More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 15:27:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AWESOMEMOD 1.2.7/2.7.7/3.3.11 TEST THREAD
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AWESOMEMOD 1.2.7/2.7.7/3.3.11 TEST THREAD  (Read 265071 times)
lordrichter
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: AWESOMEMOD 1.2.7/2.7.7/3.3.11 TEST THREAD
« Reply #325 on: 2010 June 09, 19:39:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes

Danger: Chaotic Neutral Human Wizard, 4th Level
TheCatMeow
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: 2010 June 09, 21:18:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For some odd reason AM is not working for me. I now only have AM and some CC, with no other mods. The game loads fine with the CC and when I had all my mods in the game.and I have the .dll in my base and all my EPs (WA+HELS+AMB) and updated my resource.cfg file. No matter where I put AM, the game won't recognize it.

Edit: Fixed. Had to delete the .dll from AMD and redownload it. Thanx for the negative encouragement Claeric.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 09, 22:00:41 by TheCatMeow » Logged
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #327 on: 2010 June 09, 21:23:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For some odd reason AM is not working for me. I now only have AM and some CC, with no other mods. The game loads fine with the CC and when I had all my mods in the game.and I have the .dll in my base and all my EPs (WA+HELS+AMB) and updated my resource.cfg file. No matter where I put AM, the game won't recognize it.

When something is working for everyone else (working being a relative term, it is being detected for everyone else) it is clear that any personal issue is just that- a personal issue. You have done something wrong, and we can't tell you what it is, as we do not have access to your computer.
smokeverbs
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: 2010 June 09, 21:48:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(GetClosestUnreservedParkingSpace)

Is it possible to even reserve spaces?

My thinking is you can't "reserve" spaces, but spaces can "belong" to sims. Example: Your driveway is reserved for the sims who live there. EAxis logic? My question would be under what circumstances would non-home spaces be considered "reserved" by the game engine? When you leave your house in a car, with a destination picked, does the game pick where you're going to park before you get there? THAT would definitely be a case of a "reserved" vs. "non-reserved" (i.e. not currently earmarked for a player character to arrive to) space.
bloodredtoe
Corpulent Cretin

Less awesome than some of you

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: 2010 June 09, 21:55:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyway, on the Fireman career thing, just went back into the vanilla game and it just generated coworkers so that is not an EAxis issue after all. I played for several sim days through working at the firehouse with Awesomemod and it never generated or assigned coworkers.

AwesomeMod has a feature of not generating co-workers unless you choose to socialize with them or the game needs them for eg. opportunities, so it was actually quite predictible that it didn't generate co-workers for firemen either.
FireDrake
Blathering Buffoon

It seems that they all died...

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: 2010 June 10, 02:21:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was playing base game+WA+Ambitions with the latest version of AwesomeMod, NRaas Computer, Opporotunities, and Careers, "testing" the new meteor spawner. After a little while (about 10 minutes) it CTD. I'm not sure if this is because I was spawning too many meteors or something behind the scenes, so here's a script error log just in case.

http://www.mediafire.com/?xmzjgza2zln

"Birds, flowers, sun...Hawaii does not exist. It's a myth...like tough liberals, or the Canadian army."
You should click on this.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: 2010 June 10, 02:29:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nobody said you turned the car. Just that "clearly the cars are trying to get into the spot and failing midway" is not a very sound conclusion, considering cars just plain don't try to get into spots.
To anyone else who cares, the road is straight by that house. When I see a stranded car angled in toward a driveway my assumption is an aborted attempt at entering the driveway. Everyone else is free to imagine anything and everything else that car might be doing as an alternative.  Roll Eyes

I have noticed my firefighter leaves his personal fire engine at an angle across the road in front of the fire station whenever he goes to work.  When he goes home, his fire engine appears in the parking space just fine.  He was also able to summon the fire engine from his home to anywhere in town.  After having him jog to the gym to exercise, when he went to go home, his fire engine teleported from his home lot to the gym, not sure it should be doing that.

Sounds like something is screwed up somewhere.

Anyway, on the Fireman career thing, just went back into the vanilla game and it just generated coworkers so that is not an EAxis issue after all. I played for several sim days through working at the firehouse with Awesomemod and it never generated or assigned coworkers.
AwesomeMod has a feature of not generating co-workers unless you choose to socialize with them or the game needs them for eg. opportunities, so it was actually quite predictible that it didn't generate co-workers for firemen either.

Something that Pescado will no doubt fix when he starts working on Ambitions.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #332 on: 2010 June 10, 02:35:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Using Awesomemod build 06/06/2010 02:15:17
All expansions, latest versions.

I do have the school issue, where the school appears as a park.

Just did a renovation project in a house. All the checkpoints were valid, and the house was well done according to the client of it. Haven't tested stylist career yet to see if it's working as intended.
NoShitSherlock
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: 2010 June 10, 03:33:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have an interesting issue with making nectar since installing the latest build (23:15). Everytime I direct a sim to make nectar, they strip naked once the fruit's crushed, and won't get dressed unless you tell them to, or they decide to go outside for something. I have no idea what the hell is going on.
bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: 2010 June 10, 03:35:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know what I did wrong here. All I'm saying is that you cannot say "the cars clearly tried to get into the spot, because they are turned" because the cars do not freaking turn to get into parking spaces. What is wrong about that? This is fact. This is an absolute. The cars do not turn to get into parking spaces.

Duh, guys, sims ALWAYS pull over before leaving the car when there's no parking space available. (yes it's angled because they pulled over) It's been like that since base game. Try driving a car to the beach or park or some place with no parking space and they will pull over before leaving the car, and then the car will vanish from the road and went into their inventory. I'm guessing the problem is that they don't register the driveway is there for some reason, and instead of putting it into sim's inventory, they left the car there.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 10, 03:40:45 by bowrain » Logged
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: 2010 June 10, 05:16:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When doing the architecture career and taking a picture, if you have a camera in your inventory, it's immediately moved to your family inventory and is no longer able to be interacted with. Was able to duplicate the issue 5 times with AwesomeMod. Was working as intended without AwesomeMod.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: 2010 June 10, 05:29:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Intentional or not, Awesome Mod has inserted a defect into the vehicle parking algorithm (GetClosestUnreservedParkingSpace) that checks to see if the car should park in a specific parking space.  This imposes Awesome criteria on where the cars can park.
Code block got pasted in the wrong place when patching it. Should be fixed now.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
MsRaven
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: 2010 June 10, 08:40:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

:DI figured out why my game locks up when loading using awsome mod ..I tried everything so I uninstalled the ts3 installer monkey and tried again and  my game loaded up great..I put this here figured if someone else has this issue and have the installer monkey this would help people know this seems to cause the game to hang  or not load completely at all..
bloodredtoe
Corpulent Cretin

Less awesome than some of you

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: 2010 June 10, 10:26:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having a problem with a cursed sim. I read that the Blessed Sarcophagus (the golden one) was supposed to cure the curse, but it doesn't. I only have AwesomeMod - so I'm either doing something wrong or the Mod causes it.
I tested it with 3 different sims and none of them could be cured by the sarcophagus, the statue from the Sphinx works just fine.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #339 on: 2010 June 10, 10:46:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't confirm if this is AM related or another EAxis screw up.  My sims can now fish in swimming pools, my sim standing by the pool in the gym fishing did look kinds funny, but definitely not right.  Can anyone else confirm this, or do I have a mod conflict I haven't picked up yet?

I recall someone previously mentioning a problem with their sims swimming, I can say when I click swim here, they stand up and walk on water.  Might be handy if trying to create a god-like cult leader for your hood.

Keyan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #340 on: 2010 June 10, 11:07:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't confirm if this is AM related or another EAxis screw up.  My sims can now fish in swimming pools, my sim standing by the pool in the gym fishing did look kinds funny, but definitely not right.  Can anyone else confirm this, or do I have a mod conflict I haven't picked up yet?

I recall someone previously mentioning a problem with their sims swimming, I can say when I click swim here, they stand up and walk on water.  Might be handy if trying to create a god-like cult leader for your hood.

A while ago I noticed something like that, it was after the Sims 3 release, when I clicked on the pool it gave me the option of swim or fish, on inspection of the water all there was was goldfish... Are you able to stock the pool? If so stock the community pools with some sharks. I'll see if it gives me the option in a somewhat vanilla game.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: 2010 June 10, 11:08:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't confirm if this is AM related or another EAxis screw up.  My sims can now fish in swimming pools, my sim standing by the pool in the gym fishing did look kinds funny, but definitely not right.  Can anyone else confirm this, or do I have a mod conflict I haven't picked up yet?
Insane sims and children apparently can do this by default.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: 2010 June 10, 11:17:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't confirm if this is AM related or another EAxis screw up.  My sims can now fish in swimming pools, my sim standing by the pool in the gym fishing did look kinds funny, but definitely not right.  Can anyone else confirm this, or do I have a mod conflict I haven't picked up yet?
Insane sims and children apparently can do this by default.

The sim at the time had the childish trait.  Just checked and the fish option isn't there with the other sim.  Hadn't noticed it before as this was the first childish sim I had played, and never bothered sening kids swimming before.  Learn something different every day.

bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: 2010 June 10, 12:04:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Using the latest AM 6/9/2010 10.35 pm I'm getting error 12 while saving.
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: 2010 June 10, 12:46:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Using the latest AM 6/9/2010 10.35 pm I'm getting error 12 while saving.

That appears to be an EA error, did a search and found it existing long ago before AwesomeMod really. I got it last night without AwesomeMod installed.

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
lordrichter
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: 2010 June 10, 13:10:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That, and the latest version of AM changes two parking space related methods, which is a pretty slim way to create error 12 on save.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 10, 16:10:53 by lordrichter » Logged

Danger: Chaotic Neutral Human Wizard, 4th Level
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: 2010 June 10, 13:46:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh yes, I remember this from way back, however since you actually play the new careers (ie you control the sim inside the firehouse etc) it doesn't have an auto mode like the rabbit holes. You can't choose socialize with coworkers unless there are coworkers there for you to click on to socialize with and Awesomemod is not generating them because you aren't choosing socialize with coworkers.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #347 on: 2010 June 10, 13:59:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cars correctly parking now, bravo.
bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: 2010 June 10, 15:47:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Strange, I've never gotten an error 12 post 2.2.8 patch and since installing this latest AM I've gotten it twice. I don't believe it's a coincidence...
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #349 on: 2010 June 10, 16:12:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Strange, I've never gotten an error 12 post 2.2.8 patch and since installing this latest AM I've gotten it twice. I don't believe it's a coincidence...

It's been my experience that Error 12 pops up commonly after using ctrl+clcik to switch households four or more times in one sitting. I avoid using quick switching and the error 12's went away. It is, however, not an AM bug but a memory corruption issue.

Instant gratification takes too long.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: