More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 23:02:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Death AND Destruction! Meteor Strike
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Death AND Destruction! Meteor Strike  (Read 14950 times)
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Death AND Destruction! Meteor Strike
« on: 2010 June 06, 16:58:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hadn't seen mention of this anywhere and since I have never heard of it beyond the occasional sighting of it via telescope, I figure this is a new Ambitions feature.

Day 3 of Michael Kelso's life in Twinbrook. Just off work, he took a jog over to the community gardens. Since he was feeling a bit peckish, the apples on the trees looked too good to pass up so he started picking a few.

aaannnnd THEN?

Up in the sky? What's that? OMGDUCK!

RIP Kelso.

_____

The destruction of the gardens appears to have remained. I haven't double checked that with another family yet, though.

This was. Awesome.
sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Re: Death AND Destruction! Meteor Strike
« Reply #1 on: 2010 June 06, 17:20:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, but, are the meteor strikes, earthquakes and any other major catastrophes that EA thought to include in Ambitions truly rare or are they like the lightning strikes in Sims2 - so frequent as to become irritating as all hell...

In other words, if every three sim days there's gonna be a meteor strike, I'm not gonna be happy. It's not like meteors crash on our heads every 3 days in real life...kinda like the lightning...how many times has lightning actually struck you or the trees in your yard? Every time there's a thunderstorm?

jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 June 06, 17:57:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had one meteor strike in my game so far.  I didn't see it happen, but I saw the meteor in the middle of the road as my sim was driving to work.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
simovitch
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 June 06, 18:07:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They seem rare enough, first day of gaming a meteor shower hit the town but not a single meteor like this one. Am still hoping to get lucky enough to have sim who get hit by a meteor. Roll Eyes
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 June 06, 18:16:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Past experience with EA random tells us it will either be too often or never. I fully expect this to become a regular occurrence and will, of course, install any mod created to correct EA randomness.

For a first time, though, it was a fun Armageddon surprise.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2010 June 06, 18:17:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this a firefighter thing, or did they just decide to make the randomly generated enormous space rocks more fun?
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 June 06, 18:19:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The active sim was not a firefighter, and was the only sim in the household.Appears to be randomly generated targeting.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2010 June 06, 18:27:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, that's cool. Usually you can only find the huge ones by just walking around and getting lucky, or with the collection helper. Actually seeing them fall is nice.
Firestarter
Asinine Airhead

Put THAT in your pipe and smoke it

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 June 06, 18:36:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

According to the Prima guide:

"Sims who spend time in the outdoors or look through the telescopes at the stars run the risk - however miniscule - of being flattened by a falling meteor.  Fortunately, you get a moment of warning before this actually happens.  A shadow appears on the ground around the Sim and foreboding music lilts through the air (<i>I have yet to hear ANY music in my game, from the stereo or in Buy/Build mode</i>)  But the warning lasts only a few moments and any Sim still in that shadow when the meteor strikes is instantly killed.  If the dead Sim is turned into a playable ghost, the ghost is orange.  Babies and children cannot be squished by a meteor."

I'm guessing since you get the warning, you can get out of the way.

Handle every situation like a dog - if you can't eat it or screw it, piss on it and walk away.
gumbyscout
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 June 06, 19:16:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It would be awesome if someone made a mod where you could trigger a meteor strike on a sim. That way, killing annoying sims would be 200x more explosive, and thus more fun.

cassblonde
Exasperating Eyesore

Lazy Lurker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2010 June 06, 20:02:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yup - TS3 Smite: Death by meteor! FTW

So far I've gotten only small house fires, big house fires and a few building disasters with my now Fire Chief Sim. Bring on the disasters!

I'm an apathetic sociopath, I'd kill you if I cared.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2010 June 06, 20:09:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can you imagine a meteor striking your sim during an awards ceremony?

Just...wiping out half the town? I want it to happen. It would be devastating but awesome.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 June 06, 20:21:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Sim was killed by one right after she came back from an awards ceremony, but she had the death flower so she lived.  She lost her moodlet for being the town hero though.  I was disappointed that the meteor didn't stay behind, actually.

You can get gigantic meteor rocks now sometimes with the Miner created by the inventor bench.
old_dude
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010 June 06, 22:40:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sim was killed by a meteor in the side yard while gardening. He gave the reaper a death flower, and was brought back. 15 minutes game time later I had him in the back yard searching the galaxy, and he was hit by a metoer again. Twice in 15 minutes game time is too freaking soon.
siminsc
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010 June 07, 00:23:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awards ceremony? That's something I haven't heard about before.
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010 June 07, 03:37:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So what are you all saying? Put more than one death flower in your sim's inventory, or should five hold your sim over for a good sim week?  Hope someone change some of coding for those meteorite and other disasters that happen too often.

Really, it's kind of exciting!

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010 June 07, 05:32:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awards ceremony? That's something I haven't heard about before.

Firefighters get awards all the time.  Too damn many, and too often if you ask me.  My sim made Fire Chief in under a sim week and had 3 or 4 awards for different crap.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 07, 07:18:17 by wizard_merlin » Logged

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Panastasia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2010 June 07, 05:48:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just had a sim set herself on fire (and expire) whilst sculpting something out of metal.  Haven't experienced a meteor, though.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2010 June 07, 06:05:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Stay tuned for the next hilarious console command: "rocksfalleveryonedies".

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
NoShitSherlock
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2010 June 08, 04:13:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Debugging allows for you to trigger a meteor, and you can click anywhere you want, so technically you could have one crash on a sim. I did a random meteor strike this way, and Mary Baker happened to be within range of the meteor, and got her ass burninated. She still hasn't cleaned herself up after a week. I also managed to blow up Brunton's Boxcar Diner. Whoops. No sims were inside, so I don't know if they would be exterminated, or just burninated.

As far as sims torching themselves when inventing, I used the AM test to add the hidden trait "Immune to Fire" to my sims, and they have yet to torch themselves. This could just be luck, I'll have to test it out more.
Theria
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2010 June 08, 06:46:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Debugging allows for you to trigger a meteor, and you can click anywhere you want, so technically you could have one crash on a sim. I did a random meteor strike this way, and Mary Baker happened to be within range of the meteor, and got her ass burninated. She still hasn't cleaned herself up after a week. I also managed to blow up Brunton's Boxcar Diner. Whoops. No sims were inside, so I don't know if they would be exterminated, or just burninated.

As far as sims torching themselves when inventing, I used the AM test to add the hidden trait "Immune to Fire" to my sims, and they have yet to torch themselves. This could just be luck, I'll have to test it out more.

I tried to add that trait. I'm assuming I did it right when I got the "yay!" message. They still burnt themselves to a crisp. There's now four ghosts roaming around on that particular lot, which makes it kinda fun for late night inventing. YMMV, of course, but I take no chances and have a shower usable within a few squares of the inventing table.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: