More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 05:27:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  CAS Sliders -- Where am I going wrong?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: CAS Sliders -- Where am I going wrong?  (Read 5813 times)
ashmonster
Asinine Airhead

[witty text]

View Profile
CAS Sliders -- Where am I going wrong?
« on: 2010 August 18, 01:05:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had Ambitions since it came out, and since then my Jonha sliders haven't been working. I updated them and everything and they still don't work, they show up nowhere in CAS.

Yes, I've taken out all mods and CC except my sliders. I don't have AM installed and I've done a re-install of the game. I've tried a couple different core mods to allow sliders, including Jonha's hack and the Extended Game Core Mod. Neither worked.

I've used s3pe to see if maybe my files were corrupted, and, granted, I did find some corrupted .packages in there, they were fixed. After using s3pe I pulled everything but my sliders and the Jonha hack out, still nothing. I pulled out Jonha's hack and put in the EGCM and they still didn't work. So I tried a re-install, again. To no success.

I've looked and looked, and plenty of other people have the damn sliders working in CAS.

So where am I going wrong?
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
Re: CAS Sliders -- Where am I going wrong?
« Reply #1 on: 2010 August 18, 01:49:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would be checking your framework set-up.  It would appear that the game isn't actually seeing them anymore. 

If your using the old framework method, did you extend the framework, namely the relevant .dll file into AMB, or whatever method you used?  If you changed to the new method, did you adjust the resource.cfg file to read the folders properly?

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
keirra
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 August 18, 01:50:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So where am I going wrong?

Shouldn't you be asking, ummm, I dunno, the creator of the Jonha sliders?  Roll Eyes
ashmonster
Asinine Airhead

[witty text]

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 August 18, 01:53:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do we have to actually change the resource.cfg file now?

I didn't think that had anything to do with it, since all my other content works fine except for these dang sliders.

I had also assumed my framework was fine for the same reason.

Which .dll file is it that needs to be moved or are they all still saying in this My Docs folder that EA's decided to use?

Sorry about all the questions. : /

@Keirra -- that would make sense, wouldn't it? I've gone through several of her(his?) own posts, to no avail. I've tried some of the stuff Jonha says and nothing. : (

I would love to have Sims with rumps and breasts.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 August 18, 02:13:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would love to have Sims with rumps and breasts.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand...  it gets creepy.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
ashmonster
Asinine Airhead

[witty text]

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 August 18, 02:16:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That was poorly worded.

I would like to make Sims with curves. Not all women look like a board wearing clothing. Because of this, I can't make something even close to an accurate representation of myself. And that makes me sad. I would like to be able to play as myself, but unfortunately I am not a plank of wood.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 August 18, 05:22:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use some of Jonha's sliders and they work fine with AMB.

How are you trying to place the mods, the old way or the new way?  The new way in documents required a slight change to the resource file to make it work, as the file now resides in the mods folder, not in the root folder like it did in the old method.  The new way doesn't require the .dll file, but if you leave them in place it won't hurt anything either.

Otherwise, you may well have a conflict with your mods, as many needed to be upgraded for the patch and AMB.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
ashmonster
Asinine Airhead

[witty text]

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 August 18, 14:08:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been doing them the new way, via the My Docs folder.

What's that slight change?

I was toying again last night, had a faint glimmer of hope that I made an oops. Base Game and AMB had updated but not WA and HELS. As WA and HELS were at 2.0 and 3.3 respectively. And then every last shred of hope was dashed in an instant.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 August 18, 16:18:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

MTS has a step-by-step "how to" on converting your game to the new cc location folder setup in Ambitions.  They also have an updated resource file you can use to make it even easier.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: