More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 01:05:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Late Night bugs & annoyances
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Late Night bugs & annoyances  (Read 260158 times)
Immortelle
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Late Night bugs & annoyances
« Reply #100 on: 2010 October 30, 15:13:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, I doubt this is a bug, but it is an annoyance.  It seems that the game now has issues with .dlls in sims3packs and will not load if there is one installed.  No such issues with .package files.  What I find curious is that it seems to be the paysite stuff that freezes the game up.  It is actually the cause behind my previous issues.  An easy enough fix, but really annoying. 

"Thou hast no more brain than I have in mine elbows." --- Shakespearian insult
anaelir
Asinine Airhead

No.

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2010 October 30, 15:22:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sim in Bridgeport keeps getting stuck. As in, I managed to have my sim invited to a celeb party, and when she showed up, she basically got stuck outside of the house and wouldn't move. Hovering my mouse over the house said "No interactions available", and although I tried to have her interact with the sims outside, the actions would just stay there in the queue and she wouldn't move. Then I tried "Go here", nope, didn't work; whatever I wanted her to do, she'd just stand there, until I typed "resetsim ...". In this case, I was able to cancel her actions, however, when she goes home and I send her to sleep in her bed, she just stands next to the bed. If I cancel the action, it stays there in queue with a red X on it, and nothing happens until I reset her. She only goes to sleep if I first have her relax on the bed, and then sleep. Ever since, the game has been doing this a lot. Almost third or second action, I have to reset her when she's at thome (and I can't drop actions from the queue). If she goes to a venue, she'll go in and just stand there (I can cancel her actions if she's not home BUT she won't move anyway).

Ok, that's one a big, annoying glitch.

Another annoying thing is, some sims just seem to be invisible. I can see the stuff they're interacting with, hear them and see their speech/thought bubbles, but my sims can't interact with them, and their picture doesn't even show up in the relationship panel, or anywhere.

And again, all public spaces are empty at all times. I once sent my sim to a bar and there was only one other person there (except for the bartender and bouncer). Otherwise, I haven't seen one sim, anywhere, except residences and the movie studio. The first time my sim visited the movie studio, there were like 6-7 celebs staring at the spaceship; and that's it.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: 2010 October 30, 16:29:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you can't get tips, try the subway for a while. The subway tips are, obviously, different, since the sims arent visible or actually even *there* to tip. You get pretty much a constant stream of tips.
freckles
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2010 October 30, 17:41:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When my sim has other sims over,they like to stand in her apartment and piss themselves. Shocked

I have a quick question.  When your sim has a butler,is he meant to be cleaning the apartment?  The one my sim has just sits on his fat ass all day drinking coffee.
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: 2010 October 30, 17:50:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had to revert back to an earlier save when my sims glitched out and couldn't go on vacation. Never had that happen before. They would call up to travel, then talk, then hang up, and no dialogue would appear.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
Sarafina
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2010 October 30, 21:25:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is anyone else having issues with no mixologists being on duty?  I've been to several different bars on different nights and only the first night I went to one place did I get a mixologist.  Every other location and night there was no one, meaning no drinks or food. A lot of the time there is someone in the bar labeled mixologist, but they are never on duty.

Then at one club, The Grind, the sims were not dancing and the option was grayed out for me as it said no music was playing.  I could not figure out for the life of me how to turn on the music, as all I could do with the speakers was disable them.

I do have a few mods in, but saw the behavior in my mod free game.
bloodredtoe
Corpulent Cretin

Less awesome than some of you

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2010 October 30, 21:49:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is anyone else having issues with no mixologists being on duty?  I've been to several different bars on different nights and only the first night I went to one place did I get a mixologist.  Every other location and night there was no one, meaning no drinks or food. A lot of the time there is someone in the bar labeled mixologist, but they are never on duty.

No such problem in my game. Playing with AM only.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: 2010 October 30, 21:51:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparently someone is working on getting the high-rises buyable, which is good because they're the only things forcing us to use Bridgeport.

RE: Mixology, I can't figure out how to moonlight at a bar. The mixologist on duty is in the way, clicking the bar only gives me options to talk to them or order a drink...So that's 2 of 3 new careers that are worthless (no gigs given for bands, mixologists can't be mixologists).
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: 2010 October 30, 22:07:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Noticed another super-annoying issue. I can't make the muscle slider stick on custom sims in CAS. The effects vanish, and I can't make them come back. I have NO idea what's causing it. For a while I thought it was tied to custom eyebrows, but that isn't always the cause.

Trubble
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

:P

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2010 October 30, 22:31:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know I can just put a City Hall in there, but it's not just opportunities that are a bit messed up by the multi-use rabbit holes. My sims working in professions can't go and collect their awards.

A proud thread pirate.
Roobs
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2010 October 30, 23:08:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparently someone is working on getting the high-rises buyable, which is good because they're the only things forcing us to use Bridgeport.

RE: Mixology, I can't figure out how to moonlight at a bar. The mixologist on duty is in the way, clicking the bar only gives me options to talk to them or order a drink...So that's 2 of 3 new careers that are worthless (no gigs given for bands, mixologists can't be mixologists).
Do they have a skill point in Mixology? If they have no skill points, then they are not able to moonlight.
Baron
uknortherner
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2010 October 30, 23:35:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed that if you get the mixologist to join your jamming session, they basically cease to function as a mixologist for 24 hours, leaving the bar empty and useless.

Also, my apartment block (one of the cheapo ones in the run down part of town) has yet to spawn any NPC "residents", and this whole celebrity thing is pissing me off. I shouldn't have to keep queuing up the same action for my starstruck sim because a celebrity is close by and my sim just has to get an autograph. This queue-stomping crap needs stomping out.

Also (yes, there's more): lights correctly illuminate internal walls multiple floors high. Why the fuck then can't EA repeat the job on external walls?

INTJ (44/12/38/67).
"We're building into all of our games the ability to pay for things along the way, and consumers are enjoying and embracing that way of the business." -EA CFO Blake Jorgensen
valentinia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2010 October 30, 23:58:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am also having the problem with no mixologist on duty.  I am running base game with all expansion packs and stuff packs.  The bouncers also appear to be absent.  I am going during the bar's operating hours.
Greyform
Dimwitted Dunce

Grey pride

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2010 October 31, 00:15:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Noticed another super-annoying issue. I can't make the muscle slider stick on custom sims in CAS. The effects vanish, and I can't make them come back. I have NO idea what's causing it. For a while I thought it was tied to custom eyebrows, but that isn't always the cause.

I had this same problem. For me, the solution was using only default replacement skin tones (or just the default skin tones). Non-default skin tones won't work with the new slider for some reason. Once you switch skin tones, you may have to alter your sim's clothing to get the effects to come back.
daisylee
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2010 October 31, 00:16:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the problem of the empty clubs and bars too except for my Sim, the bouncer and the bartender. I have had as many as 30 Sims show up at the consignment store (!), or a restaurant I built, but none at a hotspot. Sims clearly do not have their heads on straight!

Due to the number of Sims I have had on lots otherwise, I do not think it is a specs issue, but an EA one.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2010 October 31, 00:20:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you referring to a new game and/or sim, or are you trying to edit through editsim?  If you are entering CAS through editsim, then the sliders won't stick, this has always the case.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Greyform
Dimwitted Dunce

Grey pride

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2010 October 31, 00:23:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you referring to a new game and/or sim, or are you trying to edit through editsim?  If you are entering CAS through editsim, then the sliders won't stick, this has always the case.

This is the case normally, but if you use NRAAS master controller to edit the sim in CAS, all slider changing will stick.
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2010 October 31, 00:48:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had to wait around a few times at the bars for several sim hours before a mixologist shows up. I would assume that this is because it's a new game, new bar, new neighborhood, etc, and that the game just hasn't spawned any yet. However, being EAxis, I wouldn't be surprised if this was just another horrible bug.

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
valentinia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2010 October 31, 01:02:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I not only don't have mixologist, I don't have a bouncer either.  I am there from open to close and neither show up.
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: 2010 October 31, 01:40:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you referring to a new game and/or sim, or are you trying to edit through editsim?  If you are entering CAS through editsim, then the sliders won't stick, this has always the case.

This is the case normally, but if you use NRAAS master controller to edit the sim in CAS, all slider changing will stick.

I'm talking about sims from the simbin. I can take one out, tweak it, and with all the males at least, eventually I'll come to a point where that slider does NOT work, at all. I can move it between both extremes with no change, it'll stay at the lowest setting.

Edit: It also has nada to do with custom sliders. I checked. Usually it seems triggered by changing eyebrows or hairstyles? Even if I'm only using Maxis options for hair.
« Last Edit: 2010 October 31, 02:13:38 by Moryrie » Logged

Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: 2010 October 31, 01:59:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have one custom bar that I built [Vampire Lounge] and I'm using all of Jesslla's bars from the Pudding Factory and all have bouncers and bartenders. I have also had my sim moonlight as a mixologist without any issue. I'm using the latest AM.

malexander
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2010 October 31, 03:46:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone having problems clicking on a sim? Can't interact with other sims.... Help me please!!!!

I'm a special type of breed.
AnalogKid
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2010 October 31, 05:08:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Then at one club, The Grind, the sims were not dancing and the option was grayed out for me as it said no music was playing.  I could not figure out for the life of me how to turn on the music, as all I could do with the speakers was disable them.

I do have a few mods in, but saw the behavior in my mod free game.

I am also having the problem with no mixologist on duty.  I am running base game with all expansion packs and stuff packs.  The bouncers also appear to be absent.  I am going during the bar's operating hours.

I'm having a similar issue. They were present when I started the neighborhood, but when I Raptured everyone, the mixologists and bouncers disappeared (naturally) but the game never generated new ones. I've had sims in the bars from open to close with nobody coming to staff the place, so it's not a matter of the game just taking its time generating staff; they NEVER generate.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2010 October 31, 09:56:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone having problems clicking on a sim? Can't interact with other sims.... Help me please!!!!

Mod conflict, sort it out.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Baron
uknortherner
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2010 October 31, 14:14:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This whole mixologist thing hasn't really been playtested, has it? For instance, you know how mixologist NPCs can pull food out of their arses? You can't. Instead, you get to stand there whilst actions are constantly cancelled from your queue because the game expects you to actually cook the food. Of course, you can't as there's no facilities to do so.

INTJ (44/12/38/67).
"We're building into all of our games the ability to pay for things along the way, and consumers are enjoying and embracing that way of the business." -EA CFO Blake Jorgensen
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: