More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 18:04:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  Where to find GOOD custom worlds?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Where to find GOOD custom worlds?  (Read 158882 times)
cassblonde
Exasperating Eyesore

Lazy Lurker

View Profile WWW
Where to find GOOD custom worlds?
« on: 2010 August 03, 11:30:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've found a couple one over at MTS but otherwise have been saddened by the lack of nice, well made TS3 custom worlds. Do any of you have a favorite?

I'm an apathetic sociopath, I'd kill you if I cared.
AnalogKid
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: Where to find GOOD custom worlds?
« Reply #1 on: 2010 August 03, 12:08:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Surprisingly, the BBS on the official site has some good ones. The one that stands out in my mind readily is one called Neverglade. Pretty damn impressive sculpting, painting, and planning.

EDIT: Neverglade can be found here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/191704.page
« Last Edit: 2010 August 03, 12:41:52 by AnalogKid » Logged
ascarrott
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 August 03, 14:23:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also on the BBS or what ever it is now, there is a list of worlds here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/162095.page
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 August 03, 15:15:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I recommend Red County. Or Overlook Bay Build Template, if you don't mind a blank map with glitchy water (which I have mostly covered up)
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 August 03, 15:16:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Surprisingly, the BBS on the official site has some good ones. The one that stands out in my mind readily is one called Neverglade. Pretty damn impressive sculpting, painting, and planning.

EDIT: Neverglade can be found here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/191704.page

Hmm, I went to that link at the BBS and saw this gem in that thread's replies:

Quote from: BBStard
Okk then
im also wondering how to use this "mediafire" dowload side. im totally stuck and it pretty confusing! can u tell me how ?

That makes our tards look like Einstein.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
zepherine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 August 03, 15:22:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is a subject near and dear to me.  I have downloaded and tested MANY custom worlds, and most of them were seriously lacking in one or more respects.  By far and away the most perfect I have discovered is "Saskan Harbor," an offering from a Scottish Simmer whose BBC user name is "Johnnywr ."

This creation is artistically beautiful to play.  I run my Sims around this world with the viewing angle set to horizontal or close, as the passing scenery in this little gem is spectacular.  The creator has paid meticulous attention to details, placing many trees, glazing the mountaintops with ice, and not forgetting the little details such as adequate spawners throughout.  

Also, this world is not too small, and there is plenty of room for expansion.  The custom homes are simple, yet highly playable, and perfect for upgrading, so they function especially efficiently for the architect profession.  I have had much trouble with lots that could NOT be upgraded in any manner that was satisfying in this respect.

The only caveat I can think of is that the lots from "Ambitions" must be manually added, but this is no big deal.  I don't think this world could dissapoint anyone.  A close runner-up would be "Liberty Bay."  I can't remember where I found it, but "Googling" should produce results.

Here is the creator's forum link:  the dowload link is on this page as well.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/166857.page
« Last Edit: 2010 August 03, 23:17:11 by zepherine » Logged
cassblonde
Exasperating Eyesore

Lazy Lurker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2010 August 03, 15:50:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you all for your suggestions so far - this should keep my busy for a while.

Baron
uknortherner
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 August 03, 16:00:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That makes our tards look like Einstein.

Another choice quote is actually the first reply:

Quote from: BBStard3497
Oh I dont have World Adventures.  If I did I would download it. You should make a version without the WA features.

You get that, CC creator? You should make a version without WA because I demandz it!

Actually, I don't have WA either and it's the main reason why I don't download custom worlds, which is a shame because some of these worlds, especially these two linked in this thread look absolutely stunning.

INTJ (44/12/38/67).
"We're building into all of our games the ability to pay for things along the way, and consumers are enjoying and embracing that way of the business." -EA CFO Blake Jorgensen
SickLaxBro
Asinine Airhead

Bleh

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 August 03, 17:41:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find that no matter how good a custom world is, it just doesn't feel the way you want it too. That's why I liked Sims 2. It was easy to make your own neighborhood the way you wanted it to be.

I've tried Neverglade and Liberty Bay before. Both are decent.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 August 03, 19:18:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find that no matter how good a custom world is, it just doesn't feel the way you want it too.
This is why you make your own. It's a pain in the ass to get the hang of, though.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
SickLaxBro
Asinine Airhead

Bleh

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 August 03, 19:26:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find that no matter how good a custom world is, it just doesn't feel the way you want it too.
This is why you make your own. It's a pain in the ass to get the hang of, though.

That's the problem though. Requires a lot of trial and error and patience. I've sent a few hours on it so far, and I'm starting to get the hang of it.

Hopefully, I'll be able to create a world that feels like me soon.
jrcaporal
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 August 03, 19:59:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Coconut Island was a good one, I think it was posted here some time ago.

Nothing to see here.
cassblonde
Exasperating Eyesore

Lazy Lurker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2010 August 03, 20:04:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I played with Coconut Island and it was beautiful and playable.  There were too many bug spawners for me and not enough of everything else so I only played with it a little before I uninstalled it.

deathlypale
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010 August 03, 21:52:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(Pokes head out of the shadows)
 I really feel the need to mention a really different world I recently found, I do not want to be linking youtube here so just put "candy land sims3" in a you tube search, it will be the first hit, this world is just so different and bright, the same person (Tzmsims ) also did another world, Sunset Valley The Aftermath, that one is pretty cool too, both have download links on youtube. 
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010 August 03, 22:42:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the worlds at MySimsRealty. Cape Cavell is my favorite.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
Sarafina
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010 August 03, 22:50:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Sims Realty worlds are nice, but I will warn everyone that most of the ones there have the whole neighborhood built in the same style (i.e. every house has the same overall look as they all use the same siding/bricks and same palate and type of build mode objects) and that bothered me a bit.  I know neighborhoods can be like that, but having everyone in town have the same colors on their houses is yuck.  The neighborhoods are lovely and playable, so it's a personal thing.

I second Neverglade, been playing it for weeks and absolutely love it.
Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010 August 03, 22:55:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I have downloaded and tried something like 19 worlds. I like variety.  Smiley

I also love SimRealtor's worlds although I haven't tried Cape Cavell; she does quality work and always includes houses and sometimes sims or a saved game. She will often also post additional lots to place in her worlds. Other favorites include Heartbreak Island by Rflong7, Fort Sim by ehaught58 (who has some of the most unique community lots I've ever seen and who has also posted additional lots to place in your game), and Red County by coasterboi, which has a cool city / CA coast vibe. I also thought Coconut Island was a lot of fun, and really like Fargo posted here by The Goddess; I understand she's going to have an AMB update soon which I'm looking forward to downloading.

Johnnywyr's world is called Saskan Harbour and when I played it last, I had a lot of routing issues and resulting freezes. I also tried Neverglade and I know it's very popular, and can't really put my finger on why, but my reaction was 'eh'. The only other world mentioned that I haven't tried is Liberty Bay, so I guess I'll try that one next.
zepherine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2010 August 03, 23:06:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Sims Realty worlds are nice, but I will warn everyone that most of the ones there have the whole neighborhood built in the same style (i.e. every house has the same overall look as they all use the same siding/bricks and same palate and type of build mode objects) and that bothered me a bit.  I know neighborhoods can be like that, but having everyone in town have the same colors on their houses is yuck.  The neighborhoods are lovely and playable, so it's a personal thing.

I agree that My Sims Realty worlds are nice, but I personally find the homes to be more than a major annoyance.  The front door in most lots steps into the kitchen, and in a preponderance of the homes, there is no dining area, nor room to put one.  The worlds themselves are lovely.  I especially like "Glen Meadow," but I deleted it because I got so irritated by the badly designed and cramped custom homes.  

Fort Sims  by ehaught58 has terrific lots, but an indifferent attention to detail in the overall design of the world downgrades it significantly in my opinion.  And there were few if any spawners included.

Heartbreak Island is very good, well designed and great playability.  I just felt that the "Broken Heart" theme was a little cutesy and overdone.  But that's a subjective matter.  The world itself is very good.  

Also, try "Longview," which I cannot find fault with.  It's good looking, numerous lots and room for expansion.  But not as beautiful as "Saskan Harbor," in my opinion.  And as for routing issues in "Saskan Harbour," I have not found that to be a problem at all.  Perhaps different versions have been uploaded?
« Last Edit: 2010 August 03, 23:13:53 by zepherine » Logged
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2010 August 04, 10:41:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I reckon Red County at the BBS is pretty good. Based on LA and it is HUGE! Most lots are furnished and filling it with Sims shouldn't be a problem with spawnmoreoverlords.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2010 August 04, 10:49:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Simsample made Sanctuary, which is actually really nice, but very large. He also includes custom lots.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2010 August 04, 13:11:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think we should make one based on your FAT, STUPID HEAD, so that we can EXPLODE IT like the FAT, HYDROGEN-FILLED BALLOON that it is.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
zepherine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2010 August 04, 20:30:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Simsample made Sanctuary, which is actually really nice, but very large. He also includes custom lots.

Yes, I just downloaded this world from your link, BlueSoup, and it's very promising so far!  It even includes an opening video, which I have never seen another custom creator succeed in doing. 

I'm still editing it, but I like the large size, and that the creator has included tombs and hidden dive wells intrigues me, too.   Good find!

dolldrms
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2010 August 04, 23:06:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have and enjoy Sanctuary very much also.  I had some irritating freezes that occurred until I marked the lot under the dome and the offshore island as no visitors.  The freezes stopped after that.

Another good world is the updated WA version of Niua Simoa by Kiwi_Tea.  It is prepopulated, also has the intro flyover and tombs, too.  It is located here: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=389287
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2010 August 05, 22:12:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't use the homes that come with the worlds, I replace with my own. I like MSR (MySimsRealty) worlds cause they are easy to play and have more variety in lot sizes.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2010 August 05, 22:33:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The neighborhood having a similar look is something Simrealtor is actually very proud of, and at least you don't have to spend hours setting up the 'hood unless you really want to. The houses never bothered me, and some I actually like, but that's probably because I like variety and that includes houses, too. At any rate you're of course going to get different opinions about the worlds and their content.

There was a thread on the official BB a few months back. It was not the one that lists all the worlds, this one asked people for opinions. The worlds that I saw listed the most often by different people were the ones I tried out, because I figure if a lot of people have something good to say about them, then there must be something positive there. But of course to each their own!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: