More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 19:45:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Vampires
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Vampires  (Read 54772 times)
bloodredtoe
Corpulent Cretin

Less awesome than some of you

View Profile
Re: Vampires
« Reply #75 on: 2010 November 04, 10:37:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What color are your vamps eyes turning? I've seen pics of red eyes but all I seem to get are a translucent blue/grey color.
It depends on the original color. Their eyes become somewhat brighter version of what they originally were.

Growing plasma fruit like any other vegetable isn't "free", it does require a certain amount of work.  And since I'm trying to grow a huge batch of them to make Vampire Nectar out of - I want Perfect quality fruits, which you can't get at the Grocery.  It's a huge pain in the neck, in a non-vampire sort of way.
I was referring to the "raid store for plasma fruit" option. It is free because you don't pay for the stolen fruit. Of course they're not perfect quality, but neither are free handouts, so what are we talking about?
« Last Edit: 2010 November 04, 10:42:42 by bloodredtoe » Logged
anberu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2010 November 04, 21:11:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At bars, vampires have their own selection of blood-named drinks... which don't refill the thirst bar. Considering a vampire's diet is primarily liquid, it seems like the bar drinks should work like the plasma juice boxes.
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: 2010 November 05, 23:24:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While I expected Vamp sims to not show in the mirror, I was mostly disappointed to find my elder didn't get the 5x age boost that my YA got.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2010 November 05, 23:53:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does that apply even if you are using the latest Rule of 6 version?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: 2010 November 06, 01:59:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does that apply even if you are using the latest Rule of 6 version?

Yes. YA end up with 5x age length, I assume Adults do too. It now shows like a 1000 days in Epic for YA . However, the Elders still show a end date of 900. My current Elder Vamp is at 902 days, so either she could go any day, or if it does apply, but is a hidden bonus, she will die sometime after Christmas.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2010 November 06, 02:02:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Elder vampires probably display funny because elders don't actually have an end of stage length.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: 2010 November 06, 02:20:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Elder vampires probably display funny because elders don't actually have an end of stage length.

Well if my Elder is still alive a month from now, then we know there is an extended termination date. The XML says vampires are multiplied by 5, but with no actual termination date, only a percentage chance of death, it's a bit hard to say.

Viscount
immortelleMuse
Blathering Buffoon

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2010 November 07, 04:03:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there any real purpose to having your vampire Sim sleep on the "Vampiric Sanctum"? Awesomemod shows that there's no additional benefit, but I'm just curious as to why they put a special vampire bed in the game that doesn't even give them the "slept like the dead" moodlet (as from beds which have the "well rested" moodlet) other than it looks "cool." I mean, shouldn't it at least serve a more practical purpose too? Shouldn't speshul bed be extra speshul for the limited amount of Sims that can use it? /rant

No matter how old you are, no matter how badass you think you are, if a toddler hands you their ringing toy phone-- you answer it.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2010 November 07, 04:11:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It gives 30 EPH, which makes it higher-class than every other bed.

Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: 2010 November 07, 04:21:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It makes more sense that the vamp beds should give the moodlet rather than normal beds. I bet that they simply got it the wrong way around.

marchviolets
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2010 November 08, 13:10:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One change that would immensely improve vampires imo would be to change the word "plasma" to "blood" in all vampire related instances.  The only place I know of where this would look stupid is "blood juice box" but then again "plasma juice box" already looks pretty stupid.

Would I be correct in recalling that the juice box straws are red (implying that the content of the carton is red)? It bothers me that the plasma fruit and juice boxes are red when plasma is the part of blood that is not red. Blood plasma is straw coloured, clear fluid. I would personally prefer that vampires drink blood in its complete form - red blood cells included! To me, the term "blood juice box" would make more sense.

Also, why would a vampire raid a hospital for plasma and not blood (complete with red blood cells!) when they are happy to drink blood from other sims?
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2010 November 08, 15:30:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One change that would immensely improve vampires imo would be to change the word "plasma" to "blood" in all vampire related instances.  The only place I know of where this would look stupid is "blood juice box" but then again "plasma juice box" already looks pretty stupid.

Would I be correct in recalling that the juice box straws are red (implying that the content of the carton is red)? It bothers me that the plasma fruit and juice boxes are red when plasma is the part of blood that is not red. Blood plasma is straw coloured, clear fluid. I would personally prefer that vampires drink blood in its complete form - red blood cells included! To me, the term "blood juice box" would make more sense.

Also, why would a vampire raid a hospital for plasma and not blood (complete with red blood cells!) when they are happy to drink blood from other sims?

Because EA is trying to keep from "offending" anyone or being too traumatic for 6s and early 12s by using the b-word.  I don't usually download nitpicking mods, but that's one thing that is annoying enough for me to consider it.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2010 November 09, 07:25:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=plasma
plasma  
1712, "form, shape" (earlier plasm, 1620), from L.L. plasma, from Gk. plasma "something molded or created," from plassein "to mold," originally "to spread thin," from PIE *plath-yein, from base *pele- "flat, to spread" (see plane (1)). Sense of "liquid part of blood" is from 1845; that of "ionized gas" is 1928.

Although I have to admit that EA probably did mean it as an alternative to 'ze b vord' only and has no concept of its etymology.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
marchviolets
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2010 November 09, 20:38:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=plasma
plasma 
1712, "form, shape" (earlier plasm, 1620), from L.L. plasma, from Gk. plasma "something molded or created," from plassein "to mold," originally "to spread thin," from PIE *plath-yein, from base *pele- "flat, to spread" (see plane (1)). Sense of "liquid part of blood" is from 1845; that of "ionized gas" is 1928.

Although I have to admit that EA probably did mean it as an alternative to 'ze b vord' only and has no concept of its etymology.

It says in your above quote "liquid part of blood". That is the reason I am having a problem with the word's use in game. The blood/'plasma' in game is red. Plasma is not red, it is clear/yellow liquid. I'm not sure how the etymology of the word would do anything to correct this?

Because EA is trying to keep from "offending" anyone or being too traumatic for 6s and early 12s by using the b-word.  I don't usually download nitpicking mods, but that's one thing that is annoying enough for me to consider it.

I agree that it is for the sake of not "offending" anyone, but like you, I do find it particularly annoying.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2010 November 11, 01:44:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because it clearly states that the usage of the word as a part of blood is relatively modern and the base meaning is that of a mobile/maleable thing or something which spreads out into flatness, for which any liquid might fulfill the definition.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2010 November 11, 03:03:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While I expected Vamp sims to not show in the mirror
Yours DON'T show in the mirror? Because a brief test indicated that apparently the Lala could see herself in the mirror still. You sure that works in LN?

Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: 2010 November 11, 03:56:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While I expected Vamp sims to not show in the mirror
Yours DON'T show in the mirror? Because a brief test indicated that apparently the Lala could see herself in the mirror still. You sure that works in LN?

I expected them to NOT show, but was disappointed to see they do. I just had amusing thoughts of sims being depressed over not being able to see themselves in the mirror when directed to do so.

Narmy
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2010 November 11, 03:56:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't play vampires because of how ridiculously easy it is to gain skills, especially for children and teens.

Plus, free food... unless there are meals you can cook with plasma fruit? It's kinda stupid that they give vampires a fruit, of all things, since gardening is usually done during the day....
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2010 November 11, 04:07:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I expected them to NOT show, but was disappointed to see they do. I just had amusing thoughts of sims being depressed over not being able to see themselves in the mirror when directed to do so.
Yes, that's one of the running gags of Awesomeland, that the Lala cannot see herself in the mirror. The hilarity of Snob sims being denied their "I Am Beautiful" moodlet because they cannot see themselves in the mirror.

marchviolets
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2010 November 11, 06:24:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because it clearly states that the usage of the word as a part of blood is relatively modern and the base meaning is that of a mobile/maleable thing or something which spreads out into flatness, for which any liquid might fulfill the definition.

Would I be correct in reading the dates on the etymology quote as being when the particular usage of the word started to appear? 1845 might be "relatively modern" and the word "plasma" still has a variety of uses, but today the word "plasma" does have a specific meaning if you are already on the topic of blood. I think that if they were searching for a word with which any liquid could be referred to, they should have used something more suitable. 

Today it is basic 'common knowledge' (I don't like that phrase but I can't think of another one) that plasma is the part of blood that does not include red blood cells. I say "common knowledge" in the sense that it is taught to young kids and teenagers at school (at least it is where I live) - the people that EA is trying to keep from offending?

To me, even if EA had been aware of the information you've shared, it wouldn't change my feeling that the above decision just doesn't make sense.   

jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2010 November 11, 15:04:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Today it is basic 'common knowledge' (I don't like that phrase but I can't think of another one) that plasma is the part of blood that does not include red blood cells.

Unless, of course, you are the Vole.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2010 November 11, 15:43:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't play vampires because of how ridiculously easy it is to gain skills, especially for children and teens.
You know, technically, there isn't supposed to BE a skill bonus for 6 and 12s. However, my examinations into various issues, like why the Thirst motive always resets to max everytime you reload the game, uncovered a steaming cesspool of bork lurking in the skill system, which results in runaway accumulators that can produce crazyfast learning speeds, or make it impossible to skill at all.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: