all kinds of other crap? Infertility seems a bit too convenient and is far too often used as a cheap source of wangsting, because omg you can't be happy without ze babbys. I'd rather see a vampire wangst about how annoying it is to use rubber for hundreds of years because they don't want babbys and STDs still itch, and how that time with the syphilis was especially bad.

Ramble aside, there are other things to LN than the vampires. Like, empty clubs, for instance. And boring bands that don't really get any gigs. >_>

Stuff is borked, but I still kind of like it. I must be a glutton for punishment. Or maybe I just have too much faith that Awesomemod will eventually fix everything.
Drowelvenmaiden
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2010 December 02, 17:05:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[/quote] I kinda miss the 'bleh'...it was stupid in a Mel Brooks kind of stupidly funny way...or maybe that's just me?
[/quote]

I feel the same way.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2010 December 03, 15:27:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Empty clubs should be somewhat reduced with the removal of the DDoS factor where club visitor slots were being DDoSed with randomly selected visitors who are not actually allowed in the club.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: