More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 10:12:26

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Late Night bugs & annoyances
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Late Night bugs & annoyances  (Read 259010 times)
Seqkat
Senator

INFJ

View Profile
Re: Late Night bugs & annoyances
« Reply #75 on: 2010 October 29, 09:15:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All people who complain about lack of sims in clubs - how good is your computer? With slower computers the game will allow less non-player sims on a lot, which I know from experience since I played the game on a crappy computer and I see a huge difference on the new computer.
I didn't observe the clubs being deserted. There's usually 3-8 sims there, it looks like usual npcs per lot in the sims 3. If there were more it would probably result in even bigger route failing horror.

My computer isn't amazing, but it is still well above required specs, and plays the game perfectly smoothly on highest graphics settings. However, I am still having this issue. It doesn't matter what time I attend clubs, there is always maximum one other person there, and they normally leave when my sim turns up. For further information, there are normally between 5 and 8 sims at celebrity parties (sometimes all standing in the foyer because an apartment is too small, but that is a minor annoyance), and about four sims in parks or other community lots. It actually seems to be just clubs and bars for me.

ETA: So, I was considering something else as regards this problem - we should probably keep an eye on it until AM is fully updated, and then see how things are, as it may be that Pescado notices something to do with the community-stalker-swarm function that can be sorted out. But it might also be worth checking if those who have the problem are playing sans AM, or with AM-test version, or with out-of-date AM (/are mad)?
« Last Edit: 2010 October 29, 11:14:03 by Seqkat » Logged

Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2010 October 29, 11:10:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All I can say to this is "what the?":

This is basically the build up of the flash from when you use the sledgehammer tool to destroy things, not only that but when you purchase or sell items those icons stay there too. This is with the game being Mod Free.

Should note, those flashes STAY there, they do not disappear unless I unpause the game, quite hard to do when building on a community lot.

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
bloodredtoe
Corpulent Cretin

Less awesome than some of you

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2010 October 29, 12:16:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But it might also be worth checking if those who have the problem are playing sans AM, or with AM-test version, or with out-of-date AM (/are mad)?

Good idea. I play with AM, all eps/sps, no other mods or CC, stalker swarm on. Computer is 4 cores, 4GB RAM, GeForce GTS 250. No problems for me.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: 2010 October 29, 17:08:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got a bug where sims always say "I've got to go now. Bye!" or some variant, but don't actually leave, and apparently don't actually have to go. I have not gotten a single sim who actually left after saying that.

I also can't get anyone to join me in the pool, skinny dipping or otherwise.
jaccirocker
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2010 October 29, 17:12:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rubyelf, it seems that you may need to update your no mosaic at MTS. Once I did that it stopped those.

mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2010 October 29, 17:29:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this Late Night or Real Life?
Rockermonkey
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2010 October 30, 00:55:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, my games been acting weird today. Its crashed twice, once it restarted my computer; second time it was to the desktop.

I checked my crash log and it said this
"type: ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x00000005"
And then my installation path. Could it be that the crack I used is screwed? Or maybe I did it wrong, but I know I replaced the old .exe with the one I downloaded. It also said "DasmX86Dll.dll" is missing?
OmegaStarr
Dimwitted Dunce

I had a psychic once. It was incredible

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2010 October 30, 01:01:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, my games been acting weird today. Its crashed twice, once it restarted my computer; second time it was to the desktop.

And then my installation path. Could it be that the crack I used is screwed? Or maybe I did it wrong, but I know I replaced the old .exe with the one I downloaded. It also said "DasmX86Dll.dll" is missing?

Why are you still using a cracked .exe? Those things are no good. Use a package like nraas no cd mod.
Rockermonkey
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2010 October 30, 01:04:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just my luck, I actually deleted the old .exe  Roll Eyes

Looks like I'm gonna have to reopen the .iso, and I was using the cracked one because I didn't know that there was problems; I've been behind on this kind of stuff for awhile now.
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: 2010 October 30, 01:09:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Blacklights plus facial hair = bad

Mitten plus blacklight = awesome

« Last Edit: 2010 October 30, 01:59:39 by Skadi » Logged

ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2010 October 30, 01:18:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A Sim Baby now has a deformed head with bumps in it. Not a mod conflict, I checked 'em all and this has only happened since Late Night/New Patch.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: 2010 October 30, 05:28:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Late Night and the Patch added hair for babies. Maybe they also added deformations.

Big annoyance, possibly a bug- My band gets absolutely no gigs, ever. They got one when starting out. They are now level 10, and now a full group of 4 instead of 2, and they have never gotten another gig. The only way they make money is tips in the subway (Which are ridiculously excessive). Is there a mod out there that lets you force opportunities? At this point, I'm willing to just force one every few days, because I really missed out on the whole band experience when my only gig was at level 1 and now everyone is maxed out.
« Last Edit: 2010 October 30, 05:34:57 by Claeric » Logged
mandababy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2010 October 30, 05:34:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Late Night and the Patch added hair for babies. Maybe they also added deformations.

Big annoyance, possibly a bug- My band gets absolutely no gigs, ever. They got one when starting out. They are now level 10, and now a full group of 4 instead of 2, and they have never gotten another gig. The only way they make money is tips in the subway (Which are ridiculously excessive).

That is hair? A few babies born into my game have looked quite strange on their pictures, but not the same in person. I didn't know they got hair.

Has anyone been able to find the food truck parking space? Or does it just not exist at all? I'm trying to place one on a lot I'm building but its not in buydebug or anywhere else.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2010 October 30, 05:39:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Given your nefarious desires towards your step-son, do you actually blame them?

Has anyone been able to find the food truck parking space? Or does it just not exist at all? I'm trying to place one on a lot I'm building but its not in buydebug or anywhere else.

Try a search, or some reading, this has been discussed in other threads, I know this because I just finished reading about it.

Why are you still using a cracked .exe? Those things are no good. Use a package like nraas no cd mod.

Or they could just use AM and keep it even simpler.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2010 October 30, 06:05:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You cannot place an electric guitar from HELS on community lots for band use which is absolute shit.
mandababy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2010 October 30, 06:44:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try a search, or some reading, this has been discussed in other threads, I know this because I just finished reading about it.

I have searched and read things on here and google, some people say to do certain things to get it, some say it doesn't exist at all as a buyable object. I was just asking to see if anyone on here had found a way to get it yet, or found it hidden somewhere.
Immortelle
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2010 October 30, 07:45:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since installing LN it is taking an insane amount of time to start up - even with all and I repeat all CC removed.  Once it gets to the start up screen with the plumbob it is hanging.  I have tried just about everything and still no go.   (Anything that still isn't loading at a start up screen after 5 minutes is just ridiculous).  Any ideas guys, so far the only thing I haven't tried is doing a complete reinstall. I've searched around and tried stuff that has worked for other versions of Sims 3, but no change.  This is getting to be extremely disappointing.

/edit.  Never mind.  Figured it out.  (tricked it into thinking it was a a clean install by deleting the entire Electronic Arts game files from the Documents folder. Saved my old games and stuff first of course). The game created a new lot of folders and is now working perfectly.
« Last Edit: 2010 October 30, 08:14:47 by Immortelle » Logged

"Thou hast no more brain than I have in mine elbows." --- Shakespearian insult
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2010 October 30, 08:52:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since installing LN it is taking an insane amount of time to start up - even with all and I repeat all CC removed.  Once it gets to the start up screen with the plumbob it is hanging.  I have tried just about everything and still no go.   (Anything that still isn't loading at a start up screen after 5 minutes is just ridiculous).  Any ideas guys, so far the only thing I haven't tried is doing a complete reinstall. I've searched around and tried stuff that has worked for other versions of Sims 3, but no change.  This is getting to be extremely disappointing.

/edit.  Never mind.  Figured it out.  (tricked it into thinking it was a a clean install by deleting the entire Electronic Arts game files from the Documents folder. Saved my old games and stuff first of course). The game created a new lot of folders and is now working perfectly.

Well fuck me, I wonder why no-one, in the history of this board, has ever thought of doing that before! You are an absolute genius.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2010 October 30, 08:56:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Been playing for hours in a band and I have only gotten one lousy gig. And I can't earn money through tips because no-one will tip me anymore and when they do, i'm not getting any money from it.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2010 October 30, 08:58:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you think EAxis are aiming for more realism in the game?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2010 October 30, 09:04:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Meh, also the game just locked up. Sound is still playing and I can still move the cursor, but everything else is non responsive.
Seqkat
Senator

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2010 October 30, 09:57:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Been playing for hours in a band and I have only gotten one lousy gig. And I can't earn money through tips because no-one will tip me anymore and when they do, i'm not getting any money from it.

I'm also starting to think that the gigs problem is a bug - I haven't got any gigs for my sim's band, no matter who the members are. There is also the bug with tipping which some people have mentioned - bystanders make the tipping motion but my sim gets no money from it.

Perhaps, as witch says, it's hyper-realism - after all, there's a recession on, why would you tip a musician in the park?

ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2010 October 30, 10:09:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The inability to recieve tips seems to be an Awesomemod problem, but the lack of gigs is just EAs fail.
Roobs
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2010 October 30, 10:53:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have searched and read things on here and google, some people say to do certain things to get it, some say it doesn't exist at all as a buyable object. I was just asking to see if anyone on here had found a way to get it yet, or found it hidden somewhere.
Well, I had a look. Apparently both the mailbox (Wall Mailbox) and trash chute (Barney's Trash Chute) are flagged to appear under the Debug objects category, but they are definitely not there. Unless they're meant to be under some sort of non-accessible "Debug > All" category. There's a number of billboards that are flagged to appear here too, and it looks like they were originally meant to appear under "Community Objects". The food truck space (The Pit Stop) is, bizzarely, not flagged to appear under anything whatsoever.
Slymenstra
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2010 October 30, 13:20:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't see this posted here but I found a bug that causes my game to crash.  It appears that the game will clone non active households and make them Paparazzi.  So I have a regular Sim named Eric whom my active Sim is in love with, and in her building lives Eric the Paparazzi! 

I have had both men at the elevator to her apartment when she calls reg Eric over.  If she goes to interact with the Paparazzi my game CTD.  I will delete him, but the problem could happen again.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: