More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 16, 14:58:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Ambitions: What's borked
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 21 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Ambitions: What's borked  (Read 261883 times)
LVRugger
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Re: Ambitions: What's borked
« Reply #200 on: 2010 June 07, 13:37:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New borkage I've seen:

- While on vacation I had one sim call long distance to build friendships. She has made 6 best friends at home, and 3 on vacation. The charisma tab shows 3 best friends.

- I have 5 simbots in one family. The first few did not cause any reaction, but the newest 2 keep causing an "ew, a simbot!" reaction, even from other simbots. This is problematic as they keep dropping their queues when the see each other.
alexw
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: 2010 June 07, 18:22:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After my sim got a want to travel, I sent her to Egypt. When I attempted to make her buy falafel, the option did not show up. The only foods available were a few standard base game foods, such as autumn salad. I'm playing without hacks and started a new town. I've never come across this problem before, so I'm assuming it is a bug that was introduced in either the patch or Ambitions.
Sarafina
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: 2010 June 08, 01:15:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Going to see a concert at the stadium lasts only a few sim minutes rather than a couple hours.  The option is still there when the sim comes out so you can keep going in if you desire.  It does give you the concert moodlet so I guess those needing a fun boost in seconds will be pleased.
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: 2010 June 08, 01:48:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed today that I can no longer click on a sim's picture in order to call them-- I have to use the cellphone and "call sim" interaction. Pretty annoying.

I sing along with elevator music.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: 2010 June 08, 01:50:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed today that I can no longer click on a sim's picture in order to call them-- I have to use the cellphone and "call sim" interaction. Pretty annoying.

That's weird. I can still do that with Ambitions.
Nekonyami
Asinine Airhead

Commander of Cats

View Profile WWW
« Reply #205 on: 2010 June 08, 02:59:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it just me or are the professions borked?
I got to level 3 on Ghostbuster and Firefighter (may have been level 4) and it doesn't count what I do. I'll catch all three spirits and it will say 0/3. I'll get rid of a small house fire and it won't count.
I only have Supercomputer, Sliders, and the Skintone Enabler installed. They are all updated for Ambitions, so I'm thinking this must be a game bug.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: 2010 June 08, 03:08:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope.  I got all the way to level 10 on Ghost Hunter, and lots of people have posted that they've made it all the way through the Firefighter profession.  It's probably your CC.  Even updated mods can be buggy sometimes, or conflict with other CC.  The only sure way to check is to try removing all your CC and running a dummy town to see if you're having the same problems.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: 2010 June 08, 03:09:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's weird. I can still do that with Ambitions.

Hmm. Possibly AM-related, then. I haven't had the chance to test without it yet since RL has been keeping me busy. Thanks for the heads up.

myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: 2010 June 08, 03:11:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had no problem clicking on thumbnails in the relationship panel to "chat" or "invite over" with AM installed.
Gotta be something else going on.
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: 2010 June 08, 03:17:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't see how it could be, I don't have any other hacks in the game. Could a bad installation be the culprit? (I'm guessing. I have no idea how that could affect it.)

Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #210 on: 2010 June 08, 03:27:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lots of my sims seem to insist on waking up just minutes after going to bed to do some mundane task. Then they don't go back to bed and I miss it, so they lose hours of sleep D:<
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

You know how to whistle, don't you?

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: 2010 June 08, 04:14:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got to level 3 on Ghostbuster and Firefighter (may have been level 4) and it doesn't count what I do. I'll catch all three spirits and it will say 0/3. I'll get rid of a small house fire and it won't count.
I only have Supercomputer, Sliders, and the Skintone Enabler installed. They are all updated for Ambitions, so I'm thinking this must be a game bug.

I don't have any mods in right now and my game does this.  It doesn't have anything to do with what level you are at, it happens when you switch to another household and then go back to them.  I've seen some complaints about it at the sims forum.  I couldn't tell you why it is happening.
Nekonyami
Asinine Airhead

Commander of Cats

View Profile WWW
« Reply #212 on: 2010 June 08, 04:20:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have any mods in right now and my game does this.  It doesn't have anything to do with what level you are at, it happens when you switch to another household and then go back to them.  I've seen some complaints about it at the sims forum.  I couldn't tell you why it is happening.

What you say makes me think game bork.

I ran a test hood to see if it would fix the problem. It was a copy of the Twinbrook hood I've been playing.
I took the entire Mods folder out and played, and the game worked fine. I put the folder back in and got the same results. I tried different things with the game while the Mods folder was in to make sure it wasn't a fluke, like switch to different households during my ghostbuster's work time and also play another household and switch to my ghostbuster right before he had to go to work, and it still worked fine.

Not sure if 'resetting' the Mods folder had anything to do with it. Hmm.
Jake_mod
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 2010 June 08, 05:15:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no laundry issues.

Cannot confirm at all if it is a glitch but Renovation clients keep saying "I cannot live in this squalor!" claiming I have to at least "give them enough to live with".

Spending all their budget? Nothing. As little as possible? Nothing. Adding extra junk they don't ask for? Nothing. I don't know what I am supposed to do.

I had the samr problem with most places when I deleted some furniture to make room for other stuff. But it only happens if you delete
furniture such as toilets, beds, showers etc, without replacing them. Also, once you get to level 5 of the profession, people start to like
the work you are doing.
Mosquito
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 2010 June 08, 05:35:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ran into a glitch with my sculptor sim - he would start making some sculptures in ice/stone, and there would be a red, flashing cube instead of the sculpture. As if the model itself is somehow missing... Huh
weapons of choice - NRAAS super computer/story progression/no cd hack, slider hack, non default skintone hack, unlocked WA items, registered items hack. Wow, now that I wrote it all here, sems quite a lot, actually (even though they are all latest versions). Well, off to testing I go. Yay. Not.
GoddessByline
Blathering Buffoon

They're everywhere!

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: 2010 June 08, 09:42:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

About the running bug. I started playing last night again, but now the running bug have infected my whole hood.
No one is standing still. If I direct my sims to a community lot she runs there, then lots of townies come running into the lot, only to turn around and leave running again.
The streets are filled with running sims, and when I do home decorations as a part of my job, the clients run around to do the checkups and then promptly run away.

Gawd it is frustrating.

I finally had enough and created a new hood, with a new incarnation of the same sim. Got her a regulare non-profession job so I could play on high speed, and after 5 days she also started running out of the blue.
After that I gave up, and rebooted the game and started building instead.
To me, this is as much of a game stopping bug as the jump bug was in TS2.

Remember to always be yourself... Unless you suck!
Baron
uknortherner
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: 2010 June 08, 09:58:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The AI is more frustrating than usual. From the moment my sim arrives at a lot, it will queue up a "read book" or "watch TV" action (assuming there are books/TVs on that lot), even when on the job. If I cancel these actions, it will immediately queue them up again, in some cases refusing to recognise the cancellation at all.

The annoying thing is, when I have my sim zapping ghosts or talking to an NPC, they will immediately break off these actions to watch TV or read a book in their inventory. Setting Free Will to 'low' fixes it, but then the sim stands around, doing fuck all, so it's not really a fix.

Also, like others have said, the consignment interaction stops working after a few sim days. The option to buy comes up, and both sims (mine and NPC) will go through the motions, but instead of an inventory window popping up, my sim will head over to a bookshelf to read a bloody book!

Also, like others have pointed out: This running around shit is getting annoying, although it has only afflicted NPCs in my game so far.

INTJ (44/12/38/67).
"We're building into all of our games the ability to pay for things along the way, and consumers are enjoying and embracing that way of the business." -EA CFO Blake Jorgensen
cassblonde
Exasperating Eyesore

Lazy Lurker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #217 on: 2010 June 08, 11:32:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a few basic mods in place but none, I think, that would do what happened in my game.

I'm currently playing a Fire Chief(made Sim, worked her up) with an adopted daughter who is now a YA. Daughter got an opportunity to go to France to ask someone about the "french puzzler" for a guy I want her to marry so I sent her. She stole her Mom's personal firetruck and left it in France. In fact the whole process of leaving to go to WA land was off - she drove the firetruck somewhere in Twinbrook and then was walking up a front walk when the WA loading screen showed up. Once she got there and I told her to go find out about the puzzle she pulled the firetruck out to drive there, walked into the wrong place and then pulled a scooter out which she drove to the parked firetruck and talked to the lady. When I sent her home she left the firetruck behind - her Mom no longer has a personal firetruck.

Bork - but very funny.

I'm an apathetic sociopath, I'd kill you if I cared.
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: 2010 June 08, 12:26:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Darn irresponsible kids.

A stupid work around for that would be to buy her a bike and set it as her preferred vehicle.  That way you only lose the bike.

Maybe putting it in her inventory would make it so she doesn't leave it out when in far off lands so she'll actually take it home with her.  But who knows.
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: 2010 June 08, 13:27:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is Stylist borked for anyone else? 'Cause no matter what I do, my clients ALWAYS hate their makeover.
Baron
uknortherner
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: 2010 June 08, 14:12:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The AI continues to piss me off. The game will force my sim to go to bed at a given time no matter how well-rested they are, and cancelling the action does nothing - the game simply queues it up again. The kitchen burned down because the game insisted on my sim going to bed whilst her food was cooking in the oven, and no amount of action canceling would stop this.

Likewise, sending my sim over to the laundromat to do her washing usually results in the AI kicking in and ordering her to stare at a plant or brush her teeth instead of what I had ordered her to do. It really feels like I am merely surplus to requirements and the game's playing out as the developers wish it to.

Also, sticking with the laundromat for a moment - nice idea putting a shop sign up on the second floor (presumably with move objects on), except my sim insists on going upstairs to stare at it and then bitches about route failure, again and again and again... Same goes for statues placed in unreachable places that a sim simply must stare at - repeatedly, or ghosts appearing in the main park after a routine scan, in unreachable places. Brilliant.

In fact, why the hell has nothing been done about seating allocations and the like. Why do all sims insist on swarming over to the same seat that is clearly occupied? Why is it so difficult to program in a bloody ownership token system, so that sims stop footstomping and bitching every five seconds for fuck's sake!

Oh, and why after three days of playing do my garden lights stop casting light beyond the edges of the lot?

------------

EDIT: So, I decided to put the Paranormal career to rest and register my sim as a self-employed Inventor. Almost immediately, the AI backs away from aggressively forcing my sim to do things against my wishes and behaves more in the way it did pre-Ambitions. Looking back at it, it seems that EA may have gone for a Supreme Commander-type approach to the new hands-on jobs, aggressively keeping my sim's motives up so that she was in good shape to carry out her job when she was on the clock. Unfortunately, the AI stays in high gear even when she's not, so it's constantly ordering her about for no good reason.

One skill required for the Paranormal career is Logic, and I noticed that every time she was on a lot with a chessboard, she'd immediately head straight for it. Since I switched careers, my sim no longer has a fetish for playing chess.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 08, 15:00:48 by uknortherner » Logged

INTJ (44/12/38/67).
"We're building into all of our games the ability to pay for things along the way, and consumers are enjoying and embracing that way of the business." -EA CFO Blake Jorgensen
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: 2010 June 08, 15:18:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Circus horrors! So my ghost busting sim was on the job at the Greenwood house when the following occured:

The conversation was apparently about the gun he was using. When she wasn't chatting, she appeared as a normal child.
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

You know how to whistle, don't you?

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: 2010 June 08, 15:56:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What you say makes me think game bork.

I ran a test hood to see if it would fix the problem. It was a copy of the Twinbrook hood I've been playing.
I took the entire Mods folder out and played, and the game worked fine. I put the folder back in and got the same results. I tried different things with the game while the Mods folder was in to make sure it wasn't a fluke, like switch to different households during my ghostbuster's work time and also play another household and switch to my ghostbuster right before he had to go to work, and it still worked fine.

Not sure if 'resetting' the Mods folder had anything to do with it. Hmm.

This does not help me, as I have nothing in my mods folder to reset…   When you switched to another house hold did you switch to a firefighter and go on an emergency or to another ghost buster and do a mission; or was it just a household of rabbit hole workers?  Just curious if you would have the same results if you switched to another household like that. 
tea_and_blues
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: 2010 June 08, 17:12:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Playing in Riverview, the dialogue for the Consignment Store (the Buy/Consign menu) no longer appears at the store. Tried replacing the menu, switching families, and replacing the whole lot, but it seems absolutely borked.

<meh> siggie. </meh>
Roux
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: 2010 June 08, 17:14:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is Stylist borked for anyone else? 'Cause no matter what I do, my clients ALWAYS hate their makeover.

Not for me. I have played a stylist up to level 4 or so, and all but maybe one makeover was liked by the client. The one that didn't like it was one that I solicited without having a specific job for it, when the stylist was still at level 1. All the contracted jobs ("New Baby, New Look," for example) have gone well.

However, I hate the way it queues up the "Take Photo" interaction immediately after the job completes. With my lagtastic game and its choppy camera movement, I can never get a good shot - it's usually just a tiny picture of the client's back. Maybe it's not technically borked, but it's damned annoying. I keep forgetting to try it with a WA camera in the stylist's inventory.

You have your way with him, and you'll never get to destroy the world; and I don't fancy spending the next six months trying to get librarian out of the carpet.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 21 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: