More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 19:46:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Ambitions: What's borked
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 21 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Ambitions: What's borked  (Read 262017 times)
Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
Re: Ambitions: What's borked
« Reply #400 on: 2010 June 28, 21:24:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's an issue with Spawners that I don't think anyone has mentioned; if so I apologize in advance for being blind. In case it hasn't been mentioned or someone hasn't seen it, I took some screen shots to show everyone what we're dealing with here. The spawners can be manually deleted or you can bulldoze the lot twice but then you may have to place a new lot where the old one was located. AFAIK, this just started with the latest patch but maybe someone else can verify that. I first heard about this problem from amjoie at Custom Sims 3.

I copied the Bayless Junkyard from Twinbrook to the bin and placed in on a lot in either Sunset Valley or the custom world called Fort Sim (I don't remember which). Here is a screenshot showing the lot and all the spawners that come with it.

Here is Bayless Junkyard again, but I rotated the lot 3 times to get the entrance where I wanted it; notice how the spawners have multiplied.

Here is the supposedly empty lot after the junkyard was bulldozed.

Here is a shot of a new residential lot placed on same site, showing junkyard spawner in front center of pic:

And here is a shot from the basement level of the new lot:

Edited to correct grammatical error.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 28, 22:49:50 by Tangie » Logged
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #401 on: 2010 June 28, 21:33:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When first editing Twinbrook, I did note that there seemed to be some strangeness going on with spawners. On several of the "empty" lots there were actually fishing spawners. Each time I loaded back into the lot there would be a different amount or they would be in different locations on the lots. I did not know then that the issue is to the extent that it is. Also unsure if this is only an issue with Twinbrook lots or if it's something new to spawners through out the whole game.

Another bork for me: Lost Map Tags.
Attempting to research this is yielding little information about whether it's an Ambitions introduction or if it actually started with WA. It does, however, seem to be triggered by visiting a WA vacation land.
LSS: Sent my sim to China, came back. Now that sim, and only that sim, no longer has map tags viewable on the town map.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #402 on: 2010 June 28, 22:03:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Edit World broke spawners, the game is now treating them as world objects (Maybe you were initially supposed to be able to add/remove them, like with trees?) instead of lot objects, so every time they get placed, they stay there, even if a lot is bulldozed. It's not unique to twinbrook, no.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #403 on: 2010 June 29, 12:29:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Spawners treated as world objects is an intentional feature of the game added many patches ago. People were bulldozing lots tht had spawners on them, causing the spawners to be irrevocably lost. The EAxian solution at the time was to make spawners sticky like so. This solution now creates side effects because spawners are no longer irreplaceable and have become quite common and visible.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #404 on: 2010 June 29, 13:00:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did Edit Town also break Terrain Paints in China and France? Because since the latest patch some are missing.
Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #405 on: 2010 June 29, 23:17:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Spawners treated as world objects is an intentional feature of the game added many patches ago. People were bulldozing lots tht had spawners on them, causing the spawners to be irrevocably lost. The EAxian solution at the time was to make spawners sticky like so. This solution now creates side effects because spawners are no longer irreplaceable and have become quite common and visible.

Yes, such as the Beautiful Vista spawners. I remember that. I didn't recall seeing them multiplying to this extent before now, though, and it's something that I plan to watch since a kazillion spawners on a lot could potentially cause issues.

What is up with those plain white spawners that say, 'this object cannot be deleted'? What function, if any, do they serve?
« Last Edit: 2010 June 30, 00:10:08 by Tangie » Logged
Goggalor
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #406 on: 2010 June 29, 23:29:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did Edit Town also break Terrain Paints in China and France? Because since the latest patch some are missing.

The latest patch did, not edit town specifically. I have found out how it broke and a couple of different solutions. There are drawbacks with both, so I wanted to wait and see if EA addresses it in a new patch that is bound to come soon.
geekgirl
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #407 on: 2010 June 29, 23:45:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What is up with those plain white spawners that say, 'this object cannot be deleted'? What function, if any, do they serve?

At least some of those are stuff like butterflies. I was able to move one around with moveobjects, and it showed that it was a butterfly, but I don't recall if I deleted it or had a sim come to collect it.

friendlyquark
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #408 on: 2010 June 29, 23:48:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think he's talking about the stair routers that some people have in custom houses. Those show up as plain white boxes that you cannot delete without "MoveObjects on"
Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #409 on: 2010 June 30, 00:03:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, not talking about the stairs. These look like spawners but they have no markings on them like most other spawners, and they cannot be deleted.

ETA: I even checked to see if they could be nuked with AM, but it wasn't available. I'll look for one and try 'moveobjects on' to see what else I might be able to find out.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 30, 00:09:33 by Tangie » Logged
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #410 on: 2010 June 30, 03:59:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They are routing boxes for stairs. Why they show up on some lots and not others is beyond me but that is what they are, as was said.

ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #411 on: 2010 June 30, 05:26:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The latest patch did, not edit town specifically. I have found out how it broke and a couple of different solutions. There are drawbacks with both, so I wanted to wait and see if EA addresses it in a new patch that is bound to come soon.

Chances of EA fixing it properly: 0
Chances of your fix working, although it has drawbacks: 1
Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #412 on: 2010 June 30, 21:46:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They are routing boxes for stairs. Why they show up on some lots and not others is beyond me but that is what they are, as was said.

Just to be clear, I am referring to lots that have no stairs at all, no stairs located any where near them even. But this all makes sense when you consider that they can't be deleted when connected with stairs, either, you have to just delete the stairs and then undo the action. Wow, that is just beyond bizarre that they would appear on lots with no stairs. It's pretty difficult to do, but EA managed to surprise me with their ineptitude.
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #413 on: 2010 June 30, 23:34:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got a CTD when trying to change Marigold Racket's clothes. I clicked on the dresser and chose "plan outfit" like normal and everything seemed ok at first. I was able to pick her everyday outfit, but when I clicked on the formal tab, I got a CTD. I had just saved before sending her to the dresser, so I loaded the game back up and tried again, but this time instead of clicking on the formal tab, I chose sleepwear. I got an immediate CTD. Tried a third time, just choosing her everyday outfit, but when I clicked on the checkmark button, again it crashed. It doesn't seem to be any bad cc since I had just given Milly Pidgin a makeover in CAS and it was fine. So I'm guessing that Marigold Racket is just messed up. Does anyone else have this problem with her or any of the other pre-made sims?
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #414 on: 2010 July 01, 08:26:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh yes. I get the CTD issue with Amy Bull all the bloody time. I fixed her CTD problem by removing her tattoos, however I now have CTDs whenever she gives a makeover. Handy that, no?

Also get CTD when any sim has a tattoo wish selected & when I mouse over the tattooing station at the salon. Fun for ALL the family there!

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #415 on: 2010 July 01, 09:12:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Many of the new wishes are totally broken because they do not fulfill. My self-employed photographer (very tedious job btw) had those wishes of selling photographs with a total worth of a certain amount. I sold them via the consignment store and I sold them from the inventory. While the job progress bar registered both of these sale methods the wish panel still said 0/1000.
The same with the harvester. The wish said to collect 5 pieces of crap in one go. I blew up the wole junkyard yielding hundreds of pieces of crap, but the wish said that I had collected none. It worked perefectly, however, when the wish was related to harvesting vegetables and fruit with the harvester.

Btw, has anyone else played a self-employed photographer? Is it normal that they get only one meagre award (the key), while my inventor sim receives one bloddy medal after another?

Edit: Another thing I have noticed is that not everything that's been blown up will be restored after the detonation. In my case it was the toilet at Juan's. Damn, I so wanted to have a triumphant pee after sucking in all those cockroaches with the harvester instead of the scrap.
« Last Edit: 2010 July 01, 12:53:02 by vorpal » Logged
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #416 on: 2010 July 01, 15:30:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I ended up just using the Super Computer to kill off Marigold Racket, so problem solved. Well, sort of.

Last night when I was playing, I sent my sim to the consignment shop since I hadn't been there before, but there was no cashier and no other customers. I had her wait there for a full day (using maxmotives to keep her alive) and no one ever showed up. I just installed Windows again recently after replacing my hard drive, so this install is new as of 6/29 and I've only played twice. And both of those times were just to quickly makeover one of the families before quitting. Is there a way to force the game to generate a cashier?

Jackathyn
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #417 on: 2010 July 01, 16:06:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sure I'm not the only one experiencing the issue, but my Firefighter and Ghost-Hunter job completions don't always register. It seems to be a 50/50 chance of the job working at all. Very annoying. I might have the same issue with the Stylist, because even though he changes what the client requested he change I often get the 'failed to give what the client wanted' notice. I've only had one 'bad makeover' and his Creativity skill is around 8 while his job level is about the same mark, so I'd expect him to be starting to have some success by now.... nonetheless suck-job after suck-job gets the guy promoted.
Dienvae
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #418 on: 2010 July 01, 16:16:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a way to force the game to generate a cashier?

Have you tried deleting the cash register and adding a new one?
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #419 on: 2010 July 01, 16:41:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The wish said to collect 5 pieces of crap in one go. I blew up the wole junkyard yielding hundreds of pieces of crap, but the wish said that I had collected none.

That's because you didn't collect them at once. 5 in one go means 5 from one single interaction- like digging through a pile. I thought it was a problem at first, too (assuming for a second that 5 at once meant 5 in a short time, one visit to the junk yard), but it means "5 from one attempt at collecting scrap".
vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #420 on: 2010 July 01, 18:24:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The wish said to collect 5 pieces of crap in one go. I blew up the wole junkyard yielding hundreds of pieces of crap, but the wish said that I had collected none.

That's because you didn't collect them at once. 5 in one go means 5 from one single interaction- like digging through a pile. I thought it was a problem at first, too (assuming for a second that 5 at once meant 5 in a short time, one visit to the junk yard), but it means "5 from one attempt at collecting scrap".
So, you mean that I will have to find a small pile and when it says "5 pieces" when I hover the mouse over it that's the one to pick up? Uh, what a hassle for 500 points, as most of the piles I found contained more than 5 pieces. But thank you for confirming what I almost suspected would be the case.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #421 on: 2010 July 01, 18:53:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Um, no. You have to dig through a pile of scrap.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #422 on: 2010 July 01, 19:35:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Um, no. You have to collect five pieces using the harvester. This means blow up the pile, stand in the middle of a bunch of pieces, and use the harvester - if it grabs five pieces from around you in one go, you get the wish.

INFP or something
Jeeves
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #423 on: 2010 July 02, 03:18:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: Shouty Vole
UNRELIABLE, FALSE INFORMATION
Don't make me get that flashy fucking banner.

I seem to have issues with the harvester and fulfilling wishes. It will randomly not count things that are collected (Example: Harvest 5 plants at once. In this situation the sim stood in the center of 7 plants ready for harvest, harvested from all seven, but counter said 3/5). At first I thought maybe shoddy EAxian logic with basic big inventions "failing" but I've also experienced it with master inventions. I tested the above situation repeatedly and got different results every time.

Quote from: Asstear
6. Banned me from my own forum
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #424 on: 2010 July 03, 04:43:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My level 10 inventor/sculptor just made this monstrosity out of wood. It looks like no wood I've ever seen. Trying to pick it up in buy mode gave a mouse-over title of "Missing Object 1x......."

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 21 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: