More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 16:14:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Late Night bugs & annoyances
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Late Night bugs & annoyances  (Read 259032 times)
daisylee
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: Late Night bugs & annoyances
« Reply #225 on: 2010 November 08, 04:01:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One odd thing that I have noticed is that my Sim gets party invites and shows up at a reasonable hour, say 9pm, and the hosts are always in bed asleep! My Sim has had to do something inappropriate such as take a shower to wake up the host each time.
Roobs
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: 2010 November 08, 11:26:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, you can just click on the sleeping sims and just click "Wake Up".
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: 2010 November 08, 11:51:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Duh.
gamegame
Dimwitted Dunce

MOTHER FATHER SON

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: 2010 November 08, 12:24:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have noticed that, after a few saves/load certain completely empty plots of land have their lot type autonomously changed to "residential" even if its just a completely empty piece of land. Is this EA behavior?
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: 2010 November 08, 14:11:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have noticed that, after a few saves/load certain completely empty plots of land have their lot type autonomously changed to "residential" even if its just a completely empty piece of land. Is this EA behavior?

Sometimes the spawners close to the lot will spawn something on the lot. I had one lot with junk objects spawned on it. There were some nice stuff there, so I had my active sim collect the junk and the lot was cleared after that.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
daisylee
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: 2010 November 09, 09:49:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, you can just click on the sleeping sims and just click "Wake Up".

I find it more fun to have my Sim irritate them to wake them up.  Grin
Seacret
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: 2010 November 09, 12:10:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't want to make a new topic for this and I've run out of ideas. My game crashes in live mode every single time I try to play. Not in pause, build/buy mode, edit town or CAS, only in live mode. I tried adding all the games to the DEP list (I have Vista) but that made it crash faster. I've tried with my settings turned all the way down (even though my computer exceeds the minimum requirements, it was a long shot), with no mods, new saves and nothing seems to work. I'm attaching the error log file that generates when the game crashes in hopes that someone can understand what it is I'm doing wrong and if there is a way I can fix it. This is probably something so stupid and right in front of my nose.

ETA: Aaaaand I'm an idiot. I hadn't deleted any of my cache files and upon doing so my game seems stable for now.
« Last Edit: 2010 November 09, 12:34:48 by Seacret » Logged
Roobs
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: 2010 November 09, 12:26:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you've enabled higher than 2GB memory usage for the other TS3 executables, then you must do the same for TS3EP03.exe or it will crash upon attempting to run the simulation. Every single time.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: 2010 November 09, 12:39:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One odd thing that I have noticed is that my Sim gets party invites and shows up at a reasonable hour, say 9pm, and the hosts are always in bed asleep! My Sim has had to do something inappropriate such as take a shower to wake up the host each time.
How peculiar. I will have to look into quashing party invites from hosts which are not actually in a condition to host parties.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Greyform
Dimwitted Dunce

Grey pride

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: 2010 November 09, 14:51:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How peculiar. I will have to look into quashing party invites from hosts which are not actually in a condition to host parties.
Yes, I remember going to a party only to find the host was at work for the entire duration. There were still other guests there, however, and if I wasn't specifically looking for the host, I might not have even noticed he was missing.
sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: 2010 November 09, 18:54:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ETA: I'm also getting the jealousy-type thing for Sims who aren't even romantic interests of people who flirt at a party. My Sim has lost friends twice because of a Sim FRIEND who flirted with someone else, causing a relationship hit for EVERYONE at the party. Granted, the Sim was flirting with someone outside of his/her marriage, but what should the other Sims care?

Did EA do something to ramp up jealousy and anger re romantic interests?  Seems much more intense since installing NL?

I am having an old problem reappear with my 'neatnik' sim - she goes to bed and immediately gets up to make the bed. She apparently can't stand that her bed is unmade because she's in it sleeping. Usually, directing her to sleep once again solves the problem, but this has happened every night since she was created...and ONLY with the neatnik sim - the other sims in the household are not neat and they do not have this problem.  I do remember this happening way back when - probably with the base game.

MissKitty
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: 2010 November 09, 19:54:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just had an interesting bug. I had to double check that I hadn't accidentally downloaded some sort of skilling mod because I had a child start painting and get full painting skill before the thing was even half done. She hadn't even read any toddler books.

And the dad was at the gym to get fatigued but even after five hours of Quick Burst it didn't happen (and there wasn't even a bar filling up). I don't know. It's possible that I suddenly have some sort of conflict and it's not actually a bug, but it's damned odd.
Narmy
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: 2010 November 09, 20:00:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just had an interesting bug. I had to double check that I hadn't accidentally downloaded some sort of skilling mod because I had a child start painting and get full painting skill before the thing was even half done. She hadn't even read any toddler books.

And the dad was at the gym to get fatigued but even after five hours of Quick Burst it didn't happen (and there wasn't even a bar filling up). I don't know. It's possible that I suddenly have some sort of conflict and it's not actually a bug, but it's damned odd.
I had the same thing with my family of vampires. Is the dad a vampire? They don't get fatigued when working out.
MissKitty
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: 2010 November 09, 20:03:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the same thing with my family of vampires. Is the dad a vampire? They don't get fatigued when working out.

Doh. Of course. I hadn't even considered that. Then why did he get that stupid opportunity in the first place?

The kid still isn't supposed to go from 0 to 10 in painting in a few hours, though... right?
anberu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: 2010 November 09, 20:15:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had something similar happen, but it was with Charisma. The only toddler skill item he had access to was the peg box, but when he was a teenager and started talking to himself in the mirror, his Charisma immediately jumped as high as possible based on the number of friends he had. For the record, he was born a vampire.
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: 2010 November 09, 20:22:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ETA: I'm also getting the jealousy-type thing for Sims who aren't even romantic interests of people who flirt at a party. My Sim has lost friends twice because of a Sim FRIEND who flirted with someone else, causing a relationship hit for EVERYONE at the party. Granted, the Sim was flirting with someone outside of his/her marriage, but what should the other Sims care?

Did EA do something to ramp up jealousy and anger re romantic interests?  Seems much more intense since installing NL?

The jealousy in the game is driving me nuts. I keep having sims lose friends just because they happened to have a one night stand with the same person. If they're not in a relationship, it just doesn't make sense for them to get jealous.
Narmy
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: 2010 November 09, 21:49:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doh. Of course. I hadn't even considered that. Then why did he get that stupid opportunity in the first place?

The kid still isn't supposed to go from 0 to 10 in painting in a few hours, though... right?
I went from 0-10 in all of the music skills in one day with my vampire child.
MissKitty
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: 2010 November 09, 21:59:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So vampire children are simply imba? Gah. Good to know, I guess.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: 2010 November 09, 22:33:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You didn't mention if the kid was a vampire?  I haven't seen any behavior like this with my kids, they are gaining their skills as they are supposed to.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
MissKitty
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: 2010 November 09, 22:38:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You didn't mention if the kid was a vampire?  I haven't seen any behavior like this with my kids, they are gaining their skills as they are supposed to.

She is. Because, you know, her father was turned just before she was born.  Roll Eyes

Seriously. This game has very little logic.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: 2010 November 09, 22:49:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She is. Because, you know, her father was turned just before she was born.  Roll Eyes

Seriously. This game has very little logic.

Has EAxis ever demonstrated any logic in anything?  I gave up being surprised by anything EAxis does a long time ago.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
anberu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: 2010 November 09, 23:48:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's the same reason my sim kid was born a vampire.

I've confirmed painting, musical instruments, logic, writing, and charisma are sped up for this born vamp. His fishing skill rises at the normal rate, other skills haven't been tested.
Versus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: 2010 November 10, 00:02:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's the same reason my sim kid was born a vampire.

I've confirmed painting, musical instruments, logic, writing, and charisma are sped up for this born vamp. His fishing skill rises at the normal rate, other skills haven't been tested.
Athletic, inventing, sculpting, and martial arts as well. I haven't tested anything else.

As for the kid changing species in the womb, I'm assuming that's how my mummy kid was born.
Mekare
Asinine Airhead

I loveded piggy.

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: 2010 November 10, 07:29:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not sure if anyone else has had this problem,,

I have 2 sims in my house, one of them works just fine, everything's normal.. but the other can't go downstairs. She will walk downstairs but be invisible, and unable to do anything. Once i set her to go back upstairs, she magically reappears through the floor and heads there.

I don't know why this is happening to one sim and not the other.  Ive tried reloading, resetting, i even evicted her and moved her back in, but she still can't go downstairs. I'm stumped. :/

☑ Saddam Hussein
☑ Osama Bin Laden
☐ Justin Bieber
Viscount
immortelleMuse
Blathering Buffoon

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: 2010 November 10, 07:45:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As for the kid changing species in the womb, I'm assuming that's how my mummy kid was born.

How did that work out? Was the baby just a black cutout, like when mummies try to change into martial art outfits? What happened when they aged up?

I know it's a bit off topic; you don't have to answer. I'll probably attempt this myself in an experimental save file, I'm just curious as to how all that panned out.

No matter how old you are, no matter how badass you think you are, if a toddler hands you their ringing toy phone-- you answer it.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: