More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 10:06:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Game won't load
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Game won't load  (Read 22208 times)
Chandria
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Game won't load
« Reply #25 on: 2010 August 30, 19:03:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The aweconf.package file goes in the same folder as awesome.package.

Have you tried putting the d3dx9_31.dll back into ALL the  Program Files EP/SP /Game/Bin locations?

It DOES make a difference for some players. (It did for me.)

Also, which Resource.cfg file are you using?

"Tact? What good is tact? I've tried that on people and they still don't do what I want!"

Originally joined 9/3/2008, then got lost in the purge.
shelzj
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2010 August 30, 19:28:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Using the Resource file that was linked in the instructions on SJActress. The aweconfig.package is in the same folder as awesome.package (when I tried to just generate and run it- it said no valid path was found!) I will try to put the d3dx9_31.dll back into my program files. I am hoping it is still in my recycle bin because I removed it a while ago Sad
shelzj
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2010 August 30, 19:38:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tried restoring the d3dx9_31.dll back into base and all EPs game/bin and it still says the same thing when I try to run the game.
Chandria
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2010 August 30, 20:00:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I took a look at the Simius pics and the Resource.cfg file.  I think the problem might be that your Resource.cfg file is NOT setup for the
the way the pictures show the setup to be. 

Drag and drop all the other folders into your Packages folder until the ONLY TWO things in your Mods folder are the Resource.cfg and the Packages folder.
Like this:
Sims 3 ->Mods
                  Resource.cfg
                  Packages->
                                 Awesome
                                 Overrides
                                 Testing
                                  etc....

Delete your cache.package files and see if it starts (try it both with and without the dll file).

"Tact? What good is tact? I've tried that on people and they still don't do what I want!"

Originally joined 9/3/2008, then got lost in the purge.
shelzj
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2010 August 30, 21:30:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tried both ways- still says the same thing. Grr...I'm so frustrated. I'll keep looking.
SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

Suck it, Jesus! This avatar is my God now!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2010 August 31, 06:26:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Click here and find the link to a Resource.cfg. I'm wondering if the one I linked to in the install post is fucked up. I doubt it, but I can't modify the post anymore.

If it still doesn't work, you fucked up. If it DOES, say so; I'll get the install post fixed.

Who doesn't like kitties? KITTIES! They're cute! They're fuzzy!
Try this before posting, n00b.
columbia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2010 September 01, 02:39:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry if I'm coming across as an idiot, which I am not, but I've been all over this site and several others trying to find out where in the world I can get the Aweconf.package file. I understand it is necessary if you want to change any of the default options in Awesomemod...at least that's what is seemed like from the 9 page Readme I printed out that is a terrific volume of information regarding what the Mod does but doesn't seem to explain how to change it, leading me to assume ( I know, ass u me) that the aweconf file will take care of it nicely. I downloaded the mod yesterday and the only thing that came with the file was the awesome.package file. Oh... I finally got the game to load with the mod but this seemed like an easy/active thread to beg the question... :-)

Thanks!
Tever
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2010 September 01, 02:58:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry if I'm coming across as an idiot, which I am not, but I've been all over this site and several others trying to find out where in the world I can get the Aweconf.package file. I understand it is necessary if you want to change any of the default options in Awesomemod...at least that's what is seemed like from the 9 page Readme I printed out that is a terrific volume of information regarding what the Mod does but doesn't seem to explain how to change it, leading me to assume ( I know, ass u me) that the aweconf file will take care of it nicely. I downloaded the mod yesterday and the only thing that came with the file was the awesome.package file. Oh... I finally got the game to load with the mod but this seemed like an easy/active thread to beg the question... :-)

Thanks!

...You couldn't be bothered to read the rest of the thread where you downloaded AM, then? Cause it's not exactly hidden.
columbia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2010 September 01, 05:32:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, it isn't on the thread I downloaded AM from. I did eventually find a thread that DID give a link to the aweconfig site to generate the package file.

For those of you who so ENJOY calling us tards and idiots and all sorts of lovely names because we are looking for help, finding answers isn't as easy as you deem it to be. There are any number of ways you can word your search and just as many times will come up with completely different results. Don't assume that we've NOT spent hours going through the forums (on several sites) or Googling until our fingers bleed. Don't assume that typing in a reasonable phrase will magically give us exactly the thread we need. Don't assume that your insults and coarse language will send us scurrying in fear and set us on the straight and narrow path because most of us truly have done the footwork and still come up empty-handed.

So, no thank you Tever for your unwillingness to help and be sure YOU get your facts straight before dealing out the sarcasm.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2010 September 01, 05:33:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a link in the first fucking post of the awesomemod download thread.

INFP or something
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2010 September 01, 06:33:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, it isn't on the thread I downloaded AM from.

Yes, yes it is. For the first post says this near the bottom:

For those wishing to pick and choose features, you can use the online AwesomeMod Configuration Tool.
Or you can hack the XML yourself. Up to you.

Click AM configuration tool. I don't know about on your browser, but on mine on that post, that font looks kinda different then the rest surrounding it, indicating that it is in fact a link.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Tever
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2010 September 01, 06:35:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, it isn't on the thread I downloaded AM from. I did eventually find a thread that DID give a link to the aweconfig site to generate the package file.

For those of you who so ENJOY calling us tards and idiots and all sorts of lovely names because we are looking for help, finding answers isn't as easy as you deem it to be. There are any number of ways you can word your search and just as many times will come up with completely different results. Don't assume that we've NOT spent hours going through the forums (on several sites) or Googling until our fingers bleed. Don't assume that typing in a reasonable phrase will magically give us exactly the thread we need. Don't assume that your insults and coarse language will send us scurrying in fear and set us on the straight and narrow path because most of us truly have done the footwork and still come up empty-handed.

So, no thank you Tever for your unwillingness to help and be sure YOU get your facts straight before dealing out the sarcasm.

Like I said: not exactly hidden.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2010 September 01, 06:53:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Idiot.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
keirra
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2010 September 01, 07:15:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2010 September 01, 07:52:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I see at last what the problem is! You can't read, and are too stupid to know that if it's fucking UNDERLINED, it's a fucking LINK to something - you don't even need to be able to read to follow an underlined link! That surely explains everything.

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
shelzj
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2010 September 01, 12:26:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok SJActress it wasn't your link.  I tried everything and double checked everything. I finally decided to once again unload all my EP's and base game and reload them. I checked each one as I went and when I finally got to the last (ambitions) it was doing the same thing. I found out that my EA download manager had somehow got f'd up. I purged it and downloaded a new one, put Awesome back in and it is now working. Thank you for all the help.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: