More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 19:53:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Trying to Kick Sim Out and Game Will Not Save
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Trying to Kick Sim Out and Game Will Not Save  (Read 5767 times)
daisylee
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Trying to Kick Sim Out and Game Will Not Save
« on: 2010 November 16, 18:11:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am playing a non-Bridgeport hood for the first time since Late Night. The game loads well, plays well, saves promptly when playing the household, and it saves well from edit town generally.

I have tried to kick a sim out 3 times and the game will not save/process it. I also tried to split the household from edit town, and it would not process/save. I have had to use task manger to close the game. I let the game try to save/process for over 15 minutes with the last try.

Is anyone else haviing slow or incomplete saves? I am not getting errors, just neverending saves/processes.

All ideas to solve this will be appreciated.
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Re: Trying to Kick Sim Out and Game Will Not Save
« Reply #1 on: 2010 November 16, 18:29:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If its not actually kicking that particular family/sim out, you may have to do it a sneaky way. This has happened to me once or twice over like 18 months, and once the sims are ejected, everythings back to normal.

Doing it the sneaky way: Well I'm pretty sure AM gets round this somehow, but I don't know any particular code that does it. So the other options would be 'Move out' on the computer (or NRaas 'transfer sim to household'), or befriend a sim, move in with them, then try evicting.
daisylee
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 November 16, 18:52:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have tried both the move and kick out from the phone and computer and the split household in edit town. Nothing is working. I think I will try the NRaas option next.

Shall let you know if it works. It worked in the past with no problem when doing these things, but now, due to Late Night or not, it is bugged.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 November 16, 22:38:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No problems here.  I have booted sims out in Riverview and they have moved out and I have been able to save without any problems.

You haven't elaborated much about the game you're playing, is it an old save, or a new game?  is it a premade family you're splitting up or a custom family you made or downloaded?  which hood is it in?

If it is an Eaxis hood and an EAxis premade family, with enough details, other people could go and check it out and see if it is maybe a borked hood or family, or something specific to you.

A few more details might make it easier to help, but so far I have not had that problem, although I have only been playing Riverview since LN came out.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
daisylee
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 November 17, 19:22:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am playing my legacy family which is on generation 13, which I have just moved to a new custom hood that I made. I just built a new house for the family there. I have moved them from SV to an earlier version of it in the past with no problems. I keep forgetting in these moves that the paintings and spirits do not move with the rest of their stuff. So before, I had a sim get those things from the old place, move in, then kick that sim out. Now I cannot remove the sim from the household.

I have been able  to kick out, move, or split households in the past, but for some reason the game does not want to do it now.
« Last Edit: 2010 November 17, 19:28:48 by daisylee » Logged
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 November 17, 21:59:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

13th generation, custom hood, moving between hoods, sounds like the family may be borked.  That would be my guess.  It does seem that the longer the games go for, and the more you move them, the more likely things are to bork.

I take it you have tried the usual restsim, fixall, resetworld, etc.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 November 17, 22:13:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could you do me a favour and check how this family's fridge is behaving? Because I also had one family in Twinbrook that could not be moved and their fridge was totally messed up. Nothing could be dragged into it and you could only put something in or take something out via the "Open" menu. Also, as soon as I did this, the fridge remained highlighted and the inventory window lacked the fridge's thumbnail. Replacing the fridge did nothing, as any new fridge behaved the same, and none of the reset commands had any effect. The only way to get the family out of that house was to merge individual members with other families via Edit Town but I could not remerge them afterwards nevertheless.
daisylee
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 November 18, 00:08:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I went ahead and nuked the 2 sims with force kill with the Twallan Master Controlller. I did check the fridge and it seems fine. It is one the family has had for at least 10 of the generations, a reward one from the culinary career.
AlexanderMorgan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 November 18, 14:27:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When you try to split the household and when the little message box saying 'Processing' pops up, is the background blurred or still focused? While that same message box saying 'Processing' stays there can you scroll around the neighborhood by moving your mouse to the edges of your screen? And lastly, does this happen with all the families in your neighborhood when you move/split them either through the Edit Town or the Move option on the phone, or does it happen with one or several particular households?
daisylee
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 November 19, 07:57:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I honestly do not recall what the game did, but think I could do nothing as I had to use task manager to exit. I have not tried to split another family in the hood. I can try that when I play next time. I also should try it in another hood. I just was so glad to be rid of them that I spent time playing rather than testing.

I will try to remember to do some tests next time in the game.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 November 21, 00:50:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the entire EAxis move-out system is basically borked, because, really, WTF is it processing? Splitting and moving households is a REALLY simple, fast operation, and there is NO good reason why it should spin in processing indefinitely. The entire thing is basically borked and needs rewrite.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
daisylee
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 November 21, 00:52:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They must have screwed it up with LN or the patch? It was fine before when I used it, but is now a disaster.
Smurfmuffin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 November 28, 02:57:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had a plethora of issues with the whole moving/kicking/merging/splitting of households. Strangely, my problem manifest itself by crashing to desktop, most often. In a positive light, if I tried enough times, the same action over and over, eventually whatever I was trying to accomplish would complete. It just took doing it over and over, which brought me to wonder if it was some sort of memory issue or similar, and not actually a neighborhood issue. The way mine acts, it reminds me a bit like the error code 12 issue where, if you try enough times, you may get lucky and not have to quit your current game without saving one last time. Then again, I've tried 10-15 times on certain saves and it hasn't worked.  I did notice something about error code 12, though. The more I deal with clothing, buy objects and especially patterns, the faster error code 12 manifests itself. When I had a Sim who was in the Stylist profession, I was constantly getting that error. I started just opening and then closing the menu (with Awesomemod's option for marking the action as complete without having to change anything) unless I was dying to make some sort of change. That allowed me to make it last much longer. Eventually, though, after any length of time playing, the error pops up. So, without any real technical knowledge about it, it feels like it is connected to having a lot of textures cached, or something similar. A large amount of object/clothing mods may exacerbate the issue as well. I don't recall having it quite so often in the beginning.

Sounds like your issues are a bit different, but not in the sense that it has been a bit of a hassle dealing with this borked system.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: