More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 17:20:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here  (Read 2152094 times)
Drakron
Anime Fapper
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Re: The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here
« Reply #250 on: 2010 August 07, 18:45:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looks like it comes from one of those old cowboy movies from the 60's were everyone seem to been color blind or had REALLY bad taste and we had to wait until the Italians shown everyone how the Wild West looked like in color (that was next-gen ... with less bloom).
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: 2010 August 07, 19:12:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Wild West *WASN'T* in color. Don't you know anything? Back in the old days, everything was actually in black and white. Color hadn't been invented yet. Even when I was young, color was still considered a novelty and most things were still in black and white. The addition of color to westerns is actually one of those concessions to modern viewers, much like sounds-in-space. The real thing would have been in black and white.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #252 on: 2010 August 07, 19:32:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looks more like the shirt Marty Mcfly had to wear in Back to the Future 3. Does it have tassels?

darsky
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: 2010 August 08, 07:49:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Wild West *WASN'T* in color. Don't you know anything? Back in the old days, everything was actually in black and white. Color hadn't been invented yet. Even when I was young, color was still considered a novelty and most things were still in black and white. The addition of color to westerns is actually one of those concessions to modern viewers, much like sounds-in-space. The real thing would have been in black and white.

Further proof of Pescado's factoid is that Mighty Mouse was Black and White.  He was REAL.  Howdy Doody, however, was a poser (He PRETENDED to be a cowboy, too!).
Phthon
Blathering Buffoon

Death is but the next great adventure.

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: 2010 August 08, 16:55:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

oh yeah, and apparently if you still have an old black & white tv you can change it to color by putting a nylon stocking over it. (probably needs to be a LARGE nylon stocking...)

I thought about being born again, but my mother refused.
zveki
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: 2010 August 09, 18:48:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could anyone share  Slight Scuffle male hair please?
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: 2010 August 09, 18:52:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could anyone share  Slight Scuffle male hair please?

It's in the Romanza Bridal Party set which has been posted recently here several times.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
BeasterBabe
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: 2010 August 10, 13:43:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey for some reason the store packs aren't installing right. So yeah I get them on my desktop as .sims3pack and then double click on them and wait for it to finish, then click on it in my launcher and install it to game, but when I open my game it doesn't show at all! What the blizzy is going on? Thats not mentioning the more recent store items don't work at all...
Lissy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: 2010 August 10, 14:43:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey for some reason the store packs aren't installing right. So yeah I get them on my desktop as .sims3pack and then double click on them and wait for it to finish, then click on it in my launcher and install it to game, but when I open my game it doesn't show at all! What the blizzy is going on? Thats not mentioning the more recent store items don't work at all...

If you want to install through the launcher, you need to decrapify and recompress the files. You can find the programs you need and the instructions right here on this board.
Louisb
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: 2010 August 11, 18:19:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been away from the game for a long time, but this may be of help to my fellow Mactards:

I've been using 3viewer (which is Java and therefore cross-platform) to install CC. AFAIK it works fine with batch installations (assuming you choose the correct installation paths of course). No decrapifying necessary.
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: 2010 August 11, 18:38:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's true. Decrapifying is only necessary if you want to install via the launcher, OR if you decrapified your other files (Saves, library, etc.). I did this when I was playing under boot camp for awhile, and so now decrapify all my downloads before putting them in the game.

I sing along with elevator music.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: 2010 August 11, 19:02:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, that works? Isn't there some XML value that marks them as paid content though? IIRC, decrapify changes that so it's no longer marked as paid content.

I guess that value is only really used by the launcher, but I don't trust EA not to change the game itself at some point so that it checks it too.

Louisb
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: 2010 August 11, 19:11:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It seemed to work fine the last time I did it - the Montalcino car appeared in the catalog when I installed that, for example.

Ah...

Now that I've tried installing quite a bit more store CC (up to "May 2010" according to this particular torrent), it seems that the game's launch time is noticeably slowed by its presence, to the point that it doesn't get past the initial splash screen when I installed all 292 files.

I divided my content into three batches of 100 sims3packs each, and the game launched, albeit slowly, with any one of the three batches, so I think the issue is not a particular borked CC. More experimentation may be called for. (Of course maybe this is a known issue that I have forgotten about.)
JoWe
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: 2010 August 12, 07:28:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What the hell is that grey thing in the glass?

Thanks anyway BTW!  Cheesy

It referes to the original Agyptian one Wink

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stein_von_Rosette

Greetz
Adelajde
Asinine Airhead

I hate EA

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: 2010 August 12, 11:34:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Weird thing, i just downloaded the new store (provance, puschin pedals etc) stuff, i run it through sr3s and decapify as im doing always, but this items wont show up in the game.The laucher is showing it up as installed....
Could you help me?Maybe some of you had the same problem
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: 2010 August 12, 14:33:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Weird thing, i just downloaded the new store (provance, puschin pedals etc) stuff, i run it through sr3s and decapify as im doing always, but this items wont show up in the game.The laucher is showing it up as installed....
Could you help me?Maybe some of you had the same problem

It worked for me.  Try redownloading the decrapifier; maybe you have an older version.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
SimVeggie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: 2010 August 12, 14:56:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does Anyone have the newest Dr.Pepper dress and hair style separate?  All I can find are combined packs.

File names are afBodyGownEveningTwist and  afHairDrPepUpdoSophisticated either .sims3packs or .package

Thanks
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: 2010 August 12, 16:05:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does Anyone have the newest Dr.Pepper dress and hair style separate?  All I can find are combined packs.

File names are afBodyGownEveningTwist and  afHairDrPepUpdoSophisticated either .sims3packs or .package

Thanks

In general, we frown upon people asking for specific files to be posted for them because they are too lazy to get a combined pack and fish the files they want out of them. However in this case I posted them on page 7 of this very thread:

Next time look through the threads more. If you are looking for items released in July, check the posts in this thread and the store downloads thread around July. If you still don't find them then just get the combined pack and yank out what you want. I guarantee it's faster than waiting for someone else to post it.

SimVeggie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: 2010 August 12, 16:50:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well heck I don't know how I missed them  Undecided 
Thank you!

Now I'll have to go looking to see if I can find some info on how to pick apart compiled .packages. In case I need do so In the future.

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: 2010 August 12, 17:01:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AFAIK, all the Dr. Pepper items are individual and don't actually come in sets. When people pack them up as group I believe they are just throwing them all together into one zip file.

If you get them as sims3packs and need it as a package use Delphy's Sims3Pack MultiExtractor or 3Viewer if you are on a Mac.

ETA: It seems these 'packs' of store items in package format made by Panama Crew are all shoved together into one package, including Dr. Pepper stuff. Never having bothered to download the store files in package format before I never noticed this. It's a huge pain in the ass to separate files once they've been shoved together, but on the flip side I know how to combine separate files if I really want to.

At any rate, if you just want specific files it's easier to just get the sims3packs and then if you need a package extract them yourself with the tools I linked above.
« Last Edit: 2010 August 12, 18:46:27 by Motoki » Logged

Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #270 on: 2010 August 12, 18:54:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The other thread for store releases has links to the sims3packs. One of the file hosters has them zipped by month of release, the other has them all separate. Generally avoid anyone that pre-combines .package files or pre-decrapifies their files and do it yourself. It's extremely easy and this will save you hassles down the road.

Phthon
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: 2010 August 12, 19:31:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The other thread for store releases has links to the sims3packs. One of the file hosters has them zipped by month of release, the other has them all separate. Generally avoid anyone that pre-combines .package files or pre-decrapifies their files and do it yourself. It's extremely easy and this will save you hassles down the road.

I have also found it useful to keep a copy of the sims3packs undecrapified (is that even a word?). I have a couple of external terrabyte drives so space is not an issue.

BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: 2010 August 12, 22:59:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have also found it useful to keep a copy of the sims3packs undecrapified (is that even a word?).

It's not like decrapified is a word.
Phthon
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: 2010 August 12, 23:04:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It kinda is.

http://www.pcdecrapifier.com/

Try a google search.

dragonic
Blathering Buffoon

Lurker extraordinaire

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: 2010 August 13, 14:44:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1.  crapify
    To render something crappy; to make something not as enjoyable
    "Dude, that fool is really crapifying this party."

So decrapify makes sense.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 134 Print