More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 08:38:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AWESOMEMOD 4.0.87 (AMB) TEST THREAD
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AWESOMEMOD 4.0.87 (AMB) TEST THREAD  (Read 199352 times)
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
Re: AWESOMEMOD 4.0.87 (AMB) TEST THREAD
« Reply #75 on: 2010 June 15, 13:00:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah: Less thanking, more testing.
Mimic
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2010 June 15, 15:06:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've found that in Twinbrook, several households have sims being completely frozen. Motives don't decay, but they just stand there like nothing is happening. Besides having less sims which is fine, it does bug the Firefighter job.

This is with only Awesome mod installed, though it may not be related at all.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2010 June 15, 16:37:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For those asking if the test version will work with the base game or WA or HELS etc but without Ambitions, this is taken directly from the rtfm.txt (which I shouldn't have to remind you stands for READ THE FUCKING MANUAL) that comes with the test version download:

COMPATIBILITY:
Base: 1.12.7
WA:   2.7.7
HELS: 3.3.11
AMB:  Retail

So there is your answer. Yes it's compatible and besides the release version is expired so you really don't have a choice.

Next time before posting READ THE FUCKING MANUAL.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
phnxflyng
Corpulent Cretin

Puny humans.

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2010 June 15, 16:56:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Confirm that NoVanillaPudding works nicely. It doesn't appear to work with slider multiplication, I am not sure if that is intended or not, but an entirely freshly spawned town seemed to have a lot more nose and eye and mouth and jaw variety than usual, and I also noticed significantly more semi-overweight and overweight sims.

I just went through the More Stupid Than You config page and didn't see this option. I want to enable it, though. Am I blind?

INTP.
lordrichter
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2010 June 15, 17:02:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

]The overstuffed UI sheet was provided by a third-party and therefore, requires more examination before it can be reimplemented.

The layout from the old pre-patch AM should work for you.

Danger: Chaotic Neutral Human Wizard, 4th Level
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: 2010 June 15, 17:32:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Confirm that NoVanillaPudding works nicely. It doesn't appear to work with slider multiplication, I am not sure if that is intended or not, but an entirely freshly spawned town seemed to have a lot more nose and eye and mouth and jaw variety than usual, and I also noticed significantly more semi-overweight and overweight sims.

I just went through the More Stupid Than You config page and didn't see this option. I want to enable it, though. Am I blind?

The aweconfig maker? I dont think that has been updated yet. Activate it in game if you want to try it out, "setconfig novanillapudding true". It'll be hard to test in a normal play setting, so if you wanna just see what it does, do what I did: "Destroyallhumans" followed by "Spawnmoreoverlords" (be sure testingcheats is enabled), to respawn an entire town of people to ogle.
catfish
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2010 June 15, 19:10:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With the latest test version of awesomemod, I am having problems completing any fire missions with the firefighter career. The sim can extinguish all fires but the game does not update it and thus every single mission earns a fail. Additionally, when the mission requires the sim to enter the house, the doors can never be broken down or entered because it is not updating that all external fires have been extinguished. This was working fine before I put awesomemod in. Private eye missions are not affected in this manner and can still be completed; so far I've only noticed that fire missions are broken.
TheCatMeow
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2010 June 15, 19:29:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't know if this is an AM fail or WA is completely screwed but I just finished a vacation and my sims were taking forever to do simple tasks. I realized that the reason they would take forever would be because they would suddenly drop their queue if I switched over to other sims within the family. It continued to occur back on the home lot as well. Also, the foreigners would ignore their motives and I had some die from hungry if my active family didn't provide them with food. Excavating is borked too with a route fail.

On another note: I remember being able to stock fishing ponds in the home community with fish. Was it not possible to do the same on vaca lots? I tried but the fish disappeared.
Trinity
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2010 June 15, 19:35:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't know if this is an AM fail or WA is completely screwed but I just finished a vacation and my sims were taking forever to do simple tasks. I realized that the reason they would take forever would be because they would suddenly drop their queue if I switched over to other sims within the family. It continued to occur back on the home lot as well. Also, the foreigners would ignore their motives and I had some die from hungry if my active family didn't provide them with food. Excavating is borked too with a route fail.

On another note: I remember being able to stock fishing ponds in the home community with fish. Was it not possible to do the same on vaca lots? I tried but the fish disappeared.

I have not had this problem, my firefighter works fine. The first job he got after I installed the newest AM kinda glitched, the little tracker that pops up and tells you what you still have to do didn't pop up, but it didn't prevent him from putting out the fire or rescuing the sims inside. I haven't had this happen again, so it seems to be working fine for me.
sorbet
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2010 June 15, 21:13:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've no idea if this is AM related or otherwise, but it only started to happen post-AMB patch with the latest version of AM...

My sims have no romantic interactions with their "Romantic Interest"

The only other issue I've run into so far is the general borkededness (yes, I'm aware that that is not a word) of schools.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: 2010 June 15, 21:18:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The romantic problem is a mod conflict, though I know myself and someone else got rid of it simply by removing our mods, loading the game, testing, and re-placing our mods. Neither of us removed anything, but the problem still went away.
sorbet
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2010 June 15, 21:22:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The romantic problem is a mod conflict, though I know myself and someone else got rid of it simply by removing our mods, loading the game, testing, and re-placing our mods. Neither of us removed anything, but the problem still went away.

Tyvm for the info.  I'll try that and see where it gets me.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2010 June 15, 21:38:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Excavating is borked too with a route fail.

That is EAxian in nature, though perhaps AM can fix it at some point. Otherwise we are stuck hoping EA notices and fixes it in some future patch.

It's only the ones out in open areas that fail though. The ones on lots like actual dig sites and such still seem to work.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Hallie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2010 June 15, 21:59:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK I will probably sound stupid with this again. But where is the test file? IS it just the one on the shiney post, just not with things added. Or is it in a forum for VIP members only? Or am I blind?
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2010 June 15, 22:01:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The link has already been posted in this thread. To be honest, if you can't find it you probably shouldn't be testing to begin with.

I sing along with elevator music.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2010 June 15, 22:17:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My architectural designer sim who's been awarded an honor from the City Hall still triggers a flagrant error everytime he clicks on the building/about to enter the building. Unlike before though, the game keeps throwing errors until it crashed to desktop (must be like hunderds of them). It was only a handful before.
If you can't be bothered to show me what the error is, I can't be bothered to fix it. Quit wasting my time.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
lordrichter
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2010 June 16, 00:13:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New version of Awesome Mod has been posted by JMP  (showconfig says 6/14/2010 20:19:38)

Overstuffed households now show on the UI.  (Hint to JMP: also need to update some stuff in OccultFrankenstein to bypass the 8 limit)

Hand Of God fixed to put food in fridge.

Danger: Chaotic Neutral Human Wizard, 4th Level
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2010 June 16, 01:08:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With SC sim bots need to be directed to eat scrap as eating people food does them little good.  Also sims get stuck on the gender specific doors so you need to direct them to use the correct john every once in a while.
phnxflyng
Corpulent Cretin

Puny humans.

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2010 June 16, 01:51:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The aweconfig maker? I dont think that has been updated yet. Activate it in game if you want to try it out, "setconfig novanillapudding true". It'll be hard to test in a normal play setting, so if you wanna just see what it does, do what I did: "Destroyallhumans" followed by "Spawnmoreoverlords" (be sure testingcheats is enabled), to respawn an entire town of people to ogle.

Thanks, that worked.

I dl'ed AM today and so far have no problems.
A non-AM weirdness (I know because it started before I installed): Ever since my sim reached the top of the PI profession, the other sims in his household will run over to him in between tasks... to admire him? Who knows. It's annoying. He doesn't have any LT rewards or traits that would justify such behavior, either. Perhaps something that El Presidente can squash when he has a chance?

INTP.
MissQ
Blathering Buffoon

More Unco Than You!

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2010 June 16, 03:07:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Interior Designer borkage: When I completed the renovation, the client did not return straight away, instead made me wait until their work finished, which was outside of hours for the interior design career. Client sim just stood there tapping their toes until I cancelled the interaction.

shadow
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2010 June 16, 03:52:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Firefighter career - Fire station alarms are on constantly and there is no fire anywhere. Just started with latest build - 6-14-10-20:19:38.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2010 June 16, 04:33:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's nothing I know of that affects fire alarms since fire alarms aren't even a part of the original AwesomeMod changes, because they ddin't exist. Send a save of any unusual Ambitions-specific quest issues and I will look, otherwise I cannot reproduce this scenario.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2010 June 16, 04:40:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With the latest test version of awesomemod, I am having problems completing any fire missions with the firefighter career. The sim can extinguish all fires but the game does not update it and thus every single mission earns a fail. Additionally, when the mission requires the sim to enter the house, the doors can never be broken down or entered because it is not updating that all external fires have been extinguished. This was working fine before I put awesomemod in. Private eye missions are not affected in this manner and can still be completed; so far I've only noticed that fire missions are broken.

This sounds like your not extinguishing the window fires.  Unfortunately, the game marks all fires extinguished when you extinguish the external fires, and the window fires can be still burning and difficult to see.  Until the stupid window fires are extinguished, you can't break down doors to rescue people, which is stupid in the extreme because firefighters don't always wait for a fire to be completely extinguished before entering a building to rescue people.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
catfish
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2010 June 16, 05:23:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This sounds like your not extinguishing the window fires.
Unfortunately that is not the case, there is absolutely no fire left on the lot. I was able to complete these fire missions before adding awesomemod in. I even started a brand new neighborhood to test it out. I have uploaded a save in which both sims have been convinced to run, all fires have been extinguished, and doors have been broken down, and the game says that none of these objectives have been completed: here.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2010 June 16, 09:51:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This save wasn't terribly informative. When I checked to see what the heck those sims outside were doing and why they couldn't be interacted with, the situation stopped. I need a save of this scenario right when it starts so I can actually do it.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: