More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 13:07:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AWESOMEMOD 4.0.87 (AMB) TEST THREAD
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AWESOMEMOD 4.0.87 (AMB) TEST THREAD  (Read 199393 times)
phnxflyng
Corpulent Cretin

Puny humans.

View Profile
Re: AWESOMEMOD 4.0.87 (AMB) TEST THREAD
« Reply #125 on: 2010 June 16, 22:48:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For instance; One EAxian quirk I've noticed in Ambitions is that the Perceptive personality trait does not show up when other sims examine the Perceptive sim's traits in the relationships tab or in the drop-down menu during interaction. The Perceptive sim appears (to other sims) to only have four traits. Is AM able to make that visible, or does it not matter?

I've noticed this with other new traits: Dramatic and Eco-Friendly. I have one sim who displays only 3 traits when I browse the family tree or look at her in another sim's relationship tab (to be clear, the three she shows up with are pre-AMB traits: Family-Oriented, Neat, Neurotic--missing are Dramatic and Eco-Friendly).

Found a more appropriate place for my FPS limiter question.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 16, 23:02:15 by phnxflyng » Logged

INTP.
Lt. Vasquez
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2010 June 16, 22:58:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mkay, I've never really had a reason to register before... everytime I install the new version of the Awesomemod, the game loads up okay, but when I try to load a game or create a new one, the  loading screen just after the main menu loads UNTIL it gets to the point where it's just about a centimeter away, and completely stops... and I get an error in my TS3 documents folder (My Documents>Electronic Arts>The Sims 3). the contents are here, for simplicity:

- <FSE>
  <Error>Story Driver Initialization Error! System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded. #0: 0x00000 in System.Reflection.System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool) (121CC740
  • ) #1: 0x00002 call in System.Reflection.System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes () () #2: 0x00028 callvirt in Awesome.StoryBus.Awesome.StoryBus.ToadMachine:RegisterToadings () () #3: 0x00000 call in Awesome.StoryBus.Awesome.StoryBus.ToadMachine:WorldStartup () () #4: 0x00000 call in Awesome.StoryBus.Awesome.StoryBus.Driver:Startup () () #5: 0x00015 call in Awesome.Awesome.Main:_WorldInitialize () () #6: 0x00000 call in Awesome.Awesome.Main:WorldInitialize () () #7: 0x000c9 call in Sims3.Gameplay.Sims3.Gameplay.InWorldState:Startup () () #8: 0x00012 callvirt in Sims3.SimIFace.Sims3.SimIFace.StateMachineStatus:StartupCurState () () #9: 0x00018 call in Sims3.SimIFace.Sims3.SimIFace.StateMachineStatus:SetState (Sims3.SimIFace.StateMachineState) (11E62B00 [11E87FA0] ) #10: 0x0009c callvirt in Sims3.SimIFace.Sims3.SimIFace.StateMachine:Update (single) (11E7BEE0
  • ) #11: 0x00017 callvirt in Sims3.SimIFace.Sims3.SimIFace.StateMachine:Simulate () ()</Error>
 </FSE>

I'm also gonna upload the error in a text file with this post so you can look at it offline. I'd appreciate the help. thanks.

P.S, I'm on the current version the Awesomemod supports, except for Ambitions.

P.S.S. this is only with the Awesomemod installed. take it and the Aweconf out, and things work fine, I'm also using the new user-level mod installation.

P.S.S.S. here's the save and backup of the save i used, but the problem goes for any save I load, i've included the backup,: http://www.mediafire.com/file/mjzddg1mmey/Sunset Valley Legacy.sims3.zip

Can anyone help here?
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: 2010 June 16, 23:24:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For instance; One EAxian quirk I've noticed in Ambitions is that the Perceptive personality trait does not show up when other sims examine the Perceptive sim's traits in the relationships tab or in the drop-down menu during interaction. The Perceptive sim appears (to other sims) to only have four traits. Is AM able to make that visible, or does it not matter?

I've noticed this with other new traits: Dramatic and Eco-Friendly. I have one sim who displays only 3 traits when I browse the family tree or look at her in another sim's relationship tab (to be clear, the three she shows up with are pre-AMB traits: Family-Oriented, Neat, Neurotic--missing are Dramatic and Eco-Friendly).

Found a more appropriate place for my FPS limiter question.
Same thing also happens with Savvy Sculptor, Eccentric, and Born Salesperson.

I've noticed such wonkiness long ago, back when WA was still new. I may or may not have been using AM at the time, but I'd wager it's an EA fuck-up. That's always a safe assumption.
Well, it had been 'fixed' enough to work as it should up until I tried messing with it today. I can get it to register correctly if I make the meditators stop every time they start floating, but that's a pain.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
lordrichter
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2010 June 16, 23:26:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can anyone help here?

30 seconds of investigation: This looks like an error internal to The Sims that is being caught by Awesome Mod.

Danger: Chaotic Neutral Human Wizard, 4th Level
Bonniy
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 2010 June 16, 23:32:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I keep getting random freezes when using the Test Version of Awesome Mod with Ambitions.

Every now and then my game will freeze, but the crystal over my sims head and the trees in the background keep moving, I'm forced to close out my game and lose any progress I've made =\.

I to am also getting the random freezes.  I have experienced it twice so far since I have DL'd the last AM test. I also have stuff in the background still working, such as the fire in fire place burning and and the crystal over the head is still cycling.
Bonniy
Lt. Vasquez
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 2010 June 16, 23:39:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

so how do I fix it?
TheCatMeow
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 2010 June 16, 23:46:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, so testing my first toddler and baby has brought up some issues. When I feed my toddler in the high chair (which I am using for the first time ever), the food it's being served completely disappears into the ether after being eaten. Which I thinking might explain the dirty surroundings and disgusting food moodlet my sims get whenever they go in that particular area. I deleted the high chair and tried to find the foulness but to no avail.
My toddler also seems to have some kind of supremacy over my sims, in that the toddler has to completely stop what he's doing for the family to have any kind of interaction with him. The sim's queue just disintegrates even if the toddler is just walking to the potty or activity.

Don't know if baby swarming has been dealt with but it's getting really annoying. And can sims not just sit there and "react to noisy baby." I wish they would just effin' do something about it.
Why is it that the babies take like two seconds to start screaming about a dirty diaper? I've known babies to sit in their byproducts for hours with no complaint.  
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 2010 June 17, 00:02:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TheCatMeow: The disintegrating queue's is an EAxian problem, I've got that without any CC at all and before AM was even installed, you have to cancel the toddler's actions in order to remedy the problem, frustrating I know.

On another note, I played for about one hour last night until my game froze while my family were asleep. No warning's or errors, just completely froze up so I had to force quit. Also derelict cars are swarming my neighbourhood, I did use 'towderelicts' however it only removed two cars, there were still a lot left, and after using it once, it did not work again. Those are the only problems I've encountered so far.

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
Quijibo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 2010 June 17, 00:02:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I to am also getting the random freezes.  I have experienced it twice so far since I have DL'd the last AM test. I also have stuff in the background still working, such as the fire in fire place burning and and the crystal over the head is still cycling.

Just wanted to report the same bug here.  Started a fresh game, and on the second day when the carpool arrived control was lost in this manner. Sim had hopped back into bed to sleep until he left for work.  Time stopped as the carpool arrived (the clock no longer advanced) but the green diamond over my sim happily spun as he perfomed the sleeping animation and the foliage waved in the breeze.  Time seemed to have stopped but the rest of the world kept animating as if it had not... and all control of the game was lost.  

Was forced to exit the application like others.  Behaved like an infinite loop triggered somewhere in the code, but that's just a guess.

Ambitions and most recent test version of awesomemod installed (June 16 8:52 AM).

EDIT: Went back into the game, but have been unable to replicate this freeze so far, even though I am trying.  Might be hard to track down.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 17, 01:40:24 by Quijibo » Logged
janedivided
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 2010 June 17, 00:04:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm also getting the freezes with the most recent version; I reverted back to the 6/14 20:19:38 build version and am no longer experiencing freezing.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 17, 00:18:44 by janedivided » Logged
lordrichter
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: 2010 June 17, 00:16:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm also getting the freezes with the 6/16 8:52 version; I reverted back to the 6/15 16:35 version and am no longer experiencing freezing.

What date does "showconfig" tell you for the "6/15 16:35" version?

janedivided
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 2010 June 17, 00:19:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

6/14 20:19:38

I originally used the dates on the files, sorry.  I edited my post. 
lordrichter
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 2010 June 17, 00:36:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have only been looking at script changes in the last few builds, but those changes I have seen are not highly likely to introduce freezing.  I have not been watching the other files in the package recently.

On a related note, I have had some script related CTDs that are hard to capture since installing the latest builds.

Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: 2010 June 17, 01:16:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed that when my sims are running on treadmills in a room with a stereo turned on, they do not get the music buff unless they are off the treadmills.

Also, sculpting, and using the weight training machines they do not get the buff from the stereo. I've tried a couple of types of stereo and the result is the same. Nothing.

New edit: With Martial Arts, sims that are meditating don't get the music buff, but they do get it while using the board breaker or training dummy.

Noticing that 'sometimes' meditating sims get buff, other times no. Also, sims that are painting do not get the buff. Sims chatting on cell phone, or standing around doing nothing get the buff.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
DMDye
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 2010 June 17, 01:26:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Meditating is wonky now.  <snip>

I've noticed such wonkiness long ago, back when WA was still new. I may or may not have been using AM at the time, but I'd wager it's an EA fuck-up. <snip>

I've been using AM for a long time, though not since the patc + AMB. Meditation always worked fine for me.
I have Base + WA + HELS, fully patched for each.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 2010 June 17, 01:32:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Meditating isn't a behavior chain modified by AwesomeMod at all.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
chrisoldfield
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 2010 June 17, 02:17:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, this is my first post here as a beta tester. (Yeah Me!) Anyways, I installed the awesome mod and everything worked fine until I vistied China. My sim had a want to go to the academy, but when I obliged, everyone on the lot all dropped dead at once, except for my sim.  I cannot repeat this error as of yet. I went to the market and the temple of heaven and it didn't happen there at all.  If it helps, they seem to have all starved to death, and sometimes a single sim is singled out in the town map as being in low detail mode.  They have their motives listed, and at one time, hunger was at -42. NEGATIVE 42.  I reset that sim quick to avoid their death.   This is an odd bug that I hope is tracked down soon.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 2010 June 17, 02:20:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

-42 is a normal hunger level indicating "somewhat hungry". Motives run from -100 (min/dead) to 100 (max). Sims beng in low-detail mode is normal.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
mystikmoon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 2010 June 17, 03:26:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sim is having problems satisfying his LTW (swimming in cash).  He has 400 000 simoleans and it still hasn't been satisfied.  Also I'm experiencing an inability to save my game...  I've been watching the save screen for about 30 minutes now so I'm guessing that means I need to ctrl+alt+del the program.  And cell phones aren't working in my game either.  Anyone else having these problems?
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 2010 June 17, 03:43:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay another problem I have started to experience since installing AM is a different sort of lag to what I have seen posted. Whenever I go to enter buymode or buildmode, the game takes about 30 seconds until it actually DOES load up buy or buildmode, however it can instantly go back into SimMode. Anyone else?

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
The Big Pompous Naab
Asinine Airhead

The Result of a Circle Jerk.

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 2010 June 17, 03:50:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay another problem I have started to experience since installing AM is a different sort of lag to what I have seen posted. Whenever I go to enter buymode or buildmode, the game takes about 30 seconds until it actually DOES load up buy or buildmode, however it can instantly go back into SimMode. Anyone else?
I second that.. allthough it only takes 15 secs for me..

Listen You Fat Fuck!.. I Don't Give A Shit!!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 2010 June 17, 03:57:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sim is having problems satisfying his LTW (swimming in cash).  He has 400 000 simoleans and it still hasn't been satisfied.  Also I'm experiencing an inability to save my game...  I've been watching the save screen for about 30 minutes now so I'm guessing that means I need to ctrl+alt+del the program.  And cell phones aren't working in my game either.  Anyone else having these problems?
AwesomeMod cannot affect the saving process, which occurs at a lower level than scriptcore. However, saving does have this habit of taking forever if you're not saving to RAMdisk like I do. Cellphones work fine for me, so tight pants.

myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 2010 June 17, 04:05:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tend to have a 10-15 second hang time when switching to build or buy mode for the first time after I've cleared my caches. I put it off to those caches being regenerated. After that, mode switches are pretty near instant.

*Most current version of AM, I'm back to having the missing texts for household Track on Radar and sim Make Sacred. Only missing household track on radar.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 17, 06:30:25 by myskaal » Logged
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 2010 June 17, 05:34:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am getting the issue where having unknown special seeds in the inventory is blocking access to the supermarket, for anything.  Unable to sho or attend fishing class.  Remove the seeds, everything is fine.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 2010 June 17, 05:37:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quite strange, because the supermarket code is unmodified...also, I vaguely recall this problem being caused by the non-Awesome.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: