More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 00:01:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AWESOMEMOD 1.2.7/2.7.7/3.3.11 TEST THREAD
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AWESOMEMOD 1.2.7/2.7.7/3.3.11 TEST THREAD  (Read 266456 times)
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
Re: AWESOMEMOD 1.2.7/2.7.7/3.3.11 TEST THREAD
« Reply #150 on: 2010 June 06, 11:19:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rubyelf:

That is a sign of a damaged Sim. Last time that happened to me the savegame disintergrated a while later.
Trubble
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

:P

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 2010 June 06, 11:21:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if it's related to Awesomemod, but all of my schools, even in brand new neighbourhoods, have re-purposed themselves as "small parks" and no one can go to school.

A proud thread pirate.
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 2010 June 06, 11:22:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if it's related to Awesomemod, but all of my schools, even in brand new neighbourhoods, have re-purposed themselves as "small parks" and no one can go to school.

That is apparently AwesomeMod related according to a few previous posts. Are you having troubles with schools without the mod?
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 2010 June 06, 11:25:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rubyelf:

That is a sign of a damaged Sim. Last time that happened to me the savegame disintergrated a while later.

It hasn't seemed to have exploded just yet. Anyway I can fix this without losing my sim?

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
Trubble
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 2010 June 06, 11:26:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was playing Twinbrook without it yesterday, but no families with kids so I didn't notice. Will give it a try (on non-awesome saves, obviously).

A proud thread pirate.
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 2010 June 06, 11:27:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rubyelf:

It hasn't seemed to have exploded just yet. Anyway I can fix this without losing my sim?

I can only think of using editSim with AwesomeMod, save a copy of the Sim and remake it with that template. Sorry. Maybe someone else will know another way.

I was playing Twinbrook without it yesterday, but no families with kids so I didn't notice. Will give it a try (on non-awesome saves, obviously).

Lemme know what happens.
Trubble
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 2010 June 06, 11:33:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yup, without Awesomemod schools appear as they should.

A proud thread pirate.
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 2010 June 06, 11:34:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is apparently AwesomeMod related according to a few previous posts. Are you having troubles with schools without the mod?

Regarding this, when I removed the mod I was able to use the school with no problem, with AwesomeMod it was classified as a park, and I was using the most current build that Pes has uploaded.

Rubyelf:

I can only think of using editSim with AwesomeMod, save a copy of the Sim and remake it with that template. Sorry. Maybe someone else will know another way.
If I were to do this, would I lose everything I've worked on him, he's almost maxed out on the Designer profession, and I'm currently working on his relationship with someone.

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 2010 June 06, 11:36:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK: Just have to wait until Pescado finds the cause of the school problem 'cause I have no friggin' clue.
lordrichter
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 2010 June 06, 11:40:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just an update from me on Motives.  After being able to recreate at will across several different saves, the systematic investigation that I did to make sure it was AM that was causing the problem and not something else has resulted in me being unable to reproduce it anymore.  My investigation involved not only removing AM and cache clearings, but removal of any possibility that a stray mod could be loaded, starting new games, and cycling through several different save games, and trying to come at it from different angles.

After restoring the Sims install, mods, and everything that I thought to save, to original, the save games that previously showed the motive problem are no longer failing.  One of the save games that exhibited this now does a Sim reset immediately upon being unpaused, which is curious.  This makes me wonder if something was in an invalid state prior to the motive crash.

I have now upgraded to the latest AM, so I consider all prior testing on this issue invalid.  If I see it again and can capture it, I will.

On the new version, I still am plagued by occasional hangs during loading of worlds and save games.  The green lozenge bar will get to 99.9% and stop permanently.  The game itself is still running and occasionally changes game tips, but the loading itself has frozen.  I have not experienced this outside of AM and often retrying is successful, usually the next time it is tried.  

Edit: I can report that the 06/06/2010 02:15:17 version of AM does not have a problem with Sims going to work in save games I had where this was going to happen.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 06, 11:52:00 by lordrichter » Logged

Danger: Chaotic Neutral Human Wizard, 4th Level
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 2010 June 06, 11:46:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Removing AwesomeMod fixed the problem I was having with the derelict cars that were popping up all around my town.

Placed my sim onto the clipboard and was able to remove the items stuck in his family inventory, unfortunately I lost all relationships, sigh back to the drawing board, oh well!
« Last Edit: 2010 June 06, 11:58:33 by Rubyelf » Logged

ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 2010 June 06, 11:55:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*sigh*

EA really FUBARed this...

Just to clear things up, what exactly happens when you play a Savegame that once had AwesomeMod without having the mod installed?
lordrichter
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 2010 June 06, 12:08:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have had bad luck on all save games where AM was once installed, but is no longer installed.  I have not really given it much thought.  I do not know whether this is because of AM changing something that is subsequently required or because of EA preventing people from accidentally damaging their game.

I can say that if this persists, it will make it more challenging to isolate AM problems from other problems when using passive methods to isolate.

Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 2010 June 06, 12:21:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Think I read this earlier, but my Profession Job's have been broken since installing AwesomeMod, I now have it removed, but it is still broken. I have an interior decorator sim, and I place all the required items in the room, and "present" it to the owner, all the boxes then become unticked. Due to this I am unable to do anymore jobs with my sim.

ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 2010 June 06, 12:37:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Playing old save without AwesomeMod. Yes I know it's stupid, but I want to see if a few changes make any difference. Made backup of save to use when AwesomeMod's back and working.
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: 2010 June 06, 13:07:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anything Ambitions related, haven't even installed yet, still working from Base+WA+HELS.

Just a reminder of what Pescado said earlier. The jobs issue and motive drain had been fixed in the newest build for Base+WA+HELS with patch specified in thread title.

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
bloodredtoe
Corpulent Cretin

Less awesome than some of you

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 2010 June 06, 13:23:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of abandoned cars - apparently sims decided to make a habit of leaving their owned cars on the street. I know at least some of them are not "borrowed" vehicles.

I'm wondering what kind of fail "Upgrade: Upgraded Extinguisher" is. Is it even supposed to work? Giving me some sort of super extinguisher?
pabasa
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 2010 June 06, 13:31:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alright, don't know if this is AwesomeMod, but it only seemed to have appeared after installing it. Randomly items from my Sims inventory will move to the family inventory, the items will tehn become unselectable, unsellable etc. They just sit there as ghosts, however the items are gone from the sims main inventory. Any ideas?

This is not an Awesomemod bug. I have not installed AM since installing Ambitions and I had my precious Camera stuck in family inventory. It seems that the game temporarily moves all inventory of an Architect sim into the family inventory while he/she redecorates and restores it once you are done, but a couple of items fail to return. Hopefully this bug gets fixed soon.

I'm wondering what kind of fail "Upgrade: Upgraded Extinguisher" is. Is it even supposed to work? Giving me some sort of super extinguisher?

It probably does. I upgraded it and with only one or two sprays the fire is gone.
bloodredtoe
Corpulent Cretin

Less awesome than some of you

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 2010 June 06, 13:42:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It probably does. I upgraded it and with only one or two sprays the fire is gone.

I upgraded the extinguisher once. You actually managed to upgrade it twice?
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #169 on: 2010 June 06, 14:39:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So far I've had no major stability issues. However I did notice there are currently no yellow icons for "chosen" household, which is. a very minor issue. Also a big thanks for getting rid of those nag screens.

I do have a question. I noticed that each household can buy all the lots in town and it's no longer limited to one town family. How will this fit in with the AM rabbithole Boss system if multiple families can own a building?

RogueSkinner
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 2010 June 06, 15:31:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I pinpointed my problem using AM with Ambitions and it seems to be linked to that stupid mods found popup EA put in.  Without AM it pops up just fine and I can click through and game finishes loading.  WITH AM, you get the sound of the popup but the screen never shows up for you to click through it.  Is there a way to disable that stupid thing?  I think we already know we install mods.  Seems to be the only issue though. 
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 2010 June 06, 15:58:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I pinpointed my problem using AM with Ambitions and it seems to be linked to that stupid mods found popup EA put in.  Without AM it pops up just fine and I can click through and game finishes loading.  WITH AM, you get the sound of the popup but the screen never shows up for you to click through it.  Is there a way to disable that stupid thing?  I think we already know we install mods.  Seems to be the only issue though. 

I do not have this issue at all, and I'm running Ambitions now too. There is a way to disabe it: type hideHeadlineEffects on into the cheat console.

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
lordrichter
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 2010 June 06, 16:22:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have Ambitions and the latest AM installed.  I can hear the "tick" as the Main Menu dialog is opened, but the Mods Found dialog box and the "whoosh" that comes with it do not happen.  No problems using the main menu dialog.

Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 2010 June 06, 16:47:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have Ambitions and the latest AM installed.  I can hear the "tick" as the Main Menu dialog is opened, but the Mods Found dialog box and the "whoosh" that comes with it do not happen.  No problems using the main menu dialog.

Now that you mention it, I don't get the "Mods Found" dialogue either.

Keyan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 2010 June 06, 16:51:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I were to do this, would I lose everything I've worked on him, he's almost maxed out on the Designer profession, and I'm currently working on his relationship with someone.

Make a copy of that family in the library, I've been doing that and the only thing I notice losing is relationships outside the family, but thats because those other people don't exist in that save.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: