More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 00:25:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Missing ambitions objects
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Missing ambitions objects  (Read 7816 times)
JacquiES
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Missing ambitions objects
« on: 2010 August 15, 01:43:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, I don't have any idea what I did but, I went to play my saved game and the house I had built with a trampoline loaded, informed me that I am missing objects and they had to be replaced.  I wasn't sure what the objects were until I saw my once blonde sim (now brown) standing in front of a telescope that I swear used to be a trampoline.  I thought maybe the trampoline and the hair were store objects and that I fucked something up, but alas they should be part of the game.  What do I do now? Reinstall everything all over again?  Or is there an easier option?

This is why I play the sims 2 more often--less work!

Also, this is what all my family's info looks like in the game:

« Last Edit: 2010 August 15, 01:53:30 by JacquiES » Logged
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
Re: Missing ambitions objects
« Reply #1 on: 2010 August 16, 04:30:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am not sure how I can help you, but I am also experiencing the same issue, although my missing objects are a few decorative ones. This occured after the latest AwesomeMod was installed, no idea perhaps and update will fix it? I will keep looking into it as much I can though.

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
JacquiES
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 August 16, 16:14:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, that makes sense because I also installed the latest awesomemod before starting the game.  Does your family info look like mine in the picture when you click on it?  I also had trouble installing the ambitions patch.  It was getting stuck on the tshost.dll file, but I just moved the fresh one from my torrent and then it worked.  I hope it is just awesomemod then because that would be a lot easier then having to reinstall everything!
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 August 16, 19:11:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The AM explanation seems strange, since more people would be reporting it if it were caused by AM alone. Are you sure it wasn't the patch installation? What happens if you try a new, non-awesome game?

I sing along with elevator music.
JacquiES
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 August 16, 20:24:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is true, I scoured the bug report thread and didn't see anything that seemed similar.  I would assume it is not a patch installation error because after finding and replacing the file it was having trouble with, it went through just fine.  The game is totally playable minus the objects missing but I don't know if it is just building up to a big disaster in the future. 
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 August 16, 20:59:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, but assuming that it isn't the patch doesn't tell us anything. Are all saves messed up, or just this specific one? What happens when you remove AM and start a new game? MATY may be awesome, but we're not psychics.

I sing along with elevator music.
JacquiES
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 August 16, 22:36:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed it in my only save and deleted that save because it wasn't that important to me.  The picture I posted was from a new town and new game.  I have not taken awesomemod out because once it is in, isn't it not supposed to be taken out?
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 August 16, 22:43:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed it in my only save and deleted that save because it wasn't that important to me.  The picture I posted was from a new town and new game.  I have not taken awesomemod out because once it is in, isn't it not supposed to be taken out?
If you start a new game you'll be fine.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 August 16, 23:35:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have not taken awesomemod out because once it is in, isn't it not supposed to be taken out?

Not true.  If you remove AM before starting a new game, no problems.  Also, you can park AM, do a search for how to, then remove it and play an existing saved game without problems.

I agree with Sigmund, as not everyone is complaining about this, it is less likely to be an AM specific problem.  You might want to check your CC and other mods also.  A bad bit of CC or a mod conflict could be the cause, therefore engage in basic troubleshooting before whining and give us decent fucking information if you help as we cannot see your system, or read your mind.

Start a new game with nothing, no CC, no mods, and no AM, and see if the problem occurs.  You might need to save and exit the game a few times to make sure nothing goes wrong anywhere, you could have a corrupt game installation.  Then if everything is working perfectly fine, install AM, restart a fresh game and perform the same thing, save, exit, load, play, save, exit, load, play, etc for a little while.  The add the mods and CC slowly, and keep checking.

It is a slow process, but is a basic step that will help isolate the problem.

It also probably wouldn't hurt to to a fresh install of the game also.  I know it is a slow process, but troubleshooting always is.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
JacquiES
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 August 17, 00:00:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hardly think I was whining but whatever.  I agreed that I thought it wasn't awesomemod because I searched those forums and saw nothing but I took it out anyway.  I have no CC and no other mods to remove (I have a no-dvd crack but I can't take that out obviously or I can't even start the game.  I did download a fresh one however), and I still have the issue.  I am assuming that something got messed up at some point between the last time I played the game and this time.  This isn't a huge deal as I barely play the game anymore, I just wanted to see if anyone else had this issue too but it seems like it is rare.  It seems strange that I lost items that actually come with the game but oh well.  I am off this week so I can just try doing a fresh install.  Do you think I need to reinstall each game or just reinstall ambitions?  The rest of them are working fine and as far as I can tell, the objects are all present in the game.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 August 17, 00:11:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am off this week so I can just try doing a fresh install.  Do you think I need to reinstall each game or just reinstall ambitions?  The rest of them are working fine and as far as I can tell, the objects are all present in the game.

If it was me, I would do everything.  You could just try AMB if you want, and check.  Before you do, make sure you check your framework, either method, and remember how it goes, that way you don't forget and come back whining that you can't get the mods to work anymore.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 August 17, 00:16:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you are going to use AM, I wouldn't use the crappy no-cd hacks.  They make it a lot harder to successfully update your game and could cause unintended problems.  AM has a no-cd hack which doesn't require replacing system files, so it is much better.

I'd also reinstall the entire game since you don't know what file got fucked up and is causing the problem.  Simply reinstalling ambitions might fix it, but it is better to do it right than do it half ass and still have your problem.
JacquiES
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 August 17, 00:31:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you are going to use AM, I wouldn't use the crappy no-cd hacks.  They make it a lot harder to successfully update your game and could cause unintended problems.  AM has a no-cd hack which doesn't require replacing system files, so it is much better.

I'd also reinstall the entire game since you don't know what file got fucked up and is causing the problem.  Simply reinstalling ambitions might fix it, but it is better to do it right than do it half ass and still have your problem.

Yeah, I might go back to just the regular game and not the no-dvd crack.  I think I got it back in the day to hold me over until awesomemod was updated for a new patch or expansion pack.

If it was me, I would do everything.  You could just try AMB if you want, and check.  Before you do, make sure you check your framework, either method, and remember how it goes, that way you don't forget and come back whining that you can't get the mods to work anymore.

Unfortunately, this is not my first go with having to uninstall and reinstall due to getting a new computer so I don't think I will be around here bothering you to help me with that.  I have done it at least twice before and I don't really get why everyone thinks it is so hard.

Thank you both for your help, between the patches and the store content, this game is really starting to become not worth my time!  I feel like I spend more time prepping it then actually playing it!
jriggs
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010 November 03, 03:35:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

???I have had a problem and I don't know if you can help me but I figured I would ask. My Sim keep becoming invisible. I don't know why it happens. Also my entire Sim family's skills are gone. like i go to slick on the skills bar and the entire box is empty. There are no skills at all like not even the names of the skills just an empty box. My Sims keep getting stuck and are not able to move and my maid is invisible as well. PLEASE HELP! Huh
Tever
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010 November 03, 03:38:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

???I have had a problem and I don't know if you can help me but I figured I would ask. My Sim keep becoming invisible. I don't know why it happens. Also my entire Sim family's skills are gone. like i go to slick on the skills bar and the entire box is empty. There are no skills at all like not even the names of the skills just an empty box. My Sims keep getting stuck and are not able to move and my maid is invisible as well. PLEASE HELP! Huh

Sounds corrupted. Trash you hood and start another.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: