More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 12:19:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Simbots are awesome
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Simbots are awesome  (Read 51634 times)
gumbyscout
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Simbots are awesome
« Reply #25 on: 2010 June 06, 19:24:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure that headgear is from the time machine. There's a chance your sim will come back with special new clothes or accessories.
I'm doubly sure that that "headgear" is a sim-bot's head, a male one to be precise. Though, i've yet to see a blue male sim-bot.

Roobs
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2010 June 06, 22:11:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's definitely a Simbot "hair".

In fact, I'm not even sure there is a speshul "Future" hairstyle at all.
kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2010 June 06, 23:11:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm also sure it is the Simbot's head.  I used test AM on a test hood, to make androids, and it worked!  But my point is that when making the androids, I had to change my simbots into adults.  Before I changed the hair they looked like the picture above.

"Of course I'm alright! But supposing I wasn't alright! I mean, this thing makes me feel in such a way that I'd be very worried if I felt like that about somebody else feeling like this about that. Do you understand?"
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2010 June 07, 00:07:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was hoping little kids, as simbots, would be able to anime properly, but the animation has specific bone assignments (like gardening and etc) that makes them stretch in a terrifying manner. Sucks, because creepy robot kids with spinning heads would be awesome.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2010 June 07, 00:12:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The fact that they have to go to the bathroom and sleep in beds really pissed me off, so I got rid of them. It's like EA didn't feel like adding any new programming to make them actually function differently. It's just a sim wearing a robot suit.
Wait, what? Simbots PEE?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
gumbyscout
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2010 June 07, 00:18:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The fact that they have to go to the bathroom and sleep in beds really pissed me off, so I got rid of them. It's like EA didn't feel like adding any new programming to make them actually function differently. It's just a sim wearing a robot suit.
Wait, what? Simbots PEE?
Sim bots do everything but take showers. Also, bodysnatch works with them, due to the fact that they suffer from Big Foot syndrome from the sims 2; they are just make-up upped. I made a servo using the servo skin someone did, and then a snatched a human's body and it works fine except for the odd eyelids while sleeping.

Sanati
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2010 June 07, 04:29:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm also sure it is the Simbot's head.  I used test AM on a test hood, to make androids, and it worked!  But my point is that when making the androids, I had to change my simbots into adults.  Before I changed the hair they looked like the picture above.

Dunno why I didn't see that. EA did say somewhere that you could get futuristic body mods by using the time machine though, that's what I assumed it was.

Wait, what? Simbots PEE?

They pee, and it's censored. Can also give them the Steel Bladder trait IIRC. Totally ridiculous.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: 2010 June 07, 04:50:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Man you guys HAVE to realize that something that ingests matter will produce waste, right?

I can understand if he did it despite not eating, but they eat stuff.
Hejira
Asinine Airhead

Unable to breed three generations for some reason.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2010 June 07, 05:03:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I assume they vaguely 'Use' the loo, right?

Well, when I finally get a Simbot, I'm assuming that's how they change oil. Just like the AWESOME-O.
Death-Jester
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2010 June 07, 08:22:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It certainly doesn't look like a hat/headgaear. It looks like the Simbot head, clipping inside this guy's head. Here's a shot of the back:

LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2010 June 07, 09:02:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got a female sim in my game with that problem.  I couldn't figure out what the hell it was until I saw the female simbot.  It seems to me that the hairstyle for the simbots is most likely tagged to come up in random hair selections or something.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 07, 09:36:10 by LFox » Logged
Roobs
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2010 June 07, 09:08:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wait, what? Simbots PEE?
Yeah. It's explained as "releasing waste buildup" and the toilet being the "most convenient place to dispose of it".
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2010 June 07, 10:35:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Man you guys HAVE to realize that something that ingests matter will produce waste, right?
Only if you eat food which contains undigestable matter. Simbots eat FOOD? My understanding was that simbots consume scrap metal. Given that scrap metal is entirely digestable, being metal, and in any event, anything which might NOT be digestable is likely toxic heavy metals, you don't want to be dumping that into a terlet. It might even be illegal to do so.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
zanzertem
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2010 June 07, 14:12:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Only if you eat food which contains undigestable matter. Simbots eat FOOD? My understanding was that simbots consume scrap metal. Given that scrap metal is entirely digestable, being metal, and in any event, anything which might NOT be digestable is likely toxic heavy metals, you don't want to be dumping that into a terlet. It might even be illegal to do so.

This assumes that said chemical reaction produces no by-product. It would appear that the Simbot consumes metal to either convert to energy somehow or make internal repairs; similar to human growth or energy conversion. It is highly unlikely that this chemical reaction would have zero by-product.

Hell, even hydrogen cars "pee" because their by-product is water.
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2010 June 07, 14:57:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was trying to figure it out but am totally lost. But I imagine that is indeed how you'd go about doing it.
Yeah, I can't do it.  From reading other forums it seems like it might take a core mod anyway, which would be retarded. 
Georgette
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2010 June 07, 16:22:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This assumes that said chemical reaction produces no by-product. It would appear that the Simbot consumes metal to either convert to energy somehow or make internal repairs; similar to human growth or energy conversion. It is highly unlikely that this chemical reaction would have zero by-product.

Hell, even hydrogen cars "pee" because their by-product is water.

I doubt very much EAxis thought about any of this. They probably were just too lazy to make robots different to sims in any way other than their aesthetics and with a few text changes.

Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: 2010 June 07, 16:32:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That would make sense if Simbots didn't have a specific hidden trait which makes it so that they don't need to shower, gradually age visually over time, come in two preset varieties, etc.

Man, they thought enough to make them look like cruddy, prototype robots- following the idea that the game is 25 and 50 years before TS1 and TS2. They pay attention to detail more than people think (if you looked it up, you'd be surprised at the consistency between games and between families and their stories). It's not so crazy to believe that it's just supposed to be a clunky, inefficient robot.
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2010 June 07, 16:41:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I doubt very much EAxis thought about any of this. They probably were just too lazy to make robots different to sims in any way other than their aesthetics and with a few text changes.

Pretty much.  It is rather disappointing that they are just people in metal suits.  I'd personally like them to be little slaves that do all the chores and shit around the house so their masters can do other more important things.  But whatever is done with them, I'd like them to be more unique.

Actually, come to think of it there is one other difference between a regular sim and a sim bot. It seems sim bots can't be killed.  I had one relaxing in a bed that caught fire and it didn't phase him.  I've restarted the game since then, but I am going to test to see if I can kill one by starvation or by drowning once I make another.
Georgette
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2010 June 07, 16:45:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That would make sense if Simbots didn't have a specific hidden trait which makes it so that they don't need to shower, gradually age visually over time, come in two preset varieties, etc.

Man, they thought enough to make them look like cruddy, prototype robots- following the idea that the game is 25 and 50 years before TS1 and TS2. They pay attention to detail more than people think (if you looked it up, you'd be surprised at the consistency between games and between families and their stories). It's not so crazy to believe that it's just supposed to be a clunky, inefficient robot.

It wasn't the look people were criticising. It was the fact that they pee, despite not having bladders. Try and actually read what people are complaining about rather than automatically fapping over EAxis at every opportunity. And, don't try and imply people know nothing about the game with statements like "if you looked it up", because I've been playing the sims for years, and yes, I have noted the consistency.

Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: 2010 June 07, 17:06:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alright, now actually READ my post and note that I made it VERY clear that my post was referencing their functionality, hence

It's not so crazy to believe that it's just supposed to be a clunky, inefficient robot.

They pee because they're not fucking mega future Servos, they're a little mechanical robot that has waste it needs to get rid of. They have to eat because they're not mega future servos, they dont absorb energy from the world around them. Etc.
Sanati
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2010 June 07, 17:11:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It certainly doesn't look like a hat/headgaear. It looks like the Simbot head, clipping inside this guy's head.

Ya ya, I apologize for my brain fart, we don't need everyone in the thread pointing that out.

Actually, come to think of it there is one other difference between a regular sim and a sim bot. It seems sim bots can't be killed.  I had one relaxing in a bed that caught fire and it didn't phase him.  I've restarted the game since then, but I am going to test to see if I can kill one by starvation or by drowning once I make another.

Well they probably "die" when they age too much. Before that they just break and stop working and then a sim can repair and or reprogram them.
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2010 June 07, 17:25:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well they probably "die" when they age too much. Before that they just break and stop working and then a sim can repair and or reprogram them.
When they break down they automatically repair themselves if a sim doesn't get around to it after a few hours.  But yeah, I'm pretty sure they die of old age, although I haven't played with one long enough for that to happen yet.
Georgette
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2010 June 07, 17:26:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alright, now actually READ my post and note that I made it VERY clear that my post was referencing their functionality, hence

It's not so crazy to believe that it's just supposed to be a clunky, inefficient robot.

They pee because they're not fucking mega future Servos, they're a little mechanical robot that has waste it needs to get rid of. They have to eat because they're not mega future servos, they dont absorb energy from the world around them. Etc.

Quote properly FFS instead of that patronising shit you do with italics. Your posts have a tone displeases me - a certain jumped up sense of self righteousness because someone DARES to criticize the game.  They don't pee to make them appear clunky and inefficient. They pee because EAxis is lazy, and I don't believe basic robots and computer systems pissed when were first invented. And you didn't make it 'very clear' at all; you referenced their gradual aging in the first line, as well as their lack of need to shower and the fact they come in two different varieties, despite that not being a particular skillful way of making the robots different to sims on EAxis' part, which was my criticism in the first place. FFS stop being so far up EAxis' arse. I am sick to death of your posts and cba to respond to you anymore.

And get your fucking grammar right. They is plural, 'a little mechanical robot' is singular.

Stitches
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2010 June 07, 17:31:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They don't pee to make them appear clunky and inefficient. They pee because EAxis is lazy, and I don't believe basic robots and computer systems pissed when were first invented.

I would be pretty concerned if any of the robots at work started peeing. That would indicate a transmission/braking/hydraulic leak. Not standard operating protocol.
Georgette
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2010 June 07, 17:35:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Then it must have been most annoying in 'the olden days' when computers pissed constantly. So pleased we have "mega future" technology now.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: