More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 13:17:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  CAW Issues with Ambitions
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: CAW Issues with Ambitions  (Read 6999 times)
FireDrake
Blathering Buffoon

It seems that they all died...

View Profile
CAW Issues with Ambitions
« on: 2010 June 01, 20:18:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After I installed Ambitions, I tried to use the CAW tool, but it says that it crashes and it's data files are corrupted. I figured this was probably my fault poking around at it earlier, so I reinstalled it and patched it up to the current version. However, I am still getting this error message. Is anyone else getting this, or is it just me?

"Birds, flowers, sun...Hawaii does not exist. It's a myth...like tough liberals, or the Canadian army."
You should click on this.
tea_and_blues
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: CAW Issues with Ambitions
« Reply #1 on: 2010 June 01, 20:30:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same issue here. It's borked for now. I assume there will be a patch for it and they didn't roll it out soon enough. Or they just suck.

<meh> siggie. </meh>
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 June 01, 21:56:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

CAW is still in BETA, isn't it?
FireDrake
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 June 01, 23:35:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, have they said anything about moving forward with it? I mean, they've had a good year or so of data collection. I'm not too sure if that's long enough though.

"Birds, flowers, sun...Hawaii does not exist. It's a myth...like tough liberals, or the Canadian army."
Viscount
immortelleMuse
Blathering Buffoon

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 June 03, 02:37:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone without Ambitions patched their game and had an error loading CAW?

I'm just curious how editing the neighborhood in-game would be like with the new features (both using the CAW edit-in-game and actually in-game), but if the standalone patch borks CAW then I guess there's little point in doing so until they patch CAW as well. Though EA might have forgotten they released a Beta CAW after WA, I don't know.

No matter how old you are, no matter how badass you think you are, if a toddler hands you their ringing toy phone-- you answer it.
girlfromverona
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 June 03, 02:55:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes. I won't be getting Ambitions till tomorrow, but patched yesterday in anticipation. And now I can't use CAW.
Viscount
immortelleMuse
Blathering Buffoon

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 June 03, 03:19:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Drat.

Well, I guess we wait until they patch CAW too. I have a feeling EA forgot about it because they're not exactly making money off of a beta. Half-expecting them to come out with the "final" which will be exactly like the Beta, except you have to pay 30+ bucks for it, and pay an extra 20 to get Sim Store points to buy CAW "exclusive tools." Or something crazy like that. Bah.
Was going to help test the new AwesomeMod, but I guess I should post-pone that also until I finish what I'm working on.

Excuse my cynicism.

No matter how old you are, no matter how badass you think you are, if a toddler hands you their ringing toy phone-- you answer it.
FireDrake
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 June 03, 03:22:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They finally got the "help" forums back up, and if you sift through all the whiny sheeple, you'll find that an admin says they're going to work on it, so who knows how long that will take. And I really hope that they don't charge for it. Or maybe they're waiting to release it with the Create A Pattern tool, they might "run on the same patch" or something.

bloodredtoe
Corpulent Cretin

Less awesome than some of you

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 June 03, 09:34:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yup. But that was previous patch - not the latest. It showed me there was a patch to CAW but it kept crashing, so I didn't update it.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 June 03, 23:29:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How long it will take might depend on which patch they work on first, the one to fix Ambitions or to update CAW.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Viscount
immortelleMuse
Blathering Buffoon

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 June 04, 02:49:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yup. But that was previous patch - not the latest. It showed me there was a patch to CAW but it kept crashing, so I didn't update it.

No, I updated CAW with the previous patch and had no troubles with either CAW or the game (which was also patched.) It might be they'll release a CAW patch, but like wizard_merlin said, depends on what EA wants to fix first. Totally forgot about the Create a Pattern tool, but doesn't that come out in late July? That would be a long time to wait for a fix for CAW between the patch(es?), but then again, it is a beta and they aren't making money off of it. Meh.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: