More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 06:23:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Profession searching problem
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Profession searching problem  (Read 2834 times)
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
Profession searching problem
« on: 2010 July 21, 03:07:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alright I got bored and decided to move my family from Twinbrook to Sunset Valley. I've already placed all the required rabbit holes for Sunset Valley that came with Ambitions, but am now experiencing a problem.

The problem  am having is I am sending my sim to look for a profession on either the PC or the Newspaper, but she searches for a second and then stops, not allowing me to choose a profession for her.

I have tried taking out all my mods, and even AwesomeMod, but am still experiencing this problem. I have googled it, but all it could give me was guides on what the professions do, I did a search on this website and got some  "guess this!" thread, so I know it hasn't been asked in specifics here.

I am able to pick up professions by going to the building directly however.

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
Re: Profession searching problem
« Reply #1 on: 2010 July 21, 03:19:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

so I know it hasn't been asked in specifics here.

WRONG.  It has been discussed here, go over to the AM bug reporting thread, and start there, it had been discussed recently.  Then stop starting new posts about shit already being covered.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 July 21, 04:45:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

WRONG.  It has been discussed here, go over to the AM bug reporting thread, and start there, it had been discussed recently.  Then stop starting new posts about shit already being covered.

Last time you told me that, I pointed out that my post was actually made BEFORE it was being discussed, so get your dates right.

Second off, when I typed in the search the result was what I stated, I also said I removed my mods INCLUDING awesomemod so did not believe it to be a mod issue, therefore I did not see a reason to search through all the bug reports on the AwesomeMod thread, as to me the issue did not involve AwesomeMod. So I arrived at the conclusion that I best ask if perhaps this was a GAME issue rather then that of an AwesomeMod one.

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 July 21, 05:04:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And I can't reproduce this. Works fine for me.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 July 21, 07:06:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Last time you told me that, I pointed out that my post was actually made BEFORE it was being discussed, so get your dates right.
What are you babbling on about, I haven't mentioned this before with you.  It was mentioned in the bug thread on the 20th, and probably even earlier, but can't be bothered looking for it, before you started this thread, so my dates are right fuckwit.

Second off, when I typed in the search the result was what I stated, I also said I removed my mods INCLUDING awesomemod so did not believe it to be a mod issue, therefore I did not see a reason to search through all the bug reports on the AwesomeMod thread, as to me the issue did not involve AwesomeMod. So I arrived at the conclusion that I best ask if perhaps this was a GAME issue rather then that of an AwesomeMod one.

If you had searched properly, and bothered looking instead of assuming, you would have seen the posts, and the reply from the FOJ, which is the same as the one he gave here.  If you knew anything, you also would know that many EAxian bugs get reported in the AM bug thread in the hopes that the FOJ can quash them, while others place the EAxian bugs in the AM request section, which is why you need to search the ENTIRE site looking for previously posted problems and answers, not just where you assume they will, or might be.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: