More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 09:13:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Late Night bugs & annoyances
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Late Night bugs & annoyances  (Read 259070 times)
PrinJess
Blathering Buffoon

I shall take ovur the wurld wit grammer!

View Profile
Re: Late Night bugs & annoyances
« Reply #425 on: 2011 January 05, 20:39:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Sim cannot excavate a dig site in China. Somehow their path is blocked for some shit reason. I read around and said the latest patch caused it.

spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

Mugged by an iceberg! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

View Profile
« Reply #426 on: 2011 January 05, 21:06:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Sim cannot excavate a dig site in China. Somehow their path is blocked for some shit reason. I read around and said the latest patch caused it.

That's been broken since Ambitions came out.

Sometimes you can excavate, sometimes you can't. Total crapshoot.

AIDE to Assmitten | Ask Me How!
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #427 on: 2011 January 05, 23:23:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a workaround mod on MTS.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #428 on: 2011 January 05, 23:36:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's been broken since Ambitions came out.

Sometimes you can excavate, sometimes you can't. Total crapshoot.

I believe if the dig site is located on a lot you can excavate just fine, when it is just located elsewhere in the neighbourhood you can't.  Not such a crapshoot as it is easy to find the ones you can and can't excavate.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Lisen
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #429 on: 2011 January 06, 22:20:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EA didn't fix this bug with the patch but you can find a working fix here:

http://www.modthesims.info/d/411913

Works nice with all expansions and patches. But there's still some excavation sites on slopes where you can't examine.
Noenmity
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #430 on: 2011 January 07, 17:34:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I"m not sure if the following explanation is related to masses gathering at a given point in town but i've had that problem occur a few times and noticed it seems to happen when running the game with this cheat set to false which is "restrictbuildbuyinbuildings". I usuallly set it to true once i'm finished with it but once in awhile I forget and have had that issue occur. Like I said,  I'm not sure it's related to the problem but I have taken note on a few occasions that the issue occured in the same session as using that cheat.
Lorina
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #431 on: 2011 January 08, 02:32:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I started a new town and constantly did the "fixall" cheat... suddenly, after 4 sim weeks another mass started this time in the Theathre instead of Waylon's Haunt... A LOT of sims... I noticed it again by the maid that went running there... WHAT CAN I DO?
Lorina
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #432 on: 2011 January 08, 02:37:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I"m not sure if the following explanation is related to masses gathering at a given point in town but i've had that problem occur a few times and noticed it seems to happen when running the game with this cheat set to false which is "restrictbuildbuyinbuildings". I usuallly set it to true once i'm finished with it but once in awhile I forget and have had that issue occur. Like I said,  I'm not sure it's related to the problem but I have taken note on a few occasions that the issue occured in the same session as using that cheat.

Can you explain me more about that cheat?? ... I don't use any cheat (just 'fixall') Where do you enable/disable it? it's on AM config. or the cheatbox? I didn't see "restrictbuildbuyinbuildings" in AM config., and if it's in the cheatbox... I don't know... I haven't used it, since I didn't know it...
Thanks for the answer.
Viscount
immortelleMuse
Blathering Buffoon

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #433 on: 2011 January 08, 04:13:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not that cheat; Noenmity doesn't know what he's talking about by trying to say his correlation implies causation.

It's a routing issue. Twallan's Overwatch mod (if you're willing to get another mod-- does not conflict with Awesomemod, but it is complex, but does lots of town maintenance) http://ts3.tscexchange.com/index.php?topic=4685.0 fixes the gathering issues. It also regularly cleans up all the vehicles Late Night decided to throw in, causing lags. If you're having issues with that mod, post over there.

As messed up as the BBS is, here's an extensive post about Late Night issues by Crinrict where he mentions the Overwatch fix of this issue: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/281359.page <-- also mentions a shit load of other issues in Late Night as well. Found it through googling. Which really isn't that hard, but I'm bored and feeling generous.

And the thing you were wondering about the "fixall" notice in skill modifiers is that LN somehow messes up how sims skill up (or something to that effect; anyway, it bothered Pescado somehow) and so that fixes that particular issue. It's fairly self-explanatory.

No matter how old you are, no matter how badass you think you are, if a toddler hands you their ringing toy phone-- you answer it.
Lorina
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #434 on: 2011 January 08, 05:20:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not that cheat; Noenmity doesn't know what he's talking about by trying to say his correlation implies causation.

It's a routing issue. Twallan's Overwatch mod (if you're willing to get another mod-- does not conflict with Awesomemod, but it is complex, but does lots of town maintenance) http://ts3.tscexchange.com/index.php?topic=4685.0 fixes the gathering issues. It also regularly cleans up all the vehicles Late Night decided to throw in, causing lags. If you're having issues with that mod, post over there.

As messed up as the BBS is, here's an extensive post about Late Night issues by Crinrict where he mentions the Overwatch fix of this issue: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/281359.page <-- also mentions a shit load of other issues in Late Night as well. Found it through googling. Which really isn't that hard, but I'm bored and feeling generous.

And the thing you were wondering about the "fixall" notice in skill modifiers is that LN somehow messes up how sims skill up (or something to that effect; anyway, it bothered Pescado somehow) and so that fixes that particular issue. It's fairly self-explanatory.

Thank you so much... This is, evidently, the solution.
freckles
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #435 on: 2011 January 11, 08:51:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is no bartenders in any of the bars in Bridgeport.
spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #436 on: 2011 January 11, 10:10:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There isare no bartenders in any of the bars in Bridgeport.

You're welcome.

Clifford
Asinine Airhead

Ye olde Clifforde

View Profile
« Reply #437 on: 2011 January 11, 20:06:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There aren't any bartenders in the bars in Bridgeport.

Well, there are, disabling mods, starting a new city and patching will help.
spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #438 on: 2011 January 11, 21:12:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why, you talk, like this? You, don't happen, to be, large, red dog, do you?

MissKitty
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #439 on: 2011 January 11, 22:11:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why, you talk, like this? You, don't happen, to be, large, red dog, do you?

Well, in their defence, the breaks were in the right places. The second comma should just have been either a semicolon or a full stop rather than a comma splice. Considering that this is only one wayward comma, the criticism seems a little heavy. (Resident Grammar Police, do feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here. I'm ESL and always looking to improve.)
spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #440 on: 2011 January 11, 22:30:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Considering that this is only one wayward comma, the criticism seems a little heavy.

Comedy is not about being reasonable, y'know. Also I needed to use the "Big Red Dog" joke, which probably flew underneath the radar of non-US readers.

MissKitty
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #441 on: 2011 January 11, 22:36:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Considering that this is only one wayward comma, the criticism seems a little heavy.

Comedy is not about being reasonable, y'know. Also I needed to use the "Big Red Dog" joke, which probably flew underneath the radar of non-US readers.

I'm sorry. I guess I failed to read your tone. And no, I didn't know that particular series. But thanks for introducing me to it, maybe I'll get a similar joke next time, then. Wink
Fishiemew
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #442 on: 2011 January 12, 16:37:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have any graphic effects, such as fire. I don't have any books at the bookstores either! I have removed every mod that has anything to do with books. I have also removed nomosaic, and "babayagas arty fartsy clutter" thing, since I read that it might have something to do with this. I have checked my packages map a couple of times, to see if I could find anything that looked like a hack of some sort. As far as I can see, I only have simple furniture and some hairstyles/clothes/patterns. That, and Awesomemod. I also tried to turn off the censor stuff from awesomemod, but it didn't make any difference.

So, what mods could be causing this annoyance?
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #443 on: 2011 January 12, 19:06:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No clue.  The thing with cc is, just because it doesn't appear to be a mod or a hack doesn't mean it can't fuck up things in your game.  Even things as seemingly simple as hair or clothing can sometimes cause conflicts and bugs.  You can try using Delphy's Dashboard to filter out damaged content, but if that doesn't take care of it, you'll have to go the long, slow route and troubleshoot all your cc until you find the culprit.

Another thing to watch out for is installing third party sims3packs.  They can sometimes piggyback unwanted content into your game.  You think you're just installing a house, but you get mods, hacks, and a CREEPY DOLLTM along with it.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Fishiemew
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #444 on: 2011 January 12, 20:54:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now this is weird. I used Delphy's Dashboard to remove the corrupt files and then I started the game. I still had the same problems, so it didn't work. I DID notice something though: The mods from my packages folder was still in the game! Is there some other folder where the game sort of duplicate those files? I had some package files put in the documents/ea/sims3/downloads aswell, but I had removed those before I started the game. I have also deleted the cache files.

So, how the heck do I remove a package file, once and for all?! 
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #445 on: 2011 January 12, 22:07:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you still have remnants of pre-Amb framework? Did you remember to delete your cache files?

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
Fishiemew
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #446 on: 2011 January 12, 22:24:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I deleted all my cachefiles before trying it out, yes. As for framework, I'm unsure what it means. Isn't it about the helper monkey thing?

According to delphys dashboard, it says I have "common" framework for all my expansions. I'm not sure what that means.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #447 on: 2011 January 12, 23:21:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Helper monkey was made obsolete by Ambitions.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
Fishiemew
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #448 on: 2011 January 12, 23:50:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But shouldn't that make all my downloads stop working? Because all of them are working, even the once I have deleted..
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #449 on: 2011 January 13, 00:23:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some PC's still work the old way, but you're best off deleting it all out of your PC - the whole mods folder that is - and starting again.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: