More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 11:36:49

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Stupid Sims 3 patch
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Stupid Sims 3 patch  (Read 57675 times)
gumbyscout
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Stupid Sims 3 patch
« Reply #50 on: 2010 July 14, 00:56:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

According to the official site the launcher will always patch only the base game and the most recent EP or SP. This makes me wonder whether manually patching the other expansions nevertheless is actually a good or necessary thing.
I am asking myself this also because upgrading to Ambitions has borked more things in WA than just the excavation sites when on vacation as I have now been lucky to discover after playing France last night (see the What's borked thread). But as I am on a Mac I cannot update manually anyway at the moment as I haven't found a manual download on simsprograms yet. (Are there other sites, btw?)
I tried loading a save and it got stuck almost finishing loading. I think that would work if didn't already have everything else patched.

That may be an unrelated issue. Try temporarily removing or disabling all your mods and custom content and seeing if it will load. If not then try a new game (again without custom content and mods).

If you get the game to load in those instances it's likely some old mod or downloaded content causing the issue.

In theory, you shouldn't explicitly need old episodes patched as long as the base game and most recent episode are.
It was unrelated. Super computer was causing it to not load. It would still be nice to be able to update world adventures though :/.

windandsummer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2010 July 14, 01:45:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just wanted to mention how much I love you sick twisted bastards. EA latest patched utterly fucked my game. Couldn't get it to work was getting the "base game is not compatible blah.." even trying to install the other patches didn't work. However the patch utility talked about above from mod the sims worked perfectly. Its fixed now. Apparently the launcher had decided that to delete some of WA updates. "Why do they pay the ppl who work at EA?". Anyways thanks for the help.
Mosquito
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2010 July 14, 08:56:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Consider yourselves happy, people. I can`t even patch. I`m getting an "invalid file found" crap every single fucking time. -_-

Fun facts - I`m doing a manual installation, AMB, HELS and WA patched w/o any problems, and I`m not using cracked .exe or .dll files (AM is just fine, thankyouverymuch). Never had patching issues before (as in - never), so where the hell is this patch pulling that invalid file from? And it`s so fast, I can`t even SEE which file it`s referring to. I just might uninstall this game and leave it like that. More free space on my HDD, less nervous breakdowns.

Thanks for feeling me like a 12, EA. No, really...
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2010 July 14, 09:03:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found that too until I downloaded the utility. My game didn't like the version of the patch I was using (I had ignored a patch and was therefore trying to use the link patch and a bridging patch). The utility found me a single patch file that my game sucked happily right up.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Mosquito
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2010 July 14, 10:37:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

MM, are you referring to TS3 patch downloader? Well, I tried every other woodoo, so I might as well give it a shot. Here walks a man who`s got nothing to loose...
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2010 July 14, 12:28:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's the widget. My game simply didn't like an older WA patch and it was the whole problem with me getting Awesome to work after my game self-patched Ambitions. That auto-patcher utility grabbed exactly the patch my game was lacking and downloaded it on request. I crossed my fingers and ran the executable and 'et wala ce manifique (as my grandfather used to say) away I went back to a game that worked (or some semblance there-of).

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: 2010 July 14, 16:30:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Keep in mind that if you are reinstalling, that anything you changed before uninstalling will *still be there* and cause invalid file issues. I don't think a lot of people realize that uninstalling doesn't remove altered files, you have to do that yourself afterward.
Lorina
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2010 July 15, 23:35:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a way that I can patch without getting altered my sims and houses with CC (from the Store, obviously)? I made a stupid mistake and I'll have to uninstall WA, then AMB and then the patch... will I lose my CC? How can I evite it? Backing up before uninstalling and then replacing after installing will help?
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2010 July 15, 23:58:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a way that I can patch without getting altered my sims and houses with CC (from the Store, obviously)? I made a stupid mistake and I'll have to uninstall WA, then AMB and then the patch... will I lose my CC? How can I evite it? Backing up before uninstalling and then replacing after installing will help?

I am going to be blunt and say from reading your other posts, your lack of ability to find such information which already exists here and elsewhere coupled with the kind of in depth, For Dummies, simplistic yet detailed hand holding help you seem to require you are probably better suited going elsewhere like Mod the Sims.

Start here: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Uninstall

That's the Uninstall section. Read through the part about backing up your files and how to restore them later when you reinstall, then read through the clean uninstall process, then pick the version you will be running (ie which expansions and patch) and read through 'after the uninstall I want to reinstall with expansion packs' section and then finally the installing package files section and subsections.

Yes it's a lot of information so take the time to read through it and clearly understand it. Then make sure you follow all their instructions.

And if you have questions ask someone at Mod the Sims. Tongue They have to be nice to you. Niceness is enforced there even for those who need, shall we say, extra help.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2010 July 16, 00:21:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And if you have questions ask someone at Mod the Sims. Tongue They have to be nice to you. Niceness is enforced there even for those who need, shall we say, extra help.
Not to mention a helmet.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Simulate
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2010 July 16, 00:47:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Please help me.  Smiley

I  must be doing something wrong.  Angry

Why can't I enjoy the problems other people do.

Alll my upgrades seem to work, why will they not fail.  Cry

I seem to be missing a lot of fun from the upgrade process.  Wink

J. M. Pescado: "Closing this one as an ID: 10T error."
Lorina
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2010 July 16, 17:00:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am going to be blunt and say from reading your other posts, your lack of ability to find such information which already exists here and elsewhere coupled with the kind of in depth, For Dummies, simplistic yet detailed hand holding help you seem to require you are probably better suited going elsewhere like Mod the Sims.

Start here: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Uninstall

That's the Uninstall section. Read through the part about backing up your files and how to restore them later when you reinstall, then read through the clean uninstall process, then pick the version you will be running (ie which expansions and patch) and read through 'after the uninstall I want to reinstall with expansion packs' section and then finally the installing package files section and subsections.

Yes it's a lot of information so take the time to read through it and clearly understand it. Then make sure you follow all their instructions.

Ok... If I post here it's because I don't find a solution elsewhere (one that I can understand since, OBVIOUSLY, I am not a computer wiz)... thanks Motoki I've read that steps, it hasn't worked for me... I prefer "blunt" but working. This is like my problem with Riverview, It's just that my IQ has a negative value or I'm cursed.
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2010 July 17, 09:50:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It works me! After reinstalling the whole fucking thing...

Oh and 0.0.0.0 won't go away no matter who many fixes I try. So i guess it's gonna be uninstalling the basegame, reinstalling it and patching from retail from now on.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2010 July 17, 16:58:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've read that steps, it hasn't worked for me... I prefer "blunt" but working. This is like my problem with Riverview, It's just that my IQ has a negative value or I'm cursed.
The steps work. If they are not working for you, it is because you are not following them. It isn't our job to hand-hold you or spend hours making up for your stupidity.

I had to uninstall an expansion pack and reinstall due to a changed file with this patch. I managed to do so without coming here to whine about it, nor did I even need to check some guide. It's a rather elementary process.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Indiasong
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2010 July 17, 23:41:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was unrelated. Super computer was causing it to not load. It would still be nice to be able to update world adventures though :/.
I have the same problem with the same patch and an untouched game.
Lorina
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2010 July 18, 02:50:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've read that steps, it hasn't worked for me... I prefer "blunt" but working. This is like my problem with Riverview, It's just that my IQ has a negative value or I'm cursed.
The steps work. If they are not working for you, it is because you are not following them. It isn't our job to hand-hold you or spend hours making up for your stupidity.

I had to uninstall an expansion pack and reinstall due to a changed file with this patch. I managed to do so without coming here to whine about it, nor did I even need to check some guide. It's a rather elementary process.

good for you... so why are you posting?
keirra
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2010 July 18, 03:26:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Duh, she posted to call you a dumbass.
« Last Edit: 2010 July 18, 03:32:01 by keirra » Logged
Lorina
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2010 July 18, 03:27:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh... haven't find it out...

Duh, she posted to call  you a dumbass.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2010 July 18, 04:01:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh... haven't find it out...

Duh, she posted to call  you a dumbass.

Maybe you should uninstall the game and call it a day?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2010 July 18, 13:20:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe you should uninstall your FAT HEAD and call it a day.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
NoShitSherlock
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2010 July 20, 22:45:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Super Computer is dead, so if you're using that, that's why your game is borked. It's been mentioned several times in this thread. It's been replaced with master controller. If you're not using it, then it's some other mod you have screwing with your game. Try taking the damn custom content out and putting it back in piece by piece.
Lorina
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2010 July 21, 17:32:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No Super Computer.
No another mod that AM.
Custom Content all from store.

I uninstalled my FAT AND OUTRAGEOUS HEAD, then my game. Yes, I did the steps from modthesims and the backup too.
Patched. Finally, with no mistakes. Now I'm 1.14/2.9/4.2. Installed the framework, so I don't have the not-filling-loadingbar-problem I had with the last patch.
The CustomContent is showing up in the game. I didn't lose my saved games.
Everything is OK. Just a LOT of crashes to desktop when I move through any of my sims' houses. I hope this could be due to DEP, what I'm going to test now.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2010 July 21, 17:37:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I uninstalled my FAT AND OUTRAGEOUS HEAD

That was meant for Bluesoup, although if your head is also fat and outrageous by all means go ahead and uninstall yours too.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Lorina
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2010 July 21, 19:51:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yeah... it worked... even that about uninstalling my head.
Finally, all appears to be OK, till the next patch.
snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2010 July 21, 20:03:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I uninstalled my FAT AND OUTRAGEOUS HEAD

That was meant for Bluesoup, although if your head is also fat and outrageous by all means go ahead and uninstall yours too.

Should we assume the condition is catching?  STAY AWAY!  I do not wish my head to be fat and outrageous.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: