More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 16:47:26

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Late Night bugs & annoyances
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 20 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Late Night bugs & annoyances  (Read 260189 times)
Mekare
Asinine Airhead

I loveded piggy.

View Profile
Re: Late Night bugs & annoyances
« Reply #375 on: 2010 December 06, 17:34:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having a very odd mood issue.  

Even with eating ambrosia (75 mood), getting engaged (50 mood), going to the spa (30 mood), and throwing an excellent party (30 mood), all on at once, I can barely get her elated.

Her traits are Handy, Neat, Perfectionist, Frugal, and Natural Cook.   The only mods I use are awesomemod, and a bunch of Buzzler's minor tweaks. None of which should really be affecting the mood.  She's the only sim in the household this happens to, and its a household of 4.  It's as if she has a permenant -150 mood buff hidden somewhere, but not sure how or why it's happened to her.

I've tried a few things:
resetsim, exporting/importing again, rebooting the game, moving her to new lots, changing her traits, mood manager reward, .. I even used ctrl shift click to stack on as many buffs as I could... it's seemingly impossible to make this sim happy.

Anyone else having this issue?

☑ Saddam Hussein
☑ Osama Bin Laden
☐ Justin Bieber
mom
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: 2010 December 06, 19:02:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's an EA glitch that makes the game hang at 8 am. But if it hangs at 8 am on a Sunday and you skip past the time that paychecks are handed out for writing novels, then you miss out on your paycheck. Same thing on Mondays if the game hangs and you skip past the time that you you can collect money on purchased properties.

I haven't experienced any noticeable hang at 8 am, other than the general lagginess in Bridgeport as a whole. Are you playing with AM?

Yes, I'm using AM and playing an old family in Sunset Valley. I've added some Late Night buildings to Sunset Valley.

I've had this glitch for a while and it's gotten worse. In my game it now stays 8:00 am indefinitely. It used to snap to a time later in the day, but it now can stay 8:00 am the same day for seemingly ever.

I suspect it is the game itself hanging at a time when many Sims go to work, or other time-related events in the game.
« Last Edit: 2010 December 06, 19:10:41 by mom » Logged
mom
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: 2010 December 06, 19:04:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I teleported them around, but using 'resetsim Mimi Amour' (the sim stuck on the elevator) did no good whatsoever, and, yes, I spelled her name right. In Build Mode I could not delete the elevator with her on it, not even with "moveobjects on".

It's hard to quote when you're typing like that, next time, try to type in paragraphs Wink Anyway, have you tried to zoom the elevator until inside of it? Maybe you will find the stucked sim and then grab her out using moveobjects on. Idk... this just popped in my mind just now.

I finally got her out by having a Sim call her on the phone and inviting her to the art museum, and used NRAAS MC to delete the elevator. Thank you, though, I never considered that I could zoom into the inside of the elevator! Smiley
Jessnova
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: 2010 December 06, 19:34:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having a very odd mood issue.  
*snip*
Anyone else having this issue?

Yes, I have it occasionally.  The only way I can get things back to normal is to save and quit and/or wait it out.  I poked around at MTS, where someone else had posted this problem.  The conclusion is that the 'well rested' moodlet has been borked by the new patch.  It's supposed to give you plus 20 or 25, I forget which, and if you hover your mouse on the moodlet it only says 10.  When it wears off, the borkedness rears it's head and it gives you an invisible negative.  If this is indeed the problem, it's really random, because it didn't happen for the first few days I had the patch at least.  Maybe I just don't let my sims sleep enough and never got that problem.  I haven't actually tested it yet by having one sim not sleep well for a week, and his partner sleep well for a week to make sure that's what it is.

At any rate, if that moodlet is indeed the culprit, I hope there's a fix for it soon because I don't relish having to hand wake all my sims up so they are short sleep but happy all day. XP

-tastes like chikin
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #379 on: 2010 December 06, 19:48:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had that borkedness since before LN. And the sims I had the issue with had their needs on static, so they never slept. So, that theory is out the window. But, it did go away for me if I reloaded the save.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

Mugged by an iceberg! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

View Profile
« Reply #380 on: 2010 December 06, 19:58:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I was smart enough I'd write a Xanax mod for situations like this. If the post-Ambitions doc can vaccinate people in a graveyard (in their underwear), why the fuck can't they write script for Effexor?

AIDE to Assmitten | Ask Me How!
Jessnova
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #381 on: 2010 December 06, 20:02:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, well.  It's just as well I wasn't sold on the idea anyway.  It's interesting that it would affect even a static needs sim.  
One other observation I might throw in, is that the family I'm playing that gets the invisible negative mood hit lives in a neighborhood which has shown some signs of instability lately.  Time was stuttering for a bit, sort of like it was freezing, but time was apparently progressing while it was mid stutter.  I reset world, and it stopped for a bit. It started again, I reset world again, saved and quit, and then cleared my cache.  That problem hasn't been back - but then the negative mood thing started.

So perhaps (and I'm going on a theory limb here) it's one of the signs of a save going bad?  If it irritates me too much tonight when I'm playing again, I'll just export my family and move them to a fresh save.  Hopefully it isn't something about the family that's corrupted.

-tastes like chikin
Nienor
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #382 on: 2010 December 06, 20:51:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got the mood issue, too. I googled and found a few posts about it in other places, and for most posters, it seems to have started with the last patch. I've definitely not had this before, and it happens in various neighbourhoods in new games after only a very short playing time. Restarting tends to fix it for a while at least. The whole thing is really quite silly - the negative moodlet from a broken or dirty appliance in the bathroom is sufficient to make an otherwise completely happy Sim unable to actually fix or clean said appliance, and even if the effect from positive moodlets adds up to 60, the Sim is still unhappy.
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #383 on: 2010 December 06, 21:09:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, if this information is useful, those sims were in a save I played extensively for a few weeks, and they had traveled to all the destinations quite a lot as well. At the time I attributed this mood error to the, "sims randomly dropping dead because all their needs started to randomly tank at once for no apparent reason" glitch, and supposed that my sims were not simply dying because of their needs being on static.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #384 on: 2010 December 06, 21:21:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got a wierd version of this one. I have a Sim whose fun is stuck at 50%, he also has a 0 min left elated that never goes away (even if I ctrl click it away it comes back). He doesn't possess any mood modifier bonus's and is meant to be a grumpy Sim but (unless he gets the 'woke up on the wrong side of the bed' moodlet he is permenantly ecstatic. I have another Sim whose mood modifies dramatically depending on where she is. She is a shy sim but her mood can be in the toilet even without running into another Sim.
« Last Edit: 2010 December 06, 23:10:22 by Madame Mim » Logged

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #385 on: 2010 December 06, 22:29:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I teleported them around, but using 'resetsim Mimi Amour' (the sim stuck on the elevator) did no good whatsoever, and, yes, I spelled her name right. In Build Mode I could not delete the elevator with her on it, not even with "moveobjects on".

It's hard to quote when you're typing like that, next time, try to type in paragraphs Wink Anyway, have you tried to zoom the elevator until inside of it? Maybe you will find the stucked sim and then grab her out using moveobjects on. Idk... this just popped in my mind just now.

Not to mention it also makes it very hard to read properly.  I would theorise about a possible mod conflict, something that hasn't been updated yet, or simply more EAxis borkiness with Bridgeport and LN.

It's an EA glitch that makes the game hang at 8 am. But if it hangs at 8 am on a Sunday and you skip past the time that paychecks are handed out for writing novels, then you miss out on your paycheck. Same thing on Mondays if the game hangs and you skip past the time that you you can collect money on purchased properties.

I use to get a hang, just before 8am, but the game would play as normal, just the clock would stop, then it would catch up.  It would only hang for maybe 45 sim minutes tops.  It always happened when the school bus or car pool would turn up.  After some other problems, and not liking where the game was headed, I started a new one.  Since then no hangs or problems at all.  Could be a glitch somewhere in the game, have you tried a new game?

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Versus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #386 on: 2010 December 06, 22:56:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The mood issue is caused by cheap beds. EA fixes one thing with beds (vampire altar moodlet, but they float awkwardly off to the side now) and breaks any well rested moodlet below +25. If it says +10, then it DECREASES your mood by 10 when it pops up, and decreases it by 10 AGAIN when it runs out, netting a -20 on your base mood every time you sleep.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/936498-the-sims-3/57371220
Mekare
Asinine Airhead

I loveded piggy.

View Profile
« Reply #387 on: 2010 December 06, 23:39:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, I guess that makes sense... i've had my poor simmy sleeping on the same cheap bed for almost her entire YA lifespan... no wonder she's such an emo.  Gonna get a more expensive bed and see what happens.

☑ Saddam Hussein
☑ Osama Bin Laden
☐ Justin Bieber
Jessnova
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #388 on: 2010 December 06, 23:43:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even though I was pretty sure what would happen, I started up my game and upgraded everyone's beds. 
If anything, their moods have dropped FURTHER since then.  So if it's a bed issue, the negative drop may be related to how high a bonus the bed gives.  But I'm still not sure it's completely bed related.

-tastes like chikin
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: 2010 December 07, 02:31:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, I guess that makes sense... i've had my poor simmy sleeping on the same cheap bed for almost her entire YA lifespan... no wonder she's such an emo.  Gonna get a more expensive bed and see what happens.

I got a mod from MTS that gives all beds the same properties, and it works nicely.  No problems with moods or anything else, and best of all I can use whatever bed for decorating without putting up with the bad nights sleep crap.  Afterall, it usually isn't the bed frame that's the problem but the quality of the mattress.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
jefrir
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #390 on: 2010 December 07, 13:08:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only bug I have notice so far regards the acting career: my level 8 actor sim could not go to work (the action kept dropping from his queue) even though he could enter the building to quit his job.

I have also had this issue, with both the acting and music careers. For acting it resolved itself, for music it won't; I've tried quitting and rejoining the job, resetting the sim and resetting the world, all without success.
Mekare
Asinine Airhead

I loveded piggy.

View Profile
« Reply #391 on: 2010 December 07, 19:59:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, So far so good... after replacing my bed with the DuoDreamer from HELS, I haven't run into the mood bug again.  So for me at least, the cheap bed theory is holding water.

☑ Saddam Hussein
☑ Osama Bin Laden
☐ Justin Bieber
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #392 on: 2010 December 08, 14:41:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would never have noticed this since cheap beds are regarded as unacceptable Kewian-based substitutes, but I will investigate this and see why it has changed.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Nienor
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #393 on: 2010 December 08, 15:45:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, So far so good... after replacing my bed with the DuoDreamer from HELS, I haven't run into the mood bug again.  So for me at least, the cheap bed theory is holding water.

Same thing here; a bed with good values fixed things.
Jessnova
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #394 on: 2010 December 08, 18:18:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not just the +10 Beds, it's the +15 as well.  That's what I upgraded my current fambly to, and it just made the mood drop worse.  I haven't gone all out and gotten the top of the line beds yet - I get tired of seeing the same beds used in every house.

-tastes like chikin
mom
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #395 on: 2010 December 08, 19:44:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not to mention it also makes it very hard to read properly.  I would theorise about a possible mod conflict, something that hasn't been updated yet, or simply more EAxis borkiness with Bridgeport and LN.

I use to get a hang, just before 8am, but the game would play as normal, just the clock would stop, then it would catch up.  It would only hang for maybe 45 sim minutes tops.  It always happened when the school bus or car pool would turn up.  After some other problems, and not liking where the game was headed, I started a new one.  Since then no hangs or problems at all.  Could be a glitch somewhere in the game, have you tried a new game?

Well, it used to be a hang for 10 sim minutes and go back to normal at 8:10, and it would hang at the time they get off from work also, for a few minutes. Then it became a hang with sims still going on about their business but the time being stuck at 8:00 am, but the clock would suddenly catch up later in the day. Now it stays 8:00 am and rarely corrects itself. It'll stay the same day on the clock.

Have I tried playng a new game? Not recently. I'm invested in the family I have now. I did try a few games when I first got LN so I could test out the Late Night stuff in Bridgeport, and I had similar issues! Also, sims getting stuck on elevators. Why the heck is it dark in the elevator? didn't they put lights in there? At any rate, when my sim was stuck in there she was very unhappy because it was so dark.

But, I returned to the family in Sunset Valley because they are raising a daughter, etc. In the Sims 2, I played ten generations of the same family! It's a challenge!  Smiley
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #396 on: 2010 December 09, 06:30:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I reviewed the Well Rested code between the last patch and this patch, and was not able to detect any changes between now and then, so whatever's causing the moodlet wonkiness is a mystery.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #397 on: 2010 December 09, 21:27:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try checking room scores. Everytime my Sim goes into his highly decorated basement to work on inventions his mood plummets no matter what other moodlets are going on. And another Sim can be out and about doing things and have her mood pop up and down like a yo-yo depending on where she goes. I thought it might be due to her being shy, but it happens even without the strangers moodlet popping up.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
D_Malachi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #398 on: 2010 December 12, 22:26:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Most certainly not a product of low Room Score. After a handful of days, Sims suffering from the Negative Mood effect tend to be quite unhappy, no matter their surroundings, and as a simple test, saving and exiting to the main menu, then loading back into the game, cures them as soon as game-time resumes. So yeah, no change in location or Room Score, and is fixed after the game re-checks their motives, but something's definitely off.

"You can start by bringing me the head of GOATMOR!"
invisiblgirl
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #399 on: 2010 December 13, 12:19:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After a handful of days, Sims suffering from the Negative Mood effect tend to be quite unhappy, no matter their surroundings, and as a simple test, saving and exiting to the main menu, then loading back into the game, cures them as soon as game-time resumes.

I haven't noticed anything with room scores - the moods are especially dismal when my Sims are at work or school.  Exiting and reloading fixes the problem, but even with the highest-rated beds, and waking my Sims before they get the 'well-rested' moodlet, their moods start to plummet again.  The problem gets worse the longer I play without exiting, so whatever is going on, it's cumulative. 
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 20 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: