More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 10:18:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Ambitions: What's borked
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 21 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Ambitions: What's borked  (Read 260405 times)
AngerousAlex
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Ambitions: What's borked
« Reply #175 on: 2010 June 06, 01:50:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After my family moved into their new house, the wife and daughter seem to want to run everywhere. There's nothing going on that constitutes the need to run. Though if I click "Go Here" and select the tone to "Walk" they walk.

There's a trait that makes sims run everywhere, I think it's clumsy.

None of them have that trait. My daughter is doing it now too. But not the husband. Maybe it's just female sims?

Is the sim athletic? They tend to run by default, I noticed.
FireDrake
Blathering Buffoon

It seems that they all died...

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 2010 June 06, 02:31:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After my family moved into their new house, the wife and daughter seem to want to run everywhere. There's nothing going on that constitutes the need to run. Though if I click "Go Here" and select the tone to "Walk" they walk.

There's a trait that makes sims run everywhere, I think it's clumsy.

None of them have that trait. My daughter is doing it now too. But not the husband. Maybe it's just female sims?

Is the sim athletic? They tend to run by default, I noticed.

Nope, it's kind of handy if I have their motives set to static and I just let 'em run free, they get places faster lol. Actually, my daughter is Athletic, but the wife is not. So it can't be that.

"Birds, flowers, sun...Hawaii does not exist. It's a myth...like tough liberals, or the Canadian army."
You should click on this.
nekochanpurr
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 2010 June 06, 03:18:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since installing Ambitions my game has been crashing about five minutes into game play. It goes straight to desk top without any warning. I've updated all Mods or deleted them, deleted cache files, and am currently using 3booter.  Googling seems to show that its all Vista or Windows 7 fault, however, mine didn't start until the new EP so I thought it would be something at least to mention.
Nekonyami
Asinine Airhead

Commander of Cats

View Profile WWW
« Reply #178 on: 2010 June 06, 03:33:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if this is a conflict with a mod or major borkage but:

I can't play a certain family, even if I move them into another house. I'll try to play the household and the game will zoom out and there are no icons, only the neighborhood overview and I can't do anything except click the x in the corner and quit.

Also:

Sometimes when I want to go to another household, the checkmark will go gray when I click it and I'm forced to click the back button. This will effect every single household and I'm forced to reload the entire game. And it takes forever to load.
daisylee
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: 2010 June 06, 03:46:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Regarding the running, I have the same thing. I checked the traits and there is nothing there to cause her to run IMO. She runs all the time, but her husband does not. As soon as the toddler son ages I will see what he does. Also, she is PG and should have a girl, so will watch her.

GoddessByline
Blathering Buffoon

They're everywhere!

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: 2010 June 06, 11:50:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There seems to be a bug in action regarding certain professions and the inventory and the family inventory, causing items to get permanently stuck and unusable.
We are so far two players who are in the Architectural Design career, that have gotten stuff stuck in our family inventories.
We have even recreated our sims and started a new vanilla hood to make sure it isn't a cc conflict, but the bug keeps reappering.

As far as we've been able to determine, it happens when our sims perform a renovation as our profession. When the game automaticly goes into buy/build mode, all stuff in our regulare inventory gets transferred to the family inventory under buy mode. Once the renovation is over, the stuff gets transferred back to the regulare inventory, and this is were the bug happens. Some things get stuck in the family inventory, and becomes unusable. You cannot highlight it, or move it, and all attmepts to reset it like playing a few days, or have your sims do different things, like taking a vacation, will not unstick it.

There's alo another player in the (I think) Inventor profession, who was going through the junk at the junkyard and found a "globe sculpture". It went into her personal inventory and not into the family inventory and there it became stuck the same way as the items did for us in the family inventory.

Anyway, Leigh and I am at our witts end, and we have tried "everything", at least everything we can think of, so now we have to turn to the community with this and hopefully someone can make a fix for it.

Edit to add: I don't know if this is a valid observation or not, because we don't have all that much data to go on yet, but it seems like more "regulare" inventory items don't get stuck, instead it's things like laptops, scooters, bikes, electric guitars and things that aren't the more common inventory items.

« Last Edit: 2010 June 06, 12:18:15 by GoddessByline » Logged

Remember to always be yourself... Unless you suck!
Roobs
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 2010 June 06, 12:04:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of which, there appears to be no possible way of removing Portfolios when no longer needed. My sim quit the Archetectural Design career within minutes, but is stuck with that portfolio for the rest of eternity.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #182 on: 2010 June 06, 14:12:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

stuck family inventory can be remedied by moving the sim out and back in.
GoddessByline
Blathering Buffoon

They're everywhere!

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 2010 June 06, 15:10:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

stuck family inventory can be remedied by moving the sim out and back in.
Actually no, it can't, not in this case at least.
This bug uses super-glue.

Jellohelicopter
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: 2010 June 06, 15:14:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Autofollow on high speed is randomly stopped mid-trip. I've only seen it doing this after loading ambitions. It is the only thing I've noticed wrong so far.

Haven't noticed that yet.  I always go to high when my firefighter responds to an emergency, and it follows them all the way, so far.

My computer might be the issue there. I have to run the game at minimum graphics and while the view will occasionally follow my sim all the way to the location, it seems like it would much rather abandon the idea halfway through.
Sanati
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 2010 June 06, 15:19:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Regarding the running, I have the same thing. I checked the traits and there is nothing there to cause her to run IMO. She runs all the time, but her husband does not. As soon as the toddler son ages I will see what he does. Also, she is PG and should have a girl, so will watch her.

I only had one sim do that, and it was in base game, he had the clumsy trait so I assumed it was that (as in it's not a good idea to run around in a house and he would probably run into things). If that's not it then I'm pretty sure it's a hidden attribute. After playing a lot I noticed some sims behave differently even on levels not linked to traits. For example some sims without the Neat trait will still be obsessive about cleaning and washing while others will never ever clean up even without the Slob trait. The running most be something like that, though more rare.
Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 2010 June 06, 22:27:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the retail CD version of TS3, WA, and now Ambitions. Prior to AMB, it took WA about 45 seconds to load and another 45 seconds to load the saved games. Since AMB I've been slowly adding back some of my mods and hacks that have been updated. I played several hours yesterday with only occasional glitches; took about a minute to load AMB and another minute - minute and a half to load the save.

I added a couple more mods today - Desecrate's gun mod, a fountain I didn't think I had, the Reflections mirror, and Twallan's No CD, since others have reported that it works. Unfortunable it didn't work for me. I experienced a lot of lagging; not to the point of being unplayable, but darn annoying. It also took about 4 minuted for the saved game to load (yes, I realize that's a LOT shorter than the good old days but I'm comparing and contrasting here); I took out all the other CC/Mods that I put in today EXCEPT the No CD package, and still had lagging. I took out No CD and the lagging stopped. I put back the other mods I added today except No CD and it was still OK. So now I'm wondering if EA has made it more difficult to bypass the CD check. Is anyone else having this trouble with the No CD package from Twallan, or whatever you're using? I just tried to ask about his file on his site but I have to wait on registration approval.

ETA: I forgot to mention that with the No CD hack in, I never received the EA mod warning screen. After I took it out, it was there.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 06, 22:36:48 by Tangie » Logged
TheSimsandwich
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 2010 June 06, 22:56:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed in my game some new objects don't work. As in, when I direct my sim to use them the action is either ignored, or they randomly teleport away from the object. The main suspects are the trampoline, inventing workbench and the sculpturing station.

Anyone else have/had this problem? It's a real bitch when I want to do something new in my game.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: 2010 June 06, 22:57:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After the maid hung the clothes on the line she had water dripping off her for at least an hour.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

You know how to whistle, don't you?

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: 2010 June 06, 23:19:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After the maid hung the clothes on the line she had water dripping off her for at least an hour.

It happened to my house wife.  She had the soaked moodlett… Cheap washer.
Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 2010 June 06, 23:20:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That happened to my sim once - and she does laundry a LOT. I assumed getting the "soaked" moodlet is supposed to be a periodic consequence of doing laundry. Happens to me all the time in RL...NOT. I think they just wanted to recycle the soaked moodlet from WA.

@simsandwhich, I have had no trouble interacting with objects. Could it be a mod/CC conflict?

ETA: I know people have reported being unable to interact with ghosts but I have not seen any AT ALL. Nada. I have not yet tried the ghostbuster career but I didn't think this prevented ghosts from spawning at the graveyard. I assume there are some that come with the neighborhood, so I have no idea what's going on. I'll just keeping checking to see if they show up eventually.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 06, 23:28:00 by Tangie » Logged
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

You know how to whistle, don't you?

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 2010 June 06, 23:28:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have been playing a vanilla game since Ambitions came out; no AM, no Mods folder (Yah, it sucks. I miss AM).  When I went to switch back to my firefighter after playing my ghostbuster, my firefighter could not complete any mission.  If the mission pop up said to rescue 2 sims and put out a fire, after completing both objectives neither would receive a check mark and the music would not stop.  I switched back to the ghostbuster, and had the same problem; I'd capture the spirits, have them in my inventory, but the pop-up would not show that I had caught them, and the music would not stop. 

I started a brand new game to test around, and the same thing happened.  Everything would be fine and dandy until I switched households and then came back.  I'm thinking that nothing short of a patch will fix this, as I'm playing with no mods, but thought I would post on the off chance that I might have done something wrong, and someone knows how I can fix this.
PirateFaafy
Horrible Halfwit

INTJ and a bouble

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: 2010 June 06, 23:38:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This could be me remembering wrong, but is it not a feature of AM to encourage running whenever possible? Pescado has always been of the persuasion that running is the master race.

I can't seem to find it in the rtfm, but my Sims seem to run often, and I'm running basegame. In any case, it seems more of a feature than a bug. Who wants slow sims?

I will fuck up your face in Denmark! COME! you also seem to be a flock of crapped nerds! COME! [...] That one goes to all of those retarrds that pretend to be a non-fag and yet suck my balls
Sanati
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: 2010 June 07, 04:35:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I put back the other mods I added today except No CD and it was still OK. So now I'm wondering if EA has made it more difficult to bypass the CD check. Is anyone else having this trouble with the No CD package from Twallan, or whatever you're using?

Just get a mini-image and mount it with DAEMON/PowerISO. Works flawlessly.
jonas
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: 2010 June 07, 06:22:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am also having the issue where the option gets lost to switch households.  I did not have this problem prior to Ambitions unlike others have mentioned.

Also, there is an issue with at least the firefighter career that has been noted by others on the EA forum as well.

My initial, CAS-created firefighter played perfectly fine.  When switching households to an in-game char that became a FF, the new FF could not complete his 1st emergency.  He put out the fires, but this was not acknowledged.
The alarms in the fire station continued to sound and repeated attempts to "respond to emergency" fell out of queue.

I've tried quitting his job and accepting a new FF position, returning to the main menu/restarting the game, going into edit town and deleting/replacing the alarms. After replacing the alarms, he was able to respond to the emergency which is now followed immediately by a CTD; both after editing and after restarting.  I'm rather concerned about that.  

While I currently have an assbuttload of CC still in my original Sims 3 folder, the only mod I have at this time is the updated censor.

I think I've worked through this after about 7 more CTD(all access violations reading the same address).  I do not advise playing more than 1 fireman at a time for now.  I had to make the 2nd FF quit completely, go back to original family and wait for the 1am change, fight fire, switch chars to the wife while preventing him from returning after 1am that day and then everything seemed fine.  I also had him collect his service award in case that had something to do with it. Also, deleted script and composition caches somewhere in the middle of that mess.  It's weird.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 07, 08:39:50 by jonas » Logged
GoddessByline
Blathering Buffoon

They're everywhere!

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: 2010 June 07, 11:50:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

During last nights gaming session my sim also started running everywhere. It's most annoying.
She even started running to the city hall when I directed her to go there, even though she was across town and had the scooter in her inventory.

She runs from the fridge to the counter, and from the counter to the stove, though they're only 1 tile apart. It's silly actually, and like I said, most annoying cause it makes it impossible to take good pictures unless she's standing absolutely still.

Edit to add: I don't have AM so that's not the cause. It must be a game bug.

Figwit
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: 2010 June 07, 11:59:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the running sims as well and occasionally they will slide across the floor as if it is ice. Nothing seems to stop the running  unless you move them out of the house and back in again but they eventually start up again. Angry
Dienvae
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: 2010 June 07, 12:41:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The running/ice sliding bug has affected the Goth males in my game. Just the males. Weird. Also, the ghosts on the Goth lot are acting different since Ambitions. Everytime a ghost enters a bedroom now while the sims are sleeping it wakes them up. Never had this problem before Ambitions.
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: 2010 June 07, 13:04:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a reason why my Sim in the Firefighting career has no coworkers at all? Every time my Sim has gone to work there it has been deserted.

EDIT: Scratch that: Nothing at all is happening. No coworkers, no emergencies, nothing.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 07, 13:10:26 by ElectricSimmer » Logged
Baron
uknortherner
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: 2010 June 07, 13:26:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, Ambitions finally arrived in the post this morning, but I've not really had much time to play it yet, except to create a new sim and stick her in one of those shacks in Twinbrook. However, one thing I have noticed is that no matter how full my sim's energy bar is, all she wants to do is go to bed. I have to keep canceling the action out of the queue, but the game immediately queues it up again. Off-lot, she behaves as normal, but the moment I send her back home, she heads straight for bed. This can't be right, surely?

I'm only running Twallan's SuperComputer, Opportunity Control and Relativity at this stage (no AM yet). I'll try it again later with all these mods removed.

EDIT: Gah, I'm an idiot. I'd sent her to the Science lab to join the ghost hunting career, and the hours are evenings and overnights. The game's doing what it usually does and forcing the sim's sleeping pattern to reflect this.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 07, 13:36:05 by uknortherner » Logged

INTJ (44/12/38/67).
"We're building into all of our games the ability to pay for things along the way, and consumers are enjoying and embracing that way of the business." -EA CFO Blake Jorgensen
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 21 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: