More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 11:20:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AWESOMEMOD 1.2.7/2.7.7/3.3.11 TEST THREAD
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AWESOMEMOD 1.2.7/2.7.7/3.3.11 TEST THREAD  (Read 265100 times)
staroverthebay
Nitwitted Nuisance

¯\(º_o)/¯ lol wut?

View Profile WWW
Re: AWESOMEMOD 1.2.7/2.7.7/3.3.11 TEST THREAD
« Reply #450 on: 2010 June 13, 02:14:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if this is AM related at all, but my game is randomly hanging and freezing, forcing me to close the game via the computer's Task Manager. Is anyone else having this issue? I can compile a list of my CC, it's not very much right now (beyond a bunch of arrr'd and decrapified store content) because my game won't load if I have very much in it.

¯\(º_o)/¯ I dunno lol
YOUNG AND STUPID.
Introverted, Sensing, Thinking and Perceiving. Conclusion: I IS TOILET PAPER!
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #451 on: 2010 June 13, 02:16:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having trouble fulfilling the new lifetime wish for Kleptos ("Possession is 9/10ths of the Law"). I'm certain I've accumulated more than 50,000 worth of stolen goods, but the stupid LTW just isn't being satisfied.

Does anyone else have this problem? Only playing with Ambitions, latest AM (6/11/2010 8:15PM) and decrapified store content.

You may not have actually fulfilled the requirements, given you said you were certain, not that you actually have.

If you hover over the LTW does it show the value of stolen items?  The lap of luxury LTW shows the current value against the value needed.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Robowolf
Asinine Airhead

Oh, to toss grenades around in space!

View Profile
« Reply #452 on: 2010 June 13, 02:22:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if this is AM related at all, but my game is randomly hanging and freezing, forcing me to close the game via the computer's Task Manager. Is anyone else having this issue? I can compile a list of my CC, it's not very much right now (beyond a bunch of arrr'd and decrapified store content) because my game won't load if I have very much in it.

That's happened to me three times out of the four I've played since Ambitions; I've got Base, WA, Amb and I only have the AwesomeMod from the 11th, I believe. The game also crashes to desktop if I go into Edit Town mode and try to add lots to the town (Twinbrook).

Other than that, though, smooth sailing.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #453 on: 2010 June 13, 02:45:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try "resetworld". Usually a hanging game is the result of a sim being a moron and it can lead to freezing.
Theria
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #454 on: 2010 June 13, 03:04:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the same thing happening, always when I was in map view and either clicked on my home lot, or was following a Sim home. It seemed to have stopped doing it since the last version of AM came out, so I'm not sure whether it's from that or not. When in doubt, blame EA.
barbarellaella
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #455 on: 2010 June 13, 05:30:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm also experiencing something similar, but with the latest build(June 13th AM). The difference is my freezing/hanging happens for about 3 seconds every 10 seconds. What's also strange is that it only happens after 9:30pm & stops sometime in the afternoon. Fixall doesn't fix it & I've tried resetworld once, but the problem persists.
staroverthebay
Nitwitted Nuisance

¯\(º_o)/¯ lol wut?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #456 on: 2010 June 13, 05:59:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

so I took AM out and haven't had freezings, but now I have that fucking Error 16 bullshit

¯\(º_o)/¯ I dunno lol
YOUNG AND STUPID.
JEthel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #457 on: 2010 June 13, 06:38:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had 2 CTD's yesterday.

With AM Build 11/06 19:31, Base+WA+AMB, played in a new save with Riverview and a new sim in the fire fighter career.

The error log seems to indicate missing dll.
It first happends during a fire, then straight after unpausing a freshly loaded game.

Then, at 3rd attempt to play that sim, it went perfectly fine and smooth, not even a FSE.

* CTD lod files 10 06 2010.rar (61.64 KB - downloaded 253 times.)
lordrichter
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #458 on: 2010 June 13, 13:27:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm also experiencing something similar, but with the latest build(June 13th AM). The difference is my freezing/hanging happens for about 3 seconds every 10 seconds. What's also strange is that it only happens after 9:30pm & stops sometime in the afternoon. Fixall doesn't fix it & I've tried resetworld once, but the problem persists.

It looks like the June 13 build changed some text stored in string table files.  No changes were made to the scripts. 

Danger: Chaotic Neutral Human Wizard, 4th Level
PolecatEZ
Blathering Buffoon

Necatur Americanus - and I vote!

View Profile
« Reply #459 on: 2010 June 13, 15:59:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It looks like the June 13 build changed some text stored in string table files.  No changes were made to the scripts. 

Sure about that?

AM Build 6/12 8:39PM - Test hood with no other hacks or game mods.  One single living sim.

- Multiple outfits per category is working now.  Not sure when this was fixed or if it was ever broken, some people were complaining.

- Game lags to hell again, previous AM build was quite smooth running, with this there is literally no difference between 2x and 3x speed, and only a slight increase over 1x speed.

- Schools cannot be placed (game breaker).

- Venues and Interior design career, no changes, still broken.

- Some random lots have their lot names and information scrambled with each load, fixing them again seems to make them stay for the next load.  I haven't found the pattern for what gets scrambled yet, effected all my beach lots (3), a few other community lots (fire station, museum, large park), and regular houses (4).  On the scrambled lots, lot type did not properly show in map view, but their function was fine when visited.  Again, fixing the info and setting the lot type made them work and load fine after they were saved again.

- Outfit categories seem a bit scrambled (related to the fix above?), I found some everyday and athletic clothing in the swimwear category, for example.  Sleepwear also has a few random odds and ends from other categories.

crunk
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #460 on: 2010 June 13, 16:17:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Downloaded the June 12th awesomemod update, am now getting no text when I cntrl+click to make a sim chosen. I get the icon, the sim is assigned the correct trait, and everything seems to be working well, but there is no text on the menu.
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #461 on: 2010 June 13, 17:04:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

- Outfit categories seem a bit scrambled (related to the fix above?), I found some everyday and athletic clothing in the swimwear category, for example.  Sleepwear also has a few random odds and ends from other categories.

I noticed this as well. I had some base-game swimwear bottoms pop up in the everyday category.

I sing along with elevator music.
Holyshitstabfaster
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #462 on: 2010 June 13, 17:17:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I still get the infinite loading screen when I invite AM to the WA+HELS+AMB party.
Should one install the mod and framwork differently than before AMB?

All your base are belong to us.
RogueSkinner
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #463 on: 2010 June 13, 17:19:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doesn't seem to be a AM issue at all, even my unmodded game is doing it.  Blame EA
lordrichter
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #464 on: 2010 June 13, 17:21:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sure about that?

Yup.

- Multiple outfits per category is working now.  Not sure when this was fixed or if it was ever broken, some people were complaining.

I have not seen this with any version of AM, personally.

- Game lags to hell again, previous AM build was quite smooth running, with this there is literally no difference between 2x and 3x speed, and only a slight increase over 1x speed.

Tight pants?  When I see this, it usually means some CC is buggy.  Remove anything you added in the last 48 hours and your problem will probably go away.

- Some random lots have their lot names and information scrambled with each load, fixing them again seems to make them stay for the next load.  I haven't found the pattern for what gets scrambled yet, effected all my beach lots (3), a few other community lots (fire station, museum, large park), and regular houses (4).  On the scrambled lots, lot type did not properly show in map view, but their function was fine when visited.  Again, fixing the info and setting the lot type made them work and load fine after they were saved again.

I have noticed that AMB is not exactly consistent about lot types.  I do not think all of the errors related to lot types are caused by Awesome Mod.

For example, without Awesome Mod installed, if I start several Sunset Valley games, I have seen the School lot set to type "Small Park" and "No Visitors Allowed".  I am not sure what it is supposed to be.

htksos
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #465 on: 2010 June 13, 17:30:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

2010-Jun-12 20:28:01 Mod

for me, this mod seems to work, except a couple of things Ambitions related. All crashed from previous versions have cleared up.
  - The school thing. (I can get my kids to go to school in an AM saved hood, but I have to delete the school along with some hidden objects the school was sitting on after removing awesome mod. Then I placed a new one)
  - Big parking spots.
          I cannot park the fire truck in a big parking spot. While this does not keep me from responding to emergencies, it does keep me from maintaining and upgrading the truck.
          Somehow the inability to park the woowoo caused it to disappear, and it spawned a new one on the next emergency. Since it cannot be upgraded. It is so slow, bicycles pass it! This also happened when I reached fire chief and put one of those spaces on my lot.
  - Also, he takes the fire truck everywhere, even though he has a better vehicle either in his pocket or in the parking lot. I even marked his motorcycle as his prefered vehicle.
PolecatEZ
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #466 on: 2010 June 13, 17:37:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tight pants?  When I see this, it usually means some CC is buggy.  Remove anything you added in the last 48 hours and your problem will probably go away.

I have noticed that AMB is not exactly consistent about lot types.  I do not think all of the errors related to lot types are caused by Awesome Mod.

For example, without Awesome Mod installed, if I start several Sunset Valley games, I have seen the School lot set to type "Small Park" and "No Visitors Allowed".  I am not sure what it is supposed to be.

My school lot was always has been set to "Chinese Garden" and stayed that way.  I attempted to replace the school on that lot and ended up disappearing it, now I can't place another so I'll wait to test it each build.

This bug is quite different though, its related to text strings.  Lot names don't disappear, they get replaced with computer code crap like "String:0000_12345_sunset.valley.lot.name_b435dsdr"

It just happens to a handful of lots with each load, I've saved and reloaded several times and fixed what I found each time, now it seems not to happen any more.  

A similar bug (nuisance level) - Lot types appear in parentheses under the lot name, i.e.:

Sunnyside Strand Beach House
(Beach Lot)

The parentheses with lot type disappears any time you make a name change and must be reset to appear again.  This doesn't seem to effect the actual lot functioning though.

As for custom content, I don't have anything at all except AM and official EAxis store content in .dbc's.  Nothing was added recently, only AM was changed and scriptcache was deleted.
lordrichter
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #467 on: 2010 June 13, 17:52:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have done considerable editing of lots.

I have never seen the school lot be assigned to "Chinese Garden".  Most often, it gets set to "Small Park".  Maybe it does not matter what the lot type is set to for school lots and we are wasting a lot of time thinking it is important.

I am not seeing any of your lot name or lot type problems after renaming.

I suspect your problems are larger than Awesome Mod.   Purge all your cache files and give serious thought to reinstalling Sims 3 from scratch, after burning the fields.

PolecatEZ
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #468 on: 2010 June 13, 17:56:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had it set to Chinese Garden from before installing Ambitions, for me its always been a Chinese garden.  This was not changed to small park, but it did disable the school.  I believe you could also set the "small park" to "chinese garden" yourself and it will stick.
staroverthebay
Nitwitted Nuisance

¯\(º_o)/¯ lol wut?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #469 on: 2010 June 13, 20:27:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

duuuuude i took AM out, and my game CTD'd when I placed a lot. FUCK. I thought that it was AM's fault. Guess not.

¯\(º_o)/¯ I dunno lol
YOUNG AND STUPID.
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #470 on: 2010 June 13, 20:50:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

2010-Jun-11 20:06:34 Build - WA Only

Minor bug: Traits are not being learned from doing interviews via journalism career.
Edit: No traits being learned even with "Observant" LTR.

Will try latest build and report back.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 13, 23:36:45 by radiophonic » Logged

Instant gratification takes too long.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #471 on: 2010 June 13, 21:28:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those of you finding random outfits in the wrong category: I am getting this without awesomemod. Some swimwear and sleepwear in everyday.
lordrichter
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #472 on: 2010 June 13, 21:37:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You should post details in the Borked thread.

Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #473 on: 2010 June 13, 21:58:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I will, I'm just noting that it's not an awesomemod caused issue.
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #474 on: 2010 June 14, 00:02:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

2010-Jun-12 20:28:01, WA Only - Hanging at initial WA loading splash screen. Unable to test.
No error log avail.

Instant gratification takes too long.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: