More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 11:47:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Ambitions: What's borked
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Ambitions: What's borked  (Read 260474 times)
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Re: Ambitions: What's borked
« Reply #450 on: 2010 July 08, 23:10:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe EA can bring a patch out that I can actually update my game with.     Instead of getting error invalid file found every time I try and update with this new patch. Undecided

Maybe you should stop messing with those NoCD cracks that replace the game files or at least remember to back the originals up before you overwrite them.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #451 on: 2010 July 08, 23:17:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe EA can bring a patch out that I can actually update my game with.     Instead of getting error invalid file found every time I try and update with this new patch. Undecided

Maybe you should stop messing with those NoCD cracks that replace the game files or at least remember to back the originals up before you overwrite them.

This.  ARRing games isn't for the feeble of mind.  But maybe if Freckles writes to EA and explains to them how their current patching system makes it SO HARD to pirate their games, they'll ship her files she can use.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
freckles
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #452 on: 2010 July 09, 10:12:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did I mention anything about having a pirate copy of the game in my post?   But please feel free to assume that I do. Roll Eyes (FYI. I bought the games and had the expansion packs bought for me for Christmas and my Birthday.)

I was trying to help another forum member,who was asking if anyone knew were they could find a no CD hack.
Lorina
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #453 on: 2010 July 09, 14:19:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did I mention anything about having a pirate copy of the game in my post?   But please feel free to assume that I do. Roll Eyes (FYI. I bought the games and had the expansion packs bought for me for Christmas and my Birthday.)

I was trying to help another forum member,who was asking if anyone knew were they could find a no CD hack.

... maybe... gamecopyworld.com???
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #454 on: 2010 July 09, 15:15:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you noobtards would care to SEARCH MOAR you would know that there are ways to get rid of the CD check without those crappy gamecopyworld file replacement cracks.

Instead you and your 'friends' will run off and grab those, then not bother to back up the damned original files you overwrite and whine and bitch again the next time a patch comes out and you get invalid file found.

Oh and Freckles, do you always refer to your 'friends' in first person?

jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #455 on: 2010 July 09, 21:49:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"And that was the day that Motoki won the internet and conquered the hearts of all."

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Keyan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #456 on: 2010 July 09, 21:57:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just use awesome mod, the only thing I use the laucher for is updating, only because I'm lazy. Steam launches the game for me, also lets me talk to my friends without alt-tabbing. All hail Motoki the Conqueror, owner of the internets.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #457 on: 2010 July 10, 03:46:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dunno if it's because of the latest patch or if it was always this way, but the fire engine goes slower than the Sloppy Jalopy when responding to fires.
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

You know how to whistle, don't you?

View Profile
« Reply #458 on: 2010 July 10, 04:33:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It always runs slow before you upgrade it.
herefortheparty
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #459 on: 2010 July 10, 05:58:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Warning Goddess. Persons have said that CAW still fails to function properly.

Yes, I'm glad I thought to read the forum before doing anything… Well the Champagne is already open; might as well get drunk! 

The patch = "It's a trap!"

Same here. I just knew I should check here first before allowing EA to totally bork my game. I'll wait for that update until I see here that its safe to install it.
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #460 on: 2010 July 10, 18:07:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Warning Goddess. Persons have said that CAW still fails to function properly.

Yes, I'm glad I thought to read the forum before doing anything… Well the Champagne is already open; might as well get drunk! 

The patch = "It's a trap!"

Same here. I just knew I should check here first before allowing EA to totally bork my game. I'll wait for that update until I see here that its safe to install it.

It is safe now.  If you have CAW you will have to uninstall it.  EA has released a new CAW, or fixed CAW depending on how you look at it.  Install the new version and it will work fine.  When you first turn it on you will notice huge rendering differences, and when you first go to edit in game everything will appear black for a while.  Don't let these things worry you though, it works fine. 

As for how the patch and AM are doing together…  They seem to be playing nicely together, a few hiccups but nothing major or upsetting.  I'd say it is now safe to patch.
herefortheparty
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #461 on: 2010 July 10, 21:17:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for the info Goddess. Since the all clear has been sounded I'll go ahead on with the patch. I've also just d/l'ed a crap-ton of new CC but I'll wait to make sure this is running smoothly before I start the tedious job of installing it all.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #462 on: 2010 July 12, 00:41:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't upgrade the Firetruck Horsepower, and I am not getting any firehouse coworkers. It's a lonely, slow work day. Sad
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #463 on: 2010 July 12, 03:11:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't upgrade the Firetruck Horsepower, and I am not getting any firehouse coworkers. It's a lonely, slow work day. Sad

Welcome to realism.  You need a few mechanical skill points to upgrade.  You should have brought a book to work.
Jackathyn
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #464 on: 2010 July 12, 07:49:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On my firetruck, I get the option to upgrade to Horsepower 4 only on Sims who don't have enough Mechanical skill to select it- ones that do have the skill don't get the option show at all. So my truck's eternal horsepower 3'd. Bugger.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #465 on: 2010 July 12, 08:33:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Welcome to realism.  You need a few mechanical skill points to upgrade.  You should have brought a book to work.
A book on Mechanical, perhaps.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #466 on: 2010 July 12, 16:40:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It says "Handiness skill is require to blahblahblah". My sim has 3, and I remember a sim with only one doing it before. Maybe they just upped the requirement.

Still no coworkers, though.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #467 on: 2010 July 12, 16:48:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I imagine higher levels require higher skills to upgrade, so you must increase your mechanical skills more.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Lorina
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #468 on: 2010 July 12, 16:54:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed that every time I run the game, the Career Bundle does not appear in the installed content... I installed it again and works, but when i close and run again the game launcher it appears again as a new download and does not show up in the installed content... I already have decrapyfied.... why does that happens?
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #469 on: 2010 July 12, 17:19:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I imagine higher levels require higher skills to upgrade, so you must increase your mechanical skills more.

Hasn't been uploaded once on this save, though.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #470 on: 2010 July 12, 18:15:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed that every time I run the game, the Career Bundle does not appear in the installed content... I installed it again and works, but when i close and run again the game launcher it appears again as a new download and does not show up in the installed content... I already have decrapyfied.... why does that happens?

I have been noticing the launcher seems to have Alzheimer's lately with regard to whether it has installed certain files. If you try to install them, it says they are already installed (well duh) but it seems to forget it installed them every time you restart the launcher.

As long as the content is showing up in the game it's not really a problem and I just ignore it.

re: Upgrading the fire truck
It says "Handiness skill is require to blahblahblah". My sim has 3, and I remember a sim with only one doing it before. Maybe they just upped the requirement.

You also have Alzheimer's. It requires 5 handiness to upgrade the fire truck and always has.

See here:

http://www.simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Sims_3_Professions#Fire_truck

My personal experience confirms this as well

You can (and should) however maintain the fire truck regularly. This is different than upgrading it though.

Still no coworkers, though.

It's Awesomemod. It won't generate coworkers unless you choose to socialize with coworkers, which of course you can't do without coworkers and since it's not a rabbithole you don't have work modes to select that option.

It's been mentioned numerous times. Maybe Pescado will fix it at some point. So far he seems not especially concerned about doing so. Tongue

friendlyquark
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #471 on: 2010 July 12, 19:17:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it bugs you that badly, start a new game without AM installed and have someone become a firefighter. The game will spawn firefighter friends for you and then you can save, quit, put AM back in and start playing again with the co-workers already in place. Works like a charm.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #472 on: 2010 July 12, 19:22:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it bugs you that badly, start a new game without AM installed and have someone become a firefighter. The game will spawn firefighter friends for you and then you can save, quit, put AM back in and start playing again with the co-workers already in place. Works like a charm.

I did. Well actually I loaded the existing awesomemod save without awesomemod, let it generate coworkers, then saved and reloaded it with awesomemod again. I know you aren't supposed to do that but nothing exploded and I've been running it for a few weeks now since then.

Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #473 on: 2010 July 12, 19:32:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's Awesomemod. It won't generate coworkers unless you choose to socialize with coworkers, which of course you can't do without coworkers and since it's not a rabbithole you don't have work modes to select that option.

:|
Theria
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #474 on: 2010 July 13, 02:24:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

:|

That was totally informative and certainly not a complete waste of space. No wonder you're such a stellar member of the community.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: