More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 15:21:39

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Ambitions: What's borked
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Ambitions: What's borked  (Read 260420 times)
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: Ambitions: What's borked
« Reply #150 on: 2010 June 05, 04:57:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My eco friendly sim has been sad because her room mates all got locked in an underground basement with no exits and then died either in horrible fires or from starvation. 

Actually, even with those -50 mood buffs she has still been happy since she has a bike and does some gardening and dries her clothes on the clothesline.  They seem rather easy to keep pleased.
ihartsnape
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 2010 June 05, 05:05:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dunno if this is borked or what the deal is... But I've had my sims camping out at the cemetery to talk to some of the ghosts.  The ghosts spawn but then head directly to the road and leave and I can't talk to them.  I'm not sure if they end up going to a community lot to hang out or what, but they disappear once they make it to the road so I can't track them IF they are actually going elsewhere.

I've also been having problems with the ghosts at the graveyard. They will spawn, the creepy music starts playing, and then they disappear again before I can approach them. It happens every single time.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: 2010 June 05, 05:10:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My eco friendly sim has been sad because her room mates all got locked in an underground basement with no exits and then died either in horrible fires or from starvation. 

Actually, even with those -50 mood buffs she has still been happy since she has a bike and does some gardening and dries her clothes on the clothesline.  They seem rather easy to keep pleased.

"Lovely Daisies +50 mood
A friend has passed on. But at least their body was recycled and will enhance the earth!"
LVRugger
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 2010 June 05, 07:25:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Took my Twinbrook sims to Egypt to collect some gems so I could get the damn pink diamonds cut into heart shapes and finally build a Simbot. None of my sims could dig at the dig sites, they kept getting route fail thought balloons.
Magwitch
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 2010 June 05, 08:30:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sim died. I don't know if it's because of that, but I can't move in another household. I click the checkmark and it goes grey and nothing happens. I have to go to edit town and try again, but it won't work. It doesnt work if I choose a household either.

The issue of move household seizing up and not allowing move-out or move-in is not specific to the Ambitions EP.  This has occurred in one of my households prior to WA (base TS3 game only).  I am not sure what causes this, but it is not likely caused by something directly related to Ambitions. 

To get rid of the problem, I simply zorched the entire hood and started over.  You may wish to try a less "drastic" solution, of course, but I bet my method is faster.

This happened to me yesterday in a brand new neighborhood. I quit the game, restarted it, started another new neighbourhood...same thing happened again. I've never come across this before Ambitions and there are quite a few posts on the official board complaining about this.
JuliWolfe
Asinine Airhead

It's all about the broohaha.

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 2010 June 05, 11:19:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Got a fireman to the top of his career track and got a fire alarm and firetruck to his inventory so he could work from home. The next day he got married and drove the firetruck to his wedding party (lol) and then went on a honeymoon to France. When they returned I realized the firetruck was gone. Not at home, not at the park where they got married and not in either inventory nor in the family inventory. Pisses me off because there's no way I can figure to get it back.

Dude... that's my spleen.
Serlissa
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 2010 June 05, 11:28:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I  just started playing Ambitions yesterday.  I started a new game in Twinbrook and noticed that there are no map tags.  I did make sure that the filter was properly set. 

I am running a totally vanilla game right now.  The map tags were working in the other two towns after I patched the game.  This started after I installed Ambitions and started playing the new town.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 2010 June 05, 13:36:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On ghost hunting missions where you have to detect and then evict ghosts, I've noticed that the majority of ghosts are in "starving" status when they appear and head straight for the fridge to start preparing a meal.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
pincushionqueen
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 2010 June 05, 13:43:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love the new community lots, but I can't stand their automatic placements!

When you start a new game in Sunset Valley it automatically adds a fire station, a store, a salon and a junkyard. It would be even better if the lots were placed facing the right way! It's so annoying having to move them around and edit the floor tiles!

Also, why is there no pre-made laundromat?
Sanati
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 2010 June 05, 15:15:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The social "dance with" only raises the social motive for the sim who initiates it. I don't remember if that was an old bug or not.

On ghost hunting missions where you have to detect and then evict ghosts, I've noticed that the majority of ghosts are in "starving" status when they appear and head straight for the fridge to start preparing a meal.

Purple ghosts always go straight for the fridge, same with base game if you were haunted by one. They died of starvation, so it makes sense that as a ghost they head straight for food. I have noticed most of the ghosts were purple or white, so maybe that itself is the bug. I only ever saw a single yellow ghost as a ghost hunter, and zero blue, red or gray ghosts. I got bored of the profession around rank 6 though, so maybe you see different ghosts at higher ranks.
Roobs
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 2010 June 05, 16:46:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've definitely seen yellow ghosts raiding the fridge.
AngerousAlex
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 2010 June 05, 18:17:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Makeover stations apparently reset a sim's age. My sim was a couple days from being an Adult, used the makeover station in Twinbrook, and now he's back to "20 days before Adult". :/
Sanati
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 2010 June 05, 18:25:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've definitely seen yellow ghosts raiding the fridge.

Well IIRC the way it works is a ghost spawns with the same motives it had when it died, every time. Purple ghosts starved to death so they spawn starving. Yellow ghosts died of electrocution, and when a sim is electrocuted all their motives plummet right(?), so there's a good chance they will spawn hungry as well.

It's definitely a flaw, but I don't think it's a bug, and it's been like that since the base game.
FireDrake
Blathering Buffoon

It seems that they all died...

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 2010 June 05, 22:47:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After my family moved into their new house, the wife and daughter seem to want to run everywhere. There's nothing going on that constitutes the need to run. Though if I click "Go Here" and select the tone to "Walk" they walk.

"Birds, flowers, sun...Hawaii does not exist. It's a myth...like tough liberals, or the Canadian army."
You should click on this.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #164 on: 2010 June 05, 22:55:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

my game seems to crash when I save/quit when in full screen mode. Can't open task manager, alt-tab, windows-tab, anything. I have to restart.
daisylee
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: 2010 June 05, 22:58:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My one Sim runs everywhere too.

I have a couple. She is an architect and he is a fireman. I played her 2 days to have her do design jobs and he got dinged at work each day for not going to the fire. Does EA think I can play 2 Sims at once? I think the fire scenarios should come up only when we are playing that sim. When not, he should be at the station exercising, whatever.

I should not have to play him at work every day his whole career and have her sit on her fanny at home and wait for him to retire to start her career.

jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 2010 June 05, 23:05:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So far, the AI has worked admirably when it comes to the professions.  You shouldn't have to micromanage both sims.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
daisylee
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 2010 June 05, 23:12:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my case, the AI works for her at home when playing him at work, but not for him at work if playing her at home.

I totally agree. We should not have to micromanage both sims. Unfortunately, if I am playing her he does not go to the fires on his own. The AI in the game will not manage him at work well enough when I do not play him.
Roobs
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 2010 June 05, 23:16:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sim had a fire that could not be extinguished. It was just one tile of flames. There was no option to extinguish it, and he wouldn't autonomously extinguish it either. Tried nuking it, but the fire apparently still existed even though there wasn't a single flame on the lot. Walking away didn't help either; the phantom fire just kept raging as the entire town gathered to panic outside the doomed house.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #169 on: 2010 June 05, 23:30:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok, it's not exiting in full screen...

Going from Full Screen -> Anything else = Crash. The music keeps playing, but I cant do anything and the screen is black. So closing the game while in full screen? Crash. Going windowed? Crash. :\ This happen to anyone else?
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 2010 June 05, 23:52:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm afraid not.  I haven't had any CTD's with Ambitions.  I'm running a minimum of hacks, though.  Most of my CC consists of catalog items.  The only script mods I have are Jonha's mod to remove the limit on the number of sliders and Treeag's mod to store all harvestables with a single slick.

McNum
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 2010 June 05, 23:54:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, one of my sims had her age reset. Not really sure what triggered it, but I suspect the tattoo chair. The revenge of the Dresser bug?
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #172 on: 2010 June 05, 23:57:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well. Don't change households during an awards ceremony.

"Why isn't anyone at the fire station? This is boring."

And then I notice...

This is every single young adult - elder sim in town. Endlessly clapping and throwing confetti. Forever.
Sanati
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 2010 June 06, 01:42:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After my family moved into their new house, the wife and daughter seem to want to run everywhere. There's nothing going on that constitutes the need to run. Though if I click "Go Here" and select the tone to "Walk" they walk.

There's a trait that makes sims run everywhere, I think it's clumsy.
FireDrake
Blathering Buffoon

It seems that they all died...

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 2010 June 06, 01:44:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a trait that makes sims run everywhere, I think it's clumsy.

None of them have that trait. My daughter is doing it now too. But not the husband. Maybe it's just female sims?

"Birds, flowers, sun...Hawaii does not exist. It's a myth...like tough liberals, or the Canadian army."
You should click on this.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: