More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 10:55:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Ambitions: What's borked
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 21 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Ambitions: What's borked  (Read 260407 times)
Tempo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Ambitions: What's borked
« Reply #250 on: 2010 June 09, 18:28:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Never happened before I installed Ambitions. Plus it's not a question, just a comment about something new and weird in the game.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #251 on: 2010 June 09, 18:52:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, I remembered a BIG one!

Without constrainfloorelevation turned off, that is to say with nothing at all altered, I am experiencing non-flat walls.

Sometimes when building (only on one house, so far), I will get a wall that is just plain not level with the rest. As a result, the rest of the walls on that side of it are lower than those on the left. I end up with places above the walls where floor tiles cannot be placed, rooves cannot be placed, etc.

Similarly, go check out the consignment store in Twinbrook. You'll note that towards the center of the front, there's a dip in the wall. Going up all 3 floors, there's a dip. You can see it on the fence at the top, easily.

This is pretty disruptive to building and can be very hard to fix (properly, at least. Turning off CFE and flattening works fine, but can cause issues.).
TGallo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: 2010 June 09, 19:53:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have an issue, my sim, any sim, can not use the sculptor station or inventing station. Can't even click on the sculptor station. And the inventing station they can go to but when I click dabble, nothing happens. They have scrap. Also I do not have the class at the science lab. please help.
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: 2010 June 09, 20:29:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have an issue, my sim, any sim, can not use the sculptor station or inventing station. Can't even click on the sculptor station. And the inventing station they can go to but when I click dabble, nothing happens. They have scrap. Also I do not have the class at the science lab. please help.
Have you taken out all of your mods?  Without any extra info I'd guess one of them is conflicting for some reason.
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: 2010 June 09, 20:40:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, I remembered a BIG one!

Without constrainfloorelevation turned off, that is to say with nothing at all altered, I am experiencing non-flat walls.

Sometimes when building (only on one house, so far), I will get a wall that is just plain not level with the rest. As a result, the rest of the walls on that side of it are lower than those on the left. I end up with places above the walls where floor tiles cannot be placed, rooves cannot be placed, etc.

Similarly, go check out the consignment store in Twinbrook. You'll note that towards the center of the front, there's a dip in the wall. Going up all 3 floors, there's a dip. You can see it on the fence at the top, easily.

This is pretty disruptive to building and can be very hard to fix (properly, at least. Turning off CFE and flattening works fine, but can cause issues.).

Speaking of contrainfloorelevation... It annoys me that you can't attach a garage to a house with a foundation without tricking the system.  I mean, I've got it figured out now but I shouldn't have to do it.  Plus the trick leaves one wall that slopes down to the foundation which is just ugly.

And I know the lot designers for ambitions know their system sucks because one of the house has an attached garage... but it is only a garage on 3 sides with foundations under all the walls of the garage and lacking a a garage door.  Why?  Because they designed it so you couldn't have 4 sided garages attached to a house with a foundation. 
FlareStorm
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: 2010 June 09, 21:26:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm only patched to the latest, no Ambitions. Dig sites aren't unusable. Gives a route fail thought balloon when I click on them. Happens if AM is installed or not.
TGallo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: 2010 June 09, 21:58:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you taken out all of your mods?  Without any extra info I'd guess one of them is conflicting for some reason.

Thats what I'm thinking is the problem. I have the skills mod. Thanks for the info.
gelfling
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: 2010 June 10, 00:42:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Investigator has been a pain to play: if I want him to actually do something with the case he has received I have to watch him. If I take my camera away he will abandon what he was supposed to do for any other task. Conversely my Ghost Hunter, Stylist and Architect will get on with the task at hand.
Hmm... I bet good money on that he has the absent-minded trait. Those sims you have to keep your eyes on or they forget where they are and what they're doing.
That's a feature, not a bug. Smiley
None of my Sims have that trait. I have also used Twallan's Super Computer to check for hidden traits but he has none other than the five I gave him: perceptive, genius, eccentric, charismatic and virtuoso. He will get on with any other task I set him but give him a case and he will immediately go daft. It seems the Investigator AI has been royally stuffed.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: 2010 June 10, 01:39:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not so much "queue dropping" as it is that you need to have the sim selected for it to work. The moment you unselect the sim it cancels, instantly, and 100% of the time from what I could tell.
Yeah, I can look into quashing that.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
simfan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: 2010 June 10, 03:37:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Out of nowhere today some of my accessories failed to show up on sims like daluved1's long nails and all of Tamo's earrings. Strangely all accessories for feet (socks, nails) showed up fine.
jonas
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: 2010 June 10, 09:11:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This game is not Change Household-friendly at all.  I've had multiple freezes and several crashes just from trying to do that.

*EDIT*  The Changing Household issue may be directly connected to the CC not being in the Documents/Mods folder.  So far, so good anyway.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 13, 06:35:23 by jonas » Logged
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: 2010 June 10, 13:33:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only way I can successfully change households is to "Edit Town" without using the popup save feature.  If I manually save BEFORE going to Town Edit mode, it seems to work.  Using the "Save First" from the popup seems to freeze my game.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: 2010 June 10, 14:17:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd guess this is a WA bork, but either way ambitions didn't fix it.  I created a tomb with a heart shaped pink diamond, palladium and 100 scrap at the end for creating sim bots.  I was testing it out and after completing my run I tried to make a sim bot but wasn't able to.  It just told me I don't have the required materials.   First of all, yes I do.  Second of all, tell me what you think I am missing you stupid program.

My guess is the heart shaped pink diamond got borked somehow when I put it in the treasure chest.  But who knows.

I'll try to find an uncut pink diamond again and see if I can put it in the treasure chest, take it out when exploring the tomb, and see if I can cut that and use it to make a sim bot.

Oh, whoops, I need 10 life fruit.  Never mind, I'm the idiot.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 10, 14:34:17 by Simius » Logged
NoShitSherlock
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: 2010 June 10, 14:34:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have the 10 pieces of life fruit? You need that to give the simbots "life."
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: 2010 June 10, 15:29:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have the 10 pieces of life fruit? You need that to give the simbots "life."

lol.  I figured that out seconds before your post.  Thanks though, I was getting rather frustrated.
simfan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: 2010 June 10, 17:55:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My game also seems to be experiencing the bald custom hair thing a lot more frequently now in addition to my accessories not appearing on sims and my inability to change households.
rocki-i
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: 2010 June 10, 22:20:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did clicking on the Town Hall use to give you the option to change the name of your sim?

I can't remember if this was an actual feature or one I just made up, but it's not available now ..
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: 2010 June 10, 22:21:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You must have some kind of mod conflict; name change is still available in my game.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
rocki-i
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: 2010 June 10, 22:26:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahh, never mind I've got it now. Just had to wait 'till 9AM.
Odd, I thought there would have been a faded out option for it or something.

Ah well, at least it's an actual feature and I'm not just going crazy.
simfan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: 2010 June 11, 04:08:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Mac bald head issue now seems to be linked to certain accessories that are in package form not showing on sims.
Great faulty Ambitions took the hair bug and made it worse  Cry
Mekare
Asinine Airhead

I loveded piggy.

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: 2010 June 11, 08:06:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looks like AMB borked the Gold Digger lifetime wish.  I got bored and decided to make an evil gold digger.  

First attempt I had her marry a rich sim, then got him drowned in the pool. When he came back as a ghost, he was listed as "Fiancee", and the wish couldn't be completed.
I tried again in a new game, and this time married an older rich sim and waited it out to let him die of old age, in case "murder" didnt count.  Same thing.. They had been married for at least 4 ingame weeks and the marriage was still annulled upon his death.

I even tried bringing him back via the Science lab, and still nadda.  They're forever listed as Fiancee, with a partner of "none" when hovering over, and no option to get married again.

I have no CC except for hair and clothing, so looks like EA borked it.  
I should also note that when they die, they no longer show up in the family tree either...

Update:
I was finally able to complete the lifetime wish by breaking up with the ghost (from the science lab), patching up the relationship, starting the romance over from scratch, then sending him back into the netherworld.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 11, 08:13:49 by Mekare » Logged

☑ Saddam Hussein
☑ Osama Bin Laden
☐ Justin Bieber
Sablesasha
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: 2010 June 11, 10:05:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this an Ambitions bork?
 Huh
My sim happily seeded sprogs throughout the town and now if I check the family tree, I can look into the extended families because of this.

Three of the women he's managed to fertilise, have had other children before or after with another man.  All of a sudden children in these families have started karking it!

A notice popped up, that one child had died trying to fix something and they shouldn't have been messing with something like that.  Two others have died and they were only toddlers.

Also Morgana Wolf (I think that's her name) she's had one child, now a teen.   Could see she was preggers again, but no baby has appeared. I'm sure if I went into play her family I would find another toddler or child has died.

I've never had this happen before while playing Sims 3, thought it rather strange.  Anyone else happened upon this?
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: 2010 June 11, 10:53:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I finally got Ambitions to load, so I picked a household at random to play in the new town. It was the Bayless family. Anyway, the first thing I did was check out their traits, relationships, etc. and I noticed some odd things. None of them know anyone, not even each other. And none of them have anyone attached to their family trees. I figure this was supposed to be a family with a mom, dad, teen daughter and child son. Is this broken for anyone else? I switched to another family, and their family tree was ok, so I'm not sure what happened.
Heodez
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #273 on: 2010 June 11, 13:50:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the same problem as Shortyboo.
The first game I played, all the family links were okay. Then that save got corrupted so I started over with the same family (the Jones-Smith-Brown whatever) and they weren't related any more. They had lot all friends outside of the household.
I investigated, and some families in this save are borked this way, while others work just fine (the Rackets are correctly related).
What puzzles me really is that it worked in the first round and not the second.

Forever Night, a sims 2 story.
WIP
Roobs
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: 2010 June 11, 14:15:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, the ties and relationships are all correct in the first Twinbrook save I have, but every other Twinbrook hood I have started since that feature sims with no links to anyone. Not even families fresh out of CAS seem to know anyone in their own household.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 21 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: