More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 02:10:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Latest Patch version, without Ambitions problems loading and more
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Latest Patch version, without Ambitions problems loading and more  (Read 7856 times)
playintheleaves
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Latest Patch version, without Ambitions problems loading and more
« on: 2010 June 21, 14:40:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apologies if I should've posted this elsewhere.  I've searched and couldn't seem to find my exact issue.  Point me in the right direction if I'm simply lost.

I'm running Sims 3 + WA.  No HEL or Ambitions.  I recently did a reinstall and therefor updated to the latest patch (whatever the WA equivalent of 1.12 is).  I moved all of my CC to the new My Documents location (I am still using Windows XP) and the game seemed to work fine.  When the latest Alpha of Awesomemod was released, I celebrated, downloaded, and put it into the packages folder in the new location.

The game then wouldn't load.  I did a force quit, updated the framework, and tried again.  This time it took 45 minutes to load a quarter of the game (got past the initial WA screen fine, but once I selected a saved game to play, took forever).  After it loaded the first quarter, it jumped to 100% and into the game.  Just scrolling around had a lot of lag.  I selected a family to move into a home with the freerealestate feature, the game started to process, and then crashed.

I'm not 100% sure the problem is AM, but seeing as how everything works perfectly fine without it, it seems the most likely.  Can anyone help me out a little?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
Re: Latest Patch version, without Ambitions problems loading and more
« Reply #1 on: 2010 June 21, 23:10:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could try basic troubleshooting procedures, and search more, as just about everything you have described has been mentioned and discussed before.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
avaloch
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 June 22, 03:24:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe Pescado mentioned that sometimes when you load a save for the first time, it takes forever.

In any case, you might wanna post the specs of your computer. I've just installed the new patch and it did take quite a fair amount of time to load the save for the first time and that's even when my computer is pretty good.
Alidai
Asinine Airhead

Die wiel draai....

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 June 22, 14:49:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the same problem,and after 1 hour,it still won't load,I don't have the problem when AM isn't in my game,and the problem didn't show up at the previous versions of the AM,so then I decided to download a new AM,and it still has the problem,can anyone help?

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 June 22, 16:14:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the same problem,and after 1 hour,it still won't load,I don't have the problem when AM isn't in my game,and the problem didn't show up at the previous versions of the AM,so then I decided to download a new AM,and it still has the problem,can anyone help?

You can start by giving the ass end of those commas some breathing space.

The stupid threshold has reached critical mass! Brain explosions imminent!
playintheleaves
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 June 23, 15:48:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe Pescado mentioned that sometimes when you load a save for the first time, it takes forever.

In any case, you might wanna post the specs of your computer. I've just installed the new patch and it did take quite a fair amount of time to load the save for the first time and that's even when my computer is pretty good.

I did see that it was mentioned the first load might take forever.  However, it is taking 45+ minutes to load every single time.  As far as specs go:  I am running XP pro, 2GB of RAM, GeForce 9800GT video card with 1 GB of RAM.  Does that help?
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

You know how to whistle, don't you?

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 June 23, 15:58:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did see that it was mentioned the first load might take forever.  However, it is taking 45+ minutes to load every single time.  As far as specs go:  I am running XP pro, 2GB of RAM, GeForce 9800GT video card with 1 GB of RAM.  Does that help?

Do you have a massive amount of CC?  Perhaps you should try compressing your CC. 
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,15129.msg485447.html#msg485447
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: