More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 15:04:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AWESOMEMOD 4.0.87 (AMB) TEST THREAD
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AWESOMEMOD 4.0.87 (AMB) TEST THREAD  (Read 200729 times)
Chaavik
Dimwitted Dunce

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
Re: AWESOMEMOD 4.0.87 (AMB) TEST THREAD
« Reply #175 on: 2010 June 17, 22:41:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Regarding the firefighting profession:

I agree that the promotion through this career should be looked at. My Sim reached Fire Chief (Level 10) so quickly with minimal effort:

1. Maintaining both the fire truck(s) and fire alarm(s) at both the fire house and at home (where the Fire Chief works from primarily)
2. Skills - the Athletic skill contributed too much experience (as some stated that working out gave their Sims 3 promotions before they actually started their shifts for the first time)
3. Fire fighting - fires and disasters seem to contribute decent experience to the progression bar.

My biggest pet peeve is the amount of time the Sim takes to respond to an emergency from the start: Changing into firefighting gear takes almost an hour, getting to the fire truck takes almost 10 to 20 Sim minutes and then when the Sim arrives, it takes the Sim about 10 to 30 Sim minutes to actually do anything like putting the fires out.

By the time my Sim arrived to a large house fire, she already wasted almost 2 hours. Her fire truck is at Horsepower 3, her fire alarm was upgraded to respond to the emergencies much more quickly, and her equipment was upgraded completely. The grade dropped to B shortly after she got there. She never got an A, B or even C for the large house fires by the time she finished responding to the emergency.

I'm thinking that the time should be extended a little bit for the grading to be fair concerning large house fires. And if possible, the skills or the length of time it takes to extinguish the fires, catch angry gnomes, fix gas leaks and other fire fighting activities should be reduced somewhat to make firefighting more efficient.

I already made upgrading and maintaining faster in my own mod for Ambitions because at higher levels, I found that my fire chief has to maintain not only her own truck and fire alarm at home but the fire truck and the fire alarm at the fire station. She has to go back and forth to keep them all maintained and upgraded. I personally don't think she shouldn't have to maintain the fire truck and fire alarms at the fire house if she doesn't work there (although she can go to work there if I direct her to Go To the Building via her Career tab).

The one issue I'm dealing with is the lack of coworkers for the fire house. When she started, she was alone every time she responded to the emergencies. She had no crew. None of the Sims in town were allocated to the firefighting profession. (I'm not sure if this is an AM issue or a Twallan SP issue).

On other notes:

One command don't seem to work:

resetsim doesn't do anything to reset the Sim

My child kept trying to use the bathroom sink to clean up his plate of ruined muffins. I directed him to clean up the plate of ruined muffins from the toy oven. He picked up the plate of ruined muffins and went to the bathroom instead of the kitchen to wash the plates at the kitchen sink. There was someone using the bathroom at the time, and she kept shooing him out of the bathroom. He then goes into the bedroom and sets the plate of ruined muffins down on the end table instead of going to the kitchen to use the kitchen sink. I'm curious if AM is responsible for sending Sims to the sink in the kitchen to wash the plates (if I direct them to clean up their plates)?

*Edited*

I'm using AM (date and time stamped: 6/16/10 @ 9:37 PM)

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 2010 June 17, 23:16:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All professions suffer from a scaling issue. My ghost hunter pre-AM was able to get up there in levels. He was level 8 before AM came out and he was only working for about a week and a half.  Stylists suffer at the beginning, but after they can do free makeovers it's very quick to gain those levels. Also they can just sketch all the time and get up there in levels. Architects too. Medical still follows the old progression tree, since it's a career instead.

I'd rather first see all the current standing bugs squashed that we can squash before profession scaling is looked at. But I do think the lack of co-workers in the firefighter career is an issue, that is caused by AM. Usually only co-workers are spawned if there needs to be any interaction to one. Only firefighting has the issue. I'm sure you could control a currently non-playable and make them a firefighter then switch to your main sim as a workaround.
DMDye
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 2010 June 18, 00:16:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Regarding the firefighting profession:

The one issue I'm dealing with is the lack of coworkers for the fire house. When she started, she was alone every time she responded to the emergencies. She had no crew. None of the Sims in town were allocated to the firefighting profession. (I'm not sure if this is an AM issue or a Twallan SP issue).

I had that problem with just Twallan's SP (v.134 - haven't tried an updated one).

Something nobody seems to have mentioned is that firefighters will also increase in Job Level while studying Handiness.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: 2010 June 18, 00:57:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone been experiencing freezing issues ever since installing AMB with the new Awesomemod? My game freezes, but the trees in the background keep fluttering and I'm forced to force-close my game and lose any progress I made. =(

This is an old issue.  Many people have had this freezing for along time, not just with AMB.  I have had this freezing from base game, then with WA, then with HELS, and now with AMB, it doesn't seem specific to anything, and can't identify if it is AM related or EAxian, but it isn't a new phenomenon.

Well, as it is, as you say, hands-on, wouldn't it be both easier and within the spirit of the game to simply freeze the progress for profession sims when not playing them?
Agreed that it's dumb to get a promotion outside of work from reading a book at home or doing a couple of laps around the block.

I've kind of got mixed feelings about being able to gain xp from doing your actual job (ie styling, putting out fires, catching ghosts etc) outside of work hours, but it doesn't seem like you get xp for doing anything that is not a set 'mission' anyway.

I wonder if it would be possible to limit promotions within the new professions to the end of the shift only, like it is with the rabbit hole careers.  Not the most ideal solution but would at least stop the promotions while not working, and stop the multiple promotions a day.  My sim actually reached level 10 in 6 days, and had only attended 1 small fire.

In my new game, I am having my sim max his athletic and handiness before joining the firefighter profession to see if that makes a difference.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
pandazarehawt
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: 2010 June 18, 00:59:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Put in AM, I have the proper Framework, however the green bar, (when loading family) Loads almost to the finish, and then stops. It would stay like that forever if I let it. Any ideas anyone? Sorry if this was already posted. Huh  Huh

I suffer from Obsessive Compulsive Sims Disorder.
phnxflyng
Corpulent Cretin

Puny humans.

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: 2010 June 18, 01:24:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In the vein of Firefighting issues: I have a missing fire truck. My sim went to work for several days with no problems, even upgraded the horsepower to 1, but then after a mission to put out a fire, the truck never returned to its parking spot. It appears when the sim needs to drive to an emergency, but never returns to its parking space, which means there's no way to maintain it or upgrade it.
I tried switching to another household and initiating a Firefighting career. I got the opening message you get when you start out as a firefighter, but still the truck did not reappear.
I have, of course, checked the sim's inventory. No truck there either.

INTP.
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 2010 June 18, 01:35:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In the vein of Firefighting issues: I have a missing fire truck. My sim went to work for several days with no problems, even upgraded the horsepower to 1, but then after a mission to put out a fire, the truck never returned to its parking spot. It appears when the sim needs to drive to an emergency, but never returns to its parking space, which means there's no way to maintain it or upgrade it.
I tried switching to another household and initiating a Firefighting career. I got the opening message you get when you start out as a firefighter, but still the truck did not reappear.
I have, of course, checked the sim's inventory. No truck there either.
As a workaround until AM has a "spawnfiretrucks" command you could probably use edit town and add one to the fire station.  At least then it would exist to repair and upgrade.  The only possible problem I can think with that is your sim might still use the phantom un-upgraded un-repaired firetruck to go to emergencies instead of using the new one you put in the firehouse.  I'm guessing that wouldn't happen as the game is probably spawning a temp firetruck since it has no real one to use... but who knows.

Test it out and let us know if the one you make gets used or if it just sits in the firehouse when you go to emergencies.

Either that or start a new game, make a copy of the firehouse, load your old game and delete the old firehouse and replace it with your copy from the library.

Put in AM, I have the proper Framework, however the green bar, (when loading family) Loads almost to the finish, and then stops. It would stay like that forever if I let it. Any ideas anyone? Sorry if this was already posted. Huh  Huh
Don't worry, it was already posted.

eta:

@Chaavik: "resetsim" doesn't do anything to your active sim (I thought it did previously), but for me at least if I type in "resetsim firstname lastname" it resets whichever sim I specify. Hopefully that helps.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 18, 03:40:22 by Simius » Logged
Lorina
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 2010 June 18, 01:39:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One question: is the AwesomeMod Configuration Tool available for this test version? Where can I find It? Thanks. Embarrassed
phnxflyng
Corpulent Cretin

Puny humans.

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 2010 June 18, 01:51:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will do, Simius.

One question: is the AwesomeMod Configuration Tool available for this test version? Where can I find It? Thanks. Embarrassed

I just use the one linked on the main AM download page.

INTP.
Chaavik
Dimwitted Dunce

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: 2010 June 18, 01:55:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As for missing fire trucks, did you look in your Sim's inventory to see if it is in there? It happened to my Sim once when the fire truck did not show up inside the fire station. I looked everywhere and then checked my Sim's inventory to find it sitting there. I dragged the fire truck out of my Sim's inventory and plunked it down at the fire station. She now has her own fire truck, and it shows up properly on the driveway when she returned from her missions.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Baarogue
Asinine Airhead

has appeared!

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 2010 June 18, 04:09:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As for missing fire trucks, did you look in your Sim's inventory to see if it is in there? It happened to my Sim once when the fire truck did not show up inside the fire station. I looked everywhere and then checked my Sim's inventory to find it sitting there. I dragged the fire truck out of my Sim's inventory and plunked it down at the fire station. She now has her own fire truck, and it shows up properly on the driveway when she returned from her missions.

Also check the street near that last fire you drove the truck to. Your sim will leave the truck in the street while fighting the fire and has to drive it back to the station to return it. If the firefighter sim's scheduled shift ends while fighting the fire, your sim will automatically head home using his own vehicle or the carpool vehicle unless directed by you to return the truck.
Jackathyn
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 2010 June 18, 04:22:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Moved in someone from the town into my Sims' house, got 3 flagrant system errors. Speed 3 is also slow as fuck now.
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 2010 June 18, 04:32:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Moved in someone from the town into my Sims' house, got 3 flagrant system errors. Speed 3 is also slow as fuck now.
You need to take screenshots of those errors and post them up.  That way Pescado will know what went wrong.  Otherwise it is kind of like calling the police to inform them that some kind of crime happened somewhere in your state.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: 2010 June 18, 04:34:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Non-returning firetruck issue should be fixed now.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Quijibo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: 2010 June 18, 05:07:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Finally replicated the freeze.  Sleep until message appears saying the carpool will arrive in an hour and game gets sim out of bed.  Order sim back into bed, and force an awakening to get into the carpool when it starts honking.  Game froze again at exactly 7:26 am as I walked to the carpool.  If this is indeed a known EAxian bug, my apologies.  I just never saw it until I started testing awesomemod, but that may be coincidental.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 2010 June 18, 05:17:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Attach save from shortly before freeze occurs and the matter will be investigated.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 2010 June 18, 05:33:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Attach save from shortly before freeze occurs and the matter will be investigated.

The problem with most of these freezes is when you restart the game from a save, it doesn't freeze again, it keeps playing nicely through the previous freeze point with no indications of a problem.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
The Big Pompous Naab
Asinine Airhead

The Result of a Circle Jerk.

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: 2010 June 18, 05:37:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gameplay freezes when I try the "move in household" after ive created a new lot.. any bypass I try causes the same result: no hud and gameplay freezes..

Listen You Fat Fuck!.. I Don't Give A Shit!!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: 2010 June 18, 06:11:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The problem with most of these freezes is when you restart the game from a save, it doesn't freeze again, it keeps playing nicely through the previous freeze point with no indications of a problem.
That sounds like the game running out of memory or something, causing a thread to hang, which is why rebooting the game fixes it. Nothing that could freeze up as a part of AwesomeMod uses nondeterministic behaviors, so something that would freeze would freeze every time.

Also explains why I never see it, since I have 36 GBs of RAMs.

old_dude
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: 2010 June 18, 06:30:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I get this error when ever I click on the arena. stadium. whatever...

« Last Edit: 2010 June 18, 06:53:46 by old_dude » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: 2010 June 18, 06:32:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"this error"? The "arena"? What error? What arena?

Tamalain
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: 2010 June 18, 06:35:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe the stadium?
Chaavik
Dimwitted Dunce

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: 2010 June 18, 07:12:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The latest version (Date and Time Stamped: 6/17/10 @ 10:24 PM) appeared to be working very well for me. I haven't checked to see if resetsim works or not.

Can AM suppress birthdays during missions (firefighting, ghost hunting, anything that involves missions for the professions) if applicable:

During an emergency, my Sim took 3 freaking hours to carry ONE toddler out of the house, resulting in the grading to plummet because I was trying to get my Sim to carry the toddler OUT of the house to safety. She kept setting the toddler down on the floor, and I kept directing her to get the damn kid out of the house to safety so she can complete one part of her mission to rescue the Sims.

At the same time, she had a birthday which disrupted the firefighting she was doing. I was yelling at her,"Screw the birthday! Get your arse moving to get the stupid kid out of the house and put the fire out. THEN you can have your birthday!"

So in short, can birthdays be suppressed until after the Sim finish his/her mission? And something be done about the toddler issue? It seems that the firefighter takes so long rescuing toddlers from their houses. This happened before at another fire in which the same firefighter took forever to get the toddler out of the house to safety.

Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: 2010 June 18, 09:38:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay so I am getting the random deaths while on vacation. Was at China with my fambly and about 3 different sims from the area died, no reason at all they were just using the martial arts training board and dropped dead randomly, it looked liked they starved to death. I tried to play chess for their lives, but the Grim Reaper ignored me.

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: 2010 June 18, 11:36:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay so I am getting the random deaths while on vacation. Was at China with my fambly and about 3 different sims from the area died, no reason at all they were just using the martial arts training board and dropped dead randomly, it looked liked they starved to death. I tried to play chess for their lives, but the Grim Reaper ignored me.

That's a WA problem.

Not long after I installed WA I had a holiday end prematurely because one of the sims who died at the Academy was apparently important in some quest (even though none of the sims in my game had any unfinished opportunities at the time).   My daughter suggested adding some way for non-playable sims to eat, so I added a fridge and table & chairs to the Academy lot (I put them in a corner of the lot that I was unlikely to focus the camera on, so they wouldn't distract from the atmosphere), and the Academy deaths stopped happening in my game.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: