More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 08:55:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Late Night bugs & annoyances
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Late Night bugs & annoyances  (Read 259007 times)
Fishiemew
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Late Night bugs & annoyances
« Reply #450 on: 2011 January 13, 15:05:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uhm, but I want mods in the game..

Shouldn't I just download a new version of the Monkey thing? Or do you mean that I should delete the whole folder, start the game once, and then put the files back?
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #451 on: 2011 January 13, 15:11:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is no "new" version of Helper Monkey.  That's what "obsolete" means.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #452 on: 2011 January 13, 15:14:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try this thread here, http://moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,17454.msg540991.html#msg540991.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #453 on: 2011 January 14, 02:50:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But shouldn't that make all my downloads stop working? Because all of them are working, even the once I have deleted..

The installer monkey had nothing to do with whether mods worked or not.  All it did was create a framework for installing of said mods, create a monkey icon for .package files, and copy said .package files into an appropriate folder within the framework.  The installer was created to help simple people who were too stupid to make some folders and copy/paste mods into said folders on their own.

The new method is simpler and easier for all to use, something EAxis should have done right from the start.

The old method still works just fine, but you need to know what to do to keep it working when new EP/SPs come out.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Fishiemew
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #454 on: 2011 January 17, 16:21:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Err, I followed all the steps from the thread someone linked. Now I can't start the game. Instead, I'm getting error code 0x0175dcbb whenever I'm trying to start it. I assumed it might be because Nraas no cd crack doesn't work properly, as it is in the mod folder. (Maybe all my mods stopped working.)

I tried to put the d3dx9_31.dll file back into the bin folders, in case the problem might've come from when I removed 'em. Didn't work tho. Sad I tried to google the error code, someone said that the only thing to do is to reinstall the whole darn game. Someone else said that fixing the SKU thing is the solution. Trouble is that I can't seem to find the SKU thing in regedit, when I'm looking for the path that the googled thread was telling me about. It seems weird to me that the SKU numbers should have randomly changed just because of some tinkering with the mods/packages folders.

Is there anything I can do? What have I done wrong? Sad I don't want to freaking reinstall the darn thing AGAIN! It feels like I'm spending more time having trouble with bugs and reinstalling/patching/trying to fix the game, than actually playing..
Jeebus
Nitwitted Nuisance

MATY's Lord and Savior

View Profile
« Reply #455 on: 2011 January 17, 16:28:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Err, I followed all the steps from the thread someone linked. Now I can't start the game. Instead, I'm getting error code 0x0175dcbb whenever I'm trying to start it. I assumed it might be because Nraas no cd crack doesn't work properly, as it is in the mod folder. (Maybe all my mods stopped working.)

I tried to put the d3dx9_31.dll file back into the bin folders, in case the problem might've come from when I removed 'em. Didn't work tho. Sad I tried to google the error code, someone said that the only thing to do is to reinstall the whole darn game. Someone else said that fixing the SKU thing is the solution. Trouble is that I can't seem to find the SKU thing in regedit, when I'm looking for the path that the googled thread was telling me about. It seems weird to me that the SKU numbers should have randomly changed just because of some tinkering with the mods/packages folders.

Is there anything I can do? What have I done wrong? Sad I don't want to freaking reinstall the darn thing AGAIN! It feels like I'm spending more time having trouble with bugs and reinstalling/patching/trying to fix the game, than actually playing..
It looks like you're installing the framework in the old, pre-Ambitions way.  Follow the second set of instructions in the thread in the AM forum.  It's not that hard.

"Terminate the erroneous data" is an awesome euphemism for an abortion.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #456 on: 2011 January 17, 16:40:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I assumed it might be because Nraas no cd crack doesn't work properly

It's not that, you're doing it wrong.

Well, once you learn how to follow instructions you'll have moar time to play the game.

Fishiemew
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #457 on: 2011 January 17, 17:58:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uh, but I followed the instructions from the second post?

I removed all my downloads, the .dll file and resourcefiles. Then I made a new map for all my packages and downloaded the new resourcefile in the post, and put it in my mods folder. Tried to start the game, but got the 0x0175dcbb error. Tried to put back the .dll file in case that was the problem, and it didn't work.

Wasn't that what the post told me to do?
SlickCee
Asinine Airhead

~Rainbows, butterflies, & happiness~

View Profile
« Reply #458 on: 2011 January 17, 19:40:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I have come across two errors ever since I installed Night Life Late Night (I keep calling this game Night Life without even noticing it  Cheesy).

1. For one, it is extremely difficult to make my Sim happy. She may have a bunch of positive moodlets, such as great sleep, nicely decorated, clean clothing, having a blast, sometimes even all at once, and yet her mood is very red making her "miserable". I might have one or no negative moodlets at all but her mood still plummets. Now her job performance would not go up, she does not want to clean, and neither would she practice her skills.

I went to the official BBS and there were other people having the same problem. Some suggested that it was due to the patch and that it is the cheap beds that are triggering this. But, I tried buying more expensive beds (They are in the $1000 range) and my Sims's mood is STILL very red.

2. Second, we have our dear old friend "Error Code 12." I originally made my entire game vanilla by restarting my user files because this was a big problem in my old game. I can play for fifteen minutes, attempt to save, and this message would show up instead. Then, it began to crash randomly. So I decided to start fresh.

After becoming frustrated with problem number 1, I tried to save and exit and I got the error. However, when I clicked Save As instead it did save successfully - something that would not have worked in my old game.

My first issue is not as horrible compared to the error code. I try to save to avoid the crashes in the first place and I can't even do that  Roll Eyes. As I mentioned before, both of these occured even in my completely vanilla game. Here are my specs:

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.100618-1621)
System Manufacturer: HP-Pavilion
System Model: KC836AV-ABA d4999t
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU    Q6600  @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
Memory: 3072MB RAM
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM v1.1)
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce 8800 GT
Display Memory: 1779 MB
Dedicated Memory: 499 MB
Jeebus
Nitwitted Nuisance

MATY's Lord and Savior

View Profile
« Reply #459 on: 2011 January 17, 19:50:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as I know, Error Code 12 is caused by insufficient RAM.  The game apparently uses a lot more of it while saving.  If you had 8 gigs like me, you wouldn't have this problem (ePeen waving, I know).  You've got stellar specs on your machine; I'm really quite surprised you haven't got more RAM.  As for issue #1, try getting an even more expensive bed costing at least $2800.  The cheaper ones are still considered Kewian-based.
« Last Edit: 2011 January 17, 19:56:30 by jeebuschrist » Logged

spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

Mugged by an iceberg! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

View Profile
« Reply #460 on: 2011 January 17, 19:53:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as I know, Error Code 12 is caused by insufficiently RAM.  The game apparently uses a lot more of it while saving.  If you had 8 gigs like me, you wouldn't have this problem (ePeen waving, I know).  You've got stellar specs on your machine; I'm really quite surprised you haven't got more RAM.  As for issue #1, try getting an even more expensive bed costing at least $2800.  The cheaper ones are still considered Kewian-based.

3 GB of RAM should be sufficient for the Puddings Funtime With Vampires Edition, though.

AIDE to Assmitten | Ask Me How!
backsimming
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #461 on: 2011 January 17, 21:08:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1. For one, it is extremely difficult to make my Sim happy. She may have a bunch of positive moodlets, such as great sleep, nicely decorated, clean clothing, having a blast, sometimes even all at once, and yet her mood is very red making her "miserable". I might have one or no negative moodlets at all but her mood still plummets. Now her job performance would not go up, she does not want to clean, and neither would she practice her skills.

Hopefully my first post will be a helpful one.

I have found, through t/e, that any hairs by Peggy have this effect of some of my sims.  I have only used the ones converted by Anubis that I got from MTS, but every time I add 1 to my mods folder, at least 1 usually happy, fulfilled sim's mood plummets into red and nothing raises it.  It doesn't effect every sim on the lot and I'm not enamored of any of those hairs to try and figured out why it is happening.  I just pull them and all my sims go back to normal.  

Check and see if you have any of these hair packages and get rid of them ASAP>

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.
SlickCee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #462 on: 2011 January 17, 21:34:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the replies everyone.

As far as I know, Error Code 12 is caused by insufficient RAM.  The game apparently uses a lot more of it while saving.  If you had 8 gigs like me, you wouldn't have this problem (ePeen waving, I know).  You've got stellar specs on your machine; I'm really quite surprised you haven't got more RAM.  As for issue #1, try getting an even more expensive bed costing at least $2800.  The cheaper ones are still considered Kewian-based.

Yeah, I read about the RAM issue when I googled it. But surely 3GB would be enough, right? I mean, according to MTS2, I only need 2GB to have a comfortable gaming experience. The thing with buying more RAM is that it would also require that I buy Windows 7 64-bit as well as something to back up all my files to when I make the switch. I'm planning on upgrading my memory but its not going to be anytime soon, that's for sure.

I'll try to get the ridiculously expensive beds the next time I open up the game. I would have to use cheats but its completely warranted in this case.

Hopefully my first post will be a helpful one.

I have found, through t/e, that any hairs by Peggy have this effect of some of my sims.  I have only used the ones converted by Anubis that I got from MTS, but every time I add 1 to my mods folder, at least 1 usually happy, fulfilled sim's mood plummets into red and nothing raises it.  It doesn't effect every sim on the lot and I'm not enamored of any of those hairs to try and figured out why it is happening.  I just pull them and all my sims go back to normal. 

Check and see if you have any of these hair packages and get rid of them ASAP>

Well, I was playing a completely vanilla game so the hair packages were definitely not the problem.
Jeebus
Nitwitted Nuisance

MATY's Lord and Savior

View Profile
« Reply #463 on: 2011 January 17, 21:55:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as I know, Error Code 12 is caused by insufficient RAM.  The game apparently uses a lot more of it while saving.  If you had 8 gigs like me, you wouldn't have this problem (ePeen waving, I know).  You've got stellar specs on your machine; I'm really quite surprised you haven't got more RAM.  As for issue #1, try getting an even more expensive bed costing at least $2800.  The cheaper ones are still considered Kewian-based.

Yeah, I read about the RAM issue when I googled it. But surely 3GB would be enough, right? I mean, according to MTS2, I only need 2GB to have a comfortable gaming experience. The thing with buying more RAM is that it would also require that I buy Windows 7 64-bit as well as something to back up all my files to when I make the switch. I'm planning on upgrading my memory but its not going to be anytime soon, that's for sure.

I'll try to get the ridiculously expensive beds the next time I open up the game. I would have to use cheats but its completely warranted in this case.
On XP, 2 gigs is enough.  On W7, you do need at least 3, which you have.  If Error 12 isn't too much of a problem for you, you shouldn't worry too much about getting additional RAM.

wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #464 on: 2011 January 17, 21:58:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That really depends on what else is running in your system and eating up RAM.  With 3 GB you're going to lose a fair bit in just the OS operations, then if you're running an anti-virus, that eats some more, plus the myriad of other stuff that gets loaded and runs in the background everytime you start the computer.  Some of these background tasks are not necessary to have start everytime, but they automatically set that way with the installer.  By not having them running usually just means that particular program may take a couple of extra seconds to open when you go to launch it.

I have 12 GB RAM installed and the little monitor that is running is showing current usage at a little under 3GB RAM, give or take a little bit as it fluctuates, and depending on how accurate it is.  That is without TS3 running, with the game running I have seen it jump to over 4 GB, even nudge 5 GB usage at times.  I am running Windows 7 64-Bit Professional edition, and if I go and kill some background tasks and alter the start-up menu, I can get the regular usage down to 2.5 GB or lower, something I need to do after updating some programs which have reset their background tasks to start everytime again.

It might be beneficial to shut down as many background tasks as possible when playing, if you're disconnected from the internet, you can shut down any anti-virus program that is running.

If you are going to make bullets, such as putting 1. at the start of a sentence/paragraph, it is rather ridiculous to then write "For one" next to it, we already know it is point 1 because you put the number there.  Try searching a little, this problem has been discussed at length elsewhere with a number of possible problems.  I don't remember what was ultimately discussed as I don't have that problem so didn't pay that much attention, but it is there somewhere and might be more helpful.

Well, I was playing a completely vanilla game so the hair packages were definitely not the problem.

Just to check, did you remove ALL of your mods and CC when you tried a vanilla game or did you leave some behind?

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
SlickCee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #465 on: 2011 January 17, 22:39:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you are going to make bullets, such as putting 1. at the start of a sentence/paragraph, it is rather ridiculous to then write "For one" next to it, we already know it is point 1 because you put the number there.  Try searching a little, this problem has been discussed at length elsewhere with a number of possible problems.  I don't remember what was ultimately discussed as I don't have that problem so didn't pay that much attention, but it is there somewhere and might be more helpful.

Thanks for the tip. I'll keep that in mind for the next time I use numbered bullets.

I did a search and I found another thread about it on the BBS. Apparently, the "Well Rested" moodlet is causing the Sims' mood to dip. I figured there would at least be a hack around that corrects this but for now I'll just buy the most expensive bed.

That really depends on what else is running in your system and eating up RAM.  With 3 GB you're going to lose a fair bit in just the OS operations, then if you're running an anti-virus, that eats some more, plus the myriad of other stuff that gets loaded and runs in the background everytime you start the computer.  Some of these background tasks are not necessary to have start everytime, but they automatically set that way with the installer.  By not having them running usually just means that particular program may take a couple of extra seconds to open when you go to launch it.

I have 12 GB RAM installed and the little monitor that is running is showing current usage at a little under 3GB RAM, give or take a little bit as it fluctuates, and depending on how accurate it is.  That is without TS3 running, with the game running I have seen it jump to over 4 GB, even nudge 5 GB usage at times.  I am running Windows 7 64-Bit Professional edition, and if I go and kill some background tasks and alter the start-up menu, I can get the regular usage down to 2.5 GB or lower, something I need to do after updating some programs which have reset their background tasks to start everytime again.

It might be beneficial to shut down as many background tasks as possible when playing, if you're disconnected from the internet, you can shut down any anti-virus program that is running.

Alright, I'll take a look at my background tasks the next time I start up my game.

Just to check, did you remove ALL of your mods and CC when you tried a vanilla game or did you leave some behind?

Yes. I removed all of my user files, not just my CC. The game acted as if it was a fresh installation.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #466 on: 2011 January 17, 23:21:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I went to the official BBS and there were other people having the same problem. Some suggested that it was due to the patch and that it is the cheap beds that are triggering this. But, I tried buying more expensive beds (They are in the $1000 range) and my Sims's mood is STILL very red.

If you're talking double beds then a §1000 bed is still crappy.  The cheapest non-crappy double bed is the LuxurLove at §2200.  Price alone is no indicator of quality, as there are some more expensive beds that are not worth using.

As for single beds, there are three in my game that are non-crappy.  The Single Sophisticate @ §1450, Topsy-Turvy (from the store) @ §1600, and the Iconic Ionic @ §1650.

AwesomeMod can tell you which beds are not worth using - they're identified as Kewian-based.  Accept no Kewian-based substitutes.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
SlickCee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #467 on: 2011 January 18, 00:36:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I  don't have Awesome mod because it conflicts with aWT's slider hack. But I ended up just buying the Sleep Slave Double Bed (Around $3200) and it worked. I'll just use this as a temporary solution until EA finally fixes the glitch with a patch.

Jeebus
Nitwitted Nuisance

MATY's Lord and Savior

View Profile
« Reply #468 on: 2011 January 18, 00:48:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I  don't have Awesome mod because it conflicts with aWT's slider hack. But I ended up just buying the Sleep Slave Double Bed (Around $3200) and it worked. I'll just use this as a temporary solution until EA finally fixes the glitch with a patch.
Is that the one that removes the slider limit?  Because that's included in Awesomemod.

littleblackdog
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #469 on: 2011 January 18, 05:19:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

2. Second, we have our dear old friend "Error Code 12." I originally made my entire game vanilla by restarting my user files because this was a big problem in my old game. I can play for fifteen minutes, attempt to save, and this message would show up instead. Then, it began to crash randomly. So I decided to start fresh.

I was having Error code 12 crashes, and found these to be helpful.
http://www.simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Sims_3:Large_Address_Aware
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=416883
http://game-booster.en.softonic.com/download

Let me know if you suddenly become interesting.
SlickCee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #470 on: 2011 January 20, 03:05:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is that the one that removes the slider limit?  Because that's included in Awesomemod.

I tried to use Awesomemod to remove the slider limit but when I did the sliders in the jaw tab would not work. However, if I used aWT's hack or Johna's hack it did.

I was having Error code 12 crashes, and found these to be helpful.
http://www.simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Sims_3:Large_Address_Aware
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=416883
http://game-booster.en.softonic.com/download

Thank you for the links. With the LAA,can anything bad result from me making the Sims 3 address more than 2GB of RAM?
littleblackdog
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #471 on: 2011 January 20, 06:30:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for the links. With the LAA,can anything bad result from me making the Sims 3 address more than 2GB of RAM?
[/quote]
It is not advised to use this application if you have less than 3 GiB of RAM.

Let me know if you suddenly become interesting.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #472 on: 2011 January 20, 06:37:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Didn't one of the latest patches fix all this LAA stuff?

spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

Mugged by an iceberg! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

View Profile
« Reply #473 on: 2011 January 20, 06:44:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Didn't one of the latest patches fix all this LAA stuff?

Yes. Late Night is large address aware.

AIDE to Assmitten | Ask Me How!
ciane
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #474 on: 2011 January 20, 22:25:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LAA is fixed, but I still need to put the game and every EP/SP on the DEP list. You'd think it wouldn't matter if you added just a stuff pack, but I get random crash to desktop otherwise.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: