More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 12:46:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Late Night bugs & annoyances
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Late Night bugs & annoyances  (Read 259019 times)
arvind
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: Late Night bugs & annoyances
« Reply #400 on: 2010 December 14, 06:48:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I seemed to suffer from Suicidal Sim Syndrome after having food spoil in my inventory. I can't be absolutely sure it was caused by the food as my sim was reading a book on his bed at the time, but I recall that the last time it happened some food had spoiled in his fridge at around the same time. That might be arbitrary information, I'm going to try and reproduce the situation and see if it's the food or indeed the bed.
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #401 on: 2010 December 14, 07:07:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've mentioned already that using a sim with motives on static, neither sleeping NOR eating, or even being involved with food, spoiled or no, experiences crazy mood drops at random. Reloading fixes it but nothing else does. I don't think it has a thing to do with moodlets. The only new moodlets the sims I mentioned had were the laundry ones, as with fruit stomping they changed clothing a lot, and I was doing laundry to get the gnome.

So, have any of you experiencing this used the laundry system? Because I don't think I would have experienced mega-mood-drops with those sims unless a factor having nada to do with beds and food were involved.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
Baron
uknortherner
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #402 on: 2010 December 14, 23:50:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've experienced erratic mood drops but not constantly as people here seem to have. I do notice that if my sim attends a party hosted by someone with the Party Animal trait, my sim will gain a moodlet (great party or something like that - it states "from Party Animal" as the influencing factor)that's meant to last three hours, but never actually goes away unless I ctrl+click it. I can't say for sure if it's a factor in your mood drop situation though. I've also noticed that my sims will acquire trait characteristics from drinking certain beverages that never go away either.

I'm experiencing a different problem though - The shuffleboard table will cause any sim I control to freeze up the moment I instruct them to use it but NPC sims can use it fine. I thought it was the result of a corrupt 'hood or lot, but even starting fresh games with fresh sims and all the different 'hoods, it always happens, requiring a resetsim to get my sim back under my control. For the moment, I'm having to remove the shuffleboard table from any bars it's in (the dive bar in Bridgeport, and Jesslla's dive bar I DLed from Pudding Factory) to stop my sims from freezing up. Is anyone else experiencing this, or am I alone? I could always reinstall LN, but there's no point if it's a common glitch that can be avoided.

INTJ (44/12/38/67).
"We're building into all of our games the ability to pay for things along the way, and consumers are enjoying and embracing that way of the business." -EA CFO Blake Jorgensen
D_Malachi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #403 on: 2010 December 14, 23:58:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Laundry, you say? That does fit into my data of this funky "random low mood score" business. I'll try to look into this a bit more, but so far of the four Sims in the household-

Traits relevant to Clothes Washing:
Father: Slob
Mother: Neat, Family Oriented
Son: Family Oriented
Daughter: Neat

- the two most prone to the low mood are the three that do the laundry, primarily the daughter who (autonomously) does most of it. The other two are hit by this as well, though not as severely. In tune with that, the father almost never has the mysterious motive mismatch. I'll run a few tests to see if anything stands out. Thinking of something along the lines of two Slobs, two Neats, set in our identical house structures (all on one lot), and all locked to each individual, a set of cheap washing machines in half, and expensive ones in the others.

"You can start by bringing me the head of GOATMOR!"
Jessnova
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #404 on: 2010 December 15, 00:02:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eh, between the two Neat freaks and the Maid, SOMEONE is always doing laundry on my main lot.  It may well have something to do with it.  Guess I should load up the game again and poke them until it explodes again.

-tastes like chikin
cannedsarcasm
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #405 on: 2010 December 15, 06:22:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A few days ago I did a fresh install. Armed with up-to-date patches and mods, I threw in some CC and headed on in.

Brand new family, brand new install. I got the plummeted mood syndrome right off the bat.

I've been using the custom neighbourhood of Fincastle, and so moved my founder into a premade home because there are no blank lots. Most of the Fincastle houses that I've used, by the way, have been rather rubbish for large families (six or seven sims). The layouts are nice but not functional for more than two or three sims, no 0s or 6s.

Anywhoodle. The next day of gaming, I learnt that it could be caused by the beds, so I replaced them. That + the reloading of the game seemed to fix it for a while, but it wasn't a permanent fix. I've had to reload once or twice more since then, and in house 3 it got really bad (same family, by the way). It does seem to accumulate after a while. I moved houses in a wild attempt at stopping the bug. It came with the kewian-based wrought iron beds (+10, I think?) so the very first thing I did was pause the game, and replace the cheapo beds. The sims never slept in them. I replaced them with the highest the family could afford, the Landgraab Lothario ones. I haven't had the problem since then, although family deaths seemed to have a far more drastic impact than ever before. The two 6s in the family had a teeny bit of green and the rest of their bar was bright red. I have never had a death with that severe an impact - so unless I've had a very limited experience, there's something odd kicking around.

I don't have Late Night or Fast Lane. Patch is up to date and so are my mods. My sims do not do laundry.
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #406 on: 2010 December 16, 00:18:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So... as it has been proven otherwise... This problem has nothing to do with:

Beds
Food
Laundry
Age of Save

Next suspect?

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #407 on: 2010 December 16, 00:22:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bad CC or mods maybe?  Cannedsarcasm said they started a fresh game, inserted some mods and CC and got the mood problem, which would suggest a possible mod or CC issue.

I don't have this problem, so can't offer much else.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Mekare
Asinine Airhead

I loveded piggy.

View Profile
« Reply #408 on: 2010 December 16, 02:17:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dunno... I had the mood problem constantly, but buying a better bed fixed it.  I have been playing for days without running into it again.
I'll also note for the record, that I have my sim do laundry once a day as well. Moods are still fine.

☑ Saddam Hussein
☑ Osama Bin Laden
☐ Justin Bieber
cannedsarcasm
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #409 on: 2010 December 16, 06:09:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll troubleshoot with mods/CC if I run into the problem again, but I'm sure someone else will get there before I do. I haven't changed any of my mods or CC since the error disappeared, so it may not be related at all. No idea.
cuthbert
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #410 on: 2010 December 25, 10:51:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not exactly a bug, but ever since installing LN my sim was hit by meteor twice while in rabbithole. First it was grocery store, and not much happened besides the shop unusable for days and my sim singed. but this time the meteor warning came while my sim was working in the bistro, and I made her leave the building immediately and run a block away. And...

Now all her coworkers are dead. (The game didn't make a new boss because I did not try to meet him/her.)
« Last Edit: 2010 December 25, 10:58:19 by cuthbert » Logged
Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #411 on: 2010 December 25, 14:34:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, you're lucky in a way: I never had any meteor, zilch, nada. If I haven't read about these meteors everywhere on the internet I wouldn't even know they exist!
Having the mood issue too. It took 2 weeks for their moods to tank though, it's a really slow process.
Mooingloudly
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #412 on: 2010 December 27, 23:31:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am getting the wish from my Sims to buy a hot tub. While I am up to the latest patch with the current updated mods and current updated awesome mod I do not actually have Late Night. Of course I cancel the wishes but it's kind of stupid for them to wish for something we don't have and they should not be aware of considering I do not actually have late night yet.
cannedsarcasm
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #413 on: 2010 December 29, 03:30:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also get the wish for a hot tub, even though I don't have Late Night. How fortunate that we can right-click to disregard such wishes.
Baron
uknortherner
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #414 on: 2010 December 29, 11:41:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Presumably the code for this is in the base game patch so EA can start flogging functional hot tubs in their damned store. It's a shame that EA don't bother using the patch to fix annoyances like the running bug/halo-of-water-from-swimming bug/broken AI that sends every sim swarming to the same occupied seat/swingset/usable object just so they can bitch and moan about it already being in use.

INTJ (44/12/38/67).
"We're building into all of our games the ability to pay for things along the way, and consumers are enjoying and embracing that way of the business." -EA CFO Blake Jorgensen
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #415 on: 2010 December 29, 11:50:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not exactly a bug, but ever since installing LN my sim was hit by meteor twice while in rabbithole. First it was grocery store, and not much happened besides the shop unusable for days and my sim singed. but this time the meteor warning came while my sim was working in the bistro, and I made her leave the building immediately and run a block away. And...
I think this is actually a bug, because the meteor clearly MISSED the building.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Lorina
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #416 on: 2011 January 04, 07:13:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if this has happened to somebody else but, I noticed that ALL of the people went to the Waylon's Haunt and stayed there as if they were stucked. I visited the place and I found 8 mixologist, a lot of bouncers, pianists, celebrities, paparazzis, everybody. Even my maids come to my house and inmediately leave beacuse the HAVE to go to Waylon's Haunt... There they are, like 35 sims doing nothing. None of the 8 mixologists is on duty, all of them are stucked, AND, evidently, all the others bars are out of staff. I'd like to know why is this happening, it's like ALL sims in the neighborhood would have to go to Waylon's Haunt for some reason. This wasn't happening at the beginning, it started a few sims days ago, like three, I think. Please Help... It's annoying.

The other thing is similar to ine that has been posted here: the elevators. I have problems at Aquarius. 4 to 6 sims are waiting to go into the elevator but it never comes down and the sims never leaves until it's closing time. Creating another elevator works? Replacing the actual elevator works?
spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

Mugged by an iceberg! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

View Profile
« Reply #417 on: 2011 January 04, 07:23:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Stucked" is not a word. However, I find your avatar delightful. Result: draw.

(If you're using AwesomeMod, try typing "fixall" into the console.)

AIDE to Assmitten | Ask Me How!
Lorina
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #418 on: 2011 January 04, 15:15:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for the ortographic correction, as I don't speak or write english (evidently).
I'm not sure what you mean with "console", but I'll try.
Jeebus
Nitwitted Nuisance

MATY's Lord and Savior

View Profile
« Reply #419 on: 2011 January 04, 22:00:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for the ortographic correction, as I don't speak or write english (evidently).
Console = cheat window.

"Terminate the erroneous data" is an awesome euphemism for an abortion.
Lorina
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #420 on: 2011 January 04, 22:20:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Console = cheat window.

Thanks, That's what I thought.
I'm not a genius, but I didn't know you called the cheat box like that.
Lorina
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #421 on: 2011 January 05, 00:15:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok. I tried with "fixall" and it seemed to work because 2 boxes appeared. One of them said that 347 sims with bad skill were fixed, or something like that, the other said that 2 ghosts butts were cleared. So, does it mean that 347 sims were stuck?
After that the game started going VERY SLOW... My pc isn't the fastest one but the game speed was good and now it's like real minutes are shorter than sims' minutes. Is that an effect of the 347 stuck sims? What should I do?

And... I add that the sims are still stuck at Waylon's Haunt...
I'll try downloading a new version of AM and moving my sim to a new town...

But I still need help.
« Last Edit: 2011 January 05, 00:34:28 by Lorina » Logged
spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

Mugged by an iceberg! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

View Profile
« Reply #422 on: 2011 January 05, 01:15:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It means your neighborhood is badly hosed and you should probably nuke it from orbit.

Try starting a new game and see if you still have these problems.

AIDE to Assmitten | Ask Me How!
gamegame
Dimwitted Dunce

MOTHER FATHER SON

View Profile
« Reply #423 on: 2011 January 05, 02:05:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

347 sims

What CPU are you using? You might have too many sims thus overloading your computer. My E7300 oc'ed to 3.33GHZ can only handle rougly 230 sims before the game starts to lag horribly.

As for the every-sim-gathering-in-one-lot bug, try deleting that specific lot and then putting it back.
Lorina
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #424 on: 2011 January 05, 17:57:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you both for answering.... I tried saving the sim and starting a new neighborhood. No problems until now... maids do their job, at least...
If the same problem starts, I'll erase the lot and put it again.
I've been using the 'fixall' in the cheatbox, and it still says that sims (like 153, 96, 32, etc) with bad gaining skill (or something like that) are fixed and phantom butts cleared... can someone explain me what does it mean?
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: