More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 16:32:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Inventor Sims, borked?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Inventor Sims, borked?  (Read 14689 times)
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
Inventor Sims, borked?
« on: 2010 June 19, 07:15:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alright I am not sure if I am missing something or not but here goes it.

I have a sim that is at level 10 of the inventor's career, I am now a Master Inventor and everything she makes comes out as "Masterful". The problem I am experiencing is that when I go to her Inventors skill log, where you can check out all the bonuses you have, it says that she has only learned 88% of the available inventions. I set her to invent for pretty much 5 days straight (just cheated so she didn't die), however all she ended up finding constantly was the retarded Gnomes of Invention. I have googled this, and looked up countless guides (most of them are retarded as heck), and found nothing. Anyone have any idea if this is a bug or if there are some other inventions out there? So far I have been able to make all the widgets, big inventions, toys and cheap toys I have seen listed.

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Re: Inventor Sims, borked?
« Reply #1 on: 2010 June 19, 08:46:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Stupid question:  Have you made the simbot yet?

"Of course I'm alright! But supposing I wasn't alright! I mean, this thing makes me feel in such a way that I'd be very worried if I felt like that about somebody else feeling like this about that. Do you understand?"
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 June 19, 11:40:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Stupid question:  Have you made the simbot yet?

Yup, I have made everything that was listed in all the guides I have read. I've made both female and male, I've made normal, improved and masterful inventions of every kind as well.

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 June 19, 11:56:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are there 'evil' inventions, similar to the evil toys in OFB? I haven't heard it mentioned anywhere yet, but if there were, that might be your missing 12%.

Failing that, have you checked the gamplaydata file against the the inventions you've made?
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 June 19, 12:37:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are there 'evil' inventions, similar to the evil toys in OFB? I haven't heard it mentioned anywhere yet, but if there were, that might be your missing 12%.

Failing that, have you checked the gamplaydata file against the the inventions you've made?

I'll have to look into this, I guess I'll cheat and make her evil and see what happens. I'm not sure how to check the gameplay data, never had the need to, I'll look into that I suppose.

Okay playing around with AwesomeMod that allows me to get extra options through testingcheats, I found these:

I didn't click on any to spawn them yet, as I don't want to f up my game, making a back up of it first before I do. I can guess what some are without having to look, fish tank I think may be the duck.

Okay so this is what I got:

WindUpToy is the Tentacled Wind Up
Leviton is the Floating Duck
Fish tank came up empty
StaticCoil was the Localized Static Tester
MoonGlove is the rotational pull
Drinking Llama, is as it says the Drinking Llama
Carousel is Flying Fighters
Robot came up empty
and Newtons Cradle is the Smasher

So possibly the robot and the fish tank are some of the missing inventions, to be able to spawn them I think they may be skill dependent.

Okay so there was an option "Learn all Inventions" I used it and I learnt 100%. Those 2 missing ones listed on the spawn are actually the missing 12%, however when I make them nothing appears in the inventory, so it looks like it's borked at the moment, hopefully they fix this soon.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 19, 13:17:05 by Rubyelf » Logged

Rothchild
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 June 19, 16:11:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those two inventions came with The Ultimate Career Bundle and require product registration.  The newest AwesomeMod will bypass the product registration checks.  One of them is called air bender and the other is the claw machine.
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 June 20, 04:48:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those two inventions came with The Ultimate Career Bundle and require product registration.  The newest AwesomeMod will bypass the product registration checks.  One of them is called air bender and the other is the claw machine.

I've got the latest AwesomeMod, and I am still unable to get these, I think I may have an idea why. Thank's for telling me, I was getting frustrated!

Edit: Just a note! Do not tutor other sims in inventing!! If you do it can cause you a lot of frustration and heartache, merely because they will learn all the items to make much more slowly, if not at all (My sim tutored her son and it's taking forever, it took him 2 days just to discover the time machine).
« Last Edit: 2010 June 20, 08:12:51 by Rubyelf » Logged

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 June 20, 08:39:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Be sure to check the fambly inventory. Some items made do not appear in your sim's personal inventory, due to their size, and appear in the fambly inventory instead.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2010 June 20, 09:26:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those two inventions came with The Ultimate Career Bundle and require product registration.  The newest AwesomeMod will bypass the product registration checks.  One of them is called air bender and the other is the claw machine.

I've got the latest AwesomeMod, and I am still unable to get these, I think I may have an idea why. Thank's for telling me, I was getting frustrated!

Edit: Just a note! Do not tutor other sims in inventing!! If you do it can cause you a lot of frustration and heartache, merely because they will learn all the items to make much more slowly, if not at all (My sim tutored her son and it's taking forever, it took him 2 days just to discover the time machine).

You maybe experiencing the same issue as I am. I have the paid version of Ambitions, and have installed the registration reward via the in-game store/launcher (no reason not to). Since the addition of the registration bypass in AM, I am unable to invent these two bonus items, but they were working perfectly fine in previous versions of AM.

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 June 20, 10:07:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You maybe experiencing the same issue as I am. I have the paid version of Ambitions, and have installed the registration reward via the in-game store/launcher (no reason not to). Since the addition of the registration bypass in AM, I am unable to invent these two bonus items, but they were working perfectly fine in previous versions of AM.

Did you decrapify the bonuses before installing them, or did you install them as is? I haven't actually gotten my sim that far along yet(Horrible lag I can't seem to pin down) to say whether it's working in my game or not, I'm just throwing out ideas for things that could be part of the issue.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2010 June 20, 10:09:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you decrapify the bonuses before installing them, or did you install them as is? I haven't actually gotten my sim that far along yet(Horrible lag I can't seem to pin down) to say whether it's working in my game or not, I'm just throwing out ideas for things that could be part of the issue.

I installed via the in-game store, so there is no decrapifying going on. I have no need or desire to decrapify anything at this stage, especially paid content.

Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 June 20, 10:18:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Be sure to check the fambly inventory. Some items made do not appear in your sim's personal inventory, due to their size, and appear in the fambly inventory instead.

Nah they are not in the fambly inventory unfortunately.

@Morriganrant: yes the files were decrapified before I installed them.

Rothchild
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 June 20, 11:32:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is being discussed in three threads, this one, Product Registration Mod, and AWESOMEMOD 4.0.87 (AMB) TEST THREAD.  I have tested and confirmed that inventing works properly with AwesomeMod and Product Registration Mod when The Ultimate Career Bundle is decrapified and installed with the launcher.  I think Product Registration Mod would work if the bundle was installed as a package.  I don't understand why AwesomeMod will work when the SKU and EPVersion tags are left as Store, while Product Registration Mod requires them to be set to BaseGame in order to function.  I also have no idea why neither version seems to work with legit non-decrapified installs of the bundle.
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010 June 20, 14:21:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is being discussed in three threads, this one, Product Registration Mod, and AWESOMEMOD 4.0.87 (AMB) TEST THREAD.  I have tested and confirmed that inventing works properly with AwesomeMod and Product Registration Mod when The Ultimate Career Bundle is decrapified and installed with the launcher.  I think Product Registration Mod would work if the bundle was installed as a package.  I don't understand why AwesomeMod will work when the SKU and EPVersion tags are left as Store, while Product Registration Mod requires them to be set to BaseGame in order to function.  I also have no idea why neither version seems to work with legit non-decrapified installs of the bundle.

My post was before they were being discussed anyway. I installed originally via a package installer, I have now installed them using the launcher, I will test it later as I have no play time right now (doing my essay), and will see the results. I was using the product registration mod, as well as AwesomeMod, but was still unable to get the 2 files, that could be because I had installed it using a package extractor though.

Drowelvenmaiden
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010 June 26, 15:34:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I reached the 100% inventions and I'm doing an opportunity to get a "rose diamond in a shape heart"  (I think it has to do with the simbot?), anyway, my inventor career its not upping! I put my inventions at consignation shop (or store - I don't know the name in English, my game is in Brazilian Portuguese), they are sold, but the career doesn't up. Anybobody knows if its an EA bug? Oh, almost forgot, I have the career bundle installed by store launcher.

Thanks.
Klinn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010 June 28, 16:29:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I put my inventions at consignation shop , they are sold, but the career doesn't up.
Oddly enough, selling inventions via the consignment store does not count towards the inventor career progression. Instead, from the sim's inventory, drag and drop the inventions on the simoleons box just to left to sell them. The amounts gained that way will count towards the next career level.
friendlyquark
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010 June 28, 17:34:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, that particular bug had me going for a while there, I kept selling and not getting any credit for it. Selling from the inventory works though. If you have testing cheats enabled on, you can drag the career bar the same way you can drag relationships etc, so you can at least catch yourself up to where you ought to have been from selling all that stuff.
tea_and_blues
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2010 June 28, 18:44:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, while it's not awesome, twallan's SP fixes the bug that stops consignment sales from counting towards the career.

<meh> siggie. </meh>
Drowelvenmaiden
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2010 June 28, 20:55:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, thanks a lot, darlings! I dragged and sold it, them it worked  Cheesy.  Hope this will be fixed next patch... It's terrible to buy a game so much "bugged".
Klinn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2010 July 23, 12:34:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My new inventor could use the workbench to increase his skill, but after going through four levels, he still could not actually create a single invention.

The bizarre reason? The custom house I built had no interior doors. There were some stub walls partially dividing areas, but no actual doors or arches, so the game considered it as one big room.

After I added an interior door, the sim could create inventions. Weird.

As an aside, the lack of interior doors also meant that I could not designate an exterior door as the front entrance. Any sim coming home went to the mailbox and stood there.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: