More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 11:12:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Jealous much?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Jealous much?  (Read 8153 times)
curlz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Jealous much?
« on: 2010 August 23, 23:57:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can someone kindly explain to me the difference between AwesomeMod's jealousy and EA's jealousy? Or at least how AM's jealousy is supposed to work? In my game no one is getting jealous at all. I have a sim who can kiss other sims in front of his girlfriend and she doesn't care. Is that how Awesomemod is supposed to be?
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
Re: Jealous much?
« Reply #1 on: 2010 August 24, 00:40:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From my experience Awesome Jealousy only applies to engaged or higher.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 August 24, 00:46:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone have the No Jealousy trait, the Flirty trait, or the Commitment Issues trait? Also, there seems to be a peculiar issue rooted in original EAxian code: Do all 3 sims know each other? If not, who does?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
curlz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 August 24, 02:40:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I created new sims to test it. No special traits, just a guy and two girls. They all know each other. I made him a love interest of both, and got no reaction to kissing when the other is present. Same with Boyfriend, Fiancé, and when he finally married one and kissed the other girl his wife was still oblivious. The only signs of "jealousy" is sometimes the other partner gets a negative red symbol above her head but it does not affect the relationship with either.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 August 24, 03:05:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are they all love interests of each other?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
curlz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 August 24, 04:02:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The girls are not interested in each other.
mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 August 24, 07:57:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was wondering about the AM jealousy too, as I'm pretty sure I haven't seen any in my game despite trying to mildly provoke it.

I'd quite like jealousy to kick in around the going steady level for the majority of sims, although it is logical that Commitment Issues only get jealous during marriage. I think of my Hopeless Romantics as stalkers and would like to see them get jealous as soon as they become love interests.
curlz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 August 25, 07:27:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sims are walking in on their spouses woohooing with other sims and there is still on effect. I attempted to shut off AM jealousy with the config but (as I posted in the AM bug reports thread) my configuration isn't working so I don't know what to do.
airilina
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 August 25, 21:23:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the same problem.  After I took AM out and ran the game to test it, jealousy worked again.  The only other mod I used was rule of 6.
michelou
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 August 26, 03:02:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would actually like to pipe into this too. I am also having this problem, I tried taking out AM, all CC, and my other 2 mods, the no mosaic (while the sitting on toilets with clothes on is disturbing, the blur bugs me more) and Buzzler's dig site fixer.

Once I had removed those and started a new clean town the jealousy worked. I did use the same sims for my testing as are in my save game.
Seqkat
Senator

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 August 26, 21:30:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you look here you'll see that there's been some discussion of this in the AM bug thread too - looks like Pescado's worked it out and it will be fixed soon.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 August 28, 08:48:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fix should already be up.

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 August 30, 03:33:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was wondering about the AM jealousy too, as I'm pretty sure I haven't seen any in my game despite trying to mildly provoke it.

I'd quite like jealousy to kick in around the going steady level for the majority of sims, although it is logical that Commitment Issues only get jealous during marriage. I think of my Hopeless Romantics as stalkers and would like to see them get jealous as soon as they become love interests.

Odd.  In my game, if sims are married and their love interest snogs with someone else in front of them, they get a hate on for the other sim, and auto-queue an action to scold their love interest.  Without the long-term memories of TS2, however, this is reasonably short lived and manifests as a reduction in STR and LTR scores (no permanent memory of "my spouse is a total fuckup").

Tribulatio proxima est
Tingeling
Malodorous Moron

- Big Cat AIDE - and proud of it!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010 August 30, 11:42:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That should be possible to rectify, though. A sim who has reached the top of the fashion carreer gets a positive moodlet for the rest of his/her lifetime. Creating a moodlet stating that the spouse is a cheater would be a nice improvement. I wonder what happens if they split up... does the moodlet drop when the sim finds new love, or is the sim scarred for life and has trouble finding a new spouse to trust? It could be followed by an adversion towards getting married a second time. Oh, the possibilities...

- INTJ -
Zamboni
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010 September 03, 02:51:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The EAxis jealousy is so bad it's hilarious. Basically everyone in Simsville has telepathy and knows if you're getting it on within the household. Say your male sim John is cheating on his girl Jane with the hot chick from next door (let's say, Candy), the instant they do anything beyond complimenting each other, EVERYONE in the household will know and be pissed at them both.

The girlfriend will know it, the mother-in-law visiting will know it, the baby 3 rooms away will know it... Hell, even that mailman and paperboy will see negative relationship points from the adultery.

That ain't jealousy, that's some kind of ultra-Christian 10 commandment thing on steroids.

Funny thing is, if you kiss across the street from the house, no one will know.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: