More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 19:04:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Update Error: File Not Found
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Update Error: File Not Found  (Read 5573 times)
MrMugg
Corpulent Cretin

Wanna c a magik trik?

View Profile
Update Error: File Not Found
« on: 2010 September 14, 05:06:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have arrquired my copies of Sims 3 and WA, both Region 2, and updated them manually all the way to the latest patches of 1.12.70.006002 and 2.7.7.006002.  Everything was fine, and AwesomeMod worked great.  Now enter, HELL -- as in, High End Loft.  The booty version I arrquired on my latest sea voyage turned out to be Region 1 which installed just fine.  Updating, on the other hand, is not fine.  I have version 3.0.38.004001 and I am trying to update manually to 3.1.7.004001 and I get the following:

"Update Error: File Not Found"

Would've been nice if it told me what file was missing, but I wouldn't expect as much from EA.  I've tried using "PatchLogViewer" to see if it would give me some kind of idea, but it says all is well.  I've searched up and down and across Google, but didn't find anything helpful.  I've searched here and I found one possible solution to copying the "bin" folder from the HELS image over to the hard drive, but that didn't work out.

Has anyone found away around this?  I'm not overly concerned, because I can just reinstall everything and try HELS again at an earlier patch version or just not bother with it at all.  It would be nice if I could find a way to avoid all that, though.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
Re: Update Error: File Not Found
« Reply #1 on: 2010 September 14, 05:08:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is pretty much absolutely inexcusable to make a new topic about "file not found".
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 September 14, 05:58:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have arrquired my copies of Sims 3 and WA, both Region 2, and updated them manually all the way to the latest patches of 1.12.70.006002 and 2.7.7.006002.  Everything was fine, and AwesomeMod worked great. 

Doubtful that AM worked with those patches as they are not the fucking latest patches.

I've searched up and down and across Google, but didn't find anything helpful.  I've searched here and I found one possible solution to copying the "bin" folder from the HELS image over to the hard drive, but that didn't work out.

Highly fucking doubtful, otherwise you would have found the answer to your question.  Try again.

Don't make new fucking posts for such old, often discussed to death problems.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Tever
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 September 14, 16:46:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have arrquired my copies of Sims 3 and WA, both Region 2, and updated them manually all the way to the latest patches of 1.12.70.006002 and 2.7.7.006002.  Everything was fine, and AwesomeMod worked great.  Now enter, HELL -- as in, High End Loft.  The booty version I arrquired on my latest sea voyage turned out to be Region 1 which installed just fine.  Updating, on the other hand, is not fine.  I have version 3.0.38.004001 and I am trying to update manually to 3.1.7.004001 and I get the following:

"Update Error: File Not Found"

Would've been nice if it told me what file was missing, but I wouldn't expect as much from EA.  I've tried using "PatchLogViewer" to see if it would give me some kind of idea, but it says all is well.  I've searched up and down and across Google, but didn't find anything helpful.  I've searched here and I found one possible solution to copying the "bin" folder from the HELS image over to the hard drive, but that didn't work out.

Has anyone found away around this?  I'm not overly concerned, because I can just reinstall everything and try HELS again at an earlier patch version or just not bother with it at all.  It would be nice if I could find a way to avoid all that, though.

In other words, you're using the crack and it never occured to you this would cause a problem in the future?
MrMugg
Corpulent Cretin

Wanna c a magik trik?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 September 15, 02:38:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have not used the crack.  Unless there are updates not included on Simprograms, then versions 1.12.70 and 2.2.8 are the latest ones - as far as I can see.  I update manually and not through the launcher.  I realize that AwesomeMod is up to 1.14, 2.9 now, however, it still worked for me.

As far as searching, this is what I find here:

Missing S3Launcher.exe file from HELS/game/bin folder.. RESOLVED
Ambitions: What's borked
TOOL: TS3 Recompressor
Those looking for the 1.12/2.7/3.3 Patches
Patch DAY!!
Can't install patch Fuckity FUCK FUCK FUCK
Update Error - Invalid file found
The Launcher lies
I can't update to ver 1.8 - "Invalid file found"

And a whole slew of stuff about "invalid file found" which is not the error I'm getting.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 September 15, 04:18:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have not used the crack.  Unless there are updates not included on Simprograms, then versions 1.12.70 and 2.2.8 are the latest ones - as far as I can see.  I update manually and not through the launcher.  I realize that AwesomeMod is up to 1.14, 2.9 now, however, it still worked for me.

You're still WRONG. It is now 1.15 and 2.10.  The patches are available, go looking for them.  AM is now 1.15 and 2.10, with many people reporting core mismatch errors if the haven't applied those patches.  There are also other patching tools available without using the launcher that secure the latest patches, go looking for them.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
MrMugg
Corpulent Cretin

Wanna c a magik trik?

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 September 15, 16:14:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're still WRONG. It is now 1.15 and 2.10.  The patches are available, go looking for them.  AM is now 1.15 and 2.10, with many people reporting core mismatch errors if the haven't applied those patches.  There are also other patching tools available without using the launcher that secure the latest patches, go looking for them.

AM must be very recent, then.  What I have I downloaded last week.  You did answer one of my other "unasked" questions, though.  Wink  As I said previously, I don't care too much if HELS works or not.  I won't lose any sleep over it.  I thought it would be nice to check it out a little, but it isn't all that important.  So, if you wish to help me or point me in the right direction, great.  If you wish to flame me, awesome.  I expected no less.
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 September 15, 20:31:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AM must be very recent, then.  What I have I downloaded last week.  You did answer one of my other "unasked" questions, though.  Wink  As I said previously, I don't care too much if HELS works or not.  I won't lose any sleep over it.  I thought it would be nice to check it out a little, but it isn't all that important.  So, if you wish to help me or point me in the right direction, great.  If you wish to flame me, awesome.  I expected no less.

Wizard_merlin gave you the key words to look up (bolded by me). Oh hai, I found what he was writing about with this search.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2010 September 15, 21:03:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AM must be very recent, then.

Oh my god, you are special aren't you? AM is sometimes updated several times a day, depending on what Pescado is doing. You should at least be updating every 2 - 3 days. Also, patching methods have been reported to DEATH. If I can patch manually, so can youse.
[/aussie accent]
« Last Edit: 2010 September 16, 22:13:54 by Skadi » Logged

MrMugg
Corpulent Cretin

Wanna c a magik trik?

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 September 15, 22:53:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh my god, you are special aren't you? AM is sometimes updated several times a day, depending on what Pescado is doing. You should at least be updating every 2 - 3 days. Also, patching methods have been reported to DEATH. If I can patch manually, so can use.

Too funny.   Grin
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: