More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 14:34:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Late Night bugs & annoyances
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Late Night bugs & annoyances  (Read 259026 times)
AlexanderMorgan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Late Night bugs & annoyances
« Reply #275 on: 2010 November 12, 01:38:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: jeromycraig
To be honest, I've not timed it, but now I'm curious.  I'll start two new Sims and test it.  On one, I'll have a Sim skill using only classes and incidental skill-building.  On the other, I'll have the Sim actively skilling and taking classes.  That way, I can see if it's time-based, skill level-based, or if I'm just getting senile in my 36's and misremembering the entire thing.

I've never had a sim that could attend a second class in the same field let alone multiple even after decades of cooldown, altough it would be great if they could do so.
Cyron
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #276 on: 2010 November 12, 13:11:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi there,
I have a new issue actually. The first times I played Bridgeport I have seen the food truck in some places, but not anymore. When I go to the map view I can see it driving around. Then it stops at some lot with a food truck parking space and it disappears!  I can see not only one food truck but in fact three of them but the behavior is the same. I have also waited for a respawn. I watched the scene a whole sim day long. They appear, disappear, respawn and so on (with and without mods).
I use awesomemod and Twallans master controller but even if I put them out the problem remains.

Greetings,
Cyron
Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: 2010 November 12, 16:28:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does it still disappear when you remove AM, the master controller and the script cache?
Cyron
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #278 on: 2010 November 12, 16:35:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yep
EDIT: I also had Inge's buyable food truck and the buyable food truck parking space installed (not anymore) but never used in bridgeport. Is it by any chance possible that those items intefered anyway?
« Last Edit: 2010 November 12, 16:48:04 by Cyron » Logged

Greetings,
Cyron
OmegaStarr
Dimwitted Dunce

I had a psychic once. It was incredible

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: 2010 November 12, 17:00:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Didn't someone post earlier that AM kills the food truck?
Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: 2010 November 12, 17:21:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cyron, nope the buyable truck isn't to blame at all. It's AM, it's scheduled to FURBAR any vehicle that have no driver.

Didn't someone post earlier that AM kills the food truck?
It was me, but I only said that AM wiped out Inge's buyable truck. In fact I didn't notice the original Bridgestone truck was being wiped out too since I never saw it at all, even passing down the road.
Cyron
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #281 on: 2010 November 12, 17:52:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's getting more and more confusing. I'm just back from watching another sim day and now the food truck didn't appear at all. I mean there was even none driving around. After watching that I tried another copy of Bridgeport and the food truck is there, parked at one of his spots - even though I have awesomemod and MasterController running again.
After all it looks like my Bridgeport is borked. I'm going to throw that one into the trash and start a new one. Luckily I didn't have much progression yet.

EDIT: AFAIK awesomemod don't nuke derelict vehicles automatically but the MasterController does by default. Maybe that's what caused the issue. I have reconfigured this mod now and hopefully I have more luck with the new copy of Bridgeport.

Greetings,
Cyron
Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: 2010 November 12, 17:57:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AM do wipe out derelict cars. Plus I don't use Twallan's controller so it cannot be involved.
How long did you watch it parked? Did you see it go away after being parked? AM does take some time to delete derelict vehicle, several sims hours I think.
Cyron
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #283 on: 2010 November 12, 18:08:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First of I have to apoligize. I messed up Twallans "MasterController" with "OverWatch". I have both installed.

I watched the food truck for about 3 hours parked at the same spot and then I left in order to update this thread. Just deleted the old instance of Bridgeport and start a new one right away. I will be back later with a report.
First of I have to apoligize. I messed up Twallans "MasterController" with "OverWatch". I have both installed.

I watched the food truck for about 3 hours parked at the same spot and then I left in order to update this thread. Just deleted the old instance of Bridgeport and start a new one right away. I will be back later with a report.

EDIT: UPDATE
Installed mods: awesomemod, MasterController

I have watched the new instance several times now. It's always the same.
The hood starts at 8 am,
the food truck always stands at the apartment which is face to face with the gangster warehouse.
The food truck drives away some time around 2:30 - 3:00 PM.
It drives around and disappears at some other lot with a food truck parking spot.
Short time later I can see 1-2 other food trucks driving around but disappearing.
Then the whole rest of the day there's no food truck showing up anymore.
« Last Edit: 2010 November 12, 19:49:19 by Cyron » Logged

Greetings,
Cyron
Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: 2010 November 12, 22:51:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I have none of Twallan's mods. I checked the map for hours trying to see a food truck, none anywhere. Only saw a stubborn derelict car that needed a fixall. My hood is old now, everyone is starting to die of old age; maybe it is related somehow. I'll check with a new Bridgestone as soon as my vampire dies, she doesn't have much more time to live anymore. Good you saw where the truck starts its route, that'll make it easier.
Cyron
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #285 on: 2010 November 13, 10:49:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm just wondering whether J.M. sees this. Was it the right decision to place it in this thread?
« Last Edit: 2010 November 13, 14:11:34 by Cyron » Logged

Greetings,
Cyron
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: 2010 November 13, 12:07:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm just wondering whether J.F. sees this. Was it the right decision to place it in this thread?

The FOJ sees all, whether he chooses to respond is another matter.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: 2010 November 13, 12:23:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm just wondering whether J.F. sees this. Was it the right decision to place it in this thread?
I have examined the food truck issue. Try new version?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Cyron
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #288 on: 2010 November 13, 14:10:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good news!
I have installed the new version now and while my old instance of Bridgeport ist still borked (and meanwhile moved to the trashbin), the new instance has the food truck. It also drives to other lots and becomes visible there.
Great work, J.M.!  Smiley

Greetings,
Cyron
Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: 2010 November 13, 15:22:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Freaking awesome! In my old hood I'll try Inge's buyable food truck again, my sims are screaming for greasy food.
Cyron
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #290 on: 2010 November 13, 16:27:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Freaking awesome! In my old hood I'll try Inge's buyable food truck again, my sims are screaming for greasy food.

Maybe you can wait with this and do us all a little favor: Do you have a test hood? Could you copy the subway station from the Beverly Hills side (the lot with just the subway entrance and the food truck parking space) and place some of them in that test hood? I wonder if the food truck will also show up there.

Greetings,
Cyron
Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: 2010 November 13, 17:17:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I may try it in my old Bridgestone, however it's useless to try it elsewhere:
Here is the Foodtruck parking space made buyable. You may need moveobjects and testingcheatsenabled to place it in areas you can't normally place things on. If you place this in Bridgeport, a food truck arrives soon after.  If you place it in Sunset Valley, nothing happens lol!
http://dino.drealm.info/den/denforum/index.php?PHPSESSID=q1gvlbkfdu8ao4qgire5j8f7b1&topic=297.0
The buyable parking space and buyable food truck should logically be the same ones that Bridgestone originally uses so same rules applies, no food trucks will be generated by a hood outside of Bridgestone apparently. If a parking space is put in Bridgestone a food truck should be spawned, even with the buyable space.
sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: 2010 November 13, 17:41:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isn't Bridgestone a brand of tires?  I thought the new town was called Bridgeport?  Or is it different names in different places like EA did with stuff in Sims2 where it was differently named over in Europe, etc.?

Cyron
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #293 on: 2010 November 13, 17:47:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well here with the german version it's "Bridgeport". I thought Painkiller was just making fun of the name.  Cheesy

@Painkiller: Oh well forget it then.  Undecided
&§$%* EA!

Greetings,
Cyron
Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: 2010 November 13, 18:57:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grin
Cyron, I've copied the lot you talked about, put it in there and and also added a buyable space on a neighbor lot. It was the beginning of the evening, approximately 4 hours later 2 trucks were generated and started roaming the hood, one even stopped on the buyable space and a sim visiting that lot bought food. In the morning the game generated more trucks, probably for the other parking spaces that were originally there. New AM never FURBARed any and my old hood now has roaming trucks. You didn't have to ditch your previous hood, it now works perfectly. Buyable or not.
&§$%* EA!
Never underestimate EA's crappastic programming. If they can screw something neat, they will do it. Murphy's law.
Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: 2010 November 13, 23:11:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=424758 A buyable food truck parking, maybe the mystery of why it doesn't work outside of Bridgeport is solved:
Non-Bridgeport cities - The truck should be automaticly spawned after there are 3 stops.
*facepalm* I'll try putting 3 special parkings in Sunset Valley to check it out.
EDIT: It doesn't work. We'll have to use the buyable food truck in the other hoods for now.
« Last Edit: 2010 November 14, 11:42:14 by Painkiller » Logged
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: 2010 November 14, 07:47:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My maid will not clean anything anymore.
Linden
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: 2010 November 14, 23:06:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My maid will not clean anything anymore.

I had that problem with one particular maid. She would not clean at all, only make the bed. Then she would stand around and sometimes make a mess by eating food or something. I thought it was a bug, but after I fired her, the next maid seemed to work just fine. And then I found out that the previous maid had the slob trait. So, now I think it has to do with that trait. Maybe none of the NPC maids in other neighborhoods had that trait?
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: 2010 November 15, 02:19:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Clearing the caches and replacing the maid did not work. Clearing the caches, replacing the maid and fixall did.
Cyron
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #299 on: 2010 November 15, 08:46:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you make sure all rooms are accessible? If you have, for instance, one bedroom which is only accessible for one specific family member, the maid will just stand there for several Sim hours, trying to find a path into the locked room and then leave at the end.

Greetings,
Cyron
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: