More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 18:13:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  EAxian Spyware And YOU!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: EAxian Spyware And YOU!  (Read 101642 times)
Tever
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: EAxian Spyware And YOU!
« Reply #25 on: 2011 November 14, 13:31:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, heavens, no. No, I would click the .exe, and the game would give me a message popup and then refuse to run. This was a long time ago, and I don't remember the message. And I've since fixed the problem by pirating the base game anyway.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2011 November 14, 20:18:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My experience in the past was if the EADM or origin was installed then uninstalled, it seemed to bork the game somehow, but not installing those at all when doing a reinstall of everything, the game works just fine.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
YoungOldPrude
Corpulent Cretin

Cat-aholic

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2011 December 03, 00:06:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This pre-buy warning ("Includes software that collects data online necessary to provide and activate In-Game Advertising for all The Sims 3 products previously or hereafter installed") has been on TS3's boxes since Ambitions was released, but it's starting to take on a whole new reality. Say hello to in-game advertisements, coming your way early 2012!

It sounds like the one EP I won't be buying. Except...does it really matter if I abstain? They usually find a way to incorporate crap like this in the patches—whether we like it or not.

"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life—music and cats." ~Albert Schweitzer

"Happy people can be so cruel."
~ Claudia of Silent Hill 3.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2011 December 06, 19:55:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unless I have missed something, it doesn't say you MUST be connected to the internet to play, or that you MUST share your game, so just disconnect from the internet when you play and there won't be any issues.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2011 December 07, 03:29:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unless I have missed something, it doesn't say you MUST be connected to the internet to play, or that you MUST share your game, so just disconnect from the internet when you play and there won't be any issues.

Just let them wear their tin foil hats, no use in arguing with them. I actually think all this Showtime stuff sounds fun, IF they end up doing it right.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2011 December 07, 04:23:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just think this social networking crap is a misstep for the series.  Look at what a big steaming pile Sim Social turned out to be.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Neowulf
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2011 December 07, 04:25:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe this is EA realizing that Sims Social was a mistake and that people actually wanted social activities in their Sims game, not on a stupid Facebook game. Supposedly this EP was based on something that was asked for the most. I'd assume that's social activities. Or maybe it's magic, because there are magicians in it.

Flowing with the go.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2011 December 07, 05:38:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just think this social networking crap is a misstep for the series.  Look at what a big steaming pile Sim Social turned out to be.

Sims Social was fun for about a week or two, then you realized that all the good stuff they wanted you to pay real money for and you had to rely to heavily on friends for items and stuff. To me it sounds like they're trying to keep the social media stuff inclusive to the game as opposed to facebook, which if correct, would be better.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2011 December 07, 07:21:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Supposedly this EP was based on something that was asked for the most.

Bear in mind that the stupidest people on the planet all frequent the BBS and ask for things.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
rosess
Dimwitted Dunce

I caught you a deelishus bass

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2011 December 07, 09:49:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sending your sims to someone else's game would be fun if it were for assassinations rather than gigs.
soozelwoozel
Senator

Success Weasel, School of notovny '11

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2011 December 07, 13:30:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Meh. I have no desire to play sims socially. Actually, I have no desire to play games socially in general. For me, social gaming = late night Mario Kart and nostalgic Goldeneye sessions. I would prefer it if this were a stand-alone game, like Sims Castaways or whatever. Then the teeny boppers could moon over their pixels together and misanthropic types can get on with the srs bznz of Simming.

KNOCK KNOCK, JUNIOR\'S HERE
zacaraca
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2011 December 08, 14:46:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My firewall came up with several warnings from EA in the last week or so. One of which was from the Sims 2 which was unusual. Blocked the lot, Kapersky saw it as dangerous. Not sure what was going on there.

As for the new expansion, it looks pretty terrible.
rudai
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2011 December 10, 08:25:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Please check your pudding factory..  I went there to peruse
and found a nasty red malware ad.  ewww!
bitterquill
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2011 December 10, 16:36:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think not.
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2011 December 10, 23:30:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Supposedly this EP was based on something that was asked for the most.

Bear in mind that the stupidest people on the planet all frequent the BBS and ask for things.

That explains it! I am a secret sadist and loves to have my brain suffer when I visit that site. Oh, the headaches.

Every so often I run across a gem, a link posted by bekkilyn.
http://www.develop-online.net/features/1067/EAs-leap-of-faith

I volunteer you to speak to EA's studio heads; they'll tell you the same thing. They're very comfortable moving the discussion towards how we make connected gameplay - be it co-operative or multiplayer or online services - as opposed to fire-and-forget, packaged goods only, single-player, 25-hours-and you're out. I think that model is finished.

Online is where the innovation, and the action, is at.

O rly?

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
Papercut
Corpulent Cretin

More anger than a thousand suns

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2011 December 11, 09:11:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Before TS3 was released I read an interview with an EA employee, and they talked about how EA considered integrating an online component into TS3 but decided against it 'cause when they did the market research they discovered that players really did not want other players interfering with their own games. Even the idiots over at the BBS are whining about this EP.

I understand that EA wants to cash in on the social networking boom. But I wish they would fuck off and do it elsewhere. SHT should be released as a separate Sims game.
illusionofjoy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2011 December 15, 23:52:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sending your sims to someone else's game would be fun if it were for assassinations rather than gigs.

This expansion pack will apparently allow audiences to throw items ranging from garbage to roses at performing Sims.  Perhaps there may be a way to mod grenades and Molotov cocktails into that mix?
socurious
Exasperating Eyesore

Loki Craptastic!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2011 December 16, 02:47:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I heard somewhere that Pescado has a kick-ass recipe for some-type of incendiary device which includes some special, not-for-the-plebian-masses, vodka. A pixelated version of that could be some interesting gaming! A non-pixelated version of that could be some interesting times, especially around the holidays when mixed with volatile fambly members.

..."you should certainly be well-read in a subject before you pass judgement on it," Solowren
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2012 February 23, 13:50:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would assume you can turn those options off in your preferences, just like the in-game store and the Bookface linking.  Of course, I also would have assumed that they would have learned their lesson after "Sims Online."

ItchyNScratchy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2012 February 23, 19:06:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Sims Online" was a massive failure, and this will be too, as well as that dumb Facebook game. Can you imagine the people who will have massive explosions of unwanted gameplay in their games? A hater deciding to crash someone's game? Hopefully, it won't be that easy, but with EA you never know.

"Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." ~Mark Twain
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2012 February 23, 20:03:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do EAxis really still think their main player base is <12?

So I can run round collecting badges and then twat and Bookface these badges? I can spam my friends' games, WHILE THEY ARE ACTUALLY PLAYING? My 'friends' would disown me if I did something so pathetically retarded, and they would be quite correct to do so.

If only Anonymous did work for hire. I would ask them to knock the owners of the TS3 tweets and Bookface spam off the internets for several days at a time. That'll larn 'em.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
ItchyNScratchy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2012 February 23, 20:27:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do EAxis really still think their main player base is <12?
With the way they treat their consumers, that would be my guess. I read on the Sims 3 forums that they tried to placate a player who was having unresolved crashing issues with some kind of freebie (the person didn't say what that freebie was). Really, freebie? When you can't play a game, yet they give you a freebie? Insulting intelligence much.

So I can run round collecting badges and then twat and Bookface these badges? I can spam my friends' games, WHILE THEY ARE ACTUALLY PLAYING? My 'friends' would disown me if I did something so pathetically retarded, and they would be quite correct to do so.
Sad thing is, I see a lot of adults who OMGzers over those badges. If their customer base acts like 12ers, I guess that's how they respond.

I guess I'm mean if I say that I hope people throw flaming bags of llama poo at EA when the new EP explodes like I have a feeling it will. Oh well. Poor llamas.

"Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." ~Mark Twain
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2012 February 23, 21:07:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am amazed the Vole hasn't been in here yet to White Knight for EA.  He must have really flounced after his last sporking.

ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2012 February 24, 02:03:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh yay! More bloatware making the game slower. I'm hoping there's going to be way you can turn it off like you can turn Shop Mode off.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2012 March 04, 06:48:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, but apparently they nag you once and you can tell them to STFU, so no biggie. If it gets obnoxious, it gets killed with FIRE.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: