More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 06:06:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here
0 Members and 4 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here  (Read 2152256 times)
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Re: The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here
« Reply #150 on: 2010 July 15, 07:29:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

holy crap, could that live nation stuff be done any lazier? Square photo plastered on a shirt?

Not only that but it's not in Simlish script or pictures of Sims dressed up like those artists, it's just a direct copy and past of some real world poster.

I don't download user made custom content that uses real world pictures and contains English text so I won't be downloading this either.

Really, it looks like the most amateurish custom content in the community. It boggles my mind they think people will want to use their sim points for this.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
SNUGGLES
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 2010 July 15, 10:15:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Most of those live nation items do look like crap.  To top it off, I just read this following quote at the bottom of the live nation page.

" * To acquire these items you must have purchased SimPoints from The Sims 3 Store. You cannot solely use your promotional SimPoints on these items. Promotional SimPoints are points you received with purchase of a product or that were otherwise awarded free of charge. "

EA won't allow people to spend their "free" points on the items. 
richardajoy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 2010 July 15, 11:05:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Most of those live nation items do look like crap.  To top it off, I just read this following quote at the bottom of the live nation page.

" * To acquire these items you must have purchased SimPoints from The Sims 3 Store. You cannot solely use your promotional SimPoints on these items. Promotional SimPoints are points you received with purchase of a product or that were otherwise awarded free of charge. "

EA are a crock of s**t, talk about trying to rake in the coppers.
Lissy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 2010 July 15, 14:56:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So you have to buy 1000 SimPoints if you even want to have the privilege of being allowed to download that crap? Sh*theads.

The Dr. Pepper stuff looks pretty good, though. I like that chair, and the hair isn't half bad for EA standards either.
dragonic
Blathering Buffoon

Lurker extraordinaire

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 2010 July 15, 16:24:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I stumbled across this Korean filesharing site this morning. And no, I can't read the Korean language.

Download
Code:
http://tiny.cc/fojdb
Source
Code:
http://tiny.cc/agunq
pandora
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 2010 July 15, 18:55:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

is there a way to fool the game into thinking that the sims3packs are normal ones and not pirated stuff from the ea store? can i e.g. install them with third-party launchers? package files don't work for me anymore since i installed ambitions.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 2010 July 15, 19:06:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

pandora
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 2010 July 15, 19:15:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

nice pic but that does not help me at all  Roll Eyes
pkmx
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 2010 July 15, 19:39:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Search button will help you.
richardajoy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 2010 July 15, 20:26:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone been able to get the FREE special set: 2011 Ford Fiesta & Fiesta Urban Streetscape. It was advertised on Simprograms.
Count
PajamaRick
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 2010 July 15, 20:38:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone been able to get the FREE special set: 2011 Ford Fiesta & Fiesta Urban Streetscape. It was advertised on Simprograms.

*I am so going to Hell for this*   Tongue

Try 18 posts above yours (#145)...tickleonthetum has already posted it with several download links!

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 2010 July 15, 20:41:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

nice pic but that does not help me at all  Roll Eyes

I did help you in your other thread about your custom content not showing up which was also another case of you asking for information that was readily available because you are too lazy to search.

Packages do work. You just installed them wrong. You should address that first before attempting to add further items to your game.

Additionally, a method to bypass the checks on the store files and get the launcher to install them does exist. If you had searched and/or read these threads more you would have already known this.

You mean like this very post on the page before yours

Again with the laziness. If you had bothered to check you would have seen it and not needed to ask.

rum nate
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 2010 July 15, 21:24:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparently that disclaimer isn't true. JudHudson said that he was able to get the KISS pack and he's not bought Simpoints before.
A Gorilla To Be Remembered
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 2010 July 16, 02:26:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Got the 7 new Dr Pepper items (thanks!). I ran across a thread on the Sims 3 forum about the new Dr Pepper promo stuff. There are a few items that I haven't yet seen anywhere. I did a search and nothing popped up for these items. Anyone know if they're part of the new promo set, or are these old and I just overlooked them?

pkmx
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 2010 July 16, 02:51:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Got the 7 new Dr Pepper items (thanks!). I ran across a thread on the Sims 3 forum about the new Dr Pepper promo stuff. There are a few items that I haven't yet seen anywhere. I did a search and nothing popped up for these items. Anyone know if they're part of the new promo set, or are these old and I just overlooked them?

Yep, those are new items. I couldn't get them because I ran out of codes. Maybe tomorrow I get more.
Lissy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: 2010 July 17, 09:41:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, those are new items. I couldn't get them because I ran out of codes. Maybe tomorrow I get more.

I think there are ten new Dr. Pepper items in total. The gown, two shirts, the hair, a theatre chair, popcorn, two trophies, two wall hanging things.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 2010 July 17, 15:32:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think there are ten new Dr. Pepper items in total. The gown, two shirts, the hair, a theatre chair, popcorn, two trophies, two wall hanging things.

There's 3 wall hangings actually. The Golden Record, the Prized Jersey and the Starlet's Autograph, so there's 11 items total that are new for July.

So far they've all been posted except for the male and female versions of the shirt. pkmx and Drakron posted 7 of the items above and then I posted the dress and the hair.

I'm kind of meh on the shirt so I used my last two codes on the hair and dress instead, but if no one gets around to posting the shirts I will see if I can grab a couple more Dr. Pepper's with codes eventually.

Zoltan
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 2010 July 18, 04:27:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here are 7 Dr Pepper items. The chair, popcorn, llama award, football trophy, jersey, autograph and gold record.

Edit:
If you can't download the poster dragonic posted, here it is: Shakira Poster.

Those links dont go anywhere.
masonxxx
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 2010 July 18, 22:45:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dr Pepperīs Hot  Cheesy

Lissy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 2010 July 19, 08:47:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With the old Mods folder set-up my game simply refused to read combined package files. With the new setup of the Mods folder, it does read them and chokes - it takes 35 minutes to start the game and about as long to load the 'hood with the combined package installed, while both take about 5 minutes when I take the package back out.

It's probably a Mac thing, but really annoying.

Anyhow, thank heaven for this site where I can get the Dr Pepper stuff without having to swallow the soda...  Cool
Indiasong
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 2010 July 19, 21:26:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can anyone tell me what the BeachBedroom, Beachlivingsleep and Beachcas2set consist in? And where is the Islandvilla, and Beachbumming?Never mind, I downloaded them again, and I already had them with a different name.
And I have another question: the launcher used to be recursive, and now only sees what is in downloads, not in subfolders. Am I the only one with this issue?
« Last Edit: 2010 July 19, 23:10:40 by Indiasong » Logged
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 2010 July 20, 00:39:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can anyone tell me what the BeachBedroom, Beachlivingsleep and Beachcas2set consist in? And where is the Islandvilla, and Beachbumming?Never mind, I downloaded them again, and I already had them with a different name.
And I have another question: the launcher used to be recursive, and now only sees what is in downloads, not in subfolders. Am I the only one with this issue?
Why would you have subfolders in your Downloads folder?  The files are in your DCCache folder after you install a sims3pack.  It seems a little pointless to organize the sims3packs into little subfolders when the actual gameplay files are consolidated into massive DCB's.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 2010 July 20, 02:03:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why would you have subfolders in your Downloads folder?  The files are in your DCCache folder after you install a sims3pack.  It seems a little pointless to organize the sims3packs into little subfolders when the actual gameplay files are consolidated into massive DCB's.

I assume they do it for backup purposes like I do. Although, if that is the case, I don't see why you would want it looking in subfolders, because your launcher would be all cluttered with everything, and not just the shit you are installing now. I keep non-decrapified store items in a subfolder in downloads, once every month or so I delete the old store.dbc and make a new one that includes the newer sets. I also keep a few of my more used objects in their own folder, in case I need to delete something and rebuild the .dbc. It's easier then going into my backup drive and extracting all of them all over again. Or maybe Indiasong extracts the rars straight to Downloads and is bothered by the fact that in order for the Launcher to see them, they need to go remove them from any folders they may have been in within the rars.

Since I've been keeping the sims3packs backups in downloads, which has been a few months now, it has never seen into the subfolders.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 2010 July 20, 06:12:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I keep the original .sims3packs in subfolders on one of my HDDs. When I want to re-do the .dbc files I merely do a search on the CC root folder for *.sims3pack files, then copy/paste the whole bally lot to the downloads folder for processing with decrapify etc.

« Last Edit: 2010 July 20, 06:25:02 by witch » Logged

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
richardajoy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 2010 July 20, 12:17:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi all

I'm trying to minimise the size of my files and I've deleted the THUM parts from my packages files using S3PE, which I read on another site (the site said that even without the THUM parts, the game will automatically create thumnails). My query is, can the same be done with the DBC files in my DBCCACHE folder?

Thank you for your time.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: