More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 13:22:49

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Ambitions: What's borked
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Ambitions: What's borked  (Read 260411 times)
Sanati
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Ambitions: What's borked
« Reply #225 on: 2010 June 08, 18:01:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ran into a glitch with my sculptor sim - he would start making some sculptures in ice/stone, and there would be a red, flashing cube instead of the sculpture. As if the model itself is somehow missing... Huh
weapons of choice - NRAAS super computer/story progression/no cd hack, slider hack, non default skintone hack, unlocked WA items, registered items hack. Wow, now that I wrote it all here, sems quite a lot, actually (even though they are all latest versions). Well, off to testing I go. Yay. Not.

You need to get the latest version of the registered items hack.
Mosquito
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: 2010 June 08, 20:12:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

:facepalm:

Thank you.

Grin
Baron
uknortherner
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: 2010 June 08, 20:48:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Playing in Riverview, the dialogue for the Consignment Store (the Buy/Consign menu) no longer appears at the store. Tried replacing the menu, switching families, and replacing the whole lot, but it seems absolutely borked.

I managed to get this working again in my game after choosing "Cancel consignments". It seems that there's a glitch that kicks in when the deadline for items offered up for sale is reached and instead of the game returning the items to you, it begins to count negative days instead, breaking the dialogue in the process. I had a few items listed with "-4" days remaining. Clearing these fixed the glitch and allowed me to list items again.

INTJ (44/12/38/67).
"We're building into all of our games the ability to pay for things along the way, and consumers are enjoying and embracing that way of the business." -EA CFO Blake Jorgensen
Nekonyami
Asinine Airhead

Commander of Cats

View Profile WWW
« Reply #228 on: 2010 June 08, 21:44:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is Stylist borked for anyone else? 'Cause no matter what I do, my clients ALWAYS hate their makeover.

Stylist is borked for me. Every time I try to do a job, nothing gets checked off, the customer hates it, and it says I didn't do the requested makeover.
tea_and_blues
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: 2010 June 08, 21:57:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Playing in Riverview, the dialogue for the Consignment Store (the Buy/Consign menu) no longer appears at the store. Tried replacing the menu, switching families, and replacing the whole lot, but it seems absolutely borked.

I managed to get this working again in my game after choosing "Cancel consignments". It seems that there's a glitch that kicks in when the deadline for items offered up for sale is reached and instead of the game returning the items to you, it begins to count negative days instead, breaking the dialogue in the process. I had a few items listed with "-4" days remaining. Clearing these fixed the glitch and allowed me to list items again.

Hmmm. Thanks for the tip. Noobish question, but where's the option for that?

<meh> siggie. </meh>
Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: 2010 June 08, 22:20:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of my Stylist's shots in her portfolio is of her client walking through the door of the women's restroom.

I haven't tried to change households again lately, so I haven't experienced this myself yet, but someone at MTS said they cleared their caches and it then they were able to complete the interrupted assignments. Probably just a fluke, but it wouldn't hurt to try it.
Baron
uknortherner
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: 2010 June 08, 22:30:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It should be on the Consignment Register when the Consignment Store NPC's there. If it isn't, you might have to reset the lot to get it to show up.

INTJ (44/12/38/67).
"We're building into all of our games the ability to pay for things along the way, and consumers are enjoying and embracing that way of the business." -EA CFO Blake Jorgensen
RogueSkinner
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: 2010 June 08, 22:58:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone else getting the issue where they can't go to school?  NO MODS.  I know about the AM issue turning the school to a park. 

This the school shows up with options, you can select em but sims get to the front door and can't go in the building.  Had to age up my kid manually to avoid issues where she couldn't go to class.
gelfling
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: 2010 June 08, 23:00:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Investigator has been a pain to play: if I want him to actually do something with the case he has received I have to watch him. If I take my camera away he will abandon what he was supposed to do for any other task. Conversely my Ghost Hunter, Stylist and Architect will get on with the task at hand.
Sanati
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: 2010 June 08, 23:09:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

About the running bug. I started playing last night again, but now the running bug have infected my whole hood.
No one is standing still. If I direct my sims to a community lot she runs there, then lots of townies come running into the lot, only to turn around and leave running again.
The streets are filled with running sims, and when I do home decorations as a part of my job, the clients run around to do the checkups and then promptly run away.

Gawd it is frustrating.

I finally had enough and created a new hood, with a new incarnation of the same sim. Got her a regulare non-profession job so I could play on high speed, and after 5 days she also started running out of the blue.
After that I gave up, and rebooted the game and started building instead.
To me, this is as much of a game stopping bug as the jump bug was in TS2.

I think it has to do with playing tag. I just had two sims play tag and both of them are on perma run now. TBH I like it.
Mosquito
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: 2010 June 08, 23:14:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sim died. I don't know if it's because of that, but I can't move in another household. I click the checkmark and it goes grey and nothing happens. I have to go to edit town and try again, but it won't work. It doesnt work if I choose a household either.

Ditto. Also - it grays out when switching between households (sometimes), and deFinder reported the same issue. Mods aside - AMB borkage?

Note to self - test choppers. It would seem that families who have one get their funds reset to 0 after restarting the game. Must test it.
tea_and_blues
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: 2010 June 08, 23:25:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It should be on the Consignment Register when the Consignment Store NPC's there. If it isn't, you might have to reset the lot to get it to show up.

Ah. That's just the thing. The register doesn't produce the store interface at all. I can click it and select buy, but the consignments aren't ever listed. Tired reseting the lot, the sim, replacing it with a whole store, etc.

Edit Bug only seems to affect the family in play, the store still functions if I switch families. Sounds like others are encountering similar things: http://www.carls-sims-3-forum.com/index.php/topic,1165.0.html
« Last Edit: 2010 June 08, 23:30:58 by tea_and_blues » Logged

<meh> siggie. </meh>
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #237 on: 2010 June 08, 23:32:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ghost Containers seem to stop glowing every so often. Fixed by simply grasping them with the hand of god, but still annoying.

Edit: Auto-replacing of damaged objects in town affects your home. Fire damaged objects will eventually replace themselves automatically at no cost! Not cool!
« Last Edit: 2010 June 08, 23:51:38 by Claeric » Logged
FireDrake
Blathering Buffoon

It seems that they all died...

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: 2010 June 09, 00:04:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

About the running bug. I started playing last night again, but now the running bug have infected my whole hood.
No one is standing still. If I direct my sims to a community lot she runs there, then lots of townies come running into the lot, only to turn around and leave running again.
The streets are filled with running sims, and when I do home decorations as a part of my job, the clients run around to do the checkups and then promptly run away.

Gawd it is frustrating.

I finally had enough and created a new hood, with a new incarnation of the same sim. Got her a regulare non-profession job so I could play on high speed, and after 5 days she also started running out of the blue.
After that I gave up, and rebooted the game and started building instead.
To me, this is as much of a game stopping bug as the jump bug was in TS2.

I think it has to do with playing tag. I just had two sims play tag and both of them are on perma run now. TBH I like it.

That must be it! I recall it happening when my daughter was in the Child stage, and she played tag with the wife...glad to know where it comes from. I guess I'll just have to be a fun Nazi when it comes to those things now.

"Birds, flowers, sun...Hawaii does not exist. It's a myth...like tough liberals, or the Canadian army."
You should click on this.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #239 on: 2010 June 09, 01:55:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yet another: When catching ghosts, you get convenient popups saying what type they are. But these dont show up when exorcising poltergeists, which still gives you ghosts.
Ayana
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: 2010 June 09, 02:55:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ghost Containers seem to stop glowing every so often. Fixed by simply grasping them with the hand of god, but still annoying.

Edit: Auto-replacing of damaged objects in town affects your home. Fire damaged objects will eventually replace themselves automatically at no cost! Not cool!

I didn't notice them replacing themselves over time, however, if you call up the repairman for something else, all burned/salvaged objects will suddenly be like new. In my case, this was a good thing, as a meteor strike borked both my mailbox and garden, making them impossible to interact with. Undecided

It may or may not have given me extra funds as well, or those could be from an opportunity I'd cashed in along the same time, wasn't paying all that much attention to household funds at the time. ("How am I gonna pay my damn bills now?" was more on my mind.)

I hate bb code.  Embarrassed
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #241 on: 2010 June 09, 03:26:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparently the repairman visiting resets the house. I dont know if it resets upgrades, but burned things get fixed from his presence.
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: 2010 June 09, 05:44:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is Stylist borked for anyone else? 'Cause no matter what I do, my clients ALWAYS hate their makeover.

Stylist is borked for me. Every time I try to do a job, nothing gets checked off, the customer hates it, and it says I didn't do the requested makeover.

Exactly my issue!!

Any fixes yet?
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: 2010 June 09, 06:04:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't notice them replacing themselves over time, however, if you call up the repairman for something else, all burned/salvaged objects will suddenly be like new. In my case, this was a good thing, as a meteor strike borked both my mailbox and garden, making them impossible to interact with. Undecided

It may or may not have given me extra funds as well, or those could be from an opportunity I'd cashed in along the same time, wasn't paying all that much attention to household funds at the time. ("How am I gonna pay my damn bills now?" was more on my mind.)

I hate bb code.  Embarrassed

I had the same thing, except mine was from my sim detonating a car near her house, it ended up hitting a few things on her own lot.  I received mail later, and in it was $100,000 for my sim, least it got her out of her junkyard home!

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
GoddessByline
Blathering Buffoon

They're everywhere!

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: 2010 June 09, 10:13:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Investigator has been a pain to play: if I want him to actually do something with the case he has received I have to watch him. If I take my camera away he will abandon what he was supposed to do for any other task. Conversely my Ghost Hunter, Stylist and Architect will get on with the task at hand.
Hmm... I bet good money on that he has the absent-minded trait. Those sims you have to keep your eyes on or they forget where they are and what they're doing.
That's a feature, not a bug. Smiley

Remember to always be yourself... Unless you suck!
Ayana
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: 2010 June 09, 11:42:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm... I bet good money on that he has the absent-minded trait. Those sims you have to keep your eyes on or they forget where they are and what they're doing.
That's a feature, not a bug. Smiley

Nope, it's a bug, my investigator does it as well. In fact, this babysitting thing has been around since WA adventures. The "talk to someone to do this opportunity" interaction loves to queue drop.
Sanati
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: 2010 June 09, 13:50:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not so much "queue dropping" as it is that you need to have the sim selected for it to work. The moment you unselect the sim it cancels, instantly, and 100% of the time from what I could tell. You don't need to have the camera on them though, just select them and click the button and then watch your house or whatever, 95% of the time they will complete it, the other 5% it might drop because their route was blocked by another sim or something. It's just the steps that require you to talk to other sims that work like that. They can do the other stuff on their own.
Tempo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Secret Life
« Reply #247 on: 2010 June 09, 15:15:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Somehow my single sim has a secret life in France. She got married had a kid, who is now a teenager and gained a couple hundred thousand dollars all on a level 0 visa with a man who doesn't even show up in her relationship bar. I was looking for a boyfriend for her when I was prompted to break up with Francois. Look in my family tree and low and behold she has this whole other life.
That Eighties Guy
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: 2010 June 09, 16:42:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Somehow my single sim has a secret life in France. She got married had a kid, who is now a teenager and gained a couple hundred thousand dollars all on a level 0 visa with a man who doesn't even show up in her relationship bar. I was looking for a boyfriend for her when I was prompted to break up with Francois. Look in my family tree and low and behold she has this whole other life.

Isn't that a, you know, WA question?
Baron
uknortherner
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: 2010 June 09, 17:32:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isn't that a, you know, WA question?

I just loved the way it changed the subject title in a special act of speshulsnowflaekedness to deliberately draw all attention upon itself. How cute.

INTJ (44/12/38/67).
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: