More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 15:39:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Ambitions: What's Fixed
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Ambitions: What's Fixed  (Read 43817 times)
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
Re: Ambitions: What's Fixed
« Reply #75 on: 2010 June 13, 22:30:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aren't there two versions? One is friendly, and one initiates a romantic social session? Like if you were to flirt, the other sim would think you were being "Flirty". Using the friendly Ask If Single would break that, but the Romantic one would keep it going.

Friendly is "so do you have a boyfriend or what?" and romantic is "Hey. You got a boyfriend? Grin How YOU doin'? Grin".

Or at least that's how it used to be...I think.
Georgette
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2010 June 14, 00:02:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Friendly is "so do you have a boyfriend or what?" and romantic is "Hey. You got a boyfriend? Grin How YOU doin'? Grin".

Presumably you're single.

wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2010 June 14, 01:04:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The glass cieling of moneymaking seems to have been fixed. I noticed the progress bar keeps going up after you reach level 10 of a profession. After a quick test, I learned that each time it goes up, your income per job goes up. My ghost hunter is now making 6k each night from his two jobs each day. Real Estate gives a reason to spend this money, too.

Glass ceiling of moneymaking?  I never had a problem with my sims getting raises after reaching level 10 of their careers.  Send them to work, the progress bar goes up and they get a raise.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: 2010 June 14, 01:51:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The raises didn't seem nearly as noticable as these, though, probably because the bar goes up so fast.

According to gameplaydata, the increase is .05 for each active career...and 15% increase in hourly pay for a normal career, but there's at most a 25% chance of getting a raise on any given full performance bar day.

So it does seem like it would happen faster. In just a couple days as a max ghost hunter I went from ~1500 to 2500, but a looooong time playing as a max Law Enforcement only went up a couple hundred.

Then you have to think about the work days- normal careers seem to give you only 3 or 4 a week at level 10, but active careers still have you doing 5.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2010 June 14, 02:24:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If your comparing the active careers to the older rabbit hole ones, you also have to consider the pay rate differences.  The rabbit hole careers pay by the hour, and the new playable professions pay by the week.  It would stand to reason that an increase in a rabbit hole career would be less, but when multiplied by the hours worked, actually becomes a fairly high weekly amount.  As an example, your doctor gets a $50 an hour raise, by 20 hrs of work equals a weekly raise of $1000.  I once had a sim at the top of the medical career earning over $1600 an hour.

If anything the new professions are probably increasing faster because of the borked way EAxis has tied skill building to the work experience bar and hence promotions and pay rises.  Having the work experience bar going up about the same rate as skill building is ridiculous. Multiple promotions and pay rises without ever going to work, just crazy.  If the sim has already maxed the relevant skills before joining a specific profession, that might slow things down a bit.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: 2010 June 14, 03:01:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They only pay stipends per week, the raises I am referring to are for per-job payments, not the stipend. Stipend stays the same and per-job earnings go up.

So continuing my ghost hunter example, I'm making 3k per job, two jobs per day, 5 days per week, one stipend per week- a grand total of 33,000 simoleons per week, assuming I do all the jobs (which I usually don't). Each job I do successfully adds a bit to the progress bar and when it fills up I get yet another raise, and by the time my sim is an elder I will likely be making something around 50k a week.

Most careers don't even go over 2k per day (without raises), which would be something like 8k-10k per week. A few weeks of work probably wouldnt even bump that up to 2.5k.
MissQ
Blathering Buffoon

More Unco Than You!

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2010 June 14, 04:16:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Presumably you're single.
After everything Claeric has been spewing out, this is what triggers the "presumably you're single" thoughts?
I came to that conclusion after the first 50 posts.

Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: 2010 June 14, 17:01:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now that I have the debug options back with awesomemod...

You can use the debug "Sculpturify" command to make ANY object clay, rock, wood, or ice. Ice car? You bet. Ice bath tub? Yep. Ice bed with ice blankets? Somehow.

chazzhay
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2010 June 14, 19:43:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awesome for making an ice palace for a truly evil sim.

"It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live."
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: 2010 June 14, 19:44:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://fuzzylogicdishwasher.blogspot.com/2010/06/fun-with-ice-sculptures.html

You can do it to sims, too. Their exact pose at the time you do it is forever saved in unmelting ice.

Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2010 June 14, 20:09:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What happens to the sim when you do this? Does it kill them? It seems like a VBT.

Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: 2010 June 14, 20:12:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, they just keep doing whatever they're doing. That first picture was just repeatedly making a statue as a sim walked from left to right.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: